4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

fast & furious references

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 01:00 AM

fast & furious references

does anyone else get "the fast & the furious" references all the friggin' time?!! with my wing and other mods, i get it about 4 times a week. I REALLY HATE IT!!

anyone else get this crap??
Old 04-07-2002, 01:03 AM

Re: fast & furious references

Originally posted by j-95G
does anyone else get "the fast & the furious" references all the friggin' time?!! with my wing and other mods, i get it about 4 times a week. I REALLY HATE IT!!

Dam!
Old 04-07-2002, 01:10 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

if i did
i'd trash my car.
Old 04-07-2002, 08:15 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
if i did
i'd trash my car.
bahaha - yea i agree... if you keep getting f & f referrences something is wrong with your car!
Old 04-07-2002, 09:44 AM

haha yeah- everytime im with a buddy of mine and a civic comes zooming by with a fart can one of us says OOH FAST AND THE FURIOUS!!
but whatever man do what makes you happy -your car is your car and ill stick by that
Old 04-07-2002, 09:47 AM

the only thing ive ever gotten is "you are trying to make your car look like it was in the fast and furious" by a kid who drives an isuzu suv, he knows absolutely nothing about cars, and my car goes to none of the absurdities some of those cars do, i also explain to him how fake the movie is, how i was modding my car before that movie was even an idea, and how stupid he is for thinking so...
Old 04-07-2002, 09:56 AM

plbbbbbt

because that movie was a joke, and so is a poorly aimed wing providing downforce on a front wheel drive car. look at the 9sec hondas and such, see any wings? all you are doing with those moronic parachutes is adding wind resistance and weight. get your spoiler all wet, go driving, and you'll notice when you get back that the spoiler still has water on it. any mod that does not make you go faster or handle better is wasted money that could have been spent on a different cam, domed pistons, milled, ported, polished heads, etc.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:40 AM

Re: fast & furious references

At least people don't think your car was actually in the movie. Try driving a blue Maxima with a SC, NOS, 19"s, and custom bodywork. Every show I've been in this year, I've had people come up to me and ask if my car was in that movie. Once, I was standing next to my car cleaning the engine and this guy and his friend start talking about my car. He actually told him "yeah, I know the guy and this car was in the movie. That supercharger is running 20lbs of boost, and the NOS is hooked up for a 200 shot" I almost started laughing right there.

What bugs me is that the F&F max isn't all that special.

Originally posted by j-95G

Old 04-07-2002, 10:42 AM

Re: Re: fast & furious references

Originally posted by Shadow
At least people don't think your car was actually in the movie. Try driving a blue Maxima with a SC, NOS, 19"s, and custom bodywork. Every show I've been in this year, I've had people come up to me and ask if my car was in that movie. Once, I was standing next to my car cleaning the engine and this guy and his friend start talking about my car. He actually told him "yeah, I know the guy and this car was in the movie. That supercharger is running 20lbs of boost, and the NOS is hooked up for a 200 shot" I almost started laughing right there.

exactly, shadow's car is more qualified for the position.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:45 AM
I need a truck

i was just about to say, shadow probably has it the worst ... i found a pic of "vince's" maxima andi sent it to my friend and he says "yo you gotta make your car look like that," i was like "nah"
Old 04-07-2002, 10:57 AM

What bugged me was that they made the Max driver such a tool. I did like that they had the sound of the supercharger right. I love that sound. No one really says anything to me about F&F but I do drop lines from the movie occasionally. I was telling someone I raced recently "you never had your car"
Old 04-07-2002, 11:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've had people come up to me and ask if my car was in that movie.
Why would they do that? Your Maxima looks so much better that one...
-Cyrus
Old 04-07-2002, 11:28 AM

For them to make any money the movie was what it had to be. For that it wasn't bad. What it caused on the other hand was. Every little punk that has a civic thinks hes so great because the car in the movie went fast. They aren't exactly car-educated as us but when they say something about our cars being from F&F they are complimenting us in thier own way. Don't be so hard on them, we know what really matters and thats it.
Old 04-07-2002, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by ladeesman
For them to make any money the movie was what it had to be. For that it wasn't bad. What it caused on the other hand was. Every little punk that has a civic thinks hes so great because the car in the movie went fast. They aren't exactly car-educated as us but when they say something about our cars being from F&F they are complimenting us in thier own way. Don't be so hard on them, we know what really matters and thats it.
In the movie it was OK, not bad, not good, I've expected more. On this forum I've seen some of you guys have a lot more beautiful Maximas.

I hate this Maxima spoiler from F&F - looks like f{}cking honda!?
It wasn't in the movie, but Matt Shultze decided to add this spoiler after a movie, what the hell is his problem?