4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

PR Upper Intake Piece...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 12:47 PM

PR Upper Intake Piece...

Where can I purchase one of these and how much do they go for? Also is it easy to install?
Old 05-31-2002, 01:03 PM

DIY ...dont buy it ...very easy to install...easier to make
Old 05-31-2002, 01:05 PM

Re: PR Upper Intake Piece...

Originally posted by 95sickGLE
Where can I purchase one of these and how much do they go for? Also is it easy to install?
Make your own for $15.

Custom Upper Intake
Old 05-31-2002, 01:09 PM

Place Racing Intake

PLACE RACING UPPER INTAKE

I just want to look at my options. Someone please give me some info.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:11 PM

and it looks infinitie times cooler, and you can say you have a "Custom" Intake

pr cai upper tube...umm atleast a good 60-70 bucks....not worth it IMO
Old 05-31-2002, 01:47 PM

Re: Place Racing Intake

Originally posted by 95sickGLE
PLACE RACING UPPER INTAKE

I just want to look at my options. Someone please give me some info.
Ok ok even though its easier and cheaper to make your own intake pipe, i have the PR upper tube too. I got in on a group deal last month from cattman performance. I think you can get it from Place racing too if you call them. but the price is like 70 bucks. Hope that helps. Or you can get the upper pipe from warpspeed for like 55 i think
Old 06-01-2002, 12:52 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1833045125
Ask the seller if he is willing to sell you just the upper pipe. I got 2 of them from him for $48 shipped each. Also ask him if you can still place a bid but only send payment for the piping so the transaction won't be outside of eBay. This is somewhat better than the Warpspeed or Place racing piping due to pricing and because it is polished and not powdercoated. This is the cheapest I have seen for an upper pipe. I've heard bad comments on the board about this seller but he claims to have bought the inventory from a past seller who happens to be the one to blame. Its up to you if you want to do business with him. Either way, eBay insures you. You'll thank me later.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:06 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1833045125
Ask the seller if he is willing to sell you just the upper pipe. I got 2 of them from him for $48 shipped each. Also ask him if you can still place a bid but only send payment for the piping so the transaction won't be outside of eBay. This is somewhat better than the Warpspeed or Place racing piping due to pricing and because it is polished and not powdercoated. This is the cheapest I have seen for an upper pipe. I've heard bad comments on the board about this seller but he claims to have bought the inventory from a past seller who happens to be the one to blame. Its up to you if you want to do business with him. Either way, eBay insures you. You'll thank me later.
hey, thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-01-2002, 01:13 AM

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson

hey, thanks for the heads up!
No problem. I have the pipe installed right now. I can tell you now that you'll need about 2 1-foot 5/8" hoses for the ports since the oem hoses are too short. You'll also need one more hose as an extension for the little hose that is attached to the hose coming from what I think is the crankcase? Can't remember if that's what its called off the top of my head, pretty sleepy right now . I belive it comes with a true K&N filter if you plan on paying the full $99, but I can't guarantee you that its a real K&N, though he did send me the piping in a K&N fiter box. I should have a pic up on my homepage in a little bit.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:31 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
No problem. I have the pipe installed right now. I can tell you now that you'll need about 2 1-foot 5/8" hoses for the ports since the oem hoses are too short. You'll also need one more hose as an extension for the little hose that is attached to the hose coming from what I think is the crankcase? Can't remember if that's what its called off the top of my head, pretty sleepy right now . I belive it comes with a true K&N filter if you plan on paying the full $99, but I can't guarantee you that its a real K&N, though he did send me the piping in a K&N fiter box. I should have a pic up on my homepage in a little bit.
I've seen others with those mini filters on the crankcase inlet? I'm not sure what it does...but would it be safe to do that too? (1 less tube to buy and an small cosmetic mod gained)
Old 06-01-2002, 01:39 AM

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson

I've seen others with those mini filters on the crankcase inlet? I'm not sure what it does...but would it be safe to do that too? (1 less tube to buy and an small cosmetic mod gained)
People say its just for looks and does nothing for performance, but to my knowledge it is actually useful because theres a chance that oil can be sucked up through the hose and into the throttle body so it actullay is there for more than just looks. I decided not to get one because I didn't want to have to go through the hassle of trying to find something to cap off the port on the upper pipe and also a breather filter with the right size inlet. People such as "Toolrocks" has capped off his port on the factory piping and installed a breather filter so you may want to ask him for details. But yea, you could go that route. I went to a local Trak Auto and cut myself a 2-foot 5/8" heater hose and and it turned out be $1.68 at $0.80 a foot. It may be priced different in your area but that's pretty cheap for the extra hoses. The 3rd hose, the smaller of the 2 other hoses, I forgot the size, but you might want to match it up at Trak Auto so you'll have a piece the right size so you can fit it on the port. It shouldn't be any longer than a foot long.
Old 06-01-2002, 05:20 AM

i only had to get 1 hose???....i didnt need the first because it was replcaed by the breather, the 2nd i needed because it was too short, and the third, the skinny one, it was long enuff...