5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

big shout out to all the 60 yr old women here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002 | 07:35 AM

Tim, I'm 48 and I consider the Maxima to be nice, but definitely tame transportation compared to my weekend "baby." You had better hope you don't run into me when I'm driving that instead of the "Maxie," because I will turn you into a "dot in my rearview mirror." My first "baby" was a '64 Impala SS back in the late sixties and I haven't looked back since.
Old 08-30-2002 | 08:03 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

ummm, everyone is kinda missing my point. I'm not dissing the age of the drivers, heck I'm 33, not really young... I'm really talking about the maxima in its natural habitat - grocery gettin'. My other point is that this forum is in no way respresentational of the typical max owner. I really didnt think any 40+ yr old women would respond, 'cause we dont have any here (that actually post)....

Males under 40 make up like 80% of the 5th gen section, yet are only probably 5% of the demographic. *that* is why we have such weak aftermarket suppport. *that* is what is depressing.
Old 08-30-2002 | 08:05 AM

Tim, I couldn't resist...besides "Maxie" is my first import out of 32 cars in the past 30 years and she's been great so far and worth every penny.
Old 08-30-2002 | 08:21 AM

Last I saw on Maxima Demographics mainly appeal to Males 40-45 years old with incomes of 75,000 and higher.
Old 08-30-2002 | 08:23 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

yeah, my dad had some race cars back in the early 70's. Even ran at the Gator Nationals (until someone didnt bolt down a tire bead, 1/2 way down the quarter tire debeaded, car flipped 6 times - end of racing) .

Anyway, he was driving my maxima last year and I kept telling him to give it more gas.. give it more gas, its ok... Finally he punched it. The maxima is one of the few imports with enough torque to bring a big grin to old muscle car guys. Not astonishment, but at least alittle respect.
Old 08-30-2002 | 08:29 AM

Tim, my wife can relate to that...she loves the smooth instant power of "Maxie" versus the Vette where she says it's like getting a ride at Busch Gardens (of course she can't drive 6 speed...so I ensure that she gets the ride of her life when she takes occasional rides with me). The "Maxie" does have plenty of torque to make me happy
Old 08-30-2002 | 02:28 PM

Re: big shout out to all the 60 yr old women here...

Im 22 and yes it is hard to afford a max aspecially when you r in school, but hey what the hell you only live once. BTW money well spend on my max
Old 08-30-2002 | 03:05 PM

Originally posted by TimW
yeah, my dad had some race cars back in the early 70's. Even ran at the Gator Nationals (until someone didnt bolt down a tire bead, 1/2 way down the quarter tire debeaded, car flipped 6 times - end of racing) .

Anyway, he was driving my maxima last year and I kept telling him to give it more gas.. give it more gas, its ok... Finally he punched it. The maxima is one of the few imports with enough torque to bring a big grin to old muscle car guys. Not astonishment, but at least alittle respect.
Yeah, my dad came away very impressed with my car as well. Dad had some of the high performance cars in the early '70's before the gas shortage crunched performance.

My grandmother was considering buying a Max last year! I would have been happy for her to have one, but my ego would have taken a beating! She ended up buying a '01 Buick LeSabre. Her Buick has made me HATE General Motors more than ever. The car is a rolling POS!
Old 08-30-2002 | 07:26 PM

Originally posted by 2M0A0X2
well.......i get a 2k2 in september......but it would be my mom's x.........she's over 45...
we both got the same rims. how you like them?
Old 08-30-2002 | 08:36 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

First Max at 40 something

Yup, I'm one of that 'huge group' of old guys who buy all the Max's. This is my first one, after lusting after them for a few years. I've only seen a few others in my area..no visible mods, none of 'em are going very fast and I seem to be the youngest driver of 'em all!

I've always been a fan of 'sleeper' vehicles, and a 4 door sedan isn't supposed to be this fast, so I've had some fun with the 'younger set'. I love to see their amazement when I punch it. I've gotten some admiring looks from some younger females, too...well..actually I think it's the car that gets the looks..not me. But hey, that's OK. I love the car and will be adding some mods in the next few months. Hey, the age doesn't matter..passion for, and pride in, a common vehicle pretty much makes us all equal.

Peace...and may your 'service engine' light remain dark.