5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Boycott Firebird Raceway (very long rant)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 02:32 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Originally posted by misterx
Nice editing! What a bunch of *****. And I've been pretty polite so far. BTW, the term 'hot rod' was used sarcastically. And, I don't work for Firebird. I just can't stand believe that you would all get your panties in knots over $15. BTW, since you asked what I drive, here are some vids of my Ford...

www.azmustangs.com/videos/richvschrista.wmv

www.azmustangs.com/videos/richvsjay.wmv

I know that it is not the paragon of automotive excellence that the Maxima is but hey, it gets around. And, I built it myself...
I'll head back to my double-wide now...
You drive a 1983 Ford Mustang and you are calling OUR cars "inexpensive wanna-be sports car crap"?????

Mustangs are cool. Yes, faster than Maximas too. They are definitely in my top ten list under $30,000. But would I want one for my daily driver? No thanks. I've got the best of both worlds with my Max. I'd feel confident taking on almost all 4 door cars on the road.

Yes....I said "almost", so you can refrain from inserting your 2K2 Max, WRX, and 3.0CL comments.

And I'm not mad about the $15. I'm mad about the principle of the incident. I didn't get one run in and their response is "tough $hit"?? Myabe I overreacted a bit by dropping the "attorney general" bomb....but these guys made THOUSANDS of dollars that night for NOTHING.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:54 PM
Jer

Re: Boycott Firebird Raceway (very long rant)

I have a suggestion.

It involves matches and gasoline.

'nuff said.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:39 PM

Re: Re: Boycott Firebird Raceway (very long rant)

Originally posted by Jer
I have a suggestion.

It involves matches and gasoline.

'nuff said.
There ain't much to burn down at a racetrack.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I don't daily drive the Mustang, although I could if necessary. I own two GM trucks, both of which will out-accelerate many of the Maximas on this board, judging from the 1/4 mile times I see posted. However, unlike most of you, I know that a 15 sec. vehicle is slow so I keep them off of the track. And if I do race them, I don't complain if I don't get many runs because I know it doesn't matter anyway. In conclusion, to each his own I guess. If you were upset by the track's actions that's fine, but I would suggest being a little more mature about it next time. Yelling at the 'low-paid' track officials won't help the situation. They don't have to take your crap even if they are getting minimum wage and you are a 'well-to-do' Maxima owner. As for the gasoline and matches suggestion, you are welcome to try it, if you can catch me...
Old 09-30-2002, 04:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Boycott Firebird Raceway (very long rant)

Originally posted by asu174

There ain't much to burn down at a racetrack.

Old 09-30-2002, 04:34 PM

You did the right thing! 15 bucks isnt a lot of money, but you should have gotten a rain check. Im sure nobody here wants to pay 15 bucks and not get the result that they were promised. I wouldnt want to **** 15 bucks down the drain.

To the high roller with the Mustang and pickups....I dont see you driving a Bentley down the track, so Im betting that you wouldnt like to be in his situation.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by misterx
I don't daily drive the Mustang, although I could if necessary. I own two GM trucks, both of which will out-accelerate many of the Maximas on this board, judging from the 1/4 mile times I see posted. However, unlike most of you, I know that a 15 sec. vehicle is slow so I keep them off of the track. And if I do race them, I don't complain if I don't get many runs because I know it doesn't matter anyway. In conclusion, to each his own I guess. If you were upset by the track's actions that's fine, but I would suggest being a little more mature about it next time. Yelling at the 'low-paid' track officials won't help the situation. They don't have to take your crap even if they are getting minimum wage and you are a 'well-to-do' Maxima owner. As for the gasoline and matches suggestion, you are welcome to try it, if you can catch me...
I don't think the suggestion was to burn your car.

Mature? How is asking for a rain check immature? And yes, yelling at the low paid track employees WOULD help, because they were the morons that made the decision to not give out rain checks in the first place. It's not like I went up and yelled at the guy who sweeps the pit area. It started as a civil conversation with the main dude over there and he was being a complete *****.

Whatever dude..... If you hate Maximas so much, then leave this forum. And by the way, you can ask SR20DEN about his timeslip from his 2K2 maxima. A 12.1 is what I would consider to be an excellent time.

I suppose that I could gut my car to shave a second off of my timeslip. But having 4 seats, air conditioning, and a nice stereo are a wee bit higher on my list of priorities.

I saw a Nissan Frontier and a Cadillac El Dorado race on Friday night. If they have the right to be there, then so do we. So I guess you and your grease-monkey friends are going to have to wait in line behind us at the track in your $3000 $hitboxes.

By the way, how many people come up to you at the track and say, "Wow, nice car!" Because when I was at the track I had 5 people tell me that.

Having a nice car is more important to me than having a *****-waving contest with my timeslip. I've got nothing to prove to anyone. I just think that the track is fun.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:54 PM

Misterx is my neighbor, Rich. He is from Detroit, and believes that the only cars worth driving are built by the big 3. Please ignore his ignorance. He and I have this argument all the time, don't waste your time trying to explain anything to him, his sole purpose on this board is to ruffle some feathers.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:56 PM

By the way, how many people come up to you at the track and say, "Wow, nice car!" Because when I was at the track I had 5 people tell me that.

Having a nice car is more important to me than having a *****-waving contest with my timeslip. I've got nothing to prove to anyone. I just think that the track is fun.
I agree with you....That Mustang is fast, but in only one area...A straight line. ANYONE can drive in a straight line. Lets see that Mustang take some turns. Personally, I am not impressed with a 11 second Mustang. I can go to the track and see a handful doing that at the local track. Most people with some knowledge of cars can build an 11 second Mustang.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 2K2_6spd
Misterx is my neighbor, Rich. He is from Detroit, and believes that the only cars worth driving are built by the big 3. Please ignore his ignorance. He and I have this argument all the time, don't waste your time trying to explain anything to him, his sole purpose on this board is to ruffle some feathers.
Your neighbor?!
I pity you 2K2_6spd
Old 09-30-2002, 05:05 PM

He's not that bad of a guy, hell I helped build his car. But he is very Domestic biased, and cannot stand my facination with my Maxima. I guess I should have bought a Lumina
Old 09-30-2002, 05:23 PM

He's not that bad of a guy, hell I helped build his car. But he is very Domestic biased, and cannot stand my facination with my Maxima. I guess I should have bought a Lumina
Is this the dude that came over and asked you to help fix his mom's car last Saturday? With the curly hair? ROFL if it is!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2002, 07:38 PM
nc00max

Damn, that's pretty jacked up, and I was there! I flew down to see the fiance in Tucson, and since she wasn't going to be able to go anywhere till 10, I took my loaner, mom's '88 M3, down to kill some time. I only got one run myself. Were you in the line just left of center? Seemed like it wasn't really moving. I left after my first run though to go get her early, so I missed out on all the Big Wheels **** and the problems afterwards. Not that I would've needed the hassle on the monthly fiance weekend, but that really blows. I hope you get something back out of it!

Old 09-30-2002, 09:17 PM

Originally posted by nc00max
Damn, that's pretty jacked up, and I was there! I flew down to see the fiance in Tucson, and since she wasn't going to be able to go anywhere till 10, I took my loaner, mom's '88 M3, down to kill some time. I only got one run myself. Were you in the line just left of center? Seemed like it wasn't really moving. I left after my first run though to go get her early, so I missed out on all the Big Wheels **** and the problems afterwards. Not that I would've needed the hassle on the monthly fiance weekend, but that really blows. I hope you get something back out of it!
I was the 4th car back in the left lane the ENTIRE night. Sucks ***.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:05 PM

No, Andy that's not the guy, I didn't introduce you to him for this reason. He lives on the other side of my subdivision. He not that bad, just set in his ways, and belives in what he thinks is the way things should be. He would like us all to drive/buy American, and not import anything, cause God knows that American technology is way ahead. (of the stone age) But he's still a good friend, and I converted him to the Mustang, you should of known him when he drove the Mullett mobile (Camaro).
Old 10-02-2002, 07:36 AM
Jer

Well if his intent here is to bother us about our minimum wage jobs, maybe he should be deleted/blocked from the board? My minimum wage job bought me a ypipe today...

With regards to lighting things on fire, I was just kidding.. though if you were actually serious about it, there's always cars/towers you can light up or something... maybe their lawn... lol..

I just can't believe their nerve... I'd probably have waited for the cops to come and would have caused a fuss; you could actually have pressed assault charges on the guy for pushing you

Old 10-02-2002, 08:49 AM
Banned

Re: Boycott Firebird Raceway (very long rant)

<<<<<<<Enter wanna be tough guy
W: (Tough guy in my face) You need to leave in 3 seconds or you are going to jail.
A: Are you a cop? I'd like to see your badge.
W: I'm a firefighter.
A: Oh, and firefighters can arrest people now? .Get the fukk out of my face and go put out a fire.
W: (Nudges into me with forced "mad-dog" look on his face. I nudge back).

buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahaha hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha hahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha breathe hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahazhah ahahahahahhahaahhaahhaahahahahahhahaha.

I cant stop laughing.

Firefighter=owned