5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What kind of Clear Side marker BULBS to get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 09:29 PM
PoweredbyNissan

What kind of Clear Side marker BULBS to get?

Hi guys, I just bought some clear bumper lenses for 2k2 maxima. And I am shopping for super white bulbs. I need some advice from all of you. first of all, anyone care about the legal aspect of superwhite bulbs in the sidemarkers? Secondly, do you guys have polarg M-4 superwhite installed or do you use PIAA? I checked, there is like 5 different superwhite made by PIAA. They got Plasma Blue, super white, platium white, super plasma, and extreme white. I swear, these different colors are driving me nuts, makes me waht to just buy all of them and try them out see what color they really are! Anyone has done that by the way? but anyways, anyone know if there really is a difference in the color between all these applications? Thanks for your inputs.

Old 10-04-2002, 01:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: What kind of Clear Side marker BULBS to get?

Originally posted by PoweredbyNissan
Hi guys, I just bought some clear bumper lenses for 2k2 maxima. And I am shopping for super white bulbs. I need some advice from all of you. first of all, anyone care about the legal aspect of superwhite bulbs in the sidemarkers? Secondly, do you guys have polarg M-4 superwhite installed or do you use PIAA? I checked, there is like 5 different superwhite made by PIAA. They got Plasma Blue, super white, platium white, super plasma, and extreme white. I swear, these different colors are driving me nuts, makes me waht to just buy all of them and try them out see what color they really are! Anyone has done that by the way? but anyways, anyone know if there really is a difference in the color between all these applications? Thanks for your inputs.
Plasma blues are REALLY blue. I got pulled over with those bulbs in. I can take a couple pics with them in if you want. I have a few pics of my super plasma bulbs on my homepage. They are really white. I like em. no tint of blue though.
Old 10-04-2002, 05:27 AM

Re: What kind of Clear Side marker BULBS to get?

Originally posted by PoweredbyNissan
I've been using the New Piaa Led's.. There nice and bright. But I got the White/Blue.. There's a lil too blue. I've been driving for about 2 weeks with it. Hopefully I don't get pulled over But definitely check on the White Leds from Piaa..
Old 10-04-2002, 05:33 AM

Re: Re: What kind of Clear Side marker BULBS to get?

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K
I've been using the New Piaa Led's...
Where'd you get the LED's from GuRu? I'd like to get a set and see how they look. If there's a website that you got them from, please do share

I've been using PIAA Xtreme White 168's in my sidemarkers since I got my car in February, and they still look as good as when i got them. I only had to replace the front driver's side b/c the sidemarker filled up with water and it washed-off the blue tint on the bulb (but I fixed that problem with the sidemarker). They have a bluish/white tint to them, but I don't think they look ricey at night. The PIAA Super Plasma's are the bluest colored sidemarker bulbs out that PIAA makes I believe. I've heard that the Polarg's are nice too at night, but i've never seen them. Enjoy!
Old 10-04-2002, 06:10 AM

I use Polarg or Cuzo in my lighting
Old 10-04-2002, 06:59 AM

I have the PIAA Plama Blues. Love them! I carry some cheap reds and oranges (no, not the fruit) in the glove box just in case Johnny Law has issues with the color.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:44 AM

Re: Re: Re: What kind of Clear Side marker BULBS to get?

Originally posted by krazyd

The PIAA Super Plasma's are the bluest colored sidemarker bulbs out that PIAA makes I believe.
Plasma blues... Super plasma are totally white. Thats what I run.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:53 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

No bulbs at all. The sidemarker bulbs just don't match. It looks much better without them at all.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:18 PM

When I get my clear corners (within 2 weeks) I am going to use amber led's or amber bulbs in the front and in the back I am going to use Red LEDs (since i heard the red bulbs appear pinkish) or I am just not going to use any bulbs there.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:24 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

No bulbs at all. The sidemarker bulbs just don't match. It looks much better without them at all.
i decided to take mine out as well. the rears were just too close to pink for me and the orange had started to fade. i agree that it looks better with no light.
Old 10-07-2002, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
When I get my clear corners (within 2 weeks) I am going to use amber led's or amber bulbs in the front and in the back I am going to use Red LEDs (since i heard the red bulbs appear pinkish) or I am just not going to use any bulbs there.
Ive had problems with the LEDs in my sidemarkers before. Let me know how yours turn out.
Old 10-07-2002, 09:29 PM

What size are the bulbs for the side markers?

Thanks,
Scott
Old 10-07-2002, 09:44 PM
Old Timer

Actually in Texas, regardless of the color bulbs, the clear corners are illegal. Its due to the fact that the "CORNER MARKER REFLECTORS" ie your clear lenses, have to "REFLECT" not just illuminate, Red in the rear and Amber in the front.

Regardless, I've got the clear lenses on my 2K1. Here's something to look at...... Keep in mind, this is TX only now!

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=152062
Old 10-08-2002, 06:56 AM

they're wedge bulbs.. i would go for piaa platnum... they're white with a little hint of blue, i've had them on my car for about a year and a half with no problem (knock on wood)
Old 10-10-2002, 04:06 PM

i got mine from custommaxima.com and the front came with amber bulbs which look decent. i bought a pair of bulbs for the rear from pep boys and even though it is amber it looks much lighter/crappier than the front. anyone know where i can get some good amber bulbs for the rear? something that looks like dark amber and that won't have the color fade after 2 weeks? thanks
Old 10-10-2002, 05:38 PM
I miss the .org!

I got some 168/194 4 bulb LEDs in my clear bumper lights. They look great at night. I got Amber in the front, and red in the back. At night you can't even tell I have clears. At dusk, as with any clear corners, they looks pale...
Old 10-10-2002, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by MacGyver
i got mine from custommaxima.com and the front came with amber bulbs which look decent. i bought a pair of bulbs for the rear from pep boys and even though it is amber it looks much lighter/crappier than the front. anyone know where i can get some good amber bulbs for the rear? something that looks like dark amber and that won't have the color fade after 2 weeks? thanks
why amber for the rear? Don't you want red? Or even white? it won't match the tail-lights if you use amber...just my opinion though.

Jeff2k1GLE: I LOVE YOUR CAR! IT LOOKS SOOOO CLEAN! I wish we had bought a white one but I am really happy with my Sterling Mist.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:41 AM
Zog

Dumb question

I haven't gotten my clears yet, but i wanted to make sure the led's just plug in. They don't need to be mucked with do they ? ? Thanks.

Jeff
Old 10-11-2002, 09:37 AM

just wondering..

is there such a thing as white LEDs in that bulb size? I've never seen them or heard of them but does anyone know if they are actually made for car applications?
Old 10-11-2002, 11:14 AM

Originally posted by Triple8Sol
I got some 168/194 4 bulb LEDs in my clear bumper lights. They look great at night. I got Amber in the front, and red in the back. At night you can't even tell I have clears. At dusk, as with any clear corners, they looks pale...
where did you get the bulbs from? red looks good in the rears? hmm i guess i'll try it
Old 10-12-2002, 04:19 PM

Originally posted by Jeff2k1GLE
they're wedge bulbs.. i would go for piaa platnum... they're white with a little hint of blue, i've had them on my car for about a year and a half with no problem (knock on wood)
MMMMM Naganos....
Old 10-12-2002, 08:48 PM
I miss the .org!

Originally posted by MacGyver

where did you get the bulbs from? red looks good in the rears? hmm i guess i'll try it
I got mine off EBay from a pretty cool seller. I can refer you to him if you want, just PM me and I'll dig it up.
Old 10-12-2002, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by Triple8Sol
Are they of single LED or double or quad design?
Old 10-12-2002, 11:52 PM

Originally posted by BJGemini

MMMMM Naganos....
Old 10-13-2002, 05:25 AM

Get PIAA Xtreme Whites. They look great at night. Slight blueish tint but mostly a bright white looking color. Got to my homepage for a complete write-up with lots of pics.
Old 10-13-2002, 08:25 AM

Originally posted by Jeff2k1GLE
What's up Jeff, haven't seen you around Hofstra lately. The three of us should meet-up again soon. L8r.