5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Really Weird...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2000, 12:35 AM

well i was just coming home from my cuz's house and i was driving down AVE U in Brooklyn near kingsplaza if anyone knows where that is... and im driving along... going pretty quick... maybe 50ish on a 30mph road... and a car flashes me with his high beams from oncoming traffic... so i thought he was telling me about my lights so i check them but nope there on... then i thought maybe hes trying to warn me about a cop or something up ahead so i slow down.. i see in my rear view he makes a U-Turn and turns on a red siren light inside his car and gets behind me so make sure my seatbelt is on and i pull over to the side shut the music off and open the window... the guy pulls up to my car so we are side by side... he looks at me and then keeps driving... WTF is that!?!?!?!? then at the end of the block the far left lane is for left turn only and the center lane is to go straight so its a red and we standing there... im in the center and he's in the far left.. all of a sudden he just turns on his siren and makes a right turn on a red from the far left lane and he just jets.. so i guess he is a cop or something but i mean WTF happened that he just looked at me and bounced? i dunno never heard of such a thing..
Old 12-24-2000, 03:00 AM
Got Bent?

Sounds kind of shady to me...What kind of car was it? Maybe it was a guy pretending to be a cop?
Old 12-24-2000, 05:19 AM

First of all, maybe he was going to pull you over for something minor, but heard something else on the radio.. (ie.. homicide, bank robbery, sale @ dunkin doughnuts, etc.)

Otherwise, I know of some people that just have the lights on their car... I hear you can buy them legally all over the place..

I have a friend whose a volunteer EMT, and he has had lights installed on his car for quite some time... They just don't "LET" him pull over people, or run red lights.. Maybe that guy was just having a bad day..
FYI: downside according to him, is that when your on a highway, people in front of you tend to slow down... (cuz they think your a cop), and that drives my friend absolutely nuts

-Tom

PS... Impersonating a cop, or even worse, a Federal officer, is sorta a big crime!!! If the guy is a fake, one day he's gonna try and pull over a real cop....

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
Sounds kind of shady to me...What kind of car was it? Maybe it was a guy pretending to be a cop?
Old 12-24-2000, 06:00 AM

I had pretty much the same experience with a marked Suffolk County (NY) car. I was sitting in the right lane at a light, he was in the left turn lane. When the light turned green I went, he lit up - siren too, so I pulled over. He pulled up, looked, went to the next light and did a siren on u turn. HUH? The only thing I can think of is that my new car inspection sticker must have looked funny to him. Either that of someone used a gold 2k max in a major crime somewhere.

Dave
Old 12-24-2000, 10:21 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

it coulda been someone just messin with u. i know someone that has strobes on his car and likes to fake people out all the time..
Old 12-24-2000, 10:40 PM

be careful

I dunno about where you are, but in L.A., unmarked cars are not supposed to stop motorists except under extreme circumstances. Like someone else said, it's easy to get those strobes and then rob or carjack someone. Also (again for L.A.) the rack on top the officer's car will have at least a single, steady red light shining forward toward the rear of your car after they stop.

I believe the official line when you're being pulled over is to turn on your hazards to acknowledge that you see them and you're not running and drive to the nearest public, well-lit area.

You can't be too careful... there's a lot of shady, f*ed up ppl out there.

Originally posted by psing23
well i was just coming home from my cuz's house and i was driving down AVE U in Brooklyn near kingsplaza if anyone knows where that is... and im driving along... going pretty quick... maybe 50ish on a 30mph road... and a car flashes me with his high beams from oncoming traffic... so i thought he was telling me about my lights so i check them but nope there on... then i thought maybe hes trying to warn me about a cop or something up ahead so i slow down.. i see in my rear view he makes a U-Turn and turns on a red siren light inside his car and gets behind me so make sure my seatbelt is on and i pull over to the side shut the music off and open the window... the guy pulls up to my car so we are side by side... he looks at me and then keeps driving... WTF is that!?!?!?!? then at the end of the block the far left lane is for left turn only and the center lane is to go straight so its a red and we standing there... im in the center and he's in the far left.. all of a sudden he just turns on his siren and makes a right turn on a red from the far left lane and he just jets.. so i guess he is a cop or something but i mean WTF happened that he just looked at me and bounced? i dunno never heard of such a thing..
Old 12-26-2000, 10:45 AM

ye i know what ur saying... well whatever it was it was weird.. but whatever... atleast it wasnt really a cop or if it was atleast i didnt get any tickets or anything.. maybe he was just checkin if i had a seatbelt on or something...