5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Recall experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 10:14 PM

Recall experience

A week ago I dropped my 02 Auto at Nissan Darcars to get transverse link recall+oil change+tire rotation done. A day prior, I called and they insured me that everything was going to be fine. So,3 hours after I had dropped the car they called me and told that the part was on the national backorder for a while. (My guess was because the west cost port workers had been on strike for a week. I read that a Toyota plant was closed since it was depedent on shipping of 5% parts from Japan. Maxima is made in Japan, so it had to affect Nissan more than it did Toyota.) I decided, well, no big deal. I will do it later.

When I picked up my Maxima in the evening I got a bill for $62. I gave them their coupon for the oil change, basically, $16 off. In respond they started sending me from one person to another. Finally, their manager came. He spent at least 10 minutes counting something. Then I got a bill for $56. $62-$16=$56 ??? I asked the cashier how come? She said that it was not her calculations. Whatever. I decided not make a fight over it. Ten bucks don't make any difference for me.
However, it left an unpleasant feeling.

Anyway, I asked whether they put me in the waiting list, so, when the part will be there I will be notified. The answer was: "No. Just call us."

Two days later I've got a call from the dealership regarding the "customer satisfaction". At first, I answered a question or two and then complained that they could have told me in advance that the part was on the backorder. That is when the weirdest turn happened. The lady on the phone claimed that their receptionist on the phone in the service department has no information about availability of the recall parts. However, the people that do have this information are not supposed to talk to customers. Then she told me that the fact of me wasting my time was my own fault! How??

Dealer: "Just call us, call us..." What for?

Nissan service sucks! Especially, those follow up phone calls!
Can we go to Infinity for services?
Old 10-27-2002, 10:46 PM

i had a similiar problem. They didnt do any recalls then fixed my warped brakes after 8000 miles. The parts wer supposedly on backorder. Bill came out to 100. Then after I screamed f*** you to them, they told me to come tomorrow and get the recall done in half an hour.
Old 10-27-2002, 11:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Recall experience

Originally posted by MaxSand02
Dealer: "Just call us, call us..." What for?

that's the line i was get from my dealer. WE DON'T KNOW WHEN IT'LL COME IN, JSUT CALL US
Old 10-28-2002, 07:57 AM

Funny... my dealer's experience was a little different. On a Friday, I took my car to dealer #1 to have the transverse link recall performed. They did it.

Friday night, my MAF fails (I blame the dealer, as the CAI was on there for about 3-4 weeks before). I verified this by testing the MAF sensor.

Monday morning, I take my car back to dealer #1 to have the MAF fixed (stock air box back in car). Dealer denies to fix MAF because the tech saw that I had a CAI. Ok, fine.

So I took the car on Tuesday to dealer #2 for MAF failure. Dealer #2 replaced the MAF under warranty, AND performed the transverse link recall for me (AGAIN)!!!!

So much for Nissan's communication levels.