5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Need Anser ASAP....The the wiper fluid WARNING LIGHT Standard on the SE???

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 01:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Need Anser ASAP....The the wiper fluid WARNING LIGHT Standard on the SE???

I bought the car last year May '01 & I had it on car until 6 months ago it wouldn't shut off? I took it into Nissan & warning light was off & they claimed they fixed it. One month later light didn't turn on when I was low on fluid & just took it in today to fix & they called me saying 'my car isn't equipped w/ sensor for that' I told him it better b/c i had it when i bought it & they better look at their work order 6 months ago when they fixed it b/c it wouldn't shut off.

He said that per his technican it only came on the 'cold winter package maxima's not all SE have them' IS THIS TRUE? If not, please tell me? I tried looking at edmunds.com & kbb.com but they dont give specs on standard stuff on '01 maxima's!!! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!

P.S. I also took my car in there for brake pulsation w/ $26k miles & they said they resurfaced the rotors & put new brake pads on there. What should I look for to make sure they changed this stuff? Thanks
Old 11-20-2002, 01:12 PM
jjs

Re: Need Anser ASAP....The the wiper fluid WARNING LIGHT Standard on the SE???

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6
I bought the car last year May '01 & I had it on car until 6 months ago it wouldn't shut off? I took it into Nissan & warning light was off & they claimed they fixed it. One month later light didn't turn on when I was low on fluid & just took it in today to fix & they called me saying 'my car isn't equipped w/ sensor for that' I told him it better b/c i had it when i bought it & they better look at their work order 6 months ago when they fixed it b/c it wouldn't shut off.

He said that per his technican it only came on the 'cold winter package maxima's not all SE have them' IS THIS TRUE? If not, please tell me? I tried looking at edmunds.com & kbb.com but they dont give specs on standard stuff on '01 maxima's!!! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!

P.S. I also took my car in there for brake pulsation w/ $26k miles & they said they resurfaced the rotors & put new brake pads on there. What should I look for to make sure they changed this stuff? Thanks
I may be wrong, but I seem to recall it being part of the Meridian Package (maybe I am thinking about 2k1's).
Old 11-20-2002, 01:23 PM
jjs

On page 2-7 of the owners manual it indicates that this warning light 'if so equipped'...

which tells me it IS part of a package of some kind...

www.nissan-techinfo.com
Old 11-20-2002, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by jjs
On page 2-7 of the owners manual it indicates that this warning light 'if so equipped'...

which tells me it IS part of a package of some kind...

www.nissan-techinfo.com
thanks....i'm currently on hold w/ nissan consumer affairs hotline I'll let you know what they say....
Old 11-20-2002, 01:34 PM
Got Bent?

Re: Re: Need Anser ASAP....The the wiper fluid WARNING LIGHT Standard on the SE???

Originally posted by jjs

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall it being part of the Meridian Package
correct
Old 11-20-2002, 01:41 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

right, any trim level with meridian.. my GLE has it
Old 11-20-2002, 01:44 PM

thanks....i'm currently on hold w/ nissan consumer affairs hotline I'll let you know what they say....
now i'm pi$$ed....they claim that it only comes standard on the GLE model....& I asked him to check his work order last time I took car in b/c it shows they fixed car b/c warning light won't shut off...he claims no notes of that now i have to look for my receipts at home & i hope i have them.....Nissan-Service-Really sucks-- I love the Max but I dont think I'll ever get another Nissan or recommend them to anybody b/c of their service dept....seriously one day they say one thing & the othere day they say another??? WTF
Old 11-20-2002, 01:47 PM

WOW....i just typed my vin# @ http://app.consumerguide.com//autoch...start&AID=1102

it states my car is a 2001 Nissan Maxima GLE....but i bought the car new from the dealership as a SE....too weird...maybe thats why I had the warning light on before? So how can I make sure my car is a SE & not a GLE?

p.s. -- someone else who has a SE please check above site & input your vin# & let me know if it tell if you have a SE or GLE??? Thanks
Old 11-20-2002, 01:48 PM

god I hate them too...

from the SE option list

adding Meridian gives:
Front-seat supplemental side-impact air bags
Heated outside mirrors
Low-washer-fluid warning light
Heated front seats
Trunk lid trim
(Requires SE Comfort and Convenience Pkg)

I've called NNA on making crap up on the phone. I'm like 'go get the brochure... I'll wait'
Old 11-20-2002, 01:48 PM
jjs

WOW....i just typed my vin# @ http://app.consumerguide.com//autoch...start&AID=1102

it states my car is a 2001 Nissan Maxima GLE....but i bought the car new from the dealership as a SE....too weird...maybe thats why I had the warning light on before? So how can I make sure my car is a SE & not a GLE?
Among other things...what kind of outside door handles do you have? Chrome or body colored?
Old 11-20-2002, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by jjs

Among other things...what kind of outside door handles do you have? Chrome or body colored?
body color door handles, black interior door handles, se white gauges, spoiler....my cars gotta be a SE...maybe the above site was wrong....
Old 11-20-2002, 01:52 PM

Yup, The Nissan parts catalog confirms this- Only on cars with the "cold package"
Old 11-20-2002, 01:53 PM
jjs

body color door handles, black interior door handles, se white gauges, spoiler....my cars gotta be a SE...maybe the above site was wrong....
you are fine...I just tried my VIN and it came up GLE as well. Thing is, they never made a GLE AE.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by TimW
god I hate them too...

from the SE option list

adding Meridian gives:
Front-seat supplemental side-impact air bags
Heated outside mirrors
Low-washer-fluid warning light
Heated front seats
Trunk lid trim
(Requires SE Comfort and Convenience Pkg)

I've called NNA on making crap up on the phone. I'm like 'go get the brochure... I'll wait'
sorry you lost me....maybe its over my head...but what are they making up tim? Whats a 'Trunk lid trim'?
Old 11-20-2002, 01:55 PM

I have a 2k1 SE and the Consumer Guide says it's a GLE. I personally think any Max VIN you input will come up as a GLE... as for the light, I don't have the Meridian package and I don't have the warning light.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:55 PM
jjs

sorry you lost me....maybe its over my head...but what are they making up tim? Whats a 'Trunk lid trim'?
It is the felt like liner on the inside of the trunk lid.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:56 PM

Originally posted by DAVEB
Yup, The Nissan parts catalog confirms this- Only on cars with the "cold package"
thanks....i've been underneath my car & seen a wire down by the windshield fluid resvoir on the bottom there disconnected....you think if i connect it will work? i thought it but worth a try...also nissan rep said that a sensor goes there to make it work...how much does the sensor cost if you can check on any GLE model? thanks Dave
Old 11-20-2002, 01:57 PM

Originally posted by CCS2k1Max
I have a 2k1 SE and the Consumer Guide says it's a GLE. I personally think any Max VIN you input will come up as a GLE... as for the light, I don't have the Meridian package and I don't have the warning light.
thanks for checking that...
Old 11-20-2002, 01:59 PM

Originally posted by jjs

It is the felt like liner on the inside of the trunk lid.
you mean that gray carpet thats on the inside of the trunk?
Old 11-20-2002, 02:00 PM
jjs

you mean that gray carpet thats on the inside of the trunk?
yeah, but just the underside of the trunk lid...I guess other cars (2000-2001) came with just the metal exposed or something.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by jjs

yeah, but just the underside of the trunk lid...I guess other cars (2000-2001) came with just the metal exposed or something.
oh ok....yep mines exposed
Old 11-20-2002, 02:39 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

yup, my 2k SE comes up as a GLE, too. goofy.

the trunk lid trim is a piece of carpet/plastic that covers the inside of the trunk lid, like what's on the inside of the rest of the trunk. covers up the bare metal. wish i had one...
Old 11-20-2002, 02:39 PM

oh ok....yep mines exposed
then you dont have meridian. and no sensor
Old 11-20-2002, 03:18 PM

Originally posted by TimW

then you dont have meridian. and no sensor

damnit i want a sensor i'm going to check w/ daveb to see if this is plug & play to try & hook this up...b/c i know for sure i have the warning light so then its like a computer...you have to add a program to it to tell it what to read or do
Old 11-20-2002, 03:23 PM

well, you obviously have the light because it was on.. which means that the wire came loose and shorted somewhere (maybe water). it maybe that easy
Old 11-20-2002, 03:30 PM

damnit i want a sensor i'm going to check w/ daveb to see if this is plug & play to try & hook this up...b/c i know for sure i have the warning light so then its like a computer...you have to add a program to it to tell it what to read or do
The sensor is about 15 bucks. Looks like the non-cold washer bottle has a place to drill out already cast into it. I'm thinking of trying this myself if the car is pre-wired, which I think they all are.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:30 PM

p.s. -- someone else who has a SE please check above site & input your vin# & let me know if it tell if you have a SE or GLE??? Thanks
I have a 2k SE and it states that I have a GLE too
Old 11-20-2002, 07:23 PM

Originally posted by DAVEB

The sensor is about 15 bucks. Looks like the non-cold washer bottle has a place to drill out already cast into it. I'm thinking of trying this myself if the car is pre-wired, which I think they all are.
ok i'm going to check it out next weekend again if it looks like it can me done...then i'll give you a call to buy the sensor
thanks for looking up the price