5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Stolen HIDs on eBay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003 | 10:11 PM

Originally posted by Auto Lighting
Look at the time you all put in on this ****. Bunch of sally's..

Come on guys lets report him to ebay, come on guys let's make our own vin numbers, come on guys lets create a web site so we can house our vin numbers on line.

How about you get out of your chairs in front of those PC's and go drive your friggen cars. Wait, that wouldn't make too much sense cause we might go over our lease miles, since we couldn't afford to actually purchase the car.

Anyway keep going over the same thing, over and over. It's fun to see the same thing reworded different ways 36 times..

A few things to keep in mind since your all so investigative.

Can't catch a guy by buying his equipment and then trying to turn him in. You have no probable cause, you didn't witness a theft, and now your the proud owner of ****..Cause that's what he was selling. So you get this equipment, what were you going to do? Turn it over to the police? For what? If there was anything trace-able on them then all of the thievery would have been stopped long ago.

Someone posted he was going to give them to a police friend. What in the hell was he going to track on. We have already all determined that there isn't anything.

So you get the kids name and address. Big deal, you still can't prove that they are stolen. Someone wanted to have a meet then stop over at the dudes house and give him a beat down. Gotta have all your boys there from the meet? Can't go by yourself? You show up there and he'll make an *** of you anyway just by making a call to the authorities. Remember, your on his property threatening him. Not the other way around, your in the wrong no matter what he stole. You'd have to put more miles on your lease vehicle so you might want to re-evaluate the drive over.

Good luck in the future playing keystone cops, cause your all terrible at it.
I can't wait to see what kind of fireworks this post will set off.

I don't see you offering any good suggestions to nissan's mess up. So either you don't have HIDs to care about, or you don't care about Maximas and don't belong in this community. Instead you are wasting your own time in telling us what we're doing "wrong". How about you get out of your chair in front of your PC and go drive your friggen car. That is the advice you gave us, right?

And I own my car, so I don't have any mileage to worry about. I also drive my car, afterall, that's what it's for, isn't it?

I also do believe that the post said he would give the lights to his friend who worked for Nissan Canada, not a friend who is a police officer. But I guess we're too observant to notice that part. *shrug*

Good luck in the future playing Mr. Analyzer know-it-all, cause you're terrible at it.

Well, anyways...enjoy yourself.

*sigh*
Old 01-05-2003 | 10:24 PM

Ouch that Had to Hurt....... Someone feels dumb
Old 01-05-2003 | 11:04 PM
pjalst

It's getting hot in here
Old 01-05-2003 | 11:42 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I dont see why you are all mad at 00MAXIST. He said he didnt know you were setting this guy up and just wanted to scare him. I dont think he was trying to aid them in anyway.. You have no way of knowing how this will play. They may get spooked, you never know.

You've tried to set them up before and it has fallen through anyway. And I suspect they will be back. Sure, I'd love to see them beaten, but dont take it out on Maxist.
Old 01-06-2003 | 12:06 AM

Chill the F*** out.. why are you guys tripping on Maxist? I dont need to say anymore, TimW already explained to you super mature people tripping over the internet. Rejects...
Old 01-06-2003 | 06:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Come on guys lets report him to ebay, come on guys let's make our own vin numbers, come on guys lets create a web site so we can house our vin numbers on line.

How about you get out of your chairs in front of those PC's and go drive your friggen cars. Wait, that wouldn't make too much sense cause we might go over our lease miles, since we couldn't afford to actually purchase the car.

Anyway keep going over the same thing, over and over. It's fun to see the same thing reworded different ways 36 times..

Can't catch a guy by buying his equipment and then trying to turn him in. You have no probable cause, you didn't witness a theft, and now your the proud owner of ****..Cause that's what he was selling. So you get this equipment, what were you going to do? Turn it over to the police? For what? If there was anything trace-able on them then all of the thievery would have been stopped long ago.

Someone posted he was going to give them to a police friend. What in the hell was he going to track on. We have already all determined that there isn't anything.

So you get the kids name and address. Big deal, you still can't prove that they are stolen. Someone wanted to have a meet then stop over at the dudes house and give him a beat down. Gotta have all your boys there from the meet? Can't go by yourself? You show up there and he'll make an *** of you anyway just by making a call to the authorities. Remember, your on his property threatening him. Not the other way around, your in the wrong no matter what he stole. You'd have to put more miles on your lease vehicle so you might want to re-evaluate the drive over.

Auto Lighting, aren't you the guy who had an awesome deal on HID's. When some people thought it was too good and asked some very basic questions you could only provide vague answers, which you did in a defensively "sally" manner. And then your thread got locked because even the moderators thought something seemed funny.

Unfortunately you do make a somewhat valid point. If something seems suspicious report it to ebay and report it to the police. When you contact the police ask for the auto crimes unit and speak to a detective. Even though you probably won't get an enthusiastic response, it is worth doing. Their isn't much the police can do about preventing HID thefts on a daily basis. Making a dent in this crime pattern takes time (I'm talking about a year or more sometimes) because a conspiracy case has to be built to catch other than street level thiefs. A while ago I posted contact names and number for Staten Island Auto Crimes detectives. If you are not sure who to call they might be a good starting point. Also the FBI has an auto crimes unit. They might be more appropriate to contact for an ebay/internet situation.
Old 01-06-2003 | 07:13 AM

You can catch this guy, you can put him in jail, you can track him down and beat his ***, you can do whatever you want. The problem is there are a million little punks to replace him as soon as he's gone. There is no criminal ring of HID thieves to crack down on, it's every little ghetto punk who wants to make a quick buck.

I wish I could say this HID theft thing was a dead horse, but unfortunately it's very much alive. I do believe we have gone over it a hundred times, and the only good thing ever said was "Get an alarm."
Old 01-06-2003 | 07:19 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

I think the plan of actually buying the headlights and inspecting them was bound to fail. The vigilante law enforcement thing is a joke. But getting the guy's address under the premise of mailing him a money order would have been nice to have. Police would do nothing obviously because there is no proof that they are stolen, but it still would have been nice to have.

I guess Maxist did prevent a pair of headlights from being sold, so kudos for that. It just wasn't the best approach that he could have taken.
Old 01-06-2003 | 07:33 AM

I fully expected to get flamed for this.

My point is this, fighting the criminals will get you no where period. Everyone is in their uproar looking to catch that one guy so they can take everyone's frustration out on him. These things are so easy to get lifted they call criminals names.

Someone should put the focus back on Nissan, Hammer them with petition after petition, slander them in public. Write the business bureau, Embarass the dealership owners by going into the customer service department full of customers and going off. These things will get results from the manufacturer side. These rinky dink security additions are not cutting it. All are easily bypassed. Why are the Horn connections so close to the grill? Thats an easy fix to make things much tougher, who wants to work under the hood with the horn blowing in their ear. The whole factory layout on this car is crap and makes it one of the easiest if not the easiest targets ever. All of it is to blame on Nissan..Criminals are criminals they will always be there, the manufacturer needs to stop them not us.

Clearly the police can do nothing, otherwise this would have slowed long ago. Making the vehicle "security solid" will make this topic more scarce. Of course it will never go away. Instead of leaving the car on our driveway with no headlights, they'll just take the whole car somewhere that they can take their time dismantling..

Anyway flame away if you like, but I make valid points, no denying that...
Old 01-06-2003 | 07:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Stolen HIDs on eBay? NOT ANYMORE!

Originally posted by Scrimbo
I saw these today, and judging from the pics, they look like the top tabs are busted clean off. Is it too much to think these may have been stolen?

Possibly stolen HIDs listed on eBay
Too funny. I followed the link, and he has closed the auction early because "the item has been lost or broken." Somebody must have spooked him good!
Old 01-06-2003 | 08:04 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

I fully expected to get flamed for this.

My point is this, fighting the criminals will get you no where period. Everyone is in their uproar looking to catch that one guy so they can take everyone's frustration out on him. These things are so easy to get lifted they call criminals names.

Someone should put the focus back on Nissan, Hammer them with petition after petition, slander them in public. Write the business bureau, Embarass the dealership owners by going into the customer service department full of customers and going off. These things will get results from the manufacturer side. These rinky dink security additions are not cutting it. All are easily bypassed. Why are the Horn connections so close to the grill? Thats an easy fix to make things much tougher, who wants to work under the hood with the horn blowing in their ear. The whole factory layout on this car is crap and makes it one of the easiest if not the easiest targets ever. All of it is to blame on Nissan..Criminals are criminals they will always be there, the manufacturer needs to stop them not us.

Clearly the police can do nothing, otherwise this would have slowed long ago. Making the vehicle "security solid" will make this topic more scarce. Of course it will never go away. Instead of leaving the car on our driveway with no headlights, they'll just take the whole car somewhere that they can take their time dismantling..

Anyway flame away if you like, but I make valid points, no denying that...
Agreed......
Old 01-06-2003 | 09:07 AM

Clearly the police can do nothing, otherwise this would have slowed long ago.
that's a cop out, pun intended. This is $3000-4000 theft/damage. Pressure needs to be put on at the local level to have these thefts pursued. This is obviously organized. 30 lights swiped at a dealer lot? Having your car for 3 days and being hit? Nah, there's more to this than just some punks. At the very least, it's a group of professionals. They know how to get in the car and waste no time with anything else. They also seem to have a steady demand (ie place to sell these).

Saying 'such is life' is why NJ ins rates are what they are.
Old 01-06-2003 | 09:08 AM

I also think we should all scratch our VINs into the housing just to be sure our lights are being reinstalled.
Old 01-06-2003 | 01:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

TimW and AutoLighting thanks for backing me up here. The lynch mob was out to get me for a while. I was only trying to stop a sale of the HID's.
Old 01-06-2003 | 06:38 PM

While Autolighting is right that the pressure should be put on Nissan for the poor design, we have to remember that this is the last year for the fifth gen...come spring when the 04 comes out Nissan will have no reason to care (not that they do now, but they'll have even less) and all of the owners with HIDs will be left in the lurch.
Old 01-06-2003 | 07:21 PM

Wait a minutes....

Holly crap, I just came back late from work today, didn't had a chance to log on since yesterday, what a surprise to read all those comments on the thread lol... When I placed the bid, I didn't mean to start national $hit about stolen HID, just wanted to see if we really can do something about a guys who sell it on ebay, picture this, I'm about to invest 2300$ CDN in HID, I dont want to see some morons fockin my car to get the HID and then sell it on ebay for 200-300$, if people would just stop buying stolen goods, end of story.

Apparently I'm in the law enforcment, I guess it's time to change my name what about inspector spector .

Cheers

AA
Old 01-06-2003 | 07:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yessir, Officer DoubleA.
Old 01-06-2003 | 07:40 PM

Originally posted by 00MAXIST
Yessir, Officer DoubleA.
Hey 00MAXIST, officer is this an earing, yes it is, officier your cigarette smell bizarre, it's not a cigarette... lol

AA
Old 01-06-2003 | 11:50 PM

F*** this user "Auto Lighting" with his dumb comments on the situation on this thread. I am guessing you are pretty upset since your suspicious GD on HID fell through. You must be pretty saddened to see how we talk about suspicious transactions on the org. Yes, some of the posts are repetitive and most of us cant do anything yet about stolen HID but we reserve the right to voice our opinion and anger. Instead of talking shizzy why didnt you offer some suggestions since this is appparently and major and passionate issue for maxima owners. Dude, take your s*** elsewhere and save your legalese for judge judy. Its not needed here and yes, we will do anything legally within our means to discourage suspicious sale of HID's on Ebay. So your suspicious GD offer failed coz we coudlnt verify anything you said I guess you want to talk shizzy now.. F*** you, Punk!
Here is a thread reference and read it again, bastard! Suspicious GD ..Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2003 | 06:45 AM
pjalst

Originally posted by doublea

Hey 00MAXIST, officer is this an earing, yes it is, officier your cigarette smell bizarre, it's not a cigarette... lol

AA
you a correction officer?
Old 01-08-2003 | 12:29 AM

Originally posted by NyMaxedOut

F*** this user "Auto Lighting" with his dumb comments on the situation on this thread. I am guessing you are pretty upset since your suspicious GD on HID fell through. You must be pretty saddened to see how we talk about suspicious transactions on the org. Yes, some of the posts are repetitive and most of us cant do anything yet about stolen HID but we reserve the right to voice our opinion and anger. Instead of talking shizzy why didnt you offer some suggestions since this is appparently and major and passionate issue for maxima owners. Dude, take your s*** elsewhere and save your legalese for judge judy. Its not needed here and yes, we will do anything legally within our means to discourage suspicious sale of HID's on Ebay. So your suspicious GD offer failed coz we coudlnt verify anything you said I guess you want to talk shizzy now.. F*** you, Punk!
Here is a thread reference and read it again, bastard! Suspicious GD ..Closed Thread
Oh, I'm sorry NY Maxed nothing, sorry I hurt your b i t c h y little A s s.

Maybe you didn't wan't to take the time to read my offered suggestions, cause you were in too big of a hurry to flame away. That's cool though, it's f u c k s like you that make this so much fun. Who's talking "shizzy" now, take your ebonics over to rap school 101 and kiss off.

The least of my worries was getting everyone one here a good deal for hids since you felt like digging up old s h i t. Matter of fact getting flamed and shutting down the thread did me nothing but good cause it drew attention you friggen butt knot. I think getting my set was what was important not every one else's, matter of fact they came yesterday P I S S ant. Oh did I forget to mention I paid 453.00 shipped and hooked up 11 others 7 of whom are users here at the org. To top it off I didn't get a cut of anything, the savings went straight to the buyers.

So go play on ebay like a foot cop and see where it gets you. By the way I like Judge Judy, she's cool unlike yourself. I thoroughly enjoy trading messages with you here. Gives me something to look forward to each day. Can't wait to here back, I'll check back in the morning later NYcanIgetsomelovinthroughmybackdoor... that's your new name dude enjoy..F u c k i n Flamer
Old 01-08-2003 | 06:14 AM

I never see so much frustrations in a while here, I have been in business for almost 20 years, if I would have talk the way some of you are, my business would have been closed long time ago, does the word respect mean something for you guys, how about treating people respectfully. We can go thrue our arguments without playing some child game of disrespecting each other, can we please see more creative or funny discussion on the board, what about helping each other instead of playing the ego trip, remember what come around goes around, anyway peace to all.

Have a nice day gentleman.

AA
Old 01-08-2003 | 08:28 AM

Well put DoubleA. Though I wouldnt mind trading back and forth with user "auto lighting" but it serves me no purpose. I've already said what I wanted to say and end of story. He tried to come back hard as I expected he should of but was soft like ice cream. In any event, I am not entertaining the thoughts anymore. However, I will continue to remain vigilant against users who think they are hot stuff (I aint sayin no names -Ebonics 101- MLK Jr College... )
Old 01-08-2003 | 06:08 PM

Originally posted by 00MAXIST
DoubleEA is the guys id on ebay as well. I didn't mean any harm. I saw it as one guy is now going to be freaked out by thinking that law enforcement is on to him. He is now going to think twice about stealing hid's. He is also going to have to find a new market to sell his stolen goods. I had no idea that there was a way to track the buyer. I was only trying to stop another sale of stolen HID's. If the thief hadn't bought into thinking that law enforcement was on to him, he wouldn't have cancelled the auction.

You all need to calm down, we are all working towards the same goal it's just that some of us have a different method of achieving results.

P.S. DoubleEA sorry to ruin your plan.

yo, you ididot!
whats the use with just a scare?!?!?!?
we were trying to lure this focker out and u scared him away......
now he will probably stay low and get away with HID thefts.....
Old 01-08-2003 | 06:11 PM

Originally posted by tary44

yo, you ididot!
whats the use with just a scare?!?!?!?
we were trying to lure this focker out and u scared him away......
now he will probably stay low and get away with HID thefts.....
A day late, and a dollar short with this post..
Old 01-08-2003 | 06:55 PM

Originally posted by NyMaxedOut
soft like ice cream
Old 01-08-2003 | 08:41 PM

Originally posted by kramerica72

Soft like a two dollar ***** in a cocksucking contest.

Didn't even address the issue as usual with NY Maxed out he did nothing.
Old 01-08-2003 | 09:45 PM

Soft like a two dollar ***** in a cocksucking contest.
Dont be so hard on yourself pal. You are what you are.
Now let me explain to you why you are an a$$hole.. first and foremost, I understand from your screen name you are new to the org and therefore not familiar with how things work. Your first few posts were to offer a GD for a very sensitive item on this forum and you couldnt offer any verification as to who you are and what other business references you had. You claimed you sold 7 HID sets to org members whose names shall remain secret and dear to your heart. You had a thread going and made a lot of claims that you couldnt substantiate and they were in direct contrast to the norm of org users. In case you dont know you should have read past threads on previous GD and notice all the hooplas with "me too" posts when ppl on the org on in a GD. There has never been and will never be any GD going on the forum where the participants shall choose to remain anonymous. So do us a favor and checked yourself since you already wrecked yourself. The way I read your thread.. you made a lot of false claims, hence a liar. Being a liar, in my book I dont deal with you. You should be an adult, a grown man and let your word be your worth.

NEXT:
I flamed you in my previous posts becuase I was angered by some of the things you had to say and given the sensitivity of the topic. In addition, I was suspicious of your last GD offer because of the reasons mentioned above. So, it wasnt my intention to call you names and be very disrecpectful towards you, however, I was caught in the moment and hence ... blah blah blah.. NOW, here is my advice if you wish to start a verbal/flaming war I am game. I can guarantee you cannot win. I can also add it wont help either one of us but if its just for the sake of entertainment .. then it can be on. Trust me, bad man.. you dont know....
Old 01-08-2003 | 09:51 PM

Didn't even address the issue as usual with NY Maxed out he did nothing.
Oh Yeah!
I just SHIFT_my nuts in your mouth
There, I addressed the issue
Old 01-08-2003 | 10:34 PM

oh, where to start... where to start... Need I remind you guys (who are worth having around here) to just report the post. There is absolutely no need to prove anything and break the TOS yourself.

If someone a$$'s out just report it. We'll take care of it. Besides, when I have go in a prune the thread for this garbage, it totally hogs the server cpu time.
Old 01-08-2003 | 10:57 PM

Has anyone considered the dealers themselves? I've heard of whole dealerships getting every car hit, and then today someone posted that the first day he had his 2k3 the lights were stolen but the people were caught. Something fishy is going on here, these are not just everyday CD deck theives...
Old 01-09-2003 | 08:37 AM

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050
Has anyone considered the dealers themselves? I've heard of whole dealerships getting every car hit, and then today someone posted that the first day he had his 2k3 the lights were stolen but the people were caught. Something fishy is going on here, these are not just everyday CD deck theives...
5050 - Here is the deal and no one wants to agree.

A 12 year old with a computer can find out all he needs to know about getting these damn things. When I first started hanging out in these forums ( not as a user but a reader ) a year ago there were several posts in here, on the org explaining just how easy it was, or better yet, how thieves went about taking the things. There was just one a week or two ago with pictures on how the door locks were bypassed. The thing to remember with the quick money criminals is that they don't work. They stay home all day, and the smart ones research prior to doing the things they do.

I guarantee you the age range on these hid thefts probably go from youngsters in the early teens on up. The first mistake was people physically posting pictures and complaining. I remember a post a while back that mentioned the specific size bolts that hold in the hids. Now they don't even have to bring a variety of tools. They only go with the specifics. We all know 3 or 4 tools gets this job done. So now they aren't even weighted down when going to do the job. Some of these guys are still stupid and bust the tabs and pry on the hood. The more intelligent came here and elsewhere to learn exactly what was needed to get a complete housing and make mass money. I know what kind of deals can be made to get these hids a extremely low cost, but they are undercutting that by 200 dollars or more because it's easy money.. If they are taking 200 or 300 dollars for these things they are stolen, bottom line..

When this blew up users got a bit smarter and stopped with the explainations and specifics along with the pictures, with the exception of the one previously mentioned. Now it was too late, and really it doesn't matter. If they wanted to learn they could test drive the car or even inquiry about it on the lot and see exactly what is involved.

While I agree they are not every day CD deck thieves, cause hitting a dealer and getting an entire row of cars for their hids is planned and has more than one guy doing it. Those are orchestrated, but driveway hits and similar are desperate thieves going for a quick buck and probably are the younger ones who have nothing to lose..Juveniles wih no conscious can and will continue to be the bigger problem as they are the ones doing the personal hits on our own property and those are the ones that hurt the most. Nothing more painful than going to your car in the morning and feeling violated. If anything you want the dealer hits to continue so they are involved and maybe, just maybe they will finally do something about making the maxima more secure. Until then we worry and suffer..
Old 01-09-2003 | 10:04 AM

NyMaxedOut...I think you're going a bit overboard with this Auto Lighting character. While I was one of the people who was a bit suspicious of his GD on HIDs, his comments here haven't been all that out of hand. He's a bit rough with his posts, but...frankly, I tend to agree with his assessment of the situation and the uselessness of the efforts people are making to catch the HID thieves. Why are you so angry at the guy?

Auto Lighting...why are you even here? If you want to be here, then why not try to be civil? If you're just amusing yourself, then...to quote a newbie..."How about you get out of your chairs in front of those PC's and go drive your friggen cars."
Old 01-09-2003 | 10:18 AM

Originally posted by MichaelAE
to quote a newbie..."How about you get out of your chairs in front of those PC's and go drive your friggen cars."
Old 01-09-2003 | 11:44 AM

Originally posted by MichaelAE

Auto Lighting...why are you even here? If you want to be here, then why not try to be civil? If you're just amusing yourself, then...to quote a newbie..."How about you get out of your chairs in front of those PC's and go drive your friggen cars."

Well said. Autolighting could have got his point across without being so rude. So unfortunately many of use org members once again have to wade through all the shibby to stay informed.
Old 01-09-2003 | 04:24 PM

In case some of us don't remember NY Maxed jumped me, not the other way around, sure I made general statements, but he made them personal. I'm over that since he feels he needs to cross over to the darkside and shift his nuts in my mouth. I don't go to the darkside - sorry.

Everyone else has gone and voiced their opinion and it was fine. Free world right, as long as it were a general statement evrything was cool. None the less someone made it personal.

A bit about why I think you guys are barking in the wrong direction in this HID thing.

I work in the automotive industry, dealer to remain anonymous for purposes I only know. Here is how it works:

1. The customer is always right. Remember this always.
2. Raise enough hell and you will get what you want because we don't want other customers to see this type of thing.

3. The best time to voice your opinion is at the end of business 4 to 6pm when all the customers are picking up thier cars. We don't want anything to do with complaints during that time frame. It's too high profile.

4. This Hid theft for a minor, meaning under 18, means nothing if they get caught. A slap on the hand. Saw it first hand in a smash and grab to a customer car in for service one month ago. Juvy walked like nothing happened. If it is a first offense to an adult, guess what happens? He uses his lawyer (that he paid for with Stolen Hid money) to plead him down to a misdemeanor with community service and a fine, which he pays for again with successful hid thefts. A misdemeanor means nothing on this guys record now. It comes with little consequence even if he gets caught again for the same crime 6 months down the road.

5. Those of you that have been involved in a HID theft know exactly what happens when the police arrive. They look at the car and write up a report so you can make a claim with your insurance. No prints are taken, no real investigation. Paperwork and go. You can insist on prints being taken however they will avoid your insistance for some undertermined duration of time and then maybe give in..Maybe..

6. The same thing happens at the dealer, we have trouble with the spare tires being lifted off SUV's and Pickups, Stock stereo units go in bunches as well. I have signed off several times, to just get the paper work to make a claim with our insurance. Police do no investigation at all. Paperwork and go. Our owner will not even lift a finger when theft occurs, it's everyday occurance. Claim is made, money is given. We are done.

7. If the dealer reacts to theft in the above manner, how do you think authorities are going to act with you on an individual basis. Just as I stated. All dealers act this way, they don't want to spend the time on it, nor do the authorities. It's a fact.

Bottom line is we need to make the dealer care, in turn this will make the police care, which in turn lowers the theft rate. Cause they don't care, ask them when they come to the house to write up your report. They will tell you that they would honestly rather get an adrenaline rush on a traffic stop, or work the crime scene of a domestic violence call than deal with our Hid thefts.

If dealers don't respond, then go above the dealer. Get the manfacturer, business buruea or whatever.. Clearly this is a passionate issue with you guys the power is in your hands. My Maxima is a car from a different dealer than I work for, went in for an intake leak 6 weeks into owning the care, I raised hell, not a little. I made everyone in service aware that I had the car for less than two months and that this was rediculous. Each customer knew my business cause I made it clear I was ****ed. That car was fixed that day, I got a loaner as well which this dealer doesn't do for it's customers, you get a shuttle bus ride and like it. Not me, I pimped another max to work that day. Got status calls an everything.

Look I friggen wrote a novel and I was just harping on you guys about sitting in front of these damn computers. Bottom line is go to the top of the people who don't care. Chasing people on ebay is a waste of time, it truly is. Beating the snot out of a thief won't help either. Maybe for a minute, but tomorrow you will be on here reading about a post your max org buddy put up about his being lifted so what did it solve. Nothing.
Old 01-09-2003 | 05:01 PM

I took the issue to an attorney buddy of mine that went to college with me. We are close since we were in the same program for 3 years before I abandon law for IT (but thats another story). Basically, this the cycle of whats happening and like Auto Lighting said it comes back to you, the individual consumer. As of today, Nissan could care less about this problem because they are making a ton of $$$ selling HID's.
>
The dealers are happy to replace them for you once, twice and even 20 times if necessary. You do the math and see the potential end of the month figures. The police, well, find you more a nuissance than anything else. Its a waste of time for them to even write you that report. They wouldnt mind if you caught the perp so they boost their arrest records when their review time comes up, otherwise forget it. Next, the insurance co.. well, they too could care less because they'll pay the claim today and stick you with it when policy review time come up in 6 months. So lets analyze the scenario: consumer lost HID->[report to police]->calls insurance,makes payment->[brings to dealer for replacement dealer gets paid]->[dealer orders from Nissan nissan gets paid]. In the end, the insurance co. simply recovers its lost by raising your rates at renewal and here by stigmatizing the premium for all other insurers with the same make/model vehicle.
>
In the end, the recommendation for a remedy is a class action lawsuit against the manufacturer for defective design. Clearly, the manufacturers should have known the potential ease of removal/theft of these lights. Outside of that, all of us will just bear the cost of a flawed design. There aren't too many other ways to view the situation. I can guarantee the mere hint of a negative publicity against a still emerging nissan back from the brink ... should be enough to get their attention. And also, it doesnt matter the fact the high percentage of thefts seem to concentrate in one area. Nissan would very likely argue that but they wont get the chance to since they'll be to concerned about their corporate profile and gaining sales and market share. Remember, they plan to introduce two more new vehicles to the US market in addition to the Z and Murano