5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My 2k2 maxima is totalled

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by MiniRX7
PICS

http://www.pbase.com/minirx7/2k2_accident
That's Totalled! My car had less damage than that.
Old 02-02-2003, 12:13 AM

I know..

LExus vs maxima vs Protege ..hmmm

Well i say protege because i can cut back on expensive payments large, and wait till later to get a nice car again..

Not because i am comparing them accross the field LOL..

Hahha
Hahah indeed. Proteges and Protege5s seem quite slow from all the reviews I read. How about a Sentra SE-R Spec V? Although they haven't done that well in most reviews I've seen it actually got 1st place in this comparo http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/compa...4/article.html. US invoice prices between the Protege5 and SE-R Spec V are almost the same, but the latter has a much better power to weight ratio.

I just looked at your crash pics. Dang... that sucks! Hope that never happens to me.
Old 02-02-2003, 05:16 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: My 2k2 maxima is totalled

Its my god damn b-day today, and guess what.. 8:20 AM and i get in to an accident.. a major one too..

Travelling down and a truck decideds to make a left on thte street i am heading down at ...

I had no time to slow down, and i nailed the rear of his frame (it was a delivery truck)...

End result, over 12K in damage... and it might be a write off.. waiting till tommorrow..

questions:

1. If they repair, how much is the stillen front big mouth facia, i rather get that instead of the original bumper..

2. What is on the left side of the car that is important, assuing the electrical harnesses are all replaced..

3. WHY THE HELL DO I HAVDE SUCH BAD LUCK WITH HTIS MAX..

Ed

sad
Old 02-02-2003, 06:10 AM

Re: My 2k2 maxima is totalled

I had no time to slow down, and i nailed the rear of his frame (it was a delivery truck)...

3. WHY THE HELL DO I HAVDE SUCH BAD LUCK WITH HTIS MAX..

Ed
Its always a bummer to get in an accident. But, to answer your question, its got nothing to do with luck. Sounds to me like this had a lot to do with sloppy driving and a delivery vehicle that was in an inconvenient place. Sorry to be so blunt, but as long as you believe that this had something to do with "luck" or "fate", then you are doomed to make the same mistake over and over again.....
Old 02-02-2003, 06:54 AM

Thanks for all your concerns..

I love my maxima (i hate the quirks and nissan service).. but i have yet to get my insurance to call me.. Adjuster is supposed to go this morning...

I want it written off.. pushed the bodyshop guy to write it off..

I am deciding if they do write it off if i should buy another max. Right now nothing makes me happer than a max.. plus i have an APEXI FRANKENCAR coming soon...

If they do fix it (the damage is really really bad, but no frame damage, and no airbags deployed and engine is good), i want the front fascia stillan and the ionic dynamics wing for my car.

If not i am deciding on the following cars:
1. Used 99 LExus GS400
2. 2k3 Nissan Maxima SE 6speed but in chrome silver or pearlwhite
3. Mazda Protege5

I dont want a G35 because it cost over 10K cdn over the maxima (including taxes).. too much money!

Ed
Sorry to hear about your accident man. I hate to say it, but I don't think they will total it. The damage looks bad, but if there isn't any frame or engine damage it should be easily fixable. Especially since the bags didn't go off. The only way I see this being totalled is if the value of the '02 is so low that it's close. Hopefully, the ins. co. will use a deflated value for the '02 when considering the damage. I too hope it is totalled, but if it's not, I think they can get it back to pre-accident condition.

It's those accidents that deploy the bags, break out the windows, make the doors not open, or engine not run that you really have to worry about. Good luck!
Old 02-02-2003, 03:07 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I was hoping they would write it off.. My god, my car is still a baby at 7 months old... Why do i have to drive a smashed up car because of some stupid delivery truck..

Man i miss my maxima..

ED