5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

alldata.com worth the investment?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 04:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

alldata.com worth the investment?

Anyone have a subscription to this service?

I am having two problems with my 2k Maxima... both appear to have TSBs. Does this service do a good job of helping someone with a basic background (I'm no mechanic, but I've done brakes, replaced a radiator and starter, stuff like that). Would I be able to diagnose and fix these TSB related problems with step by step instructions?

One of the problems is a ECM reprogramming/replacement so I'm sure I couldn't do that... but the other is a non-functioning front power window.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: alldata.com worth the investment?

Originally posted by hoopsbwc34
Anyone have a subscription to this service?

I am having two problems with my 2k Maxima... both appear to have TSBs. Does this service do a good job of helping someone with a basic background (I'm no mechanic, but I've done brakes, replaced a radiator and starter, stuff like that). Would I be able to diagnose and fix these TSB related problems with step by step instructions?

One of the problems is a ECM reprogramming/replacement so I'm sure I couldn't do that... but the other is a non-functioning front power window.

Thanks for the help.
why would you want to fix a TSB yourself?? That is why the problem becomes a TSB so that the dealer can fix it for you for free.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: alldata.com worth the investment?

Originally posted by ToasterMax
why would you want to fix a TSB yourself?? That is why the problem becomes a TSB so that the dealer can fix it for you for free.
Is this true? I thought that was only true if you were still under manufacturer warranty. How can I prove this?

When I called the dealer to set up an appointment to fix these two problems, and told him there was a TSB for both, he said that didn't mean anything. It was just there to help the mechanics diagnose the problem. That made sense to me....but is it true?