5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Kool Blue Flow Kit idea

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 05:49 AM
SMX
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Kool Blue Flow Kit idea

There is a new company call Kool Blue that makes filter, they have a filter called Flow kit which is similar to a cold air kit but there it’s a hose instead of a pipe that connect to the filter. Now I was thinking if there is a way to get the kit to fit our MAF the hose can be routed any where, I got the idea from a Mercedes CL600 has that set. The hose was ran behind the grill with something like a flange that was mounted behided the grill with the hose attach to it and going back to the filter. What do you guys think?

www.koolblue.com/mainpage.html
Old 04-02-2003, 06:22 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Re: Kool Blue Flow Kit idea

Originally posted by SMX
There is a new company call Kool Blue that makes filter, they have a filter called Flow kit which is similar to a cold air kit but there it’s a hose instead of a pipe that connect to the filter. Now I was thinking if there is a way to get the kit to fit our MAF the hose can be routed any where, I got the idea from a Mercedes CL600 has that set. The hose was ran behind the grill with something like a flange that was mounted behided the grill with the hose attach to it and going back to the filter. What do you guys think?

www.koolblue.com/mainpage.html
ive seen the ads in a few magazines but i would be more convinced if they could show some tests like intake air temp. on my intake, i still have the stock scoop in place and i had a 3-3.5" hose that was typically used on old carburetor cars. its heat resistant and i attach it to the stock scoop then run it to my open ended k&n filter. during the summer it helps with hesistation of hot air but otherwise the car is more responsive without it. i assumed i was blocking air flow by having the hose there.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:20 AM

"Revolutionary patented technology allows the intake of true, non-turbulent air for significant horsepower gains beyond any system available."

It's a freakin' OOGLIE intake! ORG members have been using flex hose for intakes for years!