5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Funniest thing YOU have ever done in your Max?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 12:50 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally posted by IceY2K1

I tried to change my oil in my mini-garage backwards and rolled down the wheel ramps into the back wall.

Luckily, the boxes and car parts slowed me down and I only got a scuff on the bumper.
BUhahahahahahah...I would have PAID to see the look on your face when you crunched the boxes. The "WTF face" would have been kiddy play!
Old 05-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by JdawgX
Not in the least. They still have the same motor. Different exhaust, but the motor is unchanged. So yes, the exhausts do make them sound slightly different, but it's still the same motor.

||
||
\/
They don't sound any different unless they have an aftermarket exhaust.
Apparently, you've never driven or been around them. The exhaust note between them is NIGHT and DAY.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by Colonel

BUhahahahahahah...I would have PAID to see the look on your face when you crunched the boxes. The "WTF face" would have been kiddy play!

Yeah, you would have seen a reaction alright. I probably lost a year or two off the end of my life and raised my blood pressure a few points.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:14 PM

Ok, sorry, I screwed up there. Hadn't read what I had written. I have been around them plenty and while they're different as I've already said, they're both very distintly LS1s. Bottom line, I misunderstood what you said. Sorry, I was wrong.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:18 PM

Ok, sorry, I screwed up there. Hadn't read what I had written. I have been around them plenty and while they're different as I've already said, they're both very distintly LS1s. Bottom line, I misunderstood what you said. Sorry, I was wrong.
NP...Jdawg.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I tried to change my oil in my mini-garage backwards and rolled down the wheel ramps into the back wall.

Luckily, the boxes and car parts slowed me down and I only got a scuff on the bumper.
Ive dont the wall thing be4, no visible marks though. Today was somewhat interesting. I was forced to turn bell rd into a slalom as j-walking (more like running) mexicans were scrambling for their lives.
That really sucked, like 8 of them like a family of ducks one after another started to run as I was aproaching going a good 55mph. Are these idiots blind? I was severving all over the place trying to avoid them, it was like driving through a flock of birds, they were all over the place. Luckly no1 got hurt. (btw to ant1 whos gonna turn this into a racial thing, I dont have anything against mexincans. I just consider any1 who runs in front of a moving vehicle and idiot )
Old 05-02-2003, 02:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by HitManSE

Ive dont the wall thing be4, no visible marks though. Today was somewhat interesting. I was forced to turn bell rd into a slalom as j-walking (more like running) mexicans were scrambling for their lives.
That really sucked, like 8 of them like a family of ducks one after another started to run as I was aproaching going a good 55mph. Are these idiots blind? I was severving all over the place trying to avoid them, it was like driving through a flock of birds, they were all over the place. Luckly no1 got hurt. (btw to ant1 whos gonna turn this into a racial thing, I dont have anything against mexincans. I just consider any1 who runs in front of a moving vehicle and idiot )
How about being a kind citizen next time and SLOWING DOWN to allow them to cross...

Sometimes we have to be the shepherd.

-R
Old 05-02-2003, 02:27 PM

Next time just floor it.

Rabbits used to do that to me all the time UNTIL one day I say F-it, I'm not going to crash my car over a damn rabbit and just floored STRAIGHT for them. Then they get out of the way. Works even better on dumb azz J-walkers. Especially, ones at night in dark clothing.

The look of shock/surprise they give you as you woosh by at WOT is priceless.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:29 PM

Next time just floor it.

Rabbits used to do that to me all the time UNTIL one day I say F-it, I'm not going to crash my car over a damn rabbit and just floored STRAIGHT for them. Then they get out of the way. Works even better on dumb azz J-walkers. Especially, ones at night in dark clothing.

The look of shock/surprise they give you as you woosh by at WOT is priceless.
The look of shock/surprise when you kill a human being would be very much more priceless... especially when you are behind bars thinking "Sh*t, now why did I do that again?".

-R
Old 05-02-2003, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by 255HP_03_SE

How about being a kind citizen next time and SLOWING DOWN to allow them to cross...

Sometimes we have to be the shepherd.

-R
Dude by all means I was not trying to shoot by them like that, Im not some kind of @ss that goes around doin things like that. I was in the left lane, thats were they stepped into while I was less then 100ft away. Why? I dont know, thats why I say they are blind. 100ft when goin 55 isnt much distance at all. It would take me atelast 150+ft to stop from that speed so instead of standing on the brakes. I did a whick shoulder check and swered to the furthest lane to the right. Thats when one from the right stepped on the road. This time I cut to the middle lane instead of standing on the brakes again. Btw I was slowing down in the process Sometimes thinking fast is smarter then doin what is instinctive which is standing on the brakes. If I stood on the brakes I still might of it some1. If I do see some people crossing when Im a good 1/4 mile away I do slow down to let them cross, this was just an unexpected incident where fast thinking got me out of it. Hopefully it wont happen again.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:33 PM

The look of shock/surprise when you kill a human being would be very much more priceless... especially when you are behind bars thinking "Sh*t, now why did I do that again?".

-R
Hmmmn...dark street...wearing dark clothing...illegal crossing...

I don't think I'd even get a citation. Friend of mine hit a drunk fool walking down the dotted line one time...nothing happened.

BTW, I wouldn't kill anyone...just nip them.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:34 PM

Dude by all means I was not trying to shoot by them like that, Im not some kind of @ss that goes around doin things like that. I was in the left lane, thats were they stepped into while I was less then 100ft away. Why? I dont know, thats why I say they are blind. 100ft when goin 55 isnt much distance at all. It would take me atelast 150+ft to stop from that speed so instead of standing on the brakes. I did a whick shoulder check and swered to the furthest lane to the right. Thats when one from the right stepped on the road. This time I cut to the middle lane instead of standing on the brakes again. Btw I was slowing down in the process Sometimes thinking fast is smarter then doin what is instinctive which is standing on the brakes. If I stood on the brakes I still might of it some1. If I do see some people crossing when Im a good 1/4 mile away I do slow down to let them cross, this was just an unexpected incident where fast thinking got me out of it. Hopefully it wont happen again.
I'm not doubting whether or not you "had" to avoid them... where are you driving that all of 'them' are supposedly crossing the road?

-R
Old 05-02-2003, 02:43 PM

Let's see, I've been pulled over 6+ times in the 9 months i've had my license, so half of those were for doing things. On a daily basis I get harrassed while driving for the way I drive or the car I'm driving or my age or the music I listen to etc.

The funny part is, that when people say **** to me on the road, its after THEY do somethin stupid. For instance, I was following behind this a$$hole in a corvette in a 25mph street and we go by a radar box, he clocks it at like 53 and I clock it at like 40. He then slams on his brakes, gets next to me, and starts talkin **** to me about speeding in a neighborhood. He also yells at me for listening to rap and having my seat back. Dumba$$

Also, about 2 weeks ago this older Q45 keeps messin around with me, the guy is eating an ice cream cone and is changing lanes and cutting me off like crazy, finally I get sick of him and floor it by him so he can continue his stupid act without endangering my car, or me, and he comes up to the light, rolls down the window and says 'hey sh!thead, what are you like 12?' Now, usually I don't say anything because I'm a big guy and people usually don't say anything, but I was already in a bad mood, I look over at this 40+ year old guy and say 'hey *******, does your wife know that you ask boys how old they are? keep eating your ice cream cone like a pedophile u ***.' Now usually I have good timing with lights, but it seemed like it took an hour for the light to turn green. Luckily for him, he didn't get out of the car.

And the dumbest thing that has happened to me in my car, I rearended some lady doing idle speed ~2mph, and my insurance company is getting sued for damages to her neck!

Alright, my stupidity will be here for at least another 2 years, so that is a ton of stories!
Old 05-02-2003, 02:45 PM

I'm not doubting whether or not you "had" to avoid them... where are you driving that all of 'them' are supposedly crossing the road?

-R
Well...I was driving back to work after paying the dealer a visit. You see be4 the shop I work at is a low-cost living area. Bunch of cheap apartments, old houses, some crack houses, ect.. Its not a kind area to live it. Business wise its fine, only thing is around 90% of the people in the area dont have a car and are all over the place. I know its not the kindest thing to say, but it gets quite anoying have them walk through the parking lot leaving beer cans all over the place. Crakheads walking by talking to invisible people, quite pathetic really Where were they crossing, they were on the middle island on bell rd (Large main rd in Phx) goin back to the ghetto. Trust me, if you were around the area youd know what I mean.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050
Let's see, I've been pulled over 6+ times in the 9 months i've had my license, so half of those were for doing things. On a daily basis I get harrassed while driving for the way I drive or the car I'm driving or my age or the music I listen to etc.

The funny part is, that when people say **** to me on the road, its after THEY do somethin stupid. For instance, I was following behind this a$$hole in a corvette in a residential neighborhood and we got by a radar box, he clocks it at like 53 and I clock it at like 40. He then slams on his brakes, gets next to me, and starts talkin **** to me about speeding in a neighborhood. He also yells at me for listening to rap and having my seat back. Dumba$$

Also, about 2 weeks ago this older Q45 keeps messin around with me, the guy is eating an ice cream cone and is changing lanes and cutting me off like crazy, finally I get sick of him and floor it by him so he can continue his stupid act without endangering my car, or me, and he comes up to the light, rolls down the window and says 'hey sh!thead, what are you like 12?' Now, usually I don't say anything because I'm a big guy and people usually don't say anything, but I was already in a bad mood, I look over at this 40+ year old guy and say 'hey *******, does your wife know that you ask boys how old they are? keep eating your ice cream cone like a pedophile u ***.' Now usually I have good timing with lights, but it seemed like it took an hour for the light to turn green. Luckily for him, he didn't get out of the car.

And the dumbest thing that has happened to me in my car, I rearended some lady doing idle speed ~2mph, and my insurance company is getting sued for damages to her neck!

Alright, my stupidity will be here for at least another 2 years, so that is a ton of stories!
"6+"? YOU FORGET?!?!?

Man and you still have a license?

That's BS about the neck...so many money vultures waiting to cash in.

I don't think I'd even get a citation. Friend of mine hit a drunk fool walking down the dotted line one time...nothing happened.

Alex, as much as id love to do that. Coming from LA you get shot at for doing that. Been there dont that, it sucks!

Ahhh... so you run along thinking nothing can happen to you. Nice. I like that... your youth has yet to pop your cherry.

You "don't think" you'd get a citation... but you may. You never know... especially if a witness claims that you NEVER SLOWED DOWN when you could have (possibly) avoided them... especially if you "nip" them.

Dude, I'm not saying that situations don't exist where you have no control... but your attitude is saying "oh, it's ok, I'll just NIP them"...

-R
Old 05-02-2003, 02:53 PM

"6+"? YOU FORGET?!?!?

Man and you still have a license?

That's BS about the neck...so many money vultures waiting to cash in.
Yeah, I say 6+ because I seriously can't remember all of them. Got pulled over one time so that the cop could name all the illegal stuff on my car like the clears with hyperwhite and stuff like that, got pulled over for speeding 40 in a 30, and the cop CLAIMED I was doing 68, but lowered it to 45, even though he didn't have radar, got pulled over for going too slowly while looking for my friends house, I was doin like 25 in a 35 with no other cars around and all of a sudden I look in my rear view and there is a cop with lights on. Got pulled over for the accident, pulled over for accelerating too quickly and having a license plate cover, and hmmm... there were others im sure.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:56 PM

Ahhh... so you run along thinking nothing can happen to you. Nice. I like that... your youth has yet to pop your cherry.

You "don't think" you'd get a citation... but you may. You never know... especially if a witness claims that you NEVER SLOWED DOWN when you could have (possibly) avoided them... especially if you "nip" them.

Dude, I'm not saying that situations don't exist where you have no control... but your attitude is saying "oh, it's ok, I'll just NIP them"...

-R
What? Your what 6-yrs older....

His fault, not mine...so how do I get the citation? What witness? No witness. Who says I saw him? I didn't.

I'm already by the guy and if you think I'd really "nip" someone risking a scratch to my car....you don't know me.

I dodge bugs and cringe at birds swooping down infront of my car let alone risk a scratch from hitting some dumbazz who doesn't know what a crosswalk is for 15ft further up the road.

BTW, I'm just JOKING, so don't get all worked up.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:00 PM

BTW, I'm just JOKING, so don't get all worked up.
I guess I don't joke when it comes to talking about a human life.

Something you gain a better perspective on when you have lives at stake in your own hands.

-R
Old 05-02-2003, 03:00 PM

Alex, as much as id love to do that. Coming from LA you get shot at for doing that. Been there dont that, it sucks!
Yeah...I'm just playing and it's AZ for christ sake!

Had a gun drawn once for no reason....shot gun actually, in Vegas. NOT FUNNY!!! Very serious dude on a trip fighting with his GF on the center median in broad daylight with gridlock traffic.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:04 PM

Heres some more weird ****. This happend less then 10min ago. A parts delivery driver came by and dropped a few things off. Well after that she went outside and opened the trucks door, then she just stood there as I had a look on my face. Next thing you know, she bends over and slaps her @ss. I was like WTF is she doin, then she busts out with a whip and starts to snap it in the air 5-6 times. I was left speechless. Bondage freaks are in my place of business, what is this world coming to.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:06 PM

I guess I don't joke when it comes to talking about a human life.

Something you gain a better perspective on when you have lives at stake in your own hands.

-R
I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT TAKING A HUMAN LIFE!!!! Jumping the gun my friend. ASSuming someone would be killed is a stretch, just like the ASSumption I'd actually do something like that.

Would you like to share....on how you have "lives at stake in your own hands"? I'd like to hear, since your profile sounds intriguing. Reserves?
Old 05-02-2003, 03:09 PM

Heres some more weird ****. This happend less then 10min ago. A parts delivery driver came by and dropped a few things off. Well after that she went outside and opened the trucks door, then she just stood there as I had a look on my face. Next thing you know, she bends over and slaps her @ss. I was like WTF is she doin, then she busts out with a whip and starts to snap it in the air 5-6 times. I was left speechless. Bondage freaks are in my place of business, what is this world coming to.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050

Yeah, I say 6+ because I seriously can't remember all of them. Got pulled over one time so that the cop could name all the illegal stuff on my car like the clears with hyperwhite and stuff like that, got pulled over for speeding 40 in a 30, and the cop CLAIMED I was doing 68, but lowered it to 45, even though he didn't have radar, got pulled over for going too slowly while looking for my friends house, I was doin like 25 in a 35 with no other cars around and all of a sudden I look in my rear view and there is a cop with lights on. Got pulled over for the accident, pulled over for accelerating too quickly and having a license plate cover, and hmmm... there were others im sure.
tryin to pull a driveby in the max.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by slickrick

tryin to pull a driveby in the max.
Drive by. Hah! Zach doesnt do drive bys he just pulls over poeple at random only to have them flip him off.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:35 PM

Drive by. Hah! Zach doesnt do drive bys he just pulls over poeple at random only to have them flip him off.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:38 PM

Originally posted by jttaylor155
You would have made headlines if it wasnt a bull **** story. Next time you make up a story say me and 2 guys. Or better yet say the truth "i was jerkin off in my car..."
listen &&&& you motherf***r last thing I want to do is to impress your teenage ***, dont believe me it is OK
Old 05-02-2003, 05:58 PM

Thats some of the funniest **** I've read on the internet.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:12 PM

I was looking for my friends highschool to watch them win state for wresting and was on the next road over. Well I saw the football stadium so I figured it was near that. Went down the road a mile and didn't see it so I went back to the stadium and pulled into the cow pasture beside it. I drove all the way across the pasture till I saw the school and there was an @ss of people outside and just watched me come out the pasture and pull off the curb into the parking lot and found a space.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:11 PM

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R

listen &&&& you motherf***r last thing I want to do is to impress your teenage ***, dont believe me it is OK
Dude, chillllll. Its not important. You know what happend and thats all. Who gives a damn who sez what, if its true its true. I dont know how much fun it would have been with all those people but then again who am I to judge what you or some1 else does. I just watch after myself and thats its. The only time I judge some1 is if they get in my face.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:17 PM

Originally posted by IncandescentSE

Thats some of the funniest **** I've read on the internet.