5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Is my dealer ****ing me up or is it normal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 09:26 AM

Is my dealer ****ing me up or is it normal?

Hey guys i went to the dealer to do the hesitation TSB. I also asked him to take a look at the brakes because my car shakes a little when braking, dealer gives me a call and said that he cannot do TSB because he could not find any hesitation, and car shakes because i have to replace my rotor's he says that rotors are not covered by the warranty and that i have to pay him 80$ , because he did not find anything wrong. WTF..?

Am I getting raped?
Old 10-20-2003, 09:39 AM

yup..thats Nissan service for ya..
Old 10-20-2003, 09:41 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

how many miles are on your Max?
Old 10-20-2003, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by maximadave
how many miles are on your Max?
30k miles, but i am not sure that i have to pay 80$ for nothing....
Old 10-20-2003, 09:50 AM
TheyCallMeSteel

My I35 had the braking issue. I took it to Infiniti and they cut the rotors for free. I paid not a dime.

If you want, call that dealer and tell them that you have consulted other nissan dealerships and they believe they are ****ing with you.

If you want use my example as a case. Tell them your long lost buddy in Chicago, who basically has the same car, took his car in for the same reason with less miles on the car, and had his rotors taken care of for free.

Old 10-20-2003, 09:52 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally Posted by Neeferea
30k miles, but i am not sure that i have to pay 80$ for nothing....
They shouldn't have charged you anything. Here is an article I found about Secret Warranties and Recalls.

http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?did=721&scid=112

If you can, print out the TSB for this. (should be here somewhere on the org)

good luck...
Old 10-20-2003, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by TheyCallMeSteel
My I35 had the braking issue. I took it to Infiniti and they cut the rotors for free. I paid not a dime.

If you want, call that dealer and tell them that you have consulted other nissan dealerships and they believe they are ****ing with you.

If you want use my example as a case. Tell them your long lost buddy in Chicago, who basically has the same car, took his car in for the same reason with less miles on the car, and had his rotors taken care of for free.
I am also from chicago, YOU see dude my problem is that they said i need new rotors and that they are not going to cover that, but also they want 80$ for the time they spent to check the claim. IS it normal>?
Old 10-20-2003, 09:54 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I am also from chicago, YOU see dude my problem is that they said i need new rotors and that they are not going to cover that, but also they want 80$ for the time they spent to check the claim. IS it normal>?
No, this is not normal. Rotors are covered for 3yr/36K miles. Brake pads are probably 12mos/12K miles. I would personally called NNA and complain. 1-800-NISSAN-1
Old 10-20-2003, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by maximadave
They shouldn't have charged you anything. Here is an article I found about Secret Warranties and Recalls.

http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?did=721&scid=112

If you can, print out the TSB for this. (should be here somewhere on the org)

good luck...
So what should i do, i have to pick up my car in one hour.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So what should i do, i have to pick up my car in one hour.
Go here and print out the sheets. Take them to the dealer.
http://apollo799.50megs.com/Maxima/Maxima.htm

You have the brake Judder problem which is clearly defined here and is covered by a 36K mile extended warranty. Be nice about it. If you get flak, call Nissan One (can't remember the number).

*** Oops. You have a 2k2. Doesn't apply ***
Old 10-20-2003, 10:38 AM

I took my car in a couple of years ago for this and got new pads/rotors for free under warranty. They should definitely not charge you for a legitimate problem that you brought to them while the car is still under warranty even though they couldn't recreate the problem... That is ridiculous.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Compton
I took my car in a couple of years ago for this and got new pads/rotors for free under warranty. They should definitely not charge you for a legitimate problem that you brought to them while the car is still under warranty even though they couldn't recreate the problem... That is ridiculous.
How many miles did you have on your car....
Old 10-20-2003, 11:03 AM

Can i please get a couple more replies.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:04 AM
tEh Hope

When I went to have my hesitation TSB done, the mechanic actually told me that he noticed my car shaking when breaking and my rotors needed to be turned. They actually adviced me to get this done and it was free. You don't have to pay a dime. Go back to the service place where you actually bought this vehicle and if they give you a hard time, tell them that you will rate them worse in the survey that Nissan sends you.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Maxxxed
When I went to have my hesitation TSB done, the mechanic actually told me that he noticed my car shaking when breaking and my rotors needed to be turned. They actually adviced me to get this done and it was free. You don't have to pay a dime. Go back to the service place where you actually bought this vehicle and if they give you a hard time, tell them that you will rate them worse in the survey that Nissan sends you.
The only thing that bothers me is the fact that i have to pay 80$ for nothing... WHY?
Old 10-20-2003, 11:09 AM

I would absolutely refuse to pay and call Nissan corporate in front of them if they still try to charge you.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:17 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Since you are still under the warranty period (bumper to bumper), you shouldn't have to pay a dime. You felt there was a problem, and they couldn't diagnose anything other than telling you that you need to get new rotors (which the previous 5th Gen Maxima had all kinds of problems for warping rotors). The TSB for the hesitation is on my homepage (scroll down the screen)...and supposedly there is a new TSB updating the hesitation for the 2002-2003 3.5L Maximas (I do not have this new TSB yet)...
Old 10-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Banned

i would tell them to f**k off...the 80 bucks they just want because they spent half an hour bull****tin with your car...they're just trying to make some money...it's under warranty they shouldn't charge you sh*T...the wheel shaking a little is normal...nissan rotors are horrible...they get warped quite easily...all you need to do is turn them..nissan should do that for free...its just taking them off and slapping the two on the machine very fast...i would go to that nissan dealership n demand i dont get charged anything...if they still do...just go talk to the manager of the whole dealership...f*ck the service manager...he's just gonna try to rip you off
Old 10-20-2003, 12:36 PM

Update

I went to the dealer to pick up my car, and i had to pay 80$ for nothing, now they said that i have to change my rotors and that i have to change my brakes also because rotors ****eted up my brakes. They want 450$ for this job, and they say that warranty does not cover it, and i have already payid 80 for diagnostic.... WTF should i do?

P.S. I am so

Please help
Old 10-20-2003, 12:39 PM
NT2SHBBY

I went to the dealer to pick up my car, and i had to pay 80$ for nothing, now they said that i have to change my rotors and that i have to change my brakes also because rotors ****eted up my brakes. They want 450$ for this job, and they say that warranty does not cover it, and i have already payid 80 for diagnostic.... WTF should i do?

P.S. I am so

Please help

I wouldn't have paid it...regardless of the parts being covered under warranty, the car still is......

if they woulda given u shiet about releasing the car w/o payment, I then would've called the police and told them they were holding you against ur will....

next step is to call Nissan Corp. and file a formal complaint against dealership and names of ppl involved there

Old 10-20-2003, 12:40 PM

Well, like we all said, you should NOT have paid the $80 to begin with... Call Nissan Corporate HQ and they will straighten this out and they should call the dealership and tell them to install new brakes at no charge if the car is still under warranty.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Compton
Well, like we all said, you should NOT have paid the $80 to begin with... Call Nissan Corporate HQ and they will straighten this out and they should call the dealership and tell them to install new brakes at no charge if the car is still under warranty.

I did. They said that " even thou they will give a dealership a call the rotors are still not covered by the warranty.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:05 PM
The Definitive AE Master

the $80 dollars is probably that stupid diagnosis fee they charge to "find" the problem for you. If you choose to fix the car at the dealership, they waive the $80 bucks and charge you for the labor and parts of whatever you want done there.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:46 PM

but you shouldn't have to pay a diagnostic fee for a known problem that is covered under warranty