5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Dealer recall for HID security just completed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 09:34 AM

Dealer recall for HID security just completed.

For those with the dreaded HID's I just went to Windsor Nissan off of 130 in NJ and had this service performed under warranty although my warranty is expired. They explained that these tiny dots which adhere to the housing, balast, and bulbs are then registered to your vinn of your car. Also they bolted a bracket from underneath the car to the light housing, which is undetected by the eye. The final touch is a small decal placed on the side of the lense. For a stupid thief this deterrent will mean nothing to them. One more concern now is if I blow a bulb how do I remove the light assembly to replace the bulb? Is this yet again a way for the dealer to charge you for bulb replacement after this service is done? You really can't win with this one. Time will tell.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by CJLax
For those with the dreaded HID's I just went to Windsor Nissan off of 130 in NJ and had this service performed under warranty although my warranty is expired. They explained that these tiny dots which adhere to the housing, balast, and bulbs are then registered to your vinn of your car. Also they bolted a bracket from underneath the car to the light housing, which is undetected by the eye. The final touch is a small decal placed on the side of the lense. For a stupid thief this deterrent will mean nothing to them. One more concern now is if I blow a bulb how do I remove the light assembly to replace the bulb? Is this yet again a way for the dealer to charge you for bulb replacement after this service is done? You really can't win with this one. Time will tell.
i got same notice in the mail this week (i'm in nyc). haven't had a chance to call the dealer yet but i bet there's going to be a long wait to have this done.

as for replacing the bulb, i thought they're suppose to last the life of the car? there's no filiment in HID bulbs so i would think there's really nothing that will blow, right?
Old 11-15-2003, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by AYAYAY
i got same notice in the mail this week (i'm in nyc). haven't had a chance to call the dealer yet but i bet there's going to be a long wait to have this done.

as for replacing the bulb, i thought they're suppose to last the life of the car? there's no filiment in HID bulbs so i would think there's really nothing that will blow, right?
The 168 size bulb in there. Also dealer said it would take 3 hr's to complete, yea right. I got there at 8 am drove out complete by 9:01 am soup to nuts. Tell them you will wait for the car.