5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Pic of car with toser's

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by 3.0HO
I like everything about your car except.... you guessed it.... the chicken wings in the front gotta go! The boy racer wings don't do the Maxima justice. Actually if your hood could be painted body color that would help a lot. That grille needs a custom job as well. I really hope that isn't a sticker in your front window either? I assume you have aftermarket HIDS? If not it is going on 2004 a custom Japanese ride without HIDS is like a Mustang with a V6 in it. I like Maximas that are clean, classy and pimp (my opinion and will make it known if you post pics of your car ). If your car was an Integra or Civic then fine. But Maximas, TL, GS should look pimp. ie. no stickers at all anywhere (that includes maxima.org), no aftermarket wings (on the trunk, rear window or front lip), NOS is fine just don't advertise it is so played out and cheesy, and PLEASE (for everyone out there who is watching) if you put aftermarket rims and/or a bodykit on your car please drop it first. And if you plan on using NOS, Turbos, SC upgrade your damn brakes especially 2k-2k1 owners! Also big rims don't make a ride look better so don't get the "BET" sydrome all you playas. 20"s do not look good on 1st-5th gens straight up. I don't care how much they cost either.

Your car is close to perfect just needs a lil more and a lil less "in my opinion".

Happy New Year!!
Dude, Everybody on the org does not need to have the same tired *** setup. I chose to do my car the way I did because it appealed to me and thats what I think that matters, and by the way the reason i don't want one of those grills is because first of all to make it look right you have to cut out your stock grille and that is not happening, and also they tend to get too many dimples in them.

P.S. They are ricer fish gills, not ricer chicken wings and I don't go to walmart
Old 12-31-2003, 09:03 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally Posted by MaxSE03
Did someone say Bacardi?

Hypnotiq !
Old 01-01-2004, 06:16 AM

This sh$t is hot. This is very interesting how you cleared the front bumper lights and kept the rear red bumper lights.

I like the wheel tuck and want to do the same as well. But I am deciding to get the Tein Coilovers for my 2k3se instead of doing the Tein spring/Tokico combo. I wanna do it right from the beginning even though it is expensive.

Get some more pics! I wanna see more!
Old 01-01-2004, 11:00 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by RAZORFISH228
This sh$t is hot. This is very interesting how you cleared the front bumper lights and kept the rear red bumper lights.

well, in my case, i kept the rear red ones too because i've gotten pulled over many times just because of my rear clears...the cops seem to have no problems with the front clears, but they don't like the rears very much...
Old 01-01-2004, 11:04 AM

dude, ur ride looks hot. IMO one of the best on the org.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Shogunsc4
dude, ur ride looks hot. IMO one of the best on the org.

Thanks....uh.....who's?
Old 01-01-2004, 11:39 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally Posted by irvine78
Thanks....uh.....who's?
He must like strange looking Maxes...
Old 01-01-2004, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by kloogy
He must like strange looking Maxes...
obviously he hasn't fallen victim to blings yet.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

Originally Posted by irvine78
obviously he hasn't fallen victim to blings yet.
I think people forgot what the org is all about. The org is about helping others, getting sweet deals, discussions, and getting together to get products made for our cars. It's not to make all are cars the same. All of us have are own original taste which makes are cars different from others. If people didn't make there
cars different you would be at a maxima car meet and all the cars would look the same.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by MyownNismo
I think people forgot what the org is all about. The org is about helping others, getting sweet deals, discussions, and getting together to get products made for our cars. It's not to make all are cars the same. All of us have are own original taste which makes are cars different from others. If people didn't make there
cars different you would be at a maxima car meet and all the cars would look the same.

well said...

ummmm JIC flt-A1's...hehehe...soon i hope
Old 01-01-2004, 08:42 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally Posted by MyownNismo
That is very true....Lately there has been a swarm of loud mouth newbies, and its really getting annoying. I remember when I first joined the Org, I was afraid to post anything, let alone flame someone that has been here longer..
Old 01-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by kloogy
That is very true....Lately there has been a swarm of loud mouth newbies, and its really getting annoying. I remember when I first joined the Org, I was afraid to post anything, let alone flame someone that has been here longer..

Hahaha.... it's all cool, man. Kloogy is just too drunk from last night to realize what he's doing. Nevermind, he's always drunk.

~limsandy
Old 01-01-2004, 09:36 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally Posted by limsandy
Hahaha.... it's all cool, man. Kloogy is just too drunk from last night to realize what he's doing. Nevermind, he's always drunk.

~limsandy
Last night..oh yessss !
Old 01-01-2004, 10:00 PM
I live life on the edge

Originally Posted by chris'smax
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/451327

Go to this link to see a pic of my car with the tos I will post a pic with the new adjusted ride height once i get one

Dude I like the deep lip on the wheels. It seems like those are hard to get on front wheel drive cars. I like the deep lip on my wheels because you don't get the rock chips on th face of the wheel. The problem with my car is that it looks like a 4X4 the way it sits. Still looking for coilovers. and still taking suggestions on the best ride and brand. Oh and one last thing, its your car so mod it to your specs, not someone elses

Old 01-01-2004, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by skalberti
Dude I like the deep lip on the wheels. It seems like those are hard to get on front wheel drive cars. I like the deep lip on my wheels because you don't get the rock chips on th face of the wheel. The problem with my car is that it looks like a 4X4 the way it sits. Still looking for coilovers. and still taking suggestions on the best ride and brand. Oh and one last thing, its your car so mod it to your specs, not someone elses

Man I agree with you on the lip saving the face of your rim. I haven't had any problem with rock chips.

P.S. Those rims are smooth and they will look even better once you drop your car
Old 01-02-2004, 12:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by skalberti

Can't you see the Max is begging to get lowered?

~limsandy
Old 01-02-2004, 06:57 PM
I live life on the edge

Originally Posted by limsandy
Can't you see the Max is begging to get lowered?

~limsandy

Yep, I agree. When you can stick your head between the tire and the fender well, the car has to come down.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:03 PM

Are those 19x8's all around? It looks like the rears are wider...
Old 01-10-2004, 05:50 PM
CAN YOU PUT IT ON THE WALL?

that is very clean. its funny how lithium said 7 mods...that is what i want...with the maxis lip of course!
Old 01-10-2004, 07:30 PM
I miss the .org!

Originally Posted by IWNTMORHP!!
that is very clean. its funny how lithium said 7 mods...that is what i want...with the maxis lip of course!
You mean this? (non-Maxis lip)

Old 01-12-2004, 06:03 AM
CAN YOU PUT IT ON THE WALL?

yep...looking at that i don't think the maxis lip will work with the maxima. that looks really nice. i really like em! thanks triple8
Old 01-15-2004, 10:04 AM
teddibear703

hey chris: i was playing with the shock, and i was wondering, it seems like you can do a drop much more than the max 3.5 by turning the bottom mount part up and the coil part down... right?? also what part did you need to modify? front or back...how did you figure out how much to drop??
Old 01-15-2004, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by teddibear703
hey chris: i was playing with the shock, and i was wondering, it seems like you can do a drop much more than the max 3.5 by turning the bottom mount part up and the coil part down... right?? also what part did you need to modify? front or back...how did you figure out how much to drop??

So you can drop from the spring? My dad and were looking at it and he said it looked like you can only drop from the bottom. I had to file down the hole on the strut mount because it had a half circle with a flat side and the top of the strut was a full circle.(Kinda hard to explain but trust me you'll see what i'm talking about). Also I still have not found my right ride height, i'm still playing with them.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:04 AM
teddibear703

the spring part can be turned lower... i wont be installing these until june when i come back to the states... boo... i'll most likely be riding at full height, and for shows slam them as low as they go..