5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

All this HID theft. how?/why?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Blazin......

All this HID theft. how?/why?

Hello. 4thgen with questions here. All the HID theft doesnt make much sense to me.

So by mashing the Hood & Fenders they get the lights your saying.? This is what i DONT get. THe Bottom of your 5th Gen Headlights have the 2 tabs which bolt to the frame/bumper support. Do these Thieves Rip your Bumper off too? How in the World can they even rip a hood up or fenders without Cracking/Breaking these lights. The way you guys describe it they Mash the front of the car all up. But how can they salvage lights if its that much trouble to do?

Im gettin a deal on HID from a Civic on my 4th gen But im not sure how to protect myself at all or IF i even should since im a 4th gen. But all of our lights are the same Bottom (2) mounts and HOW in the WORLD could NE1 even do this to a car.

IT sounds possible, But so much work and ********edness for Lights.. get real thieves.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:29 PM

I'm not going to get into detail how they rip them out but they dont care about the headlights themselves. They just want the bulbs and ballast.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by bobjohnson
Im gettin a deal on HID from a Civic on my 4th gen
Guy with the civic prolly stole 'em from a 5th gen.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:53 PM

Hello. 4thgen with questions here. All the HID theft doesnt make much sense to me.

So by mashing the Hood & Fenders they get the lights your saying.? This is what i DONT get. THe Bottom of your 5th Gen Headlights have the 2 tabs which bolt to the frame/bumper support. Do these Thieves Rip your Bumper off too? How in the World can they even rip a hood up or fenders without Cracking/Breaking these lights. The way you guys describe it they Mash the front of the car all up. But how can they salvage lights if its that much trouble to do?

Im gettin a deal on HID from a Civic on my 4th gen But im not sure how to protect myself at all or IF i even should since im a 4th gen. But all of our lights are the same Bottom (2) mounts and HOW in the WORLD could NE1 even do this to a car.

IT sounds possible, But so much work and ********edness for Lights.. get real thieves.
The problem with the tabs is they are made of cheap plastic.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Blazin......

So they just rip all the lights up? thats insane! Its really crazy that they would go that far with headlights..

My civic buddy got his off ebay new, there 4000k purple and they look really nice. He got em new in packaging so were sure there not stolen.

Reason i was asking this stuff guys if BC i dont see why anyone would make all this breaking sounds and cracking glass noises, Rippin the hood up, fenders. -All this makes so much noise! How can anyone not hear plastic being Broke and all this BS going on? I recently looked into how 5thgens are installed and Had "no idea" how neone would EVER get these off without there whole socket set on hand... neway thanks for the info guys. west
Old 01-15-2004, 08:48 PM

They won't be getting many more... DDs are on the job.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:58 AM
teddibear703

Originally Posted by Quidproquo
They won't be getting many more... DDs are on the job.
but can DD's protect the headlight from a sledge hammer.. hehe....
Old 01-16-2004, 06:37 AM
Pizda Boy

so much noise??? the professionals will do it in a few minutes and most of the time no one even hears them. . . and no anti-theft kit from the dealership is going to stop them. . .
east coast sucks.....that's all . . . I don't think it will ever stop unless hid's become really cheap and no one will want to buy them anymore....
Old 01-16-2004, 06:58 PM

So they just rip all the lights up? thats insane! Its really crazy that they would go that far with headlights..

My civic buddy got his off ebay new, there 4000k purple and they look really nice. He got em new in packaging so were sure there not stolen.

Reason i was asking this stuff guys if BC i dont see why anyone would make all this breaking sounds and cracking glass noises, Rippin the hood up, fenders. -All this makes so much noise! How can anyone not hear plastic being Broke and all this BS going on? I recently looked into how 5thgens are installed and Had "no idea" how neone would EVER get these off without there whole socket set on hand... neway thanks for the info guys. west
There is no ripping the hood or fenders up dude. The pro's can do the whole job in literally 30 seconds with little hood and fender damage.