5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I screwed myself (Data Dots question)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I screwed myself (Data Dots question)

I've been looking at TitaniuMax's DDE thread and Studman's Headlight Project thread and it has made me want to do it... All of it, the angel eyes, the black paint, and the clear turn signals.

My only problem: the damn brackets that Nissan installed when I got the Data Dots put on. I tried taking out my headlights once before for another project I was working on, but that bracket holds it in place real tight. Spent about an hour trying to figure out how it was held on before giving up.

So my question is, does anyone know how to remove the headlight housing after the bracket has been put on? I know what your all thinking, "Great, another HID thief asking us how to make his job easier. Let's flame him."

Well, I'm not an HID thief. There are plenty of people on here that have met me including PoLo who I think is considered a trustworthy person on the .org. I'll ask him to reply to this thread vouching for me as proof. Plenty of others met me at the Conneticut meet 12/21.

If you do know how to safely remove the headlights with the bracket and trust that I'm not out to steal HIDs, please DON'T post the answer here, PM me. This is a public forum and even though I'm not trying to steal them, It doesn't mean an HID thief won't come along and read this thread later.

If you still feel uncomfortable about it and decide not to let me in on the secret, that's cool, as a victim of HID theft I completely understand your skeptism and worry.

Thanks in advance,
Rich
Old 01-30-2004, 03:33 PM
LithiuMax

For some reason I find this slightly hilarious.

Old 01-30-2004, 03:38 PM

I would start by taking the bumber off
Old 01-30-2004, 04:44 PM
2-Wheelin it...

get me another cheeseburger and i'll get the light off......with a crowbar....

well i will say...it is very hard to come off.......hit me up on AIM or msn rich...we'll talk from there.....
Old 01-30-2004, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by LithiuMax
For some reason I find this slightly hilarious.
probably because it's slightly funny

Originally Posted by NYC TAR
I would start by taking the bumber off
Probably what I'll end up doing...

Originally Posted by PoLo

well i will say...it is very hard to come off.......hit me up on AIM or msn rich...we'll talk from there.....
Thanks PoLo. You'll get 2 cheesburger and a Scooby snack if you figure this one out . I'll hit you up on monday... msn as usual
Old 01-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What do I get if I help you out?
Old 01-30-2004, 05:48 PM

are u serious...**** -- i wanted to clear my headlights sooner or later
Old 01-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

There should be a way of getting off. Now only if this damn weather co-operates so we can go and check for ourselves.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:37 PM

First off, clearing headlights is Why do ricers insist on bling instead of HP? Is it because they are so mechanically dis-inclined, the only projects they can handle are things like putting home depot crap in their headlights?

Second, I read that the brackets are welded to the framis AND the kanipeling pin, and the ballasts are relocated to the glove compartment wich is then lined with razor blades.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:43 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally Posted by itdood
First off, clearing headlights is Why do ricers insist on bling instead of HP? Is it because they are so mechanically dis-inclined, the only projects they can handle are things like putting home depot crap in their headlights?
well...it's not so much rice....but more of a clean look. the whole car, the front is nice, and then ya got these 2 yellow freakin dots. kinda annoying. i did it, not cause it' srice, just cause it gave the car a clean look to it. dont' think i'm a ricer for doing it. just do it cause i like it, simple as that.

Second, I read that the brackets are welded to the framis AND the kanipeling pin, and the ballasts are relocated to the glove compartment wich is then lined with razor blades.
well i wouldn't say razor blades, but they are relocated
Old 01-30-2004, 08:21 PM

well i wouldn't say razor blades, but they are relocated
I guess they are not relocated in a great spot because someone on the org just got their lights jacked and they got everything. He had the data dots and brackets done.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyC502
I guess they are not relocated in a great spot because someone on the org just got their lights jacked and they got everything. He had the data dots and brackets done.
Like anything you do to protect your car (Alarm, window etching, the club, etc.), the DataDots/brackets are a theft deterrent, not a theft preventer. Unless you take your housings out at night and bring them to bed with you, if thieves want them, thieves will get them.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:57 PM

Not everyone has the same intentions for their car. Speed isn't as important to me, I prefer to give my car a unique and cool look (Speed limit is 55mph in NY anyway). And what may look good to me may differ from what looks good to you, you may like blonds, I prefer brunettes.

Let's face it, if all any of us ever cared about was HP, none of us would be driving a Maxima in the first place.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:49 PM
I miss the .org!

This probably shouldn't be discussed in detail on an open forum. If anyone knows, maybe talk to him directly instead...