5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

PLEASE HELP? pretty please?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 08:00 PM

PLEASE HELP? pretty please?

Ok, well I asked one of these before, but now I have a few more questions because I really dont wanna pay nissan for something I can do myself (especially since they arent gonna support the warranty they sold me). I have a 2001 Maxima SE

1. Leak at top of driver-side A-Pillar...nissan says its because my sunroof drain is clogged, I pulled off the A-Pillar (because it was popped off by them...I did have them check the leak out, they charged me $100 just to look at it)...At the top, around where it leaks is a metal tube...Im guessing this is what is leaking, though my problem is why is there a metal tube there...oh well...for someone that has taken off their A-Pillar, maybe to get to their tweeter, is it supposed to be like that? I have no hoses running down the side, its just a metal opening under the felt of the hood...Im assuming it is supposed to be closed or drain somewhere else if thats truly where water is getting in.

2. What all comes in a stock trunk? Nissan says I am missing a bunch of stuff out of my trunk, $60 worth...I did take it to them with 2 of the little uhm, removable bolts I guess is what I would call them...basically holds the liner in...I know they prolly counted another one that was hidden under the felt, and Im missing one of those screw things (has a plus on it)...I have the felt, matting under the felt, jack (no handle though), board for spare, spare, net...is there anything else I might be missing?...does the jack come with a handle to jack up the car? Where would be a good place to purchase that type of stuff for my trunk (the stuff I mentioned and anything else I might be missing)?

3. Is there a way to make cruise control stay on? Im sure its been mentioned here, I did a google search, since I cant search here, and found someone talkin about a 4th gen rewire...has anyone done this to a 2001?

4. What is the plastic thing under the gas pedal? I was always told its like a limiter because it doesnt allow the pedal to go past that point and all the way to the floor, but I checked the pedal before and after taking it off and it seems to go to the same point, so Im thinking they have nothing to do with each other.

I really appreciate anyone who can help me out...I really like these forums as they have got me working on a car finally...before I would always take the car to someone, but since finding this site, I have done a oil change, changed the ignition light to white (will change to a diff color once I change all lights inside), changed the turn signals so they are only on when turning, hazards or parking lights are on, fixed passenger side door light. I know its nothing big, but it is to me since I would have never done any of that before finding this place.

TIA