5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Flaming threads about driving fast

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 11:23 PM

Flaming threads about driving fast

I am tired of seeing people getting flamed for mentioning in their posts something about driving fast or street racing, especially when that is not even the topic that they are wanting to discuss. Is driving fast not the purpose of having a car that will go fast??? Do you want people to just sit around and look at their performance parts and then drive like an old grandma??? What's that all about? Talk about what the thread is intended for or don't post in my opinion. It is crazy to talk bad about driving fast on a forum dedicated to MAKING CARS FAST.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:32 PM

here here.........this is a forum that has performance threaded into it infact almost based on it. Whether it is about oem stuff or after market stuff the threads are generally about out cars performance. why flame some one for it. though their actons myght be stupid dumb crazy insane or what every you want to call it then so be it. the question is still about the cars over all performance. do you think a smoker wants to hear how bad it is to smoke every time they light up. all in all they both kill. but let them figure it out. or let their cars get impounded fo racing. but dont talk bad about it.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:50 AM

theres safe fast = track and then theres dangerous fast = street racing

not everyone who mods their car to go faster races their car.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:09 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

I agree that many people on this board want their cars to go fast. But I also believe that going fast needs to be done safely and legally. The track is the place for that.

While I generally don't flame other members, I do not agree with glorifying unsafe or illegal activities and I will state my opinion about that.

And if these activities are not the main point of their post, why are the talking about it in the first place?
Old 12-04-2004, 03:18 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Well newbies, realize that there is a section on this forum devoted to street racing but it is set up that you can only make posts on the weekend. This has been decided by the administrator and moderator team, so if you have issues about people getting flamed because they make a thread about racing an Integra, take it up with them. Until that time, people will get flamed for driving like idiots and racing on public streets putting themselves, their families and yours as well, in danger.

Please consult this section.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:16 AM
350 Detroit Muscle

I don't mod my car to go 140 on a freeway.

Like SEmy2K2go said, if you want to talk about streetracing, go to the right section.

BTW, this forum is not only dedicated on making cars go fast. It's also a place to come and ask for help when your car is having problems.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:34 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
Well newbies, realize that there is a section on this forum devoted to street racing but it is set up that you can only make posts on the weekend. This has been decided by the administrator and moderator team, so if you have issues about people getting flamed because they make a thread about racing an Integra, take it up with them. Until that time, people will get flamed for driving like idiots and racing on public streets putting themselves, their families and yours as well, in danger.

to what he said.... I think there's a difference between what's termed "spirited" driving and reckless street racing, which is maybe where some confusion lies... since its not like all of us drive at 5 below the speed limit or something, anyways, there's a reason why those threads get locked, moved, or deleted most of the time....
Old 12-04-2004, 06:04 AM
Oh hi....

Semy2K2go-
sooner02r1 and 03tgtmaxima-

take it to the appropriate place, which is the weekend battles forum, or some honda forum.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:35 AM
It's chrome alright...

IBTL,
Old 12-04-2004, 07:35 AM

Most people who have issues about those of us who have travlled high speeds on roadways do not have a clue as to the types of envirnments where this CAN be doen safely AND SAFER than on a track.

Come to rural Iowa where you can sse straight for five miles with NO trees, houses, intersecting roadways or any other cars for miles around. Just like the salt flats or driving through the desert except the sand is dirt.

High speeds around others-Im not into. But if its just yourself at risk, same as the track but better b/c you are all alone. Ive done many a top speed run w/o incident. If I even see the hint of another car or I can't see 1/2 a mile ahead clearly, I shut down. Have also done high speeds at a track and the road is safer at speed if you follow the guidelines I described... trust me on this one.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:39 AM

A lot of people mod their cars on here for acceleration, braking, and handling, not necessarily to fly down freeways at dangerous speeds.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bluesbrekr
I agree that many people on this board want their cars to go fast. But I also believe that going fast needs to be done safely and legally. The track is the place for that.

While I generally don't flame other members, I do not agree with glorifying unsafe or illegal activities and I will state my opinion about that.

And if these activities are not the main point of their post, why are the talking about it in the first place?

+1.

I am a young guy 22 but I am mature enough to know I would die if I were to hit a child or anybody for that manner. Most kids, and notice I did not say adults, have this notion that that will never happen to them. I have never personally know a kid who was hit but I have had near experiences where a child jumped in front of the car and if I had been messing around I would have hit them and probably KILLED THEM. Open your eyes people are living things with ones who love them and they are all over. The road is not made for racing and I pray you never hurt anybody so you can fulfill some urge to be dangerous. The best drivers are the ones who don't mess around on the road. I know I am a great driver because I realize how little control I, and EVERYBODY else, has when speeding or racing on the road. A good driver knows how little control they have in exigent circumstances whereas a bad driver does not.

Mark

I hope we flame the people who street race right out of the 5th gen forum....
Old 12-04-2004, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by sooner02r1
I am tired of seeing people getting flamed for mentioning in their posts something about driving fast or street racing, especially when that is not even the topic that they are wanting to discuss. Is driving fast not the purpose of having a car that will go fast??? Do you want people to just sit around and look at their performance parts and then drive like an old grandma??? What's that all about? Talk about what the thread is intended for or don't post in my opinion. It is crazy to talk bad about driving fast on a forum dedicated to MAKING CARS FAST.
I may be a noob to this forum but I have been posting on forums for over 6 years now, don't be a fool and race on the street, if the street was meant for racing it wouldn't be illegal! Go and buy Sport Compact Car Magazine issue January 2005 and read page 38, take a look at the pics and ask the victims of that street race crash, what they think about street racing now!!
Old 12-04-2004, 12:42 PM

I agree that street racing or putting anyone else's life in danger (passengers people racing you in another car, etc...) is dumb! Especially when you are in Waterloo, IA because as soon as you hit triple digits you are in Cedar Falls!
Old 12-04-2004, 01:07 PM

This thread is as retarded as Corky Thatcher.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by kratz74
Most people who have issues about those of us who have travlled high speeds on roadways do not have a clue as to the types of envirnments where this CAN be doen safely AND SAFER than on a track.

Come to rural Iowa where you can sse straight for five miles with NO trees, houses, intersecting roadways or any other cars for miles around.
Oh, you're right, hadn't thought of it that way. And since the majority of the US population (including those on this forum) live in rural Iowa, guess it's perfectly safe...

OR - what you described is actually a safe environment (or at least one that won't kill anyone else, which is equally okay) to which 99% of the forum members don't have access. Good for you for doing it right, most don't.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:51 PM
drag racing is for wussies

There is a hot girl in the passenger seat of this new RX8 and some dweeb driving it, and you know the Max has got it under controll, no other cars around. He revs up on ya, what are you going to do ? Please leave the rest of this little immaginary street race to yourself. If your mod your car, and drive it daily, PLEASE don't BS around and tell us that you never ever have romped on the car on the street, if you do I'ma call you a straight up liar. If you never push your cars acceleration to the limit while entering a highway or taking off from the toll both... I think you need to sell your car and get a Geo Metro or something like that. We don't mod our cars for sound ( unless your a ricer, louder means faster right ?) nor do car freshners and diff color bulbs really count as mods (gotta love some of your sig lines here). We don't mod our cars to get better gas mileage, we mod them to make more power ! More power means you want to have a car that accelerates faster, and I bet yo sweet azz you dont live ON a drag strip where your car just sees 1/4 mile runs all day long. If you don't have anything good to say bout going fast or what not, just STFU and don't say anything. Y2k2kev just sell your car and get a friggn Camry or something, you never EVER have anything good to say about ANYTHING. All you ever post is NEGATIVE things on this forum, just STFU. I will speed as fast as I want, and YOU aint going to stop me, Nissan has put that 160MPH speedo there for something, and **** I intend to peg it as much as I can.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:19 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

The point is, I'm not going to make a thread about it everytime some 18 yr old punk in his new RX8 comes up next to me and revs his engine. If I were to decide to make a thread about it, it would be placed in the appropriate section where you would expect to find it, not in the the general forum areas.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Need A Light?

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
There is a hot girl in the passenger seat of this new RX8 and some dweeb driving it, and you know the Max has got it under controll, no other cars around. He revs up on ya, what are you going to do ? Please leave the rest of this little immaginary street race to yourself. If your mod your car, and drive it daily, PLEASE don't BS around and tell us that you never ever have romped on the car on the street, if you do I'ma call you a straight up liar. If you never push your cars acceleration to the limit while entering a highway or taking off from the toll both... I think you need to sell your car and get a Geo Metro or something like that. We don't mod our cars for sound ( unless your a ricer, louder means faster right ?) nor do car freshners and diff color bulbs really count as mods (gotta love some of your sig lines here). We don't mod our cars to get better gas mileage, we mod them to make more power ! More power means you want to have a car that accelerates faster, and I bet yo sweet azz you dont live ON a drag strip where your car just sees 1/4 mile runs all day long. If you don't have anything good to say bout going fast or what not, just STFU and don't say anything. Y2k2kev just sell your car and get a friggn Camry or something, you never EVER have anything good to say about ANYTHING. All you ever post is NEGATIVE things on this forum, just STFU. I will speed as fast as I want, and YOU aint going to stop me, Nissan has put that 160MPH speedo there for something, and **** I intend to peg it as much as I can.
I can't agree with you anymore....

I am willing to bet almost 90% of the members on this board have at least one time in their lifetime owning a maxima.....have slammed on the gas to go fast......and i'm pretty darn sure that its with other motorists on the road at the same time you are......what difference does it make if your doing 60 to 120mph run by yourself.....and 60 to 120mph run with other car your racing? makes almost no difference....your breaking the law, your endangering other lives......i mean people on this board who bash on people who go fast need to STFU becuz i know all ya'll are just as guilty as they are....don't deny that you go fast....i know all ya'll do....I freakin find myself doing it sometimes.....

bottom line....if your on this forum thats dedicated to a car thats packing somewhere in the 200hp zone....don't tell me that you don't go fast in this car....cuz i know all ya'll do....and your just as guilty as the other members that you bash about...
Old 12-05-2004, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
The point is, I'm not going to make a thread about it everytime some 18 yr old punk in his new RX8 comes up next to me and revs his engine. If I were to decide to make a thread about it, it would be placed in the appropriate section where you would expect to find it, not in the the general forum areas.
don't listen to SEmy2k2go... I think he paid the admins to get his posts that high and now he's using it all against you and calling all of you n00bs

BUT if you still wanna discuss street racing go to MAXIMARACING.ORG and post about it all you want ANY TIME OF THE WEEK
Old 12-05-2004, 12:43 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by steven88
:bottom line....if your on this forum thats dedicated to a car thats packing somewhere in the 200hp zone....don't tell me that you don't go fast in this car....cuz i know all ya'll do....and your just as guilty as the other members that you bash about...
Then put that stuff in the right areas and not in the general forums. Please re-read post #5 in this thread because I'm not typing it again. Sprint and the moderator team have devoted ONE section on this forum for racing threads. Jesus is it that hard to grasp?

Old 12-05-2004, 12:49 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by carabuser
Keep quiet you