5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Dealership lost there mind!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 07:50 AM

Dealership lost there mind!

Just called to have my ecu reprogrammed, they tell me some bullyank that it will cost me 156 bucks to have this done. I asked the guy why so much for 15 minutes of work. No awnswer to the question, but he told me that it will cost 156 bucks like i never heard him the first time. I told him that i have a Am600 MAFS on my 02' and he said that an aftermarket MAFS will not work with a reprogram. Huh? Aftermarket? I told him the AM600 MAfs came equiped on late 02' production Maxima's and 03' model Maxima's. Oh really he said, well i have to look this up sir.So i wait 2 minutes before he finds out that i was telling the truth. He then proceeed to tell me that i shouldn't use the Am600 MAFS , because i have an early 02 production Maxima and it will cause my failure to my ecu! I tell him many people upgrade to the Am600 Mafs because its durable and more reliable than the older models. Silence...then he says that if i do get the reprogram done , that i will still have to pay them 156 dollars regardless the reprogram works or not. I hung up the phone......

Guys in the Orlando area Classic Nissan sucks big ones!!! Reed Nissan, i won't even drive a tire tread on there lot. I watched to many service guys get beat up by disgruntal customers......

Fellas were should i go for good service,don't want to drive to Deland Nissan the best dealership in the south , but i may have to since Classic Nissan turned deaf, stupid and crooked.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Daily Driver2k2
Just called to have my ecu reprogrammed, they tell me some bullyank that it will cost me 156 bucks to have this done. I asked the guy why so much for 15 minutes of work. No awnswer to the question, but he told me that it will cost 156 bucks like i never heard him the first time. I told him that i have a Am600 MAFS on my 02' and he said that an aftermarket MAFS will not work with a reprogram. Huh? Aftermarket? I told him the AM600 MAfs came equiped on late 02' production Maxima's and 03' model Maxima's. Oh really he said, well i have to look this up sir.So i wait 2 minutes before he finds out that i was telling the truth. He then proceeed to tell me that i shouldn't use the Am600 MAFS , because i have an early 02 production Maxima and it will cause my failure to my ecu! I tell him many people upgrade to the Am600 Mafs because its durable and more reliable than the older models. Silence...then he says that if i do get the reprogram done , that i will still have to pay them 156 dollars regardless the reprogram works or not. I hung up the phone......

Guys in the Orlando area Classic Nissan sucks big ones!!! Reed Nissan, i won't even drive a tire tread on there lot. I watched to many service guys get beat up by disgruntal customers......

Fellas were should i go for good service,don't want to drive to Deland Nissan the best dealership in the south , but i may have to since Classic Nissan turned deaf, stupid and crooked.
Wow, talk about lack of knowledge. It sounds like that stealership is full of idiots that only know numbers aka 156. Even if you pay for an hour labor for reprogram, it shouldn't be more then $89/h. Talk about big time crooks. If I was you, i'd never go or call them for anything.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:44 PM

is this covered in 8/80 warranty? my stealership wants $330 for 02 sensor + ECU reprogram. I'm gonna try to push for a warranty for the ECU program
Old 03-04-2005, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin
is this covered in 8/80 warranty? my stealership wants $330 for 02 sensor + ECU reprogram. I'm gonna try to push for a warranty for the ECU program
Unless you have an extended warranty the cost is going to come out of your own pocket. I had the same work done on my Max last month and argued with them about it and got nowhere.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:49 AM

call nissan of north america... thats what i did when my stealership wanted to charge me $80 to reprogram my TCM and i felt like it should have been warrantied. Nissan agreed, i called them and told them that NISSAN said it was warrantied B***H
Old 03-04-2005, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by upstatemax
call nissan of north america... thats what i did when my stealership wanted to charge me $80 to reprogram my TCM and i felt like it should have been warrantied. Nissan agreed, i called them and told them that NISSAN said it was warrantied B***H

how many miles were on your car?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:35 AM

Stealerships should only charge an hour for this, which is about $90/hour. $156. Damnit, even $90 is total robbery, as it takes about five minutes.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by SkoorbMax
Stealerships should only charge an hour for this, which is about $90/hour. $156. Damnit, even $90 is total robbery, as it takes about five minutes.
It took a lot longer than 5 minutes when I had mine done. It took nearly an hour and you could not touch anything or open any doors/trunk while it was connected to the Consult tool.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:48 AM

$89 is the workmanship rate per hour as Sammzway indicated. If I didn't know better, I'd say they were trying to rip you off! Star Service here in NY has great service . Too bad you're in FL .
Old 03-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

every dealer in Florida sucks big time.. dont take the car to Universal Nissan either, these people will Rape you big time and will never fix your car..... so now the question is where in Florida could you take your car.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Lontar1
every dealer in Florida sucks big time.. dont take the car to Universal Nissan either, these people will Rape you big time and will never fix your car..... so now the question is where in Florida could you take your car.

Lakeland baby!!!!

Jenkins Nissan! Right off of exit 33!!!!! As soon as get off the I-4, turn right and there about 1 mile down on the right hand side. My appointment is Thursday!

There going to do my reprogram and advance my timing to 17 degrees. no questions asked, master tech i talked to has done it before on many nissan vehicles. I say call them up before they turn shady too......
Old 03-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

Lakeland baby!!!!

Jenkins Nissan! Right off of exit 33!!!!! As soon as get off the I-$, turn right and there about 1 mile down on the right hand side. My appointment is Thurday!
let me know how it goes...
Old 03-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Play with my balls

if you want things done right from people who know what they're talking about.....then don't take your car to the Stealership. My .02
Old 03-04-2005, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
if you want things done right from people who know what they're talking about.....then don't take your car to the Stealership. My .02

I agree with ya, but how and where , would you get the reprogram done at? its not like you can buy a consult scan tool at your local auto parts store...
Old 03-04-2005, 08:35 AM

let me know how it goes...

Will do man!
Old 03-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
You are right but, sometimes they take advantage of you..... I took my car not the Max to do some repairs, the guy came back with a bill that I almost kill him, after talking to the guy and dealing with the situation he came down in the price to a better price, trust he is not getting any more business from me, but you will need to rely on other people to find a good mechanic that will charge you for the time he spend in your car and not what a book tell him to charge.......
Old 03-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Play with my balls

I agree with ya, but how and where , would you get the reprogram done at? its not like you can buy a consult scan tool at your local auto parts store...

There must be some type of Tuning Shop specific to Nissan nearby, or even a mechanic that is Nissan Specific.

I've found most of my best places through word of mouth. Flipping open the yellow pages and throwing a dart hasn't seem to work for me yet. Ask the SPEC-V/350z guys in your area.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:47 AM

I just came back from the dealer, the "Check Engine Soon" light is on and they quoted exactly the same plus 80 dls for the diagnostic. So, I decided to do some research and let the 80 bucks to get lost since the guy told me that even if I came back next week he would charge me 80 bucks again to re run the diagnostic.
Anyways, Has anybody gone to a local mechanic ? or maybe I just pay to the dealer and give him my greetings
Old 03-04-2005, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sizzo718
$89 is the workmanship rate per hour as Sammzway indicated. If I didn't know better, I'd say they were trying to rip you off! Star Service here in NY has great service . Too bad you're in FL .

Is that the one in the bronx?
Old 03-04-2005, 09:57 AM

Not Sandy Sansing in Pensacola.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Zero Deuce SE
Not Sandy Sansing in Pensacola.

Also another great dealership is Deland nissan , i think there one of the best Nissan dealerships in the area, they always are getting awards for customer satisfaction.They don't try to jerk you around either, honest and respectable and they treat you like a human being. Inly down side its about a hour drive from orlando, and i don't feel like driving that far out. But had work done on my car when i lived there.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Wat

The best dealership (for service) is bill ray nissan. Make sure you PM me before you go.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:20 PM

sorry for a intermediate question, but what month of production did nissan start to use the newer design maf? my is 03/02
Old 03-04-2005, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Maximum Performance
sorry for a intermediate question, but what month of production did nissan start to use the newer design maf? my is 03/02

If i am not mistaken, and please somebody correct me if i am wrong, i think Nissan started using them in 9/02-12/02.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:33 PM

the warranty documentation states that the ECM is covered on 8/80. is that a different component then the ECU ?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:37 PM

Ok I don't want to steal this thread but my SES came on and I had it diagnosed at an AutoZone, turns out its a MAF sensor code. My car runs fine as it is but should I look into upgrading the sensors? What's this speak of reprogramming, does the ecu have to be reprogrammed with an upgraded sensor?