5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Looking into Frankencar intake and catback exhaust..

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 06:38 PM

Looking into Frankencar intake and catback exhaust..

What I am wanting to find out since I am a newb at this stuff is.. Is Frankencar a reliable company for quality products and shipping? Prices seem great so I hope they are good. Also, since I am a newb, would it make any sense to get a Warpspeed Y Pipe with the Frankencar catback exhaust? And how much of a gain will I get? Thanks a lot for any info.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:50 PM
retired moderator

you will get all kinds of responses to this question, so here's a synopsis:

- there have been some issues with FC shipping, but they are good guys who make good stuff, even if shipping may be a bit slow.
- the intake is good quality. I have one, and am very happy with it.
-the catback is gorgeous, nice and quiet, but a little heavier than stock exhaust. The locals who have it love it.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:24 PM
The Definitive AE Master

they are back with a new attitude, ready to expel any myths and sorts of bad dealings they had in the past.

I've bought two midpipes from them before with no communication in between and it took several weeks to get the pipes. I am under the impression that they have found a new powder coater to help with potential delays.

I also just bought a b-pipe from them, excellent communication through email and polite. I'm expecting it this saturday
Old 03-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Okay, here I go once again:

I have a Frankencar cat-back and like Irish said, it looks classy, sounds great (not obnoxious) and it is of great quality. Even coupled with my Cattman y-pipe its not loud at all... I think its barely louder than stock. As for Frankencar's service, I've never had a problem, it might be slow for some people, but they're good guys and ya won't get ripped off. I can say that they are not good with emails, but Scott returns calls quickly and I never had a problem getting a hold of him. My cat-back was shipped the day after I Paypaled the money and it was here w/in 3 days. So that's my story, but I will warn ya that others have had no responses and long shipping times...
Old 03-15-2005, 08:29 PM

And for the visual effects :

They have sound and video clips of the exhaust and intake here:

www.frankencar.com/media
Old 03-15-2005, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaHunty
Also, since I am a newb, would it make any sense to get a Warpspeed Y Pipe with the Frankencar catback exhaust? And how much of a gain will I get? Thanks a lot for any info.
I missed this question before... yes, I think it'll be good to do it all together... you can be sure that the FC cat-back isn't too loud, so adding the y-pipe will give ya some gains w/o making it sound too bad. I'm not sure what the gains are for a 3.0, but I can say its pretty substantial for the cost... definitely worth it...

Maybe 10-12 whp for the VQ30...? Anyone?
Old 03-15-2005, 10:16 PM

Don't know about now, but ordering from Frankencar used to be a test of patience. I ordered my intake Christmas of '03 and didn't get it until the end of March in '04. Yup, 4 months. I sent numerous emails and didn't get a reply. I called several times and couldn't reach anyone. I finally got a response when I left a message mentioning the BBB and contact from a lawyer. Turns out they had no problem taking my money but somehow had lost the order entirely. I gotta say though, I haven't heard any intake that sounds like it. It's a very addicting sound.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:19 PM
The Definitive AE Master

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster

Maybe 10-12 whp for the VQ30...? Anyone?
yea, sounds about right
Old 03-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Bigger than Jesus

Frankencar makes a good product. I have their rear section and I love it. Customer service could have been better. I sent 3 emails and made 2 phone calls. Finally my phone call was returned. Check this thread out too for more info on them... http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=327117 I guess I was frustrated b/c they took my paypal on 12/21 and didn't respond to my communications with them until 1/12 to tell me my order was shipping. They offered no explanation for the delayed response. I'll never order from them again.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:30 AM

Well thanks for all the responses and info. It sounds like they have great products but take to long to ship, but I can be patient for good quality, low price parts. But all the information was very helpful, thank you to all who replied!
Old 03-16-2005, 05:35 AM

I live about an hour from there and i plan on going up there next thursday to pick up an intake. Skip the shipping bs.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaHunty
Well thanks for all the responses and info. It sounds like they have great products but take to long to ship, but I can be patient for good quality, low price parts. But all the information was very helpful, thank you to all who replied!
No problem... lemme know if ya have more questions about the exhaust... and yeah, all the best with that customer service and shipping... hope ya get it quickly...

Originally Posted by jimmycapp
I live about an hour from there and i plan on going up there next thursday to pick up an intake. Skip the shipping bs.
Might be a good idea....