5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Hid Theft Has Hit Orlando!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 04:39 AM

Hid Theft Has Hit Orlando!

Well i thought i would never see the day, especially down here in O-town .....until yesterday, when cruising down I-4 and saw 2k2/2k3 burgandy max with no HIDS and no grill get behind me.Wires were blowing in the wind.... Felt sick to my stomach when i saw it and was getting pissed of just the thought of some coward spineless f-a-g stealing our headlights.

From the looks of it it look like it happened that same day....

Fellow Max riders in O-town , keep on the watch and be careful!
Old 06-07-2005, 06:31 AM

There was a recent post on here by someone who got their lights stolen down that way. High-end cars like Porsche have been getting their lights stolen in FL for awhile now and it looks like they are starting to target the Max. It was only a matter of time.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:38 AM

damn that sux, i have a 2k but i will be getting HID retro soon. Time to watch the place i park then.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:42 AM
XGaSpAcHo

and here i thought this was dying down.

i try to back in to parking spots whenever i can now after someone tried to steal mine. that way, if the bishes want to try and steal them they'll be in the open.

Old 06-07-2005, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by amomaxima
damn that sux, i have a 2k but i will be getting HID retro soon. Time to watch the place i park then.

Yeah be careful , especially around the Church street area , under I-4 where you have to park, not to much security on the weekends. Alot of shady folks just wandering around in the parking area. Also around the Lake underhill,Conway, Azelia Park area, i spoke to a friend of mine who is a Lieutantant and he said these areas are very high crime areas, as well as the attraction areas.

Just be weary of were you park....
Old 06-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just a solution i've come up with since i'm a 5th gen with 2k2-2k3 HIDS is I bought these ventshade blackout light cover for my max a while back. So everytime I park by the mall or a parking lot, I just slap on those blackout cover and you can't tell i got HIDS. I've had my HIDS for about 3 or so months so far and i'm in NYC Queens, and no problems YET (knock on wood).
Old 06-07-2005, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sammzway
Just a solution i've come up with since i'm a 5th gen with 2k2-2k3 HIDS is I bought these ventshade blackout light cover for my max a while back. So everytime I park by the mall or a parking lot, I just slap on those blackout cover and you can't tell i got HIDS. I've had my HIDS for about 3 or so months so far and i'm in NYC Queens, and no problems YET (knock on wood).
Due to the HID theft problem, I've been considering getting those light covers AND a pair of Y2k/2K1 SE taillamps for my 02 Maxima. I figure if I could disguise my 5.5G as a 5G, it might be a little more secure.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:20 AM

Man thats a good idea!!!!
Where did you order yours from?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

exactly the reason im so hesitant on getting hid's.
i'll probably get some HID kit & fit it into my current headlights.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Sanduguero

A thief knows these cars and know how a 2k2/03 looks like they have not gotten to you is because of luck here in NY there is no enjoyment having a max... Thiefs are shifting from hondas to maximas...IMO

things that will give away a max 2k2-03 Rear lights and grill....
Old 06-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Sanduguero

Originally Posted by Playero
A thief knows these cars and know how a 2k2/03 looks like they have not gotten to you is because of luck here in NY there is no enjoyment having a max... Thiefs are shifting from hondas to maximas...IMO

things that will give away a max 2k2-03 Rear lights and grill....

and if you have a 2000 with covers guess what....it brings more attention to your whip...
Old 06-08-2005, 02:34 PM

Any one know of these problems on the westcoast (westcoast board is pretty dead)?
Old 06-08-2005, 03:51 PM

HID lawsuit In NJ

Speaking of which, the attorney general that filed the lawsuit in NJ, was thrown out. So good luck with these guys down in FL trying to sue Nissan!!
Old 06-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

I got mine installed a few months ago.... soon Viper going in and keeping a close eye on it..... but if a thief is going to steal them... well there is nothing I can do...
Old 06-09-2005, 12:25 AM

yikes, good luck, i hope they don't hit in FL
Old 06-09-2005, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Playero
and if you have a 2000 with covers guess what....it brings more attention to your whip...
You're right. It might bring attention to my whip for the cover, but not as much attention as seeing the HIDS just sitting there waiting to be grabbed. Atleast the cover might throw ppl off for a bit until and unless they REALLY start being suspecious. But anywho, the next best thing you can do next to getting the covers would be selling your hids and getting AE headlights. The thing is once you go HIDS, you can not and will not return to halogens. I'd rather just sell my 5th gen maxima and buy something else.

For the people that asked me where I got my ventshade light covers. I bought them off of another orger. I believe he has another set that he's selling.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=406545
Old 06-09-2005, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by TXT-1
There was a recent post on here by someone who got their lights stolen down that way. High-end cars like Porsche have been getting their lights stolen in FL for awhile now and it looks like they are starting to target the Max. It was only a matter of time.
That was me. Actually my girlfriends. But it ended up costing about 4 G's to fix it. $1200 was the wiring for the lights.

About a month before this happened she got something in the mail about people from Florida suing Nissan about this problem. So, it has at least been a problem in Florida for a while now, I guess it is just getting to Orlando.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:33 PM

wow i had mine stolen in the summer of 03 but nothing has happened since and I believe this has died down (or maybe because I am rarely on this site so I don't see these threads and become paranoid all over agan )
Old 06-09-2005, 10:02 PM

well i stay in florida and today as a matter of fact i was talking to one of my boy's. he was telling me that two of his friends got cought stealling H.I.D's and got 5 years for it.. You know thats good and im happy that its like that in florida , i think they should of gotten 10 years for that . what do you guyz think????too harsh?
Old 06-09-2005, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Anuj
wow i had mine stolen in the summer of 03 but nothing has happened since and I believe this has died down (or maybe because I am rarely on this site so I don't see these threads and become paranoid all over agan )
you are not the only one thats paranoid . Me i cant sleep at night because of it
Old 06-10-2005, 03:21 AM

Are you sure they got 5 years that seems kinda hard to believe for stealing hids? Maybe they were running a chop shop and had hids in it and a sh#T load of other parts and cars??

Originally Posted by danger300z
well i stay in florida and today as a matter of fact i was talking to one of my boy's. he was telling me that two of his friends got cought stealling H.I.D's and got 5 years for it.. You know thats good and im happy that its like that in florida , i think they should of gotten 10 years for that . what do you guyz think????too harsh?
Old 06-10-2005, 05:29 AM

Well that is a pretty smart idea, but you are still missing a few things here. Like one other org member said, thieves are very familiar with these cars and even if you try to disguise your car something will give you away. If the thief just simply looks inside your 02/03 max and see that the shifter is the gated type and looks at the instrument panel then he/she will know that it's not a 00 or 01 Max. Then after knowing that, I think we all know the next thing they'll check. That's right your H.I.D's.

Remember if they really want them they will find a way to get them no matter what. We can't watch our cars 24/7, but you can reduce that possibility of something happening by carefully watching where you park especially at night time and always try to park with the front of the car facing out in that way it's in the open.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:41 AM

Man and i am thinking about moving to jacksonville....It's a know problem in Boston but now florida. Damn WTF
Old 06-10-2005, 07:55 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Damn this sucks, my fiance's family and I are going to be moving down to Orlando, FL to take over a resturant and the last thing I need is for my I35 or G35 headlights to be stolen. I thought Orlando was a safe area, and here I go thinking I am going to get some nice wheels and put my suspension on finally (sitting in boxes in my shed) so, I can look good in florida. I don't know if i want to attract attention to my car now.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by blkONblk01
Are you sure they got 5 years that seems kinda hard to believe for stealing hids? Maybe they were running a chop shop and had hids in it and a sh#T load of other parts and cars??
Well my friend told me that they got greddy and whent back for more so i guess they got cought doing something else . I thinks that its federal thats why its five years
Old 06-10-2005, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by leeI35
Damn this sucks, my fiance's family and I are going to be moving down to Orlando, FL to take over a resturant and the last thing I need is for my I35 or G35 headlights to be stolen. I thought Orlando was a safe area, and here I go thinking I am going to get some nice wheels and put my suspension on finally (sitting in boxes in my shed) so, I can look good in florida. I don't know if i want to attract attention to my car now.
yup man I whent to the airport to pick up my friend and guess what there was a G35 coupe with the two fenders mest up and the headlights gone ... i felt sorry for the person who owend that car. SO i guess we are not the only ones getting targeted..
Old 06-10-2005, 11:51 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Originally Posted by danger300z
yup man I whent to the airport to pick up my friend and guess what there was a G35 coupe with the two fenders mest up and the headlights gone ... i felt sorry for the person who owend that car. SO i guess we are not the only ones getting targeted..
Well it looks like I will have to get the BLEEP BLEEP VIPER ON! Or shock sensor mod put on before I go down to FL next couple of months. GRRRR.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:53 AM

man please do your self a favor and do!! because its getting out of hands!!!
Old 06-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

it is not that bad... I have seen only one.. in 4 years.....and I drive everywhere between central florida..... as I always said.. if they want your HID's they will steal them no matter waht.... so just be careful where you park..