5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

cl-s and tl-s

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 08:42 AM
a33

does anyone actually know for sure if they are faster or not??
i ve seen a lot of people say that the auto max's can beat them, but i personally dont believe it, although i would believe that the manual and cl-s, tl-s would be a tight race...
anyone with actual facts for sure????
i am planning to go test drive one to see if that car is really that fast
cuz 260 horses is no joke on a car of a similar size
Old 05-23-2001, 08:53 AM

Old 05-23-2001, 08:59 AM

ummm can we just dead this subject? i mean its getting quite annoying... kev kill it before it escalates...
Old 05-23-2001, 09:03 AM

HOLD ON...!

The answer to end all questions about this...the 5 speed Max is faster.

OK, you can close it now
Old 05-23-2001, 09:04 AM
a33

i know it is getting annoying, but i havnet seen one guy with the actual experience with both cars
only way to end this subject is to go test it and see if it actually is faster
kev: you can shut this down if you want
i dont really care
i just wanted to tell you guys that i am going to test one soon and come back to tell you if S's are actually faster or not

so that no one will talk BS anymore
Old 05-23-2001, 09:07 AM

Originally posted by chengkumcheung
i know it is getting annoying, but i havnet seen one guy with the actual experience with both cars
only way to end this subject is to go test it and see if it actually is faster
kev: you can shut this down if you want
i dont really care
i just wanted to tell you guys that i am going to test one soon and come back to tell you if S's are actually faster or not

so that no one will talk BS anymore

how will you tell if one is faster than the other? ur butt dyno? i can tell you that there are a lot of cars faster than the Max and just dont feel it... even my GS i feel like im going faster in the Maxima then in the GS which is obviously not the case... i know i have experience racing ONE and i have my results... as soon as i have a chance to race another one i will see what happends... they are really really close to each other and thats it... damn...
Old 05-23-2001, 09:12 AM

does anyone actually know for sure if they are faster or not??
i ve seen a lot of people say that the auto max's can beat them, but i personally dont believe it, although i would believe that the manual and cl-s, tl-s would be a tight race...
anyone with actual facts for sure????
i am planning to go test drive one to see if that car is really that fast
cuz 260 horses is no joke on a car of a similar size
AMEN BROTHER!! I doubt if a person w/ a TL-S or a CL-S was really racing that they would lose to a automatic Maxima. I can tell you that the CL-S does the 1/4mi in ~14.9 and the TL-S in 15.1, while a automatic Maxima gets ~15.7. the numbers speak for themselves, i doubt a automatic maxima beats either.

But a 5spd Maxima can win depending on the driver. You should wait and test drive the 6spd.
Old 05-23-2001, 09:13 AM
a33

gs and the max

if you feel like you are going faster in the max than in the gs then i dont know what your problem is, cuz i know how fast a car is when im driving it, it is too obvious
Old 05-23-2001, 09:19 AM

Originally posted by Mugen13

AMEN BROTHER!! I doubt if a person w/ a TL-S or a CL-S was really racing that they would lose to a automatic Maxima. I can tell you that the CL-S does the 1/4mi in ~14.9 and the TL-S in 15.1, while a automatic Maxima gets ~15.7. the numbers speak for themselves, i doubt a automatic maxima beats either.

But a 5spd Maxima can win depending on the driver. You should wait and test drive the 6spd.

did you not get my post? did you not see my post when I RACED my friend from a Dead Stop with a 3rd Person counting off and then I RACED him through the twisties? did you happend to just look over that one... didnt catch your eye? i guess u just didnt want to see it but its ok... i got nothing to prove to u...

I dont know what you drive but its prob a HonDUH since u got the Mugen name... so i guess u favoring the honduhs... but the fact stands at that i BEAT a CL-S that 1 time and if i have a chance to race another one I definatly will... I cant tell you the results but when it happends i definatly will
Old 05-23-2001, 09:21 AM

Re: gs and the max

if you feel like you are going faster in the max than in the gs then i dont know what your problem is, cuz i know how fast a car is when im driving it, it is too obvious

ummmm how bout no scott.... did you ever drive a GS or sit in one? i can be doing 90-100 mph down the highway and i will feel like im doing 40... unless you experience it for yourself you will not know what im talking about...
Old 05-23-2001, 09:26 AM
a33

gs

i know what kind of feeling youre talking about, i drive bigger cars almost everday
mercedes are obviously heavier than gs, that being a japanese car, and at the same time faster and steadier, but i can still obviously tell the difference between the car's acceleration
Old 05-23-2001, 09:27 AM
a33

lets stop this

ok
i think i will stop right here
i will just go test drive the tl-s and cl-s and not say anything, if that person wants to say that he won with an auto max thats fine, maybe he ctually did, cuz sometimes auto cars seem to have lazy days, some of my auto cars have lazy days too..
Old 05-23-2001, 09:36 AM

Re: lets stop this

ok
i think i will stop right here
i will just go test drive the tl-s and cl-s and not say anything, if that person wants to say that he won with an auto max thats fine, maybe he ctually did, cuz sometimes auto cars seem to have lazy days, some of my auto cars have lazy days too..
if you have a car with a lot of torque, you will feel like you are going faster...i used to drive an expedition and that had 260hp and i think 345 lb. ft. torque...that thing feels faster than my max because of all of the torque, but my max can kill it in every single category...butt dyno's are only good when you do mods to a car that you are used to...its difficult to compare 2 different cars with a butt dyno...go and drive an expedition after the cl-s and you say whats feels faster...torque is the feeling
Old 05-23-2001, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by psing23
did you not get my post? did you not see my post when I RACED my friend from a Dead Stop with a 3rd Person counting off and then I RACED him through the twisties? did you happend to just look over that one... didnt catch your eye? i guess u just didnt want to see it but its ok... i got nothing to prove to u...
Yeah, you beat a guy in a CL-S that was talking trash and lost, and had an extra person in the car - but he was trash talking and he deserved it. Not exactly a fair race, though, but he was asking for it and he got it.

Originally posted by psing23
I dont know what you drive but its prob a HonDUH since u got the Mugen name... so i guess u favoring the honduhs... but the fact stands at that i BEAT a CL-S that 1 time and if i have a chance to race another one I definatly will... I cant tell you the results but when it happends i definatly will
"HonDUH??" Come on, man - you're not impressing me very much now. Show some respect for your fellow imports. I don't come on here and make fun of Nissan. I could - but I don't. I'm above that. And besides, I like Maxima's too. BTW, Mugen13 is a fellow Accord V6'er.

(sorry guys, but one thing I will do is come to the defense of my own when I feel they've been unjustly attacked - you can beat up on Civic's all you want, though - we do! )

later,
Old 05-23-2001, 10:19 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I've told you guys before and I'll say it again... my Nissan Pulsar will smoke all three cars.