5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Raced a TL-S on Thursday

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2001, 10:20 AM

Hey guys, I thought you may like this. I posted the thread on the Acura TL Forum Raced Stories in reply to "Sweet...smoked a Maxima last night"

Enjoy...

http://www.acura-cl.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=3&t=000303

http://www.acura-cl.com/cgi-bin/ulti...?ubb=forum&f=3

----------------------------------
AMSA
2001 Maxima SE AE 5-Speed
Canadian Edition
Sterling Mist
Old 08-11-2001, 10:51 AM

it would be cool if you dont start any more flame because those bastards always talks about Maxima. They talk **** about Maximas because they know we are powerful and that we are a threat to them.....

they dont talk any **** about Millenia or GS300 because they are not a threat to the CL-S. But because the Max is a great threat to them, they tend to be more sensetive.
Old 08-11-2001, 12:26 PM
RussMaxManiac

Well it seems they got this thing with any other car that is competition with them. Their all slower! All their cars are fast, no one can beat them!

Originally posted by LoveSick
it would be cool if you dont start any more flame because those bastards always talks about Maxima. They talk **** about Maximas because they know we are powerful and that we are a threat to them.....

they dont talk any **** about Millenia or GS300 because they are not a threat to the CL-S. But because the Max is a great threat to them, they tend to be more sensetive.

Old 08-11-2001, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by amsa
Hey guys, I thought you may like this. I posted the thread on the Acura TL Forum Raced Stories in reply to "Sweet...smoked a Maxima last night"

Enjoy...

http://www.acura-cl.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=3&t=000303

http://www.acura-cl.com/cgi-bin/ulti...?ubb=forum&f=3

----------------------------------
AMSA
2001 Maxima SE AE 5-Speed
Canadian Edition
Sterling Mist
TL/TLS people are invincible, remember, with their computech headers, it is their perception that they can beat anything on the road....I bet that it will be quite difficult for them to see the road since their nose is so high....fortunately, not all TL/TLS owners are like that though.

Reading their forumn once in awhile has me to draw this conclusion, profanity and ignorance w/out facts reign supreme.....well, next to their invincible cars that is....
I "enjoy" the chance when a TL/TLS lines up with me a light..peace.
Old 08-12-2001, 08:44 AM

It's too bad people can't all get along, but the best thing for "us" to do here at the Maxima BBS is to not all worked up about what other people say about our cars. Who cares if a TL-S is faster, or if the TL-S driver thinks he is faster. Talk is just talk, and it's cheap.
Old 08-12-2001, 10:09 PM

Acura CL Type-S

Ok for those who are familiar with ozone park, some kid who is my cousins friend just got a type-s, he takes my cousin for a drive my cousin says the car is fast. i make the block and saw the kid leaving so i went on 109 ave. and went right up to his bumper then being the guy i am, i went on the wrong side and floored it...he seen me comming up so he presses the gas as well, needless to say it wasnt a fair race due to my fast and furious driving on the wrong lane but he had the nerve to pop **** that he beat me HAHA if this is what CL-S drivers do then for sure Maximas' have nothin to fear...im looking at 1/4 miles and not a race to canada.. i also feel with the addition of the STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake that i have now he wont be leaving me...in fact i should have him thinking "maybe a maxima is what i shoulda purchased"
Old 08-13-2001, 12:03 AM

ya, lets them say what they want to say, but like what one of them said, our cars as well as theirs werent made for racing...i dont think at least...if both our cars were 2 door cars i would understand it more, but it is not... it is fun to race and fun to brag, but like sum tl/tls/cl/s and many other sport sedan owners, even sum of us, it is a sports sedan, not a sports coupe...
but ya its fun... ill still talk **** to other cars, but i wont like how other car pple do take my level of **** talking to a somehwhat high level.. its just fun and jokes ...
so lets supe up our cars, and race others, lets just not let this get into our heads, if we really wanted to race we would buy sports cars like the rsx or wrx etc etc.. right?
i hope no one gets mad at this post, it was not intended to... peace!
Old 08-13-2001, 12:14 AM

The Nissan Maxima is a great car. The Acura TL is a nice car, the Ford Taurus is a piece of crap, but safe crap. End it at that.
Old 08-13-2001, 12:33 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Acura Posts

i hate reading their posts...i usually avoid their posts bc its just frustrating as to how much **** they talk, everytime i read their posts i wanna write sumthin but im too damned lazy to go through the process, i still stand by the max all the way, but my decision might be a little biased, heh.
Old 08-13-2001, 08:28 AM

I was a few cars back from a CL-S on Saturday. We were on a road with several stop lights, ranging from 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile between them. This guy in the CL-S kept flooring it away from the lights, instigating races with a Neon R/T and then a Grand Cherokee. (I think there was a Grand Prix GT that he showed off in front of also.) So I finally made my way up and got next to him at a light. He looked over so I thought for sure he was going to do the same thing he had done at the last 4-5 lights. But this light changed and I floored it (had that Grand Cherokee on the other side of me too) but he didn't even try. He accelerated like a grandma. (The G.C. did run me but I left him several lengths behind.)

So, do you suppose the guy in the CL-S saw that I was in a 2K Maxima and decided not to push his luck (even though ours is auto so I wouldn't have beat him anyway)? It sure seemed to me like he was intimidated by the mighty Max.