5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I have the FACTORY ALARM SCHEMATICS but I need help reading them!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 04:09 PM

Hey guys I posted a couple days ago but no one seemed to reply so i decided to start a new thread entirely.

First of all I have the Electronic Portion of the service manual in PDF format up for download its 11mb

http://ourworld.cs.com/mastapirate/el.pdf

Second I need someone to PLEASE explain to me in dumb *** terms (for me) how to connect a sensor to our factory alarms.

I found something similar to the ITS on ebya for 30 bucks, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...453598&r=0&t=0 the connection directions are like this:

I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR HELP, THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE
Old 08-22-2001, 06:07 PM
BuddyWh

Is this a proximity sensor you want to add to an otherwise stock Maxima alarm system? I'll assume it is...

I assume you will mount the unit under the hood... much easier to wire this way.

First, connect the unit's power lead:
Get an in-line fuseholder and fuse of the value recommended by the manufacturer. Splice one end to the red wire of the unit, and connect the other to the battery positive terminal.
OR
Probe (with a VOM) an under-hood fuse block for an appropriate fused location that retains power after key-off and attach the red lead there.

Then the unit's ground lead:
Connect the black lead of the unit to any nearby screw that attaches directly into a metal chassis point; probably a screw you used to mount the MATRIX unit itself.

Finally, the important part, the trigger lead:
splice this lead (based on your diagram it could be either white or brown) to the yellow/red wire that connects to the hood security switch. Look on page EL-277 of the service manual for location; it's easy to spot, right in front of the battery which I hope you will disconnect before starting work.

I only have your diagram for reference, but it looks like the MATRIX unit pulls the trigger lead to ground whenever it detects a proximity violation. That is exactly what the hood switch does when the hood opens... so the Maxima's alarm system will sound as though someone had attempted to open the hood when someone enters the area while the system is armed.

Hope this helps.

By the way... do you happen to have any other portions of the service manual in PDF available? Like powertrain, suspension, chassis, etc. Thanks a lot.

Old 08-23-2001, 05:30 AM

Originally posted by BuddyWh
Is this a proximity sensor you want to add to an otherwise stock Maxima alarm system? I'll assume it is...

I assume you will mount the unit under the hood... much easier to wire this way.

First, connect the unit's power lead:
Get an in-line fuseholder and fuse of the value recommended by the manufacturer. Splice one end to the red wire of the unit, and connect the other to the battery positive terminal.
OR
Probe (with a VOM) an under-hood fuse block for an appropriate fused location that retains power after key-off and attach the red lead there.

Then the unit's ground lead:
Connect the black lead of the unit to any nearby screw that attaches directly into a metal chassis point; probably a screw you used to mount the MATRIX unit itself.

Finally, the important part, the trigger lead:
splice this lead (based on your diagram it could be either white or brown) to the yellow/red wire that connects to the hood security switch. Look on page EL-277 of the service manual for location; it's easy to spot, right in front of the battery which I hope you will disconnect before starting work.

I only have your diagram for reference, but it looks like the MATRIX unit pulls the trigger lead to ground whenever it detects a proximity violation. That is exactly what the hood switch does when the hood opens... so the Maxima's alarm system will sound as though someone had attempted to open the hood when someone enters the area while the system is armed.

Hope this helps.

By the way... do you happen to have any other portions of the service manual in PDF available? Like powertrain, suspension, chassis, etc. Thanks a lot.
hey thanks this helps a little bit more, like i said when i mailed yah: just the electronic portion sorry