5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Weapon R intake (split from sticky)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 10:22 PM

weapon r intake??

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
IceY2K1's fog light rewire

This is an explanation of how to wire your fog lights to operate with just the running lights on. Sorry, no pics available, however it's pretty simple. The factory setup only allows you to have them on with the low beams. This setup allows the fog light switch to still turn the fogs on/off, however the fogs still turn off once the brights are activated. I ran out of time to figure out how to provide the ground that was removed once the brights are turned on causing the fogs to turn off.

Directions:

0)DISCONNECT BATTERY!!!!

1) Remove passenger-side engine bay relay block cover 2-snaps. I also removed the coolant resevior to make things easier.

2) Remove the snaps to separate the middle section from the bottom. This step is to gain access to the bottom side of the BLUE foglight selinoids'(Top left corner of box) 4-wires.

3) Cut the Yellow wire with 2-silver horizontal bands leaving PLENTY of slack to splice. There are two yellow wires in the relay block, but only one goes to the fog light selinoids' "front-of-vehicle" terminal(right terminal if your looking down while on passenger side).

4) Splice a wire to the cut end that connects to the FOG LIGHT selinoid terminal NOT the one that goes OUT of the fuse block.

5) Drill or poke a hole in the bottom of the relay block case to allow the new wire you just spliced to fit through.

6) Connect the spliced wire with an inline fuse to the turn signals' RED wire with 2-yellow longitudinal stripes and single horizontal silver band every 1". You could also use the front side marker positive wire, but if you make them flash with your turn signals the fog lights will also flash.

7) Reconnect the battery and test ALL you lights. MAKE SURE your headlight switch is NOT in the high beam position or else the fogs will not work with the running lights. I did this and after I disassembled and reassembled everything 2-3 times, I realized I had everything correct but the high beam switch was on. Doooh!

8) Reassemble everything and uses LOTS of electrical tape.

Side Note: If you want to have the fog light switch turn on the fog lights withOUT needing the running lights to be on, you could probably just connect the spliced wire to a 12V source that is activated with the ignition instead of the turn signals constant 12V. However, I didn't have time to try this, but I will do this when I connect the turn signals and side markers.

P.S: I also noticed that you can access the front side markers from the bottom of your car once you remove the splash guard to access the fog lights. This might be easier and safer then poping them off with a screw driver.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=28752

does ne one know how to install an weapon r intake? and is this intake ne goood???