5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Farewell Guys!!....My max is gone!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:43 AM
That's Mr. Detail to you

Yeah, the TL's are really nice. I looked at one while I was searching for a replacement for my 626 (no way was I getting a Mazda again!) but I felt the '02 Maxima I got was 90% of the car for half the price. Just amazing how much car I got for what I paid.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Scottwax
Yeah, the TL's are really nice. I looked at one while I was searching for a replacement for my 626 (no way was I getting a Mazda again!) but I felt the '02 Maxima I got was 90% of the car for half the price. Just amazing how much car I got for what I paid.
this is true! i feel like i went in over my head but i really like the TL plus acura's customer service is waaaayyy better than nissan. nonetheless, ill still miss the max man!! they are similar yet different in so many ways.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:08 AM

Da new whip!!

Well guys, As promised, I am posting a couple of pics of the new ride. I cant front, I LOVE HER!! Got an 05' TL SSM/6MT w/NAV!!...she beautiful and fun to drive. Ill will defitnely miss the max tho!...now on to a few pics!!

I defintely appreciate all the sincere comments regarding the accident and appreciate yall. Pz
Old 12-07-2007, 11:00 AM

Glad to hear that everyone is ok. I had a nearly identical accident in my 1994 Grand Caravan. I was in totally stopped traffic on the highway, it was getting dark, the good thing was that I was relaxed and I put my head up against the head rest (traffic was horrible). I had my foot well planted on the brakes. I believe the semi driver was tired after a long day of driving from NY to Toronto and was on his way back. Since his seating position was much higher he saw cars some 50 feet +++ ahead starting to let their foot off the brake and start to move. I was lucky enough to have enough space between the front of my car and the car ahead of me...then it happened, I was SLAMMED the rear window shattered and more than half of it ended up on the front dash (This is a Grand Caravan...I'll post some pix if I find them when I get home)...

The nearly 2-ton Grand Caravan went sliding forward a good 5 meters (16 feet). Even though my foot was on the brakes all along, (there were skid marks to prove it...).

So I know what it feels like, and if my head was not up against the head rest I would have suffered major whiplash...I kinda felt soreness in my neck after a few days, but it went away. I did feel sorry for the driver of the semi...that minivan was old (albeit in mint condition), I didn't get squat for it from my insurance company, but I am certain the driver probably got fired when he got back home. He was devestated when we were writing up all the information. Then the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) officer came down to take care of the rest. I would have been ok to drive home, if only he hadn't busted the left stop/turn signals.

To make a long story short. Wear seatbelts, have your seats properly adjusted, this allows you to have better control of your car and be in a safer position in the event of an accident. (I can't stand the kids out there in their Civics Driving in a half-laying down position, They think its cool or something, but they just look ridiculous...anyways, )
Old 12-07-2007, 12:21 PM

Nice pick on the car! I have a Black 04 TL with the A-Spec package.

Silver is mighty fine, but thats not as important as your surviving....
Old 12-07-2007, 12:43 PM
The original VQ...

nice TL , glad you got a 6mt too .... i see to many auto tl's out there
Old 12-07-2007, 05:09 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

Originally Posted by mikek78

I can't stand the kids out there in their Civics Driving in a half-laying down position, They think its cool or something, but they just look ridiculous.
I hear ya. Seriously, how cool can you really be when it looks like a little kid is driving the car?

=================

Great looking TL.

You will be pretty happy with silver on black. Silver paint still looks decent even when dirty and black interiors don't show stains.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by maxspeed96CT
nice TL , glad you got a 6mt too .... i see to many auto tl's out there
I had no choice man!....lol

i cant get back in an auto after leaving my pearl white 6spd! just wouldnt be right! a lil slower than the max on acceleration but they compare fair enough on performance. handling on the TL is waaayyyy better stock tho!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:16 AM

congrats on the purchase! Acura TL is one of the most sexiest cars out there. Props to you for getting the 6 spd. Enjoy!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:21 AM

That sucks!!!! But glad your ok
Old 12-12-2007, 10:52 PM

haha nice choise. I got the exact same car lol! same color options and all! u are going to love it.