5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Airport Parkway - Ottawa - tonight at 5

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2001, 07:41 PM

Airport Parkway - Ottawa - tonight at 5

I saw a stirling mist 2k (I think - it was dark) on the Airport parkway taking the exit at Walkley. The car had a body kit and a modified exhaust. The tires didn't look stock either but I could be mistaken.

Was this your car? If so, where did you get the body kit? How much? Do you have any other mods? Sorry to our American friends but this is the first body kit I have seen. Our AE doesn't have the kit.

Anything you can tell me about your car is much appreciated.
Old 11-18-2001, 08:01 PM
PhatGuy

I live in Ottawa but it wasn't me. I don't have a body kit on my Sterling Mist AE. But I do have a bunch of bolt on performance stuff. Hey you need rims for your Max? I have some nice 16" Nissan OEM that I using for my winter rims. I have a few sets.

Old 11-18-2001, 08:23 PM

Thanks. I have a set of winter rims already. Gotta get them on soon I guess.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't an AE - didn't have the emblem at least.

Nice looking car though with a much different stance than my AE.
Old 11-18-2001, 08:26 PM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by KanataMax
Thanks. I have a set of winter rims already. Gotta get them on soon I guess.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't an AE - didn't have the emblem at least.

Nice looking car though with a much different stance than my AE.
Hey btw I live in Kanata too! If you see a lowered Sterling Mist AE with clear side markers that is my ride.

Do you have a 5spd or auto? Any mods so far? Dont you find the drive between Kanata and Pinecrest exit sucks with so many cops in that area?

Old 11-19-2001, 03:54 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

OEM wheels

Originally posted by PhatGuy
I live in Ottawa but it wasn't me. I don't have a body kit on my Sterling Mist AE. But I do have a bunch of bolt on performance stuff. Hey you need rims for your Max? I have some nice 16" Nissan OEM that I using for my winter rims. I have a few sets.
Where were you a week ago? JK I live in Kitchener, but just bought some steel wheels for my winter tires. How much are you looking to get for a set of the OEM's? If they're priced right I'm sure I can get the guy in Toronto to take the steel ones back.

Seems like a lot of guys on this board are from the Ottawa area. I've still haven't met anyone from the Kitchener area, but I've only been on the list for about a week.

Albert
Old 11-19-2001, 09:39 AM

5 sp. Majestic Blue. No real mods other than the usual ton of paint chips etc.

I hear ya on the speed trap. They're at the 416 either in the median or on the right shoulder radar in hand. They know that you've been crawling on the two lane section just waiting to open up in the third lane. I hate that.

BTW. I see a Sterling Mist AE on that stretch quite often in the morning commute. Usually in the right lane and getting off at Maitland.
Old 11-19-2001, 11:17 AM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by KanataMax
5 sp. Majestic Blue. No real mods other than the usual ton of paint chips etc.

I hear ya on the speed trap. They're at the 416 either in the median or on the right shoulder radar in hand. They know that you've been crawling on the two lane section just waiting to open up in the third lane. I hate that.

BTW. I see a Sterling Mist AE on that stretch quite often in the morning commute. Usually in the right lane and getting off at Maitland.
Yup your right about the 416 section too! I work and live in Kanata and don't drive in the mornings. When you see my car you will know for sure it is mine just by the fact it is lowered with the custom lighting all around. The only Max that had any real mods aside from rims around town that I have seen is a 4th gen with 18's and big exhaust but we didn't get a chance to line up. I've raced one 4th gen 5spd on March, and a bunch of 5th gen 5spd and auto (Carling and a few on the Queensway). You should get yourself a FSTB for sure! If you wanna hook up sometime let me know?

Old 11-19-2001, 11:21 AM
PhatGuy

Re: OEM wheels

Originally posted by akrus

Where were you a week ago? JK I live in Kitchener, but just bought some steel wheels for my winter tires. How much are you looking to get for a set of the OEM's? If they're priced right I'm sure I can get the guy in Toronto to take the steel ones back.

Seems like a lot of guys on this board are from the Ottawa area. I've still haven't met anyone from the Kitchener area, but I've only been on the list for about a week.

Albert
The rims are off a 2001 Max. They are 5 spoke alloy with chrome center caps or flat gray center caps (your choice). They are 16" x 6.5 genuine Nissan OEM. They look really good! I have a set for myself for my ride this winter. I sold a set to TKL and he is very happy with them. Private message me if you are interested.

Old 11-28-2001, 10:09 AM

Those are nice looking rims. Too bad I have plain black steels.

I've been thinking about a FSTB pretty much since I got the car but so far haven't found a Canadian distributor. The hassles of cross border shopping turns me away. (I've problems in the past with suppliers sending the wrong part and I ended up paying brokerage fees twice etc).

Anyway, my question really is, have you found anyone in Ottawa/Canada that sells FSTBs at a reasonable price? which brand do you have or recommend (excluding Stillen which is too much coin).
Old 11-28-2001, 10:16 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Sounds like me.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:39 AM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Sounds like me.
I think it had big rims so I couldn't have been you?

Old 11-28-2001, 12:00 PM

Thanks Kev.

I think it must have been you. I saw another post where you admitted to being around Toronto so I guessed it was you. Were you touring Ontario?

It was dark and I only got beside you for a second as you were exitting the parkway but I checked out some of your pics and I'm pretty sure it was you.

Nice car. Thanks for solving the mystery.
Old 11-28-2001, 12:05 PM

Thanks Kev.

I think it must have been you. I saw another post where you admitted to being around Toronto so I guessed it was you. Were you touring Ontario?

It was dark and I only got beside you for a second as you were exitting the parkway but I checked out some of your pics and I'm pretty sure it was you.

Old 11-28-2001, 12:10 PM

Thanks Kev.

Old 11-28-2001, 01:10 PM

Thanks Kev.

Old 11-28-2001, 01:16 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Mystery is still unclear because I don't have "big wheels".

Old 11-28-2001, 01:26 PM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Mystery is still unclear because I don't have "big wheels".

Your a joker! I have an ole skool original Big Wheel with an 18" wheel on it you can borrow if your ever up in Canada?
I upgraded the brake with a metallic brake pad as well.

This was my old ride in stock form: