5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Sad but good news to all on the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 08:24 AM

Sad but good news to all on the forum.

Over the past several months my 2k max se had developed several problems. The instances were minor but the warranty on the car was nearing end so I decided to search for a replacement. While at Murdocks Nissan in Memphis,TN , the general manager suggested that I take a spin in a 2002 Altima 3.5 se 5speed. WOW this car is extremely quick and handles great. The interior room is better for the front seat occupants as well. The dealer made me a deal I could not refuse due to the amount of trouble that the max had provided. The xenon lights on the altima are awesome. I never expected to own an altima, after owning 4 maximas but this is truly an amazing car. I wish everyone on the forum well and I will creep around the forum from time to time. I will also provide some more updates about the car as soon as I break it in.
Old 11-25-2001, 08:31 AM

couldn't you pay a little bit more for the 2k2 max...its only few grands...af fully loaded Altima SE 3.5 cost 26 and a maxima is 30 so...
Old 11-25-2001, 09:08 AM

Originally posted by 2001SE
couldn't you pay a little bit more for the 2k2 max...its only few grands...af fully loaded Altima SE 3.5 cost 26 and a maxima is 30 so...
I could have spent a few thousand more and bought another maxima but in a year or two the max will be replaced and I don't like the thought of paying for a car after it is outdated. My fully loaded altima stickered at 28530. I bought it at below invoice and got 19800 for my 2k se w/27000 miles, and financed it at 3.9%. Plus I am building a new home and the extra few thousand dollars will pay closing costs on the mortgage.
Old 11-25-2001, 09:43 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Congratulations and good luck in the future. I was actually waiting for the first 5spd Altima to arrive in town and I had money down on it. I had driven the auto, but wanted to drive the stick. After 2 weeks of promises and no sign of the car, I threatened to pull my money. The owner of the dealership got onto the phone with Nissan and threw me the keys to the 2k2 Max SE 6 speed, telling me to go have some fun until he got to the bottom of the Altima thing. I took the car out and liked it alot. When I came back, they still couldn't tell me anything about the Altima as Nissan said their database was down. I asked him what they could do on the Max. Mine is loaded with absolutely everything, except auto and smoker's package. After a bit of negotiation, I got the Max for $1365CDN more than sticker on the Altima, plus they tinted the windows and threw in the wheel locks.

How did you get the Altima below invoice? There aren't any up here in Ontario (at least a month ago there weren't) and the dealers aren't willing to move that much.

Enjoy your new ride. They are impressive cars.

Albert
Old 11-25-2001, 12:16 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I didnt know you were in Memphis...

Actually I think my 2000 GLE came from the dealership. It also had some odd problems when I bought it. hmmmmm...

I'm through Memphis fairly often... I believe a few others are too.. We should have a mini-meet so we can all marvel at your Altima
Old 11-25-2001, 01:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by edadams

I could have spent a few thousand more and bought another maxima but in a year or two the max will be replaced and I don't like the thought of paying for a car after it is outdated. My fully loaded altima stickered at 28530. I bought it at below invoice and got 19800 for my 2k se w/27000 miles, and financed it at 3.9%. Plus I am building a new home and the extra few thousand dollars will pay closing costs on the mortgage.
Sounds like you got a great deal. Congrats on the new car.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:47 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

congrats and keep us updated on that altima.

i would like to know what modded ones can do
Old 11-25-2001, 04:46 PM

I will keep everyone posted on the new altima. I have put 600 miles on it in 2 days. This car keeps getting better and better.
Old 11-25-2001, 09:22 PM
Kal

Re: I didnt know you were in Memphis...

Originally posted by TimW
Actually I think my 2000 GLE came from the dealership. It also had some odd problems when I bought it. hmmmmm...

I'm through Memphis fairly often... I believe a few others are too.. We should have a mini-meet so we can all marvel at your Altima
Hey Tim your from little rock right? so am i, well actually jackonville. I'd be down for a meet. i go to memphis all the time.

by the way edadams congrats on your purchase.
Old 11-26-2001, 05:53 AM

Re: Sad but good news to all on the forum.

Originally posted by edadams
Over the past several months my 2k max se had developed several problems. The instances were minor but the warranty on the car was nearing end so I decided to search for a replacement. While at Murdocks Nissan in Memphis,TN , the general manager suggested that I take a spin in a 2002 Altima 3.5 se 5speed. WOW this car is extremely quick and handles great. The interior room is better for the front seat occupants as well. The dealer made me a deal I could not refuse due to the amount of trouble that the max had provided. The xenon lights on the altima are awesome. I never expected to own an altima, after owning 4 maximas but this is truly an amazing car. I wish everyone on the forum well and I will creep around the forum from time to time. I will also provide some more updates about the car as soon as I break it in.
I don't think there is HIDs on the Altima. I maybe wrong...
Old 11-26-2001, 06:02 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Sad but good news to all on the forum.

Originally posted by RACEFACE

I thought the American Altimas got HID? I know the Canadian ones don't. Another reason the extra cost for the Max was justifiable by myself.

Albert
Old 11-26-2001, 07:18 AM
Kal

Re: Re: Sad but good news to all on the forum.

Originally posted by RACEFACE

Im pretty sure that the altima has HIDs. In the magazines it shows the headlight with HID lights.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:16 AM

The new Altima in 3.5 SE trim comes with HIDs. Looks awesome, too! I'm amazed edadams got the dealer to...well...deal! Nobody up here in Indy will deal on the new 3.5 Altimas.
It really is an incredible car. If the dealers had been willing to work with me, I very easily could have ended up in the Altima as opposed to our 2k1 Max.
Old 11-26-2001, 11:41 AM

Luckily the general manager at the dealer has gone out of his way to accomodate me due to the number of problems that my 2k max had. He told me that he would make the deal right and that he did not want to loose a loyal nissan customer. And believe me he did, I did not anticipate buying a new car last Friday. I hade made up my mind to keep the max and get a extended warranty. I will continue to purchase vehicles from nissan as long as the customer satisfaction at this dealer remains at lexus like levels. My altima has the HID'S and the Bose cd changer and everything except side curtain airbags and seat mounted airbags.
Old 11-26-2001, 11:52 AM

Congrats on your new Altima purchase and keep us posted on your mods and experiences!
Old 11-26-2001, 12:03 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

hey edadams, I'm glad to see everything worked out for you. Too many of these guys here get burned or otherwise screwed over by Nissan dealers, at least from what I read, but I'm glad they made it right for ya and that you're happy

[chant]dyno, dyno, dyno dyno[/chant]