5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Southpoint Nissan Rocks !!! (Testimonial)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2000, 03:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You are the MAN, DAVEB. It's obvious that you're willing to go the extra mile to help Maxima.org members. You earned my respect with your willingness to assist me in a matter concerning my 2K SE 5-speed completely unrelated to selling me AE parts. And you've also earned my future business.

Keep up the good work.

(DAVEB is David Burnette at Southpoint Nissan. He can be reached at 888-254-6060. Mention that you're a member of Maxima.org to receive a SUBSTANTIAL discount on parts. As an example, David quoted me $93.00 for an AE engine cover. Courtesy Nissan's price for the same part was $116.00.)
Old 11-06-2000, 03:56 PM

True enough

Originally posted by y2kse
You are the MAN, DAVEB. It's obvious that you're willing to go the extra mile to help Maxima.org members. You earned my respect with your willingness to assist me in a matter concerning my 2K SE 5-speed completely unrelated to selling me AE parts. And you've also earned my future business.

Keep up the good work.

(DAVEB is David Burnette at Southpoint Nissan. He can be reached at 888-254-6060. Mention that you're a member of Maxima.org to receive a SUBSTANTIAL discount on parts. As an example, David quoted me $93.00 for an AE engine cover. Courtesy Nissan's price for the same part was $116.00.)
On a number of occasions, I have asked Dave a question about my car for his advice, what I can expect from a dealership point of view, etc. I wish I was in Austin so that Southpoint could take care of my car. Thanks for all of your help, Dave.

And oh, by the way - Dave has part numbers, but no parts for the auto shift ****, aero kits, and pedals. Price on auto shift **** in $86. No prices yet on the other things. But, at least we have part numbers - we're on the way.
Old 11-06-2000, 05:07 PM
Wustylez

Re: True enough

Originally posted by blackY2Kmax

Keep up the good work.

On a number of occasions, I have asked Dave a question about my car for his advice, what I can expect from a dealership point of view, etc. I wish I was in Austin so that Southpoint could take care of my car. Thanks for all of your help, Dave.

And oh, by the way - Dave has part numbers, but no parts for the auto shift ****, aero kits, and pedals. Price on auto shift **** in $86. No prices yet on the other things. But, at least we have part numbers - we're on the way.

Auto shifter $86??????Didnt' someone in this forum got quoted $48 from his dealership in Atlanta?????
that is almost as double price, what is going on?

Tim

Old 11-06-2000, 05:10 PM
Wustylez

Re: Re: True enough

Originally posted by Wustylez
Originally posted by blackY2Kmax

Keep up the good work.

Auto shifter $86??????Didnt' someone in this forum got quoted $48 from his dealership in Atlanta?????
that is almost as double price, what is going on?

Tim
It's mdeal, he got it quoted $48 for just shifter alone???

Anyone?
Tim

Old 11-06-2000, 05:39 PM

That what he pointed to on the screen: $48 for the AT **** alone. One thing I should probably double-check is that he was really looking at the 2001 and not the 2000. I can double-check.

As for Dave at South Point Nissan, I concur: he is great. I "gotz" my sill plates today and installed them in the rain. He threw in a South Point Nissan t-shirt, too!
Old 11-06-2000, 05:42 PM

Hey guys- Thanks for the kind words, I hope I can clear up the shift **** price deal. The manual trans AE **** is $48 and change, maybe that is the source of the $48.00 deal. My Nissan regional rep just got me the part # on the auto **** today, I have been pestering her for 2 months about this, so I'm assuming it's new info. Belive me, there is no way I would double a maxima.org members price, I know what other dealers are doing, and I am committed to beating their price and level of service! Thanks everyone, for your orders & support! -David Burnette
Old 11-06-2000, 06:52 PM

David quoted me $93.00 for an AE engine cover. Courtesy Nissan's price for the same part was $116.00.)
Don't forget about the 55 dollars for the mounting hardware.....dave called me this afternoon to tell me this! I was a tad bit upset.....and canceled my order for the engine cover until I can figure out what the hell the 10 dollar gromets are for. And .....oh yeah....you need to have four of these high dollar rubber bushings.

Dave is a super cool guy though! He told me that he is going to find out about the 55 dollar mounting hardware BS. Someone with a 2k1 show me what he is talking about with the mounting HW.
Old 11-06-2000, 06:58 PM

Dave,
I must have been mis-quoted on AT shift **** price. $86 sounds more right than the $48 since it has the OD mechanism. Damn, I'm gonna have go back and rought that guy up.
Old 11-07-2000, 12:28 AM
Wustylez

Originally posted by MOBOY
David quoted me $93.00 for an AE engine cover. Courtesy Nissan's price for the same part was $116.00.)
Don't forget about the 55 dollars for the mounting hardware.....dave called me this afternoon to tell me this! I was a tad bit upset.....and canceled my order for the engine cover until I can figure out what the hell the 10 dollar gromets are for. And .....oh yeah....you need to have four of these high dollar rubber bushings.

Dave is a super cool guy though! He told me that he is going to find out about the 55 dollar mounting hardware BS. Someone with a 2k1 show me what he is talking about with the mounting HW.
Wait wait, so you have to pay additional 55 dollars for the mounting hardware for the AE engine cover???so 93 is just the engine cover part itself???

I thought we can just use the old ones or they ones on it???is it?

Tim

Old 11-07-2000, 06:25 AM

I should have my sill plates today

so I too want to thank Dave Burnette at Southpoint! I talked to the parts guy at my local dealership and he didn't even know what I was talking about! I could have been speaking alien to him the way he looked at me when I asked about sill plates for the Maxmia! DUH!!!!
Old 11-07-2000, 07:25 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wustylez
[I][QUOTE]Originally posted by MOBOY
[I]

Wait wait, so you have to pay additional 55 dollars for the mounting hardware for the AE engine cover???so 93 is just the engine cover part itself???

I thought we can just use the old ones or they ones on it???is it?

Tim
Talk to Dave! I am just passing on what I heard. I had the order in and was excited about getting the engine cover when he called me to tell me the news. I would figure it would be a easy install....maybe you could go to the local Hardware store and get the neccessary gromets and bolts to install it. I have asked dave to look into the expensive hardware to find out if it is neccessary to buy it or not.
Old 11-07-2000, 08:01 AM

Dave B is the Man

He's one guy who offers great customer service in today's low customer service world. I've ordered several things from him and he will continue to receive my business.

I only order the simplest parts from my dealer. They are not very good at looking up parts and when they do, they never offer a discount, unlike South Point.

Old 11-07-2000, 04:23 PM

QUESTION

DAVE B sells the CHROME DOOR SILL PLATEs(the set of 4)
4 for 68 dollars? am i right?

just a simple yes or no.
I am just curious about the CHROME. I am a chrome freak. Chrome door sill plates. cool
Roger
Old 11-07-2000, 04:24 PM

Re: QUESTION

Originally posted by radpp16
DAVE B sells the CHROME DOOR SILL PLATEs(the set of 4)
4 for 68 dollars? am i right?

just a simple yes or no.
I am just curious about the CHROME. I am a chrome freak. Chrome door sill plates. cool
Roger
no - $60 unless you live in Texas