5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Lighting upgrade!!! leds front and rear

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:38 AM

iit actually looks pretty good .. yu should get some led's for the door handles to match now ..
Old 06-16-2010, 07:39 AM
Cletus

since this thread is off topic anyway and we are talking about different thoughts about modding....

again...subtle mods to ENHANCE the already good appearance of the 5th gen

just cause i like the pic

Old 06-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Cletus

posting these pics makes me remember how much time and love i put in to Rita and it makes me sad i sold her

guess i'll just have to keep modding the X
Old 06-16-2010, 07:44 AM

Rita?
Old 06-16-2010, 07:46 AM

The key to not ending up with a "riced out" look is making it look like it should be there. If you add something to the car that just doesn't look like it should be there it stands out. If you add something that follows the styling of the car, the lines throughout and whatnot it is a much cleaner look whether it be a body kit or anything else.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Rita?
I named mine Maxine..I bet that is a common name for this car.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by f.weezy.babii
iit actually looks pretty good .. yu should get some led's for the door handles to match now ..
I have them already. i put those in about 8 months ago.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by cajun1104
I have them already. i put those in about 8 months ago.
Those LED strips seem very easy to apply. Is there an adhesive backing or something? If they weren't too bright, I could see tucking them hidden under the front leg wells inside the car, to turn on with the courtesy & dome lighting when opening the doors.

In the spirit of being OT, there's that idea. I wonder...?
Old 06-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Cletus

Rita?
it was an inside joke with the wife...her mazda6 was Lola

Originally Posted by merovi
The key to not ending up with a "riced out" look is making it look like it should be there. If you add something to the car that just doesn't look like it should be there it stands out. If you add something that follows the styling of the car, the lines throughout and whatnot it is a much cleaner look whether it be a body kit or anything else.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:50 PM

Fine, if you two ancient masters of the forum think my car is rice because it stands out in a crowd, my mods draw attention, doesnt look OEM and the mods arent "subtle and that most people dont even notice" then I guess my maxima is RICE.

When i said i made the "classy" decision to not put the sarona rear on, i meant mature because it is a very bold and agressive.

I know that im not the only one on the forum with a "passion for exhibitionism" or a taste for bling and attention... Im just the only one willing to stick my neck out for others and the greater good of the forum and speak up to the maxima.org.diks. The mods on my car may not look like they belong there, but they are consistent to my chrome/white/silver theme and my car looks MEAN as i cruise down the road.

This isnt the first time ive encountered such adversity, but it will certainly be the last... for some reason a lot of people here are either hating elitists, maxima snobs, or just too timid to speak out on a forum.

My car may look "clownish" to a maxima purist/conservative old maxima owner, but I receive regular compliments, nods and neck whips from other people on the road. So what if most of the people are black...? I think black people have style and swagger, maybe that will explain some of my vehicular tastes/styling cues.

Rochester... I am as far on the liberal side of modding as you are on the conservative side, we will have to agree to disagree but ...ONCE AGAIN, my point is that you are not the voice of the masses so try not to act so holier than thou. It would even seem you know you should pinch your tongue considering the quote in your signature...?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by scottygill
So what if most of the people are black...?
Yikes! Even if they're black, huh? You might want to do some quick editing, son.

I'm speechless, man. Can't touch that one. Wow. Just... wow.

Last edited by Rochester; 06-16-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:25 PM

Thanks for taking my comment out of context and ignoring the rest of the post. I wouldnt expect anything less from you Rochester. It was meant well and followed by a true compliment. Its obvious it wasnt meant that way.

Just when i thought peace was about to be made, You had to antagonize and fuel me with more hatred for you. Yeah a lot of good editing my previous post is gonna do when you f'n quoted me. Sure sure, suggest i change my previous edit when you just set it in stone.

You are a true NY dik

Last edited by scottygill; 06-16-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:30 PM

Wow you are you are so stuck on your opinion of your car you don't even get it. You car is not "Rice" because you have a kit or chrome rims and all that fancy garbage your calling mods. It is "Rice" because they don't appear tasteful or well done on [bold]this car in particular[/bold]. I've seen plenty of large kits and giant chrome rims on many cars that don't come off to me as "Rice" at all. The style you've chosen for your car unfortunately does not flow and looks somewhat thrown together giving you the look that clashes.

I hate to bring up race but since you did, I think you'd be surprised at the number of people that are not "white" on this board. Many people on this board are VERY ethnically diversed yet still share an eye for "Rice". I'm not going to play into this touchy subject further, I think that point was made.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:37 PM

Man, this just got real sad. Good luck with your anger and your other issues, kid.

Step 1: collect underpants.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:47 PM

:metalmax::metalmax::metalmax::metalmax::metalmax:

Wow....and this is supposed to be an ADULT car forum.....way to go guys......
....."reference my post above".....if scottygill thinks HIS mods on HIS car look good to HIM...then so be it! Why the heck is everyone getting their drawers in a bunch....let it go guys...let it go.......IT BAFFLES ME HOW A POST ABOUT SOMEONES LED'S TURNS INTO THIS ...COME ON!!!

Last edited by 2 GO B4; 06-16-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:01 PM
You embarrass me.

Fine, if you two ancient masters of the forum think my car is rice because it stands out in a crowd, my mods draw attention, doesnt look OEM and the mods arent "subtle and that most people dont even notice" then I guess my maxima is RICE.

When i said i made the "classy" decision to not put the sarona rear on, i meant mature because it is a very bold and agressive.

I know that im not the only one on the forum with a "passion for exhibitionism" or a taste for bling and attention... Im just the only one willing to stick my neck out for others and the greater good of the forum and speak up to the maxima.org.diks. The mods on my car may not look like they belong there, but they are consistent to my chrome/white/silver theme and my car looks MEAN as i cruise down the road.

This isnt the first time ive encountered such adversity, but it will certainly be the last... for some reason a lot of people here are either hating elitists, maxima snobs, or just too timid to speak out on a forum.

My car may look "clownish" to a maxima purist/conservative old maxima owner, but I receive regular compliments, nods and neck whips from other people on the road. So what if most of the people are black...? I think black people have style and swagger, maybe that will explain some of my vehicular tastes/styling cues.

Rochester... I am as far on the liberal side of modding as you are on the conservative side, we will have to agree to disagree but ...ONCE AGAIN, my point is that you are not the voice of the masses so try not to act so holier than thou. It would even seem you know you should pinch your tongue considering the quote in your signature...?
I honestly wish I could quote this entire post into my signature, but I can't sadly. You seemed to get it a tiny bit, but alas it has slipped.

Respect is earned, not given. Plain and simple. You're bringing in race and age into a discussion that does not need it. People come onto a forum to voice their opinions and ideas, and if you post up a modification without expecting criticism, stay away from the internet, please.

The OP has been a trooper and I apologize to him for even coming off harsh with my criticisms, but you have an agenda clearly against some members that have been here longer or anyone who doesn't like your car. If someone says a modification is "rice", so what? Are you going to try to set correct expectations of what "rice" is to everyone throwing the word around? I gave you constructive criticism, so run with it. Stop trying to convince the world that your car is good looking. As long as you like it, so be it, enjoy. You brag about how your car gets "looks" and "nods"... it's honestly pathetic. Again modesty will get you a long way.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:09 PM

PM'd PuppetMaster to come clean this up... myself included.

This thing went bad like last month's mayo, more than you know.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:13 PM

Yeah yeah,,, IM the racist one rice this, rice that... watch where you point fingers.

My comment is clearly a compliment in conjunction with the rest of the post.

Im done, admin close the thread. the OP got his opinions.

Damn you Rochester, you are the root of all evil
Old 06-16-2010, 02:14 PM

PM'd PuppetMaster to come clean this up... myself included.

This thing went bad like last month's mayo, more than you know.
Couldn't agree with you more Rochester....sad indeed.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:34 PM

The front leds dont look that bad, but I prefer when they go on the bottom.
You did a pretty clean job though

Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ
I agree that as cars get older, they get more younger drivers and more riced out... however, there are exceptions to the theory. I'm 23, and I have yet to hear my car is "riced".
If anyone calls your car "rice" they should go jump off a cliff.
You have one of, if the not the cleanest Black 5.5 gens I have ever seen.
I stared at the pics on NycMaximas for like 30mins when you first posted them lol

You know, just the other day, I saw a modded Toyota Celica in my neighborhood. He had one of those large, single-tip exhausts, which I normally don't care for at all. But this guy had one on both corners! Somehow, having 2 of them made it look, well, kind of cool. Very aggressive.
I have one of those exhausts
And mine is a cannon, not a soup can

Also I seen a GS430 with dual N1 style exhaust, and it does give a aggressive appearance, I thought it would look terrible with a dual exhaust design, but it looked really good

Last edited by BrooklynRussian; 06-16-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:34 PM

...last time i stick my neck out for anyone else around here...
Old 06-16-2010, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rhyno02

the tail lights remind me of the old 80's movie Short Circuit when "Johnny 5" was angry...lol.
EXACTLY MY FIRST THOUGHTS HAHAHA
Old 06-16-2010, 02:42 PM

...last time i stick my neck out for anyone else around here...

Dude...I see your point and I also see the point of soonerfan and rochester....but what it seems is going on is that there is a lack of respect for each other and each others "personal taste".....I think in the end that some things would have been better left unsaid......I really don't agree with all the scottygill bashing that has been going on......but at the same rate....whether you may or may not have opened up the floor for that to happen....best advice is to just let it go....

Last edited by 2 GO B4; 06-16-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:34 PM
wat

Bro i love the mod list. You should add some neon lights and a hood scoop, maybe an electric super charger i bet that would make it fast. You should add what kind of oil, gas, and other fluids you put in it as part of your mod list.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, but if you didnt catch it before, im not planning on any go-fast mods, I have LEDS not neon, but maybe the hood scoop sounds RICEY enough to make the grade...? Perhaps it can be my first carbon fiber piece? You got one for sale?

Ive enjoyed building my sig... its my own little checklist Ill send you a PM when i get the hood scooped out so you can see it on there.............................

Old 06-16-2010, 04:41 PM

maybe the hood scoop sounds RICEY enough to make the grade.

In that case scottygill....send one of those carbon fiber hood scoops my way as well.....it will go great with my RICEY Front LED's.........
Old 06-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Cletus

Old 06-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Cletus

my mods draw attention
you just proved my point...you modded to get attention...that is pathetic...and not all attention is positive

my car looks MEAN as i cruise down the road.
if you say so

I receive regular compliments, nods and neck whips from other people on the road. So what if most of the people are black...? I think black people have style and swagger, maybe that will explain some of my vehicular tastes/styling cues.
clearly (dont worry, you wont get this...you havent been around long enough)
Old 06-16-2010, 07:48 PM
wat

Thanks for the suggestions, but if you didnt catch it before, im not planning on any go-fast mods, I have LEDS not neon, but maybe the hood scoop sounds RICEY enough to make the grade...? Perhaps it can be my first carbon fiber piece? You got one for sale?

Ive enjoyed building my sig... its my own little checklist Ill send you a PM when i get the hood scooped out so you can see it on there.............................

Bro the hood scoop will make it look meaner and decrease engine temps and help with mpg's and match your bodykit. Im sure you could get that carbon fiber scoop at your local pepboys. The electronic supercharger would add economy also man. I mean you did say its a "classy" car. I bet all kinds of other bro's would turn their heads harddd to check out that sweet ride. Speaking of which i bet some of those bright pink headlights and matching fog lights would be so sweet, maybe even matching underglow. You would get all kinds of attention you aren't getting now.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:13 PM

Um....not that i really feel that I have to defend scottygill.....I think he is doing that fine by himself... BUT....why is everyone ragging on him....I mean his car doesn't REALLY look as bad as you guys are making it out to be....believe me...I have seen much more RICEY looking cars than his on none other than this org.....why doesn't everyone just chill....and leave the guy alone.........
Old 06-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i work at autozone, so honestly i can say that i've seen much worse... i wouldn't go with the leds myself, but that's just my personal taste. To each there (or maybe "their"... idfk) own. Technically he's the one who has to look at it everyday, so i guess if he likes them more power to him. I just don't really think age has alot to do with rice, anybody can do stupid stuff to their car, young people cuz they saw it in a movie the day before they got their license, or old people going through a mid life crisis tryin to be young again...
Old 06-17-2010, 12:50 AM

Its too hard to be respectful and post
"Lighting strips aren't really my style. The back needs some work but your front led strips look half way decent."

LOL RICE HAHAHA UR A FGT is easier i guess?

I mean scottys car... those wheels... hideous... but he brings up a good point was there really a need to flame/belittle the OP about his mod? Its not like he posted a picture of an underglow kit. Everyone here owns a max right? Aren't we supposed to be helpful to each other?

BTW contrary to popular opinion from SOME PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD, It is possible to have tasteful mods that change the appearance of the car without it turning into "rice". Park a stock car next to rroderiques77's car and tell me they look the same?? or that his car looks rice??
Old 06-17-2010, 12:55 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by 2 GO B4
Um....not that i really feel that I have to defend scottygill.....I think he is doing that fine by himself... BUT....why is everyone ragging on him....I mean his car doesn't REALLY look as bad as you guys are making it out to be....believe me...I have seen much more RICEY looking cars than his on none other than this org.....why doesn't everyone just chill....and leave the guy alone.........
because he came in here and started disrespecting people...he started all of this...he could left along...all he has to do is leave the thread...but instead he continues to insult people
Old 06-17-2010, 04:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am here.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:09 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

After skimming through most of the thread, IMO, everyone has some sort of a point. Yes, everyone. But the discussion lost all civility early on, so this topic is done.