5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Just got a killer deal on 00-03 Megan OE-RS Catback

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by leadfoot85
thats a good lookin exhaust and it sounds nice too!
It sounds great IMO... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c34wQyw8d8
Old 06-03-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gizm0
Have you tried to get in touch with JDMhub.com? I got mine from them a month ago. It took less than a week b/w the time I bought it and the time I received it.
I emailed them and have been calling all day and nobody picks up, also called megan and they said still no set time frame and it will prob be back in stock in July
Old 08-13-2011, 06:47 AM

i just got mine from jdmhub and installed it yeterday myself. what a PITA to cut and drill thru the studs from the CAT as well as to snake the muffler section through the rear axle/subframe.

@K20z1_rsx, I am hearing rattling in my car. Did you have similar experience on yours? Also, I assume you kept the two cross bars; and if so, did you have to add spacers to gain more clearance to prevent rattling and/or using hose/exhaust clamps?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Skorp1on
i just got mine from jdmhub and installed it yeterday myself. what a PITA to cut and drill thru the studs from the CAT as well as to snake the muffler section through the rear axle/subframe.

@K20z1_rsx, I am hearing rattling in my car. Did you have similar experience on yours? Also, I assume you kept the two cross bars; and if so, did you have to add spacers to gain more clearance to prevent rattling and/or using hose/exhaust clamps?
I used a piece of metal strapping wrapped around the exhaust and attached to the rear most crossmember and some hi temp exhaust wrap.it kind of puts you in the ideal of a drive shaft loop retainer for rear wheel drive cars.all the rattle was gone after that just make sure your lined up going over the rear end before you clamp it down.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by cjandura
I used a piece of metal strapping wrapped around the exhaust and attached to the rear most crossmember and some hi temp exhaust wrap.it kind of puts you in the ideal of a drive shaft loop retainer for rear wheel drive cars.all the rattle was gone after that just make sure your lined up going over the rear end before you clamp it down.
thanks. so you think the rattling is most likely coming from the small gap between the exhaust pipe and rear axle cross member. let me try to get something similar to what you did to see if it goes away.

another thing I noticed is that the hanger for the resonator extends quite far past the rubber part...so when starting/driving, the tip of the resonator piping might be banging against the car's chasis...looks like i gott do adjustment too.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:16 AM

Dam, Looks good...I wish i had a 6 speed, no point of putting it on a auto
Old 08-14-2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Skorp1on

I used some washers to get some clearance on the rear most cross bar then I used exhaust wrap and a large hose clamp to go around the exhaust and the rear most cross bar to keep the exhaust from raddling around in the small hole the exhaust goes over the rear axle. I also replaced the rubber hangers on the muffler with new urethane hanger from autozone to keep the exhaust from moving so much. I had to adjust the exhaust about a month after installed it by readjusting it at the rear exhaust flange since then it hasn't raddled a bit.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by K20z1_rsx
I used some washers to get some clearance on the rear most cross bar then I used exhaust wrap and a large hose clamp to go around the exhaust and the rear most cross bar to keep the exhaust from raddling around in the small hole the exhaust goes over the rear axle. I also replaced the rubber hangers on the muffler with new urethane hanger from autozone to keep the exhaust from moving so much. I had to adjust the exhaust about a month after installed it by readjusting it at the rear exhaust flange since then it hasn't raddled a bit.
Cool...thanks for the reply. I adjusted the pipe yesterday without any wraps, hose clamps, or washers on any of the cross bars...so far, the rattling went away. The pipe looked really close to some of the heatshields and i just bent them back a bit. Soon i think i might go ahead and replace all the rubbber hangers.

The megan system is nice but a liitle bit on the the noisy side...
Old 08-17-2011, 01:27 AM
no more maxima...

Originally Posted by K20z1_rsx

Wow, the underside looks incredible for its age. That thing would be severely rusted here in the salt belt.