5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Srry for doing this custom maxima...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

I got to disagree not all thier stuff is resold ebay . They just happen to get stuff from the same dealer.
Their are a lot of their items you cant even find on ebay like the duel exhaust set up, custom maxima headers ect . And their always adding new stuff witches is great
I know some people have had bad experience with the old custom maxima i did pretty fine with them on my last few buys.
I never have a problem contacting them they have live 20 hour customer support on their web site . I think we should still give them a chance since their are still willing to proved us with products that others are not willing to do so.
talking smack about them and bad mouthing them is not going to help i believe thier trying their best
Old 11-18-2010, 11:43 AM

i wouldnt buy from them jus sayin
Old 11-18-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by clashez1983
I got to disagree not all thier stuff is resold ebay . They just happen to get stuff from the same dealer.
Their are a lot of their items you cant even find on ebay like the duel exhaust set up, custom maxima headers ect . And their always adding new stuff witches is great
I know some people have had bad experience with the old custom maxima i did pretty fine with them on my last few buys.
I never have a problem contacting them they have live 20 hour customer support on their web site . I think we should still give them a chance since their are still willing to proved us with products that others are not willing to do so.
talking smack about them and bad mouthing them is not going to help i believe thier trying their best
My brain hurts. Make it stop.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Must be his "brother" again

and how could they be trying their best, they pretty much chewed and screwed
Old 11-18-2010, 12:28 PM

I find your Avatar intriquing.

Self serving, foolish, and cowardly, which appears to be the complete opposite of you.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Banned

Im just being honest about the whole thing i don't know why any body would hate on a company that provides parts for are cars.
especially when some of these people bad mouthing the company never even brought or dealt with them before i have and it was a good experience.

take it how you want to ,makes jokes if you want It really don't matter to me.

I know if any body asks i would give a good review because that what i experience with them

Last edited by Clashez; 11-18-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky Green
Soooooo OBX Headers are out or are they high quality?
OBX is sketchy with respect to where you get them from. The actual OBX website is terrible and sells garbage. If you look on eBay, you'll find 2002-2003 Maxima OBX headers, long runners & equal length Y pipe. These have had good results with a lot of people on the .Org.

Originally Posted by essential1
Rochester for office in 2012?
Originally Posted by Rhyno02
Cattman FTW! Sorry, I had to.
These two gentlemen are onto something...
Old 11-18-2010, 02:26 PM

It's yours, actually. Or in the larger sense, it's ours... for not looking out for our brother when we know better. It's wrong to blame people for being naive, with an implication that they deserve to be taken advantage of. Let's blame the homeless for not having jobs. Let's blame sick people for filling up the ER. Let's blame the little girl for getting raped... she deserved it for dressing that way.

Here's a box of menthol's. Smoke up, Johnny!

Social conscience is something you either grow into as you mature, or something that hits you like a brick when it's YOU that needs help.
If it were a monopoly I would say you have something to debate about, but it's not! If there are 5 car dealerships selling the same type cars and 1 has all their cars marked up $1000 over the others dealerships.....And they sell more cars than the other 4 combined, the customers that choose to pay for these marked up cars MADE THEIR FREEDOM OF CHOICE.....this happens everyday so why are you so pissed at CM (Custom Maxima)?
1. By the way alot of Homeless are homeless by choice! They refuse to live by the rules laid down to keep order in most homeless shelters, like having a 9pm curfew and being drug free.
2. Sick ppl do go to the ER along with injuried ppl, and your point is? They don't hire the staff if the hospital is undermanned.....
3. The little girl who gets raped and was dressing unappropiately while jogging at nite with her MP3 player plugged into her head is to blame for stupid/naive and dressing that way @ nite!!!!!!!LOL

Last edited by CMax03; 11-18-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:56 PM

Im just being honest about the whole thing i don't know why any body would hate on a company that provides parts for are cars.
especially when some of these people bad mouthing the company never even brought or dealt with them before i have and it was a good experience.

take it how you want to ,makes jokes if you want It really don't matter to me.

I know if any body asks i would give a good review because that what i experience with them
No, no, no... you completely misread that. I'm actually fine with you having an opinion that runs contrary to common sense. It's your writing skills that are painful. Please be better.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Originally Posted by CMax03
3. The little girl who gets raped and was dressing unappropiately while jogging at nite with her MP3 player plugged into her head is to blame for stupid/naive and dressing that way @ nite!!!!!!!LOL
I understand you're trying to make a point. But as a clinical therapist who works with sexual offenders, this is as an offensive and objectionable comment I've ever read on the forums.

SHAME ON YOU for blaming victims and undermining the trauma that they endure, especially to better your position in what I consider a sophmoric debat. NO ONE asks to be victimized/raped/assaulted sexually or otherwise. Your comment is directly responsible for perpetuating the mentality of those who abuse others that they are justified, right, or simply couldn't help themself.

As Rochester stated....morals, ethics (and I'll add) perceptions as well as attitudes of the society...indeed.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:59 PM

Um, the Dual exhaust is on ebay and it's $100 cheaper. It's made by SRS.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Gregg
I understand you're trying to make a point. But as a clinical therapist who works with sexual offenders, this is as an offensive and objectionable comment I've ever read on the forums.

SHAME ON YOU for blaming victims and undermining the trauma that they endure, especially to better your position in what I consider a sophmoric debat. NO ONE asks to be victimized/raped/assaulted sexually or otherwise. Your comment is directly responsible for perpetuating the mentality of those who abuse others that they are justified, right, or simply couldn't help themself.

As Rochester stated....morals, ethics (and I'll add) perceptions as well as attitudes of the society...indeed.
I'm not saying that she deserves it, but if people were more realistic about what could happen if they place themselve in vunerable situations in a world full of sick and immoral people. Alot of victims wouldn't be victims in that sense.....same applies to those who are happy with giving their money to Custom Maxima....Life is all about choices!!!!! Bottomline!!!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 03:18 PM

You're a better man than me, Chris. Hats off to you.

I wasn't going to reply to that particular conversation. Kind of pointless, and completely missing the issue at hand, which is that Custom[SomeCar] appears to be a predatory business.

You can't blame people for their "freedom of choice" when the product or service is designed to rip them off. That's nuts. But it does have the word "Freedom" in it, so it must be OK logic.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-18-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Your statement doesn't really fix things Cmax. No matter how you want to rationalize it......there is NO call for that sort of comparison to make your point. Do right....show some personal responsiblity, maturity.... Delete that comment from your post.

Just to clarify what some may misunderstand about my job. I am a VICTIM advocate. In that, I work directly with sexual offenders to monitor and hold them accountable in the community so to help the courts, probation, and society (as best I can) ensure there are NO further victims.

CE as a "Predatory business." Yes.

Last edited by Chris Gregg; 11-18-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:23 PM

Bad-mouthing them is going to help. It will keep people from buying their crap-quality products and getting ripped off.

I was once a noob a short few months ago, giddy as could be as I was the fresh new owner of a 5.5 gen. I stumbled across Custom Maxima about the same time that I joined the Org and if I could have, I probably would have bought about half of the things they had for sale on that site in one trip. Headers, cat-backs, intakes; my eyes were popping out of my head like a little kid on Christmas morning.

Thankfully, I did some reading on the Org where I quickly learned Custom Maxima = BAD.

You want to see an example? Here you go:

Maxima "coilovers"

eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DNA-N...ht_4480wt_1164

Custom Maxima:

http://www.custommaxima.com/product/...s/Default.aspx

Same garbage quality product with a Custom Maxima markup. I'd expect to find things like that on eBay where most people will skip over them without a second thought. Not on an independent website selling them at a markup who actively tries to do business with the Maxima community.

Lastly, don't evey TRY to say that they're trying their best. If they were trying their best, they wouldn't be selling garbage products at a markup. They would be selling quality products from reputable brands and not making up BS like in the first post to try and take people for a ride so they can make a buck or two.

This website is a sham, plain and simple, and if they keep doing business the way they are, they won't be around for much longer.

Not at all a bad thing, that's how capitalism works as it has been a topic in some other posts. Do ****ty business, you'll end up in the ****ter yourself sooner or later.

Last edited by Waxima; 11-18-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Old 11-18-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by foodmanry
True, just like anything else involved with the government.

BBB has always been a private business.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:01 PM

Your statement doesn't really fix things Cmax. No matter how you want to rationalize it......there is NO call for that sort of comparison to make your point. Do right....show some personal responsiblity, maturity.... Delete that comment from your post.

Just to clarify what some may misunderstand about my job. I am a VICTIM advocate. In that, I work directly with sexual offenders to monitor and hold them accountable in the community so to help the courts, probation, and society (as best I can) ensure there are NO further victims.

CE as a "Predatory business." Yes.
Just for the record I only replied to the little girl getting rape scenario.....I didn't create it......But Hallelujah too ya......there's only one cure for sexual offenders that's a bullet between the eye sockets.....quote me on that one Mr. Gregg....I had a boss who was a battered women's home assistant/volunteer and I never understood who would allow a male figure around scared, shellshocked, paronoid abused women.....but anyways this guy ended up being a sexual predator and lost his Corporate American job once they discovered his computer files.......So I do understand , I'm not an animal....I have all girls and I will kill those who try to hurt or harm them......But anyways I'm not rationalizing, just opening your sinus to the real world outside your controlled enviroment! As for all you Custom Maxima customers search wisely before you lay down your green.....I though would love to try some of that cheap crap out, if I had an extra 5/5.5th gen Maxima just too see whether it works or not! Pretty much just for experimenting with cheap A$$ parts! No hard feelings to yall!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:25 PM

IBTL
Old 11-18-2010, 05:43 PM

OH HAI.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:13 PM

Good God Clashez

Old 11-18-2010, 08:29 PM

Headers

http://www.custommaxima.com/product/...s/Default.aspx

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stain...Q5fAccessories

Exhaust

http://www.custommaxima.com/product/...t/Default.aspx

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAXIM...item53e4aef715

Last edited by scarface4522; 11-18-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:36 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

I can confirm that the CM 2.5" single-tip exhaust is 100% identical to one of the more popular $130 ebay single tip exhausts. Good thing I found someone even less intelligent than myself to buy it from me for the same as I paid after I got the cattman 3".

Last edited by sparks03max; 11-18-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

You can't separate the two. Economies are a component of the societal fabric. Attempts to separate one from the other is a rationale for corruption without consequence. How else should I say this?
I wasn't trying to separate the two...just saying economic systems themselves are not right, wrong, ethical, or unethical. It is people involved. Many people BLAME capitalism for the issues that come up, when really it is the people involved in capitalism, not capitalism itself.

The BBB is a private, for-profit organization.

You're confused. But it's OK, a lot of people make that mistake. People love to take pot-shots at Teh Government. It's a human response to helplessness, creating a bogyman to throw teabags at. It makes it easier to feel like we're safeguarding some sense of independence, when the reality is nothing of the sort.
Ok, yes...let's carryon on with the awesome non-corrupt Government we have.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:48 AM

I wasn't trying to separate the two...just saying economic systems themselves are not right, wrong, ethical, or unethical. It is people involved. Many people BLAME capitalism for the issues that come up, when really it is the people involved in capitalism, not capitalism itself.
That's good. I think after a bit we agree Custom Maxima represents a somewhat darker side of capitalism, that being a willful, predatory practice. For the people who get caught up in that deception, some call them suckers, while others call them victims. I'd argue that distinction is more than semantic for the ones who know better.

Ok, yes...let's carryon on with the awesome non-corrupt Government we have.
When viewed from the inside-out, perhaps there's more corruption than otherwise. I don't have the personal experience to compare it from the outside-in, but suspect that perspective would paint us in a better light. (Well, maybe not this week exactly, watching John Kyl play with national security fire and derail the START Treaty...)

But more on topic to the problem at hand. In the context of Custom Maxima and our little forum community, shouldn't you be protecting people like Clashez1983, rather than throwing them to the lions? I'm certainly no fan of Christian mythology (the lions reference notwithstanding ), but for those that are, isn't there a quote somewhere about having done to the least of my brethren, having done to me?

Wise words, indeed.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-19-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:33 AM

You're joking right??? Didn't I just post the ebay link of the dual tip catback????.... and all of the headers they made was first found on ebay, they are all DMtununing 4th gen non equal length headers... the **** are you talking bout man???
Old 11-19-2010, 11:32 AM

anyone do a google search on the CM address? just a simple search brings up

AutoAccessoriesStore.com. 12329 Antonio Circle. Orlando, Florida

Modified Integra 12329 Antonio Circle Orlando, Florida 32826

This must be all of the warehouse space that they needed for their expansion...maybe a garage? They just sell keystone accessory crap just like most speed shops, no research and development

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=12329+...-8&sa=N&tab=fl

Contact Us - www.xbcrew.comMail Us. Custom Enterprise Online LLC 12329 Antonio Circle Orlando, Florida 32826. Your message was submitted. We will reply to you as soon as possible ...
www.xbcrew.com/Contact/Default.aspx

Contact Us - www.customaltima.comMail Us. Custom Enterprise 12329 Antonio Circle Orlando, Florida 32826. Your message was submitted. We will reply to you as soon as possible ...
www.customaltima.com/Contact/Default.aspx

Contact Us - www.alle46parts.comMail Us. ALLe46Parts.com 12329 Antonio Circle Orlando, Florida 32826. Your message was submitted. We will reply to you as soon as possible ...
www.alle46parts.com/Contact/Default.aspx - Cached
Old 11-19-2010, 05:49 PM

Hence why I say the dishonesty.... they claim their ish is better but its the same and cost more......... n sparks, that was fcuked up theif
Old 11-19-2010, 06:01 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
Hence why I say the dishonesty.... they claim their ish is better but its the same and cost more......... n sparks, that was fcuked up theif
Old 11-19-2010, 06:15 PM

When I think my world is confused and messed up, I just come back and read this thread again.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by sparks03max

Originally Posted by trooplewis
When I think my world is confused and messed up, I just come back and read this thread again.
why you say that?
Old 11-19-2010, 09:07 PM

I guess we're gonna have to go after any business that buys something for less than what they sell it for????????????? I thought that was a normal business practice......I guess there's someone out there that buys and sells @ the same price?........anyone?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????
Old 11-19-2010, 09:27 PM
You embarrass me.

There are so many things right with this thread, hahaha.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by CMax03
I guess we're gonna have to go after any business that buys something for less than what they sell it for????????????? I thought that was a normal business practice......I guess there's someone out there that buys and sells @ the same price?........anyone?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????
You are sooooo missing the point...... I understand the business concept so stop being devils advocate or trying to be, I know that a business have to be profitable... this thread was made due to the dishonesty of the company.... custom maxima said the THEY were going to make a 3" exhaust and THEY were talking to an exhaust shop and showed us the link I just showed from ebay and said that was a prototype 3" and THEY had to finish up some things and bends the complete the batch and simply put, they lied...... however you wanna make good business out of that or tell yourself that its an o.k thing to do then you're wrong....... I liked your comparison until you mentioned the girl gettn rapped, that was soo wrong of a statement it would take another thread to explain... my cousin was raped by her step father... no jogging and no exposed clothing so yea, just leave that one alone
Old 11-20-2010, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
I liked your comparison until you mentioned the girl gettn rapped, that was soo wrong of a statement it would take another thread to explain...
I'm going to head this off, and point out it was my post making that reference. It was done in example of upside-down values when blaming the victim. CMax trivialized the comment with an attempt at dark humor. The effort was awkward, and there was backlash.

So that's that. Whether he regrets it or not is his business. Usually in cases like this, the hardest thing to do is apologize... which is kind of ironic, because when you own up to errant behavior, most people forgive and everyone is better for it.

Let's see what happens.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-20-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:18 AM

back on topic and lets try and keep it there
Old 11-20-2010, 07:27 AM

This silly graphic should have made any serious customer pause.

But then, they weren't building a customer base, they were cashing in on hapless, wide-eyed kids.

No, wait... as far as digital imaging goes, this is pretty trick. The point, however, is that it isn't real. And appropriately so, just like their business.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:13 AM

I'm going to head this off, and point out it was my post making that reference. It was done in example of upside-down values when blaming the victim. CMax trivialized the comment with an attempt at dark humor. The effort was awkward, and there was backlash.

So that's that. Whether he regrets it or not is his business. Usually in cases like this, the hardest thing to do is apologize... which is kind of ironic, because when you own up to errant behavior, most people forgive and everyone is better for it.

Let's see what happens.
Ya sorry to hear that about your Cuz.....hope her step father is resting in peace now! My comparison of victims in Rods comparison was only that!
But I guess there will also be a thread coming up about Warpspeed who is suppose to made a 3" catback, as well as if MES is leading us blind with our 3rd Gen 2.5" catback which has been in progress and in communication for months with one of their designers as well (I doubt MES is misleading us though). But again I would've asked a few more questions concerning their attempt of mfg a 5th Gen 3" catback, and where they were with the project and if there was anything they needed to complete the project! Perhaps a loner vehicle.....I would have stretched out their shortcoming just incase they ran into a deadend and needed something else....I'm kinda feeling that you were mislead down that same deadend road and abandoned with no explaination whatsoever....
But a smear campaign isn't gonna fix things....just go elsewhere and buy a real 3" catback from a real guy (CATTMAN) and call it the day! It seems like everytime people try to talk smack about CATTMAN and find a way around his product, the alternative route blows up in that persons face! This guy CATTMAN has bargain priced products for the level of fit, finish, and materials used in his exhaust products......A custom 2.5" or 3" done identical to his will run you about $1250-$1800 in a local custom exhaust shop....
Next time you know where not to go....when buying or starting a new project....We all know it's not the same Custom Maxima as the original....I had a good experience with the original and was able to land some good products for decent prices.....My comments on victims are just examples
and not every instant is constant so variables do exist in reality and my example was off of Rods victim comparison in a way the shows some victims irresponsibility with personal safety can be detrimental....Not all victims have a choice with their safety, but as adults if you're irresponsible with your hard earned money, you really can't blame the predator for your lost.....Buy the way GH17...Did you lose any money with CM during their 3" catback market exploration? If you did...well sorry for you! But more than likely you didn't so wipe your eyes and move on they suck and you know that now......

Last edited by CMax03; 11-20-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:41 AM

I saw the word "sorry" a few times in that rant. Let's go with that and move on.

Has anyone contacted the forum Admin with an inquiry on member status for CustomMaxima?
Old 11-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Get Off My Lawn

In effort to ensure this is brought to a close....since I posted the initial reaction.....when these instances arise, I am reminded of early lessons when I originally joined the forums. The great thing about this forum is that everyone is perfectly free to address and challenge each others posts/thoughts and should be encouraged to do so with the understanding, as a community, we all also have a responsibility to hold each other accountable.

We are a community of individuals and enthusiasts.......but nothing should ever go so far as being personal. Responses should be aimed at the message, NOT the messenger. Speaking for myself, I have no "personal" issue with anyone on the forums and I've not taken anything personal. I would expect we all conduct ourselves in such a manner.

Doing so is what will keep this forum great!

Quick Reply: Srry for doing this custom maxima...