5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Srry for doing this custom maxima...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 06:59 PM

Srry for doing this custom maxima...

Im not really the one to bash on a company but i gotta say i had to see it for myself.. custom maxima had started out really great with me and the new ownership but after trying to talk with the owner and no replies to PM's or thread posts, the trust kinda started going south and i think this is the one that pulled the plug... now im not telling anybody not to buy from custom maxima or whatnot but i dont know how good is the honesty there... if most of you can remember a while back custommaxima was trying to make a 3" exhaust for our cars and the pic that was given of a concept for the 3" is the same pic given for the SRS 2.5" catback,

Obviously ppl here are retarded when the word "ebay" comes up and are so blind that custom maxima takes products from ebay and sell it to you for a more expensive price so you can feel good about yourself for not actually buying from ebay which i find funny for some reason... anyways, to most orgers beware of this company, ive heard bad things before, and i hope they have gotten it together but shop prices first... im done... had to get it off my chest
Old 11-17-2010, 07:03 PM

What ever happened to that 3" exhaust..? I dont know but I have never ordered anything from them and never plan on it.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:10 PM

I guess they figured out that 3" exhausts aren't cheap when done right.. I think they couldn't find a machine that could bend the 3" or something.. I forgot what the excuse was
Old 11-17-2010, 07:47 PM

People have reasonable expectations for professional behavior from a business, which can sometimes conflict with the reality of a couple guys with a website, some contacts, and a little rented warehouse space. Most niche businesses are pretty simple behind the curtain.

I remember having a similar discontent with Frankencar, before they shut down. Based on what I've read in the 5th gen forum over the last year, I'm surprised the blowback against CM hasn't happened yet.

Well said, Hustler.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:49 PM

I was wondering the same, if there stuff comes from Ebay. Cause Ebay is about 30% cheaper...
Old 11-17-2010, 07:58 PM

Isn't this member profile Custom Maxima? http://forums.maxima.org/member.php?u=104217

What is this "Temporary Hiatus"? And how come it hasn't had any activity since 08.30.2010? Activity aside, the account hasn't posted anything on the Org since July 14th. Hmm... Bastille Day. Looking through their threads, I didn't realize how spot-on I was when joking about "a few guys with a warehouse". Check this thread out:

http://forums.maxima.org/group-deals...buy-ideas.html

And then I spent a few minutes reviewing their website. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I wonder if Custom Maxima exists as another business name in other forums? That's pure conjecture, but not impossible... just exhausting to pull off.

If the company is defunct or using questionable practices, I wonder if Internet Brands would want CM scrubbed out of their Maxima.org community?

Last edited by Rochester; 11-17-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Got Retrofit?

Old 11-17-2010, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
Quoted for truth.

Except I agree about the eBay thing.

eBay can be great. Just know what you are getting.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by tookrzy4u192
I guess they figured out that 3" exhausts aren't cheap when done right.. I think they couldn't find a machine that could bend the 3" or something.. I forgot what the excuse was
Well just incase you don't see where I'm going bit more in depth... the picture that was posted above was told to many orgers including myself that the specific pick posted above was a maxima with the prototype 3" exhaust but the batch wasn't made because they had to redo a couple things, which is obviously a bold face lie, and a lie like that should have you wondering if this is what you want to give your money to....
Originally Posted by Rochester
Isn't this member profile Custom Maxima? http://forums.maxima.org/member.php?u=104217

What is this "Temporary Hiatus"? And how come it hasn't had any activity since 08.30.2010? Activity aside, the account hasn't posted anything on the Org since July 14th. Hmm... Bastille Day. Looking through their threads, I didn't realize how spot-on I was when joking about "a few guys with a warehouse". Check this thread out:

And then I spent a few minutes reviewing their website. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I wonder if Custom Maxima exists as another business name in other forums? That's pure conjecture, but not impossible... just exhausting to pull off.

If the company is defunct or using questionable practices, I wonder if Internet Brands would want CM scrubbed out of their Maxima.org community?
Funny you ask about different business names lol..... they actually do use different business names as the is a custom altima I believe, if you search them up on facebook they are just there as custom enterprise... speaking of which ill be removing them as a friend..... bad business....
Old 11-17-2010, 08:58 PM

You hit the nail right on the head. Check it out:

http://www.customaltima.com/ Look familiar?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:50 PM

oh wow.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by mrood1986
oh wow.

QFT.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
if you search them up on facebook they are just there as custom enterprise... speaking of which ill be removing them as a friend..... bad business....
How fitting...it is "national unfriend day."

http://www.ktla.com/news/cyberguy/st...,1187735.story
Old 11-17-2010, 10:55 PM

There's also http://www.customtiburon.com

Old 11-17-2010, 11:09 PM

At least CustomAltima got a picture of a real SE-R on their website.

What did we get? A hack-job photochopped 7th gen coupe.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:02 AM

Where did you get the OBX headers?
Old 11-18-2010, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by CMax03
Where did you get the OBX headers?
ebay is not the only seller of them!
but im sure most have goten them from there
Old 11-18-2010, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by schmellyfart

Old 11-18-2010, 05:24 AM

These are all the same person or persons who seem to be reselling ebay produts:

http://www.custommaxima.com/
http://www.coldfusioncustoms.com
http://www.customaltima.com/
http://www.customtiburon.com/

Internet Brands should research this organization and scrub them clean from their websites. Maxima.org is just a small part of the Internet Brands family of automotive forums.

http://www.internetbrands.com/our-brands/automotive/

I can't help but wonder where else this CustomMaxima "business" is trolling for suckers.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-18-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:52 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

Originally Posted by tookrzy4u192
Nope. They realized that none of the ebay companies were gonna make a 3" cattback anytime soon that they can re-sell to us at a higher price.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by schmellyfart
"Extreme Dimensions Duraflex Body Kits will reduce air resistance. Your vehicle will have better streamlines and aerodynamics, and you can go much faster"

Old 11-18-2010, 06:45 AM

The same suckers that buy from CustomMaxima are the same suckers that buy from eBay anyway......So it's not hurting anything.....that's what capitalism is! Apparently there's a whole crowd that loves those cheap M.I.C. products.....and they're usually the anti-Cattman/Stillen/higher quality whiners. Who seem to spend more time surfing the net for cheap unknown and unproven products, instead of the higher quality, reliable, well known and proven products @ lower prices.....a good example are the 5.5th Gen Foglights found on eBay that are nowhere even close to the quality of the OEM brand! But everyone one is entitled to their own opinion of a bargain!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:51 AM

Defending this practice by labeling it "capitalism" and blaming the victims...

Seriously?

You're confusing this behavior with the *abuse* of capitalism. True capitalism is what's happening here, right now, with this thread. Where a business gets trashed for draining their market instead of serving it.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-18-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:08 AM

The victims are either naive or stupid...so who's fault is that? I'm not defending (CME) cause I'm not one of their new customers......I dealt with the original CustomMaxima who caried really good brands with higher quality not this crap that's straight from China! So if you see the same products on eBay and CME and you've really convinced yourself that you need that M.I.C. crap just spend less money on eBay for it......It won't suck as much when it fails or doesn't fit quite the way one expects it too.....But anyway there's no one out there holding a gun to these suckas head to take the CME route it's their own bad choice!!!!!!! This is the usual route of folks who were expecting to get something like a 3" catback system and the $h!+ folds/ collapses/or it was just BS from the very beginning and now their(ORGER) pissed that their super cheap route for obtaining a specific performance part was just a wet dream or lie........
Old 11-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Got Retrofit?

eBay FTW. I would rather support that site and those sellers than CM. Not everyone can afford or justify spending so much on higher end products for a car worth so little, so we settle for less and make it work. Not a big deal.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:23 AM

The victims are either naive or stupid...so who's fault is that?
It's yours, actually. Or in the larger sense, it's ours... for not looking out for our brother when we know better. It's wrong to blame people for being naive, with an implication that they deserve to be taken advantage of. Let's blame the homeless for not having jobs. Let's blame sick people for filling up the ER. Let's blame the little girl for getting raped... she deserved it for dressing that way.

Here's a box of menthol's. Smoke up, Johnny!

Social conscience is something you either grow into as you mature, or something that hits you like a brick when it's YOU that needs help.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-18-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:50 AM

It's yours, actually. Or in the larger sense, it's ours... for not looking out for our brother when we know better. It's wrong to blame people for being naive, with an implication that they deserve to be taken advantage of. Let's blame the homeless for not having jobs. Let's blame sick people for filling up the ER. Let's blame the little girl for getting raped... she deserved it for dressing that way.

Here's a box of menthol's. Smoke up, Johnny!

Social conscience is something you either grow into as you mature, or something that hits you like a brick when it's YOU that needs help.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:55 AM

Rochester, the voice of reason.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:54 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

Rochester for office in 2012?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:00 AM

The same suckers that buy from CustomMaxima are the same suckers that buy from eBay anyway......So it's not hurting anything.....that's what capitalism is! Apparently there's a whole crowd that loves those cheap M.I.C. products.....and they're usually the anti-Cattman/Stillen/higher quality whiners. Who seem to spend more time surfing the net for cheap unknown and unproven products, instead of the higher quality, reliable, well known and proven products @ lower prices.....a good example are the 5.5th Gen Foglights found on eBay that are nowhere even close to the quality of the OEM brand! But everyone one is entitled to their own opinion of a bargain!
Soooooo OBX Headers are out or are they high quality?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Da Roller Coaster!

If we want to talk about economics fine...this is ALL a part of CAPITALISM. If we use that in the purest sense then everything which has happened up to this point is a function of capitalism.

1. Business starts
2. Business had terrible customer service, high prices for poor quality products
3. Customers start providing feedback and informing others not to buy from the business
4. Business either corrects the issues or will fail

Whether we like it or not, those customers who were on the raw end of the deal helped move this process forward.

It sucks for all involved, but it is a learning experience. At least, maybe some solace can be taken in the fact there is the Better Business Bureau which can be of some assistance as well. Although, I highly doubt this business was even licensed.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:17 AM

Well said, foodmanry. And as a stark equation for economics in a free market, you're absolutely right.

But if you add to that equation a responsibility for ethics, it gets a little less straight-forward. Caveat Emptor is not a valid business plan, it's a cowardly rationale used to avoid personal responsibility.

By the way, today's incarnation of the Better Business Bureau is not yesterday's BBB. They've devolved into a corrupt and useless organization. Too bad, too sad.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:22 AM

I worked for a speed shop that used to be a sponsor on some different sites, and WERE well known for their cars that we built, and had in car shows. On the site we were advertising that we did this huge addition which we did, it was my office and some storage. but they were stating that they had 10000 sq feet of space, all in all, it came down to just ordering from a vendor, and having it drop shipped across the country if needed.

But it does make everyone say oh man that place must be huge, until a customer gets there and says oh man where do you guys have all this warehouse space, oh its kept off site in a different location
Old 11-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by Sneaky Green
Soooooo OBX Headers are out or are they high quality?
They're not perfect. If you want perfect, save up for Cattman.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:24 AM

Cattman FTW! Sorry, I had to.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:45 AM

Have you tried calling them?

Contact Tom @ 772-285-5872
Old 11-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Da Roller Coaster!

Well said, foodmanry. And as a stark equation for economics in a free market, you're absolutely right.
That is economics; economic systems are not biased, wrong, unethical, right, or ethical. It is the people within the economic system who instill all of those traits.

By the way, today's incarnation of the Better Business Bureau is not yesterday's BBB. They've devolved into a corrupt and useless organization. Too bad, too sad.
True, just like anything else involved with the government.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by foodmanry
If I'm not mistaken I believe the BBB is an independent corporation. I don't think they have any involvement with the government.

I was told they're somewhat similar in nature to Consumer Reports. Working for the consumer, but not a government agency.

A real shame it's gone down the path it's on, though. I guess that's just the way things go. Well, carry on about Crap Maxi- oops, Custom Maxima.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:47 AM

That is economics; economic systems are not biased, wrong, unethical, right, or ethical. It is the people within the economic system who instill all of those traits.
You can't separate the two. Economies are a component of the societal fabric. Attempts to separate one from the other is a rationale for corruption without consequence. How else should I say this?

The BBB is a private, for-profit organization.

You're confused. But it's OK, a lot of people make that mistake. People love to take pot-shots at Teh Government. It's a human response to helplessness, creating a bogyman to throw teabags at. It makes it easier to feel like we're safeguarding some sense of independence, when the reality is nothing of the sort.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-18-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Waxima
If I'm not mistaken I believe the BBB is an independent corporation. I don't think they have any involvement with the government.
You are correct, Sir. The BBB will happily sell you a good rating for the right price.

Quick Reply: Srry for doing this custom maxima...