5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello everyone picked up a black 2002 maxima se with only 72400 with a clean carfax and bought for just under 6k it is running super smooth, used to own a 1998 gxe which I did not take care of but will make sure to take care of this one...
Old 09-20-2012, 04:33 PM

Hello All

I bought a 2000 Black Auto Maxima for $3500 after my wife wrote off our 97 white maxima.

Its bone stock and will probably remain that way until it becomes my car officially, when I buy my family a mini van for the kids I will be having in the very near future. Even then it will probably only get my hand-me-down parts from my 04 G35. Like my set of 18" 7 spoke (gunmetal) rims. brakes if I get brembo's.

G35 is 6 speed manual lowered with Tien springs on factory sport (red) shocks. 19" coupe Rays (gunmetal colour). I upgraded the brakes to 07 350Z brakes (non brembo) Has a K&N drop in filter. Stainless Y pipe, and full Ti axel back exhaust. I also have DC sport headers (not installed yet)

Few pics and vids

G35 vid

Old Maxima with stock G35 rims

Name:  2011-11-05150627_zpsb3f22259.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  126.2 KB

G35 and New Maxima

Name:  20120908_190524_zpsc281a968.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  131.5 KB

G35

Name:  2012-05-10162406.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  114.8 KB
Old 09-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I picked up my 2000 Maxima SE 5sp this morning. It has 185K on it and runs like a top. Front suspension could be a bit tighter, but cant complain too much based on the mileage, so the first task will be a clutch kit and bushings, ball joints and tie rods.

It is my work car and I spend a lot of time on the road. I put 40K miles on the FOCUS this is replacing since January of this year, so I see a lot of stick time. So far I love it, and put about 500 miles on it today. The FOCUS went to the happy hunting ground last thursday after I killed bambi's mom with it.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 PM

new to fourm

hello 5th gen owners.. I just picked up a 01 SE , 5 speed.. nice car, reminds me of my 97 altima.. but more power and a little bigger.

so far i have to clay bar and wax the whole car, upgrade the rotors and pads, might need to replace the alt might upgrade the lights to HID. Just put new tires all around.

so I will be looking around the forum and hope to post a few pics soon..

Thanks in advance ...
Louied
Old 09-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello 5 Gen owners,

I just picked up my first 01 GLE Maxima. This sleek ride has 150k. $3800 is the price I paid for this ride and was wondering if I paid too much. It does need a IACV and maybe an O2 sensor. The heated seats function but there's a small rip on both the front driver side seat and passenger seat. Other than that the leather is in good condition. Soon to post before pics during the mods. My qusetion is how do I get the "service engine soon" light off??? The car runs great and did not miss a beat when I was running a 120 mph in cruise control. I do need help with mods on this ride but don't know where to start. I do want the most/best performance from this beast when I'm up again other Totoya Civic and Honda Accords. So please direct me into the right path for restoring this 01 GLE Maxima. Need maintenance list of things to do and the priority of the things to on on this list.

Thank you in advance,

TalkinReckless

Old 09-25-2012, 05:10 AM
Suspension Yoda

Originally Posted by TalkinReckless
I just picked up my first 01 GLE Maxima. This sleek ride has 150k. $3800 is the price I paid for this ride and was wondering if I paid too much. It does need a IACV and maybe an O2 sensor. The heated seats function but there's a small rip on both the front driver side seat and passenger seat. Other than that the leather is in good condition. Soon to post before pics during the mods. My qusetion is how do I get the "service engine soon" light off??? The car runs great and did not miss a beat when I was running a 120 mph in cruise control. I do need help with mods on this ride but don't know where to start. I do want the most/best performance from this beast when I'm up again other Totoya Civic and Honda Accords. So please direct me into the right path for restoring this 01 GLE Maxima. Need maintenance list of things to do and the priority of the things to on on this list.

Thank you in advance,
TalkinReckless
Congrats on the new car. SES light can be turned off with an OBDII scanner. You can either buy one, or go to AutoZone and have them read the code (the reason the light is on) then reset it.

120mph in cruise control? Ease up, we don't condone reckless driving. Also, I didn't know cruise control worked that high.

I'd start with the standard fluid changes, filters, and PCV valve.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:11 AM
Suspension Yoda

Originally Posted by louied9
hello 5th gen owners.. I just picked up a 01 SE , 5 speed.. nice car, reminds me of my 97 altima.. but more power and a little bigger.

so far i have to clay bar and wax the whole car, upgrade the rotors and pads, might need to replace the alt might upgrade the lights to HID. Just put new tires all around.

so I will be looking around the forum and hope to post a few pics soon..

Thanks in advance ...
Louied
Welcome to the forum! If you're looking for a way to clean up your trunk, check out a product I've developed - a replacement spare tire cover. Details in my signature.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

New here

Hello, people. I have used the forum to install a new radiator and thermostat as well as other tricks and tips. Figured it was time I dove in to show my appreciation for all of the information supplied here by real Maxima owners. I bought a 2003 Maxima SE Pearl Titanium edition in February of 2006. Only had 35k on it. Now it has 167k, but still going strong, thanks to you guys.

Next up are two major projects. Gutting the entire BOSE system and installing a real audio/video set up and replacing the power plant. Has anyone tried putting an Infiniti V8 in the Maxima? The Nissan 3.5 is OK but I don't want to make a lot of after market mods. I would rather just replace it rather than rebuild it.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello to all,

Thanks for all the great info as it has help me with my new to me 01 GLE I picked up in the spring as I need a new all around driver. Not knowing anything about these cars I purchased mine from a guy at work for $500.00. I knew it needed a bit of work but I ended up with the dreaded lower rad support replacement, brakes all around including the rear calipers and I had to put a windshield in it.

Great car so far as I have had it on the road for about a week now. Car has 180,000 kilometers as I am in Canada.

I am trying to attach my rad support replacement pics and yes as the write up says I used a Nissan replacement not after market.

Name:  th_48e9c91d.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  14.0 KBName:  th_b61d5878.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  14.0 KBName:  th_d0c9ee2b.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  14.0 KBName:  th_748847c3.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  14.0 KB

Pics are in the wrong order but you get the drift. Just a few of the many I took that day. Was not a bad job took about 8 hours in the driveway on a sunny Saturday afternoon.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by djfrestyl
Welcome to the forum! If you're looking for a way to clean up your trunk, check out a product I've developed - a replacement spare tire cover. Details in my signature.

I can vouch for the quality of that spare tire cover. I ditched the flimsy factory piece and replaced it with one of djfrestyle's. Much more durable, and professional-quality piece. I can set a sub box on his, and not worry about it flexing/breaking

Originally Posted by Keefusk
Next up are two major projects. Gutting the entire BOSE system and installing a real audio/video set up and replacing the power plant. Has anyone tried putting an Infiniti V8 in the Maxima? The Nissan 3.5 is OK but I don't want to make a lot of after market mods. I would rather just replace it rather than rebuild it.
I don't know off the top of my head if anyone's done an Infiniti V8 in a Max, the searchbar would be the first place I'd look for info. A LOT of great info up there!

http://forums.maxima.org/audio-elect...nt-thread.html

^--Great thread to start, when thinking about replacing the Bose system.

Originally Posted by Lumpy971
Hello to all,

Thanks for all the great info as it has help me with my new to me 01 GLE I picked up in the spring as I need a new all around driver. Not knowing anything about these cars I purchased mine from a guy at work for $500.00. I knew it needed a bit of work but I ended up with the dreaded lower rad support replacement, brakes all around including the rear calipers and I had to put a windshield in it.

Great car so far as I have had it on the road for about a week now. Car has 180,000 kilometers as I am in Canada.

I am trying to attach my rad support replacement pics and yes as the write up says I used a Nissan replacement not after market.

Pics are in the wrong order but you get the drift. Just a few of the many I took that day. Was not a bad job took about 8 hours in the driveway on a sunny Saturday afternoon.
Nice job on the project, welcome to the site! Those lower rad. supports can give out quickly, especially if you live in a snowy area where they use a lot of road salts.

Easy way to embed full-size pics is to copy/paste the image location, click on the button, and paste the location in there.

Last edited by NmexMAX; 12-11-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:21 AM

Hello all, I wanted to drop in and give an internet hand shake to everyone. I am looking forward to learning a lot from you guys.

I no longer have an SR20 Powered car but I didn't want to change my name on here. I own a 2000 GLE Maxima fully loaded. FULLY stock and I have no plans of putting any aftermarket performance parts on the car I already lived that and I am done with it.

I use to own a 200sx SE-R Turbo Sr20-T, T28 and the typical mods won't bore you with the things I had on it.

I recently got my Metallic grey (KV3) repainted a couple of days ago and I am going to cut and buff it in a month or so to get the smooth glass look. Was looking for the AE Lip but couldn't find one used for sale

Posted some pictures, out with the old in with new, or newer i guess.
Attached Thumbnails Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.-dsc_0064.jpg   Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.-dsc_0066.jpg   Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.-imag0323.jpg  
Old 10-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

ayoo

Suppose I'll make an introduction as well -

Picked up an '03 SE/M6 about 2 weeks ago. 135,000 kms - $5,500 in Southern Ontario (I'm from Toronto, go to school in Windsor)

A friend of mine had two max's before (4th and 5th gen) and for the price I think they're one of the best cars you can buy.

Mine came in that silver (KV3 or MK3 or w/e the paint code is) colour with a gray interior (bleh). was hoping for black but I only had 2 days to find and buy a car. (go figure a black-interior one with 10k less km's went on sale the day I bought this one - and for the same price )

I don't have much in the way of plans except for making this car exceptionally clean. I've got a good foundation to work on but some things need attention. The list so far is as follows:

-New Rims (either Maxima or G35 rims) with new Tires
-Touch up hood stone chips and then detail the crap out of it
-Revitalize the not-so-faded headlights to look brand new
-LED license plate lights (And thats likely the extend of LED lights - I don't like the cold feel they give the interior - might consider side-marker LED's)
-Possibly side marker blinker mod (did it to my friends 5th gen)
-The brightest, whitest, Non-HID bulbs I can find for the fogs (and possibly the fog-only rewire)
-Rear door window seal fix (already done, works like a dream)
-Rear seatbelt rattle fix as well as sound deadener on the rear deck (I'm a noise/rattle/refinement ****)
-Possibly a double-dinn head unit (really want the AUX-in and iPod connectivity)
-Possibly some subtle performance mods
-Paint the calipers (similar silver colour to the car) - maybe throw on some Nissan decals?

Going for an overall Super CLEAN look (and like-new performance)

Its hard to justify spending on performance mods when I have an '84 Z/28 that I toy around with - the money would be better spent on that car instead. But I am open to them if they offer a reasonable power return for the money spent. any mods I do would have to look as if they may have come from the factory that way (eg, Nissan/Infiniti rims, exhaust + muffler (maybe off a 370z - I'd like to keep it quiet but that start up purr is nice)?, flat black subtle CAI etc..) If anyone knows of some reasonable mods I'm all ears - I'll also be hunting the Forums.

Last edited by BlackZ28; 10-16-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by BlackZ28
Suppose I'll make an introduction as well -

Picked up an '03 SE/M6 about 2 weeks ago. 135,000 kms - $5,500 in Southern Ontario (I'm from Toronto, go to school in Windsor)

A friend of mine had two max's before (4th and 5th gen) and for the price I think they're one of the best cars you can buy.

Mine came in that silver (KV3 or MK3 or w/e the paint code is) colour with a gray interior (bleh). was hoping for black but I only had 2 days to find and buy a car. (go figure a black-interior one with 10k less km's went on sale the day I bought this one - and for the same price )

I don't have much in the way of plans except for making this car exceptionally clean. I've got a good foundation to work on but some things need attention. The list so far is as follows:

-New Rims (either Maxima or G35 rims) with new Tires
-Touch up hood stone chips and then detail the crap out of it
-Revitalize the not-so-faded headlights to look brand new
-LED license plate lights (And thats likely the extend of LED lights - I don't like the cold feel they give the interior - might consider side-marker LED's)
-Possibly side marker blinker mod (did it to my friends 5th gen)
-The brightest, whitest, Non-HID bulbs I can find for the fogs (and possibly the fog-only rewire)
-Rear door window seal fix (already done, works like a dream)
-Rear seatbelt rattle fix as well as sound deadener on the rear deck (I'm a noise/rattle/refinement ****)
-Possibly a double-dinn head unit (really want the AUX-in and iPod connectivity)
-Possibly some subtle performance mods
-Paint the calipers (similar silver colour to the car) - maybe throw on some Nissan decals?

Going for an overall Super CLEAN look (and like-new performance)

Its hard to justify spending on performance mods when I have an '84 Z/28 that I toy around with - the money would be better spent on that car instead. But I am open to them if they offer a reasonable power return for the money spent. any mods I do would have to look as if they may have come from the factory that way (eg, Nissan/Infiniti rims, exhaust + muffler (maybe off a 370z - I'd like to keep it quiet but that start up purr is nice)?, flat black subtle CAI etc..) If anyone knows of some reasonable mods I'm all ears - I'll also be hunting the Forums.
good buy man sounds great. intake can be a great cheap performance mod, if youre into subtle though, the intake is VERY loud which can be sort of counter productive. GAB or ghetto air box, will retain the stock look and also be on the quieter side while still giving a nice growl, not to mention its virtually free to do. if i were you id also look into a nice set of lowering springs and struts, gives the car a more aggressive look, and i always thought nissan made these cars to high from the factory. my .02
Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

New 2 the fourm

hey how is every1. im new 2 the fourm i have a 2002 max gle with a 157xx on it still runnin strong. glad i found this fourm lots of stuff here 2 learn & kno. i call my max is my wht gurl
Attached Thumbnails Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.-sam_0156.jpg   Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.-sam_0157.jpg   Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.-sam_0166.jpg  
Old 10-21-2012, 12:01 PM

2002 6mt maxima 92k miles

Finally back in a maxima. this is my 4th 2x 96' and an 03. Been looking for almost a year now and finally found one about 300 miles away so I jumped on it. Extremely happy to be back in one. Bought the 5 speed altima to hold me off until a 6mt maxima was available. Plan to tint, lower, wheels and clear lights etc. Nothing too extreme, just enjoy driving it

cheers

Name:  _DSC1041.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  68.8 KB
Name:  _DSC1039.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  98.9 KB
Name:  _DSC1038.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  93.7 KB
Old 11-25-2012, 12:51 PM

Hello Maxima Owners, I have recently joined this forum and the "club" with my purchase of a used 2001 Maxima SE which I originally thought was an AE but corrected by this forum info. I have been having some issues with the fuel system since taking possession and this forum has been super helpful with offering advice and feedback. Thanks to all who have taken the time to assist and advise. Looking forward to sharing my driving experience and repair details as well. I just wish it wasn't coming to winter because I'm in New England and have no garage. Thanks again for making me feel so welcome all!
Old 11-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

New to the fam!

Hey guys!
Just inherited a 2001 Max SE AE Auto w/ 60k miles recently. Had an 01 Audi A4 before, and very sad it died on me =(. Never even looked into owning a nissan before, but I have to say this max is pretty awesome! I am looking forward to playing around with it. I have already added a 1148 Vibrant muffler and catback to it, pulled it off my A4. Already sounds fantastic, and I am currently looking for cai options right now (open to suggestions). Excited to check these forums out, and make some friends. =D
Old 11-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

just bought an 01 max.. loving it so far...looking to do some simple things like suspension rims and some minor other things.. any suggestions? thanks guy/girls.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 PM

Hey fellow Maxima owners,

Just picked up an '03 Max 6spd TE with 133k miles from a member of the site. Isn't the finest example of the 5.5 gen but my intentions are to bring it back to its former glory. Will take a considerable amount of work but it will be worth it end.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

What's up guys!!! I just purchased an 03 Maxima SE 6spd Titanium edition the other day. It has 110k miles. This is my first Max and I can't wait to start making a few changes to her!!! I bought the Glacier Pearl (Pearl White) and I haven't decided if I wanna go with 5% or 15% on the tint. Any thoughts?? I have 2 Kicker Solo-baric 10's that will probably go in soon. I am also thinking about some new shoes, maybe like some 18's or 19's. This seems like a good place to learn a few things and get a few good ideas!!!

Last edited by BigRod; 12-11-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:23 PM

Wussup, I have a 1993 Maxima and just recently acquired a 2000 Maxima GXE 5spd. My new, Daisy, has only has 100k on the body and about 85K on the motor (3.0L from a 2000 i30). I got got some plans and upgrades I want done. The car came with 18" Ray's forged G35 wheels, a STILLEN front touring lip & side skirts. I plan on removing the lip and skirts if I cant find a rear lip for a reasonable price. Car has a Bluetooth Pioneer head unit, stock speakers, 10" kicker, and 500 watt Alpine amp. I plan on changing the head lights since they're fogged out, exhaust and installing an Injen CAI soon. heres a link to some pics

http://forums.maxima.org/album.php?albumid=7406
Old 12-16-2012, 03:48 PM

Just got a 2002 GLE (auto.... :l ) with 113,000 miles. I love this car. I use to own a '96 SE that I drove the ***** off of. I took it to 230,000 miles then traded it in on a Thunderbird, Then Thunderbird for a Mustang, then Mustang to a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and now my '02 max. I've already done the GAB mod and added a new 12" sub to the stock system, plan on dropping in a new High performance air filter, Getting a new high performance muffler (Not cat-back, I'm poor.) New black wheels, Black Stillen front lip, Black Tails and side markers, and tint. No, I'm not going to turn this into a bowl of rice. I want to keep'r nice and clean at all times and keep the exhaust nearly silent. The 3.5 has plenty of power, so I'm not going to go overboard with performance mods. This forum is highly informational and I'm glad to be a part of it.
Attached Thumbnails Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.-img_20121215_144833.jpg  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:17 PM
YGG

Sup guys, 19 and live in LaSalle ON (kinda Windsor), been lurking here for a few days and bought a Maxima during that period. My S10's rear end crapped out and I decided to stop throwing money in the polished pile (paint is nice, you'll see it) so I was looking at Civic's with B16s. Got looking in Toronto and bought a Maxima instead, I love VQ35's since my dad had an 07 6 Speed sport sedan so it was a no brainer. Love it!
For anyone wondering, yes, that's a 7th gen in my neighbors driveway.
Name:  zgDWVl.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  58.3 KB
Name:  3f4mSl.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  55.5 KB
Name:  B93Etl.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  46.6 KB

Last edited by YGG; 05-01-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:12 PM

Welcome back! Plans sound good.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:19 PM
PGM

3 of the best cars I have owned 99 niss Max se, 99 nissan max gle, 2010 niss Max sv
Old 12-25-2012, 12:38 PM

New from KY

hey im chris from hopkinsville ky just bought a 2001 AE edition auto maxima charcoal grey with 58000 miles
Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2K Maxima from NYC

First of all I would like to say Happy New Year to everybody. I just bought a 2000 Maxima with 125,000 miles. It has a Stillen lip kit and was painted with a custom charcoal gray paint with 3 layers of clear. It has Ksport GT Pro Coilovers and 18" staggered Ray's Track Wheels. It has a black '03 fabric interior. I was a Toyota man for a long time but am fully converted now thanks to this beautiful car. I should of converted a long time ago...
Attached Thumbnails Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.-10607_509236972439413_580856653_n.jpg   Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.-301051_509237279106049_30200397_n.jpg  
Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2nd time Maxima owner. Long time site visitor. Today, after searching this forum for the ?thousandth time, I figured that I should probably register. I look forward to posting some finished pics of my 5.5th Gen on here and getting some feed back.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am also a new member and am enjoying reading about other peoples maximas. I have a 01 max gle with 239k and it still runs like a top! If any one knows if I can replace the non illuminated steering wheel switches with illuminated ones let me know.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

First time Maxima Owner

I was looking for a little bit more than just a commuter so I could keep the miles down on my pickup. I come from a family of long time Nissan/Datsun Owners (My first car was a 1970 Datsun Pickup). I just bought a 2002 Maxima SE with 124000 for a great price. Thanks to the advice that I have found on this forum I have already made a couple of quick repairs and all that is left is the power steering hose. Great car, and it flat out scoots. Anybody have suggestions to increase gas mileage.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by mcyr
I was looking for a little bit more than just a commuter so I could keep the miles down on my pickup. I come from a family of long time Nissan/Datsun Owners (My first car was a 1970 Datsun Pickup). I just bought a 2002 Maxima SE with 124000 for a great price. Thanks to the advice that I have found on this forum I have already made a couple of quick repairs and all that is left is the power steering hose. Great car, and it flat out scoots. Anybody have suggestions to increase gas mileage.
Increase gas mileage? Ummm...buy a Prius?

The best thing you can do is keep it tuned and stay out of the pedal. Most of us don't know how to that (stay out of the pedal). Fill her with premium and enjoy your new ride.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

been lurking for a while now. just acquired a neglected 03 maxima with 131k miles and a trashed motor

Last edited by 03SE-XY; 01-30-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey guys, my name is Cory. I'm 20. Honolulu, Hawaii. my girlfriend & i just picked up a 2002 GLE with 140k miles (kinda a lot for Hawaii miles). gunmetal grey paint, black interior. currently all stock, but wanted to do some major changes to the new baby, especially since there's no built 5th gen's down here (well, none that i can see). was thinking about dropping her first on some full coilovers.

But, in your guys opinions..which short ram would be a good choice? i cant find many different choices online..
Old 02-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi, Just want to say that I love this Forum.

I just got myself my first car and yes Its a 2002 Maxima QX. Have hade it for about 6 months now. Iam loving every day of it. So heres the specs

2002 Maxima QX VQ20
Manual
233 000 on the clock
stock stander apart from the lights
Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.-max1.jpg

From South Africa, Cape Town
Old 02-06-2013, 07:47 PM

Wassup everybody, I'm new up on here. Just put a down payment on a 03' Maxima SE 6 speed. This my 2nd Maxima SE. I used to have white/black 92' 5 speed. Let me know if you're from Philly. I'm tryna find the local community here. PEACE
Old 02-06-2013, 08:57 PM

Hey Fellow Maxima owners! New member here. long time lurker. My name is Marc and i purchased my black 02 maxima se 6 speed not too long ago. Completely stock with 79k miles on her. For good price too. Only 5900.

Havent done much to her yet but i plan on it. So far i got homemade sri intake. Got some Amsoil synthetic in the engine. Redline in the tranny. Painted the grill black. Just purchased a nwp bop today so im waiting for that to come. Im excited! I love my car. It runs strong with absolutely no problems so far!

Lots of modding plans for the future!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sup ya'll

My pops bought himself a 2013 Accord so he sold me his 2000 maxima with 90K miles for $2500. Its a GLE with all the goodies. Whats more important is that i've done all the work on it since he bought that sucker so i know exactly what it needs. Cant wait to get started on modding this bad boy and interacting with others on this board.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am 15 and own a 2000 SE with 240,570 miles and the engine coils need to be replaced along with the power steering pump other than that its an amazing car i plan to stick with it for awhile
Old 02-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by jcbl426
hello everyone picked up a black 2002 maxima se with only 72400 with a clean carfax and bought for just under 6k it is running super smooth, used to own a 1998 gxe which i did not take care of but will make sure to take care of this one...:d
Old 02-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi

Hi From Adairsville, GA. I Just Bought A 99 Maxima GLE. I'll Post A Pic Tomorrow. I Didn't Know Where The 4th Gen Introduction Was... Could An Admin Or Mod Move This Post

Last edited by SASMith391; 02-08-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.