5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Beaten by a Civic!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 10:38 PM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by Ludacris

And the celly glued to the ear.
Ya that too! Making fake *** phone calls!

Old 01-02-2002, 10:41 PM
PhatGuy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beaten by a Civic!

Originally posted by Driven EF9

Sorry, maybe i should exaggerate more:
20-25.

Mind you, I'm only basing it on people who have MODIFED vehicles.

If you notice, there's actually a lot more people who are doing swaps into hondas, mainly cause the price to do one is getting quite cheap. And a hybrid civic/crx/accord can be quite fast. Who knows what the civic had, as the two gentlemen never traded secrets. so, why assume?

too bad the civic was smoking afterwards. Probably a radiator hose or a leaky gasket.

PhatGuy, question: what's your utter dislike towards Hondas without any true knowledge of the vehicles?

I mean, I dislike all hondas short of CRXs and Preludes, but, least i know a good deal about the cars I dislike. You seem to show hatred without knowledge or experience. Just base it on the minority of those who choose to "rice" out their hondas. It's almost to a point of racism, if you ask me. You seem to show hatred towards anyone who drives a Honda. Do you want to talk about this? I can help you.

Let's avoid another Maxima vs. every other car that isn't a Maxima or Honda vs. Maxima thread. They're tiresome and lack interest, especially when no facts are posted by either side.

On a side note, based on a street race:
Some goofy LS1 owner thought it'd be funny to race me and my friend in his z32... well, the LS1 tried to run around me while i was in 2nd gear and he didn't start gaining until after 3rd gear where I let off knowing he would begin putting the hurt on me. Then he raced my friend's z32. That was much more embarrassing as the LS1 had to watch the Z32's taillamps disappear from 90mph-160mph where the LS1 had roughly 6 car lengths behind the Z. I'd never race a Z or a Supra on a freeway, that's asking to be murdered.

This is a Maxima forum namely a 5th Gen Maxima forum. I don't care about your love for Honda and all the crap about them! And if I did I would go to a forum relating to them.

Btw I like the NSX but would never buy one. I also like some Honda Bikes and riding Lawn mowers but that is about it! Sorry no Civic for me! How is youc car coming along? Can it do 145+ mph yet?

Old 01-02-2002, 10:57 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beaten by a Civic!

Originally posted by PhatGuy
This is a Maxima forum namely a 5th Gen Maxima forum. I don't care about your love for Honda and all the crap about them!
Love? Your ignorance is quite vast. Like i mentioned before, would you like to discuss you feeble mind to understand some of these difficulties you're having? I can help you...just let me!

Also, to understand and know your "enemy" kinda helps understand when one does beat you. You make it seem like a miracle occured cause a civic beat a maxima, when in fact a civic can be made much faster than a civic for quite a few thousand dollars. Whether it'll be as nice as a maxima is biased and isn't what the discussion is about. It's merely a posting of how a maxima owner got beat by a civic and what items a civic would need to beat a maxima. If you have problems with understanding this, i suggest you stop posting.

Btw I like the NSX but would never buy one.
I'm not fond of NSXs. I wouldn't pay more than $25K for any Honda. And for the price of a used NSX, i could get a MKiv Supra TT and have it properly modified.

How is youc car coming along? Can it do 145+ mph yet?
Coming along quite nicely. I got a water temp and oil pressure gauges the other day and an oil catch can (hefty one quart bottle at that). The catch can might be overkill... And when going 145mph becomes necessary, i'll letcha know.
Let me know when you can get to a 100mph in a 1/4mile or less...
or when you can get 1.0+ lateral Gs on a skidpad...
or click off 65+mph slaloms (I think stock 00-01 Maxima was doing 61mph, so, it should be too hard)...
or when your car can brake from 60mph in under 100',
or get 25mpg city while doing this,
or...or even track your car.
Better yet, let me know when you have some knowledge of any other car other than a Maxima.

I love this **** matches between us. It makes me laugh how narrow minded and lost you truely are.
Old 01-02-2002, 11:30 PM
PhatGuy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beaten by a Civic!

Love? Your ignorance is quite vast. Like i mentioned before, would you like to discuss you feeble mind to understand some of these difficulties you're having? I can help you...just let me!

Also, to understand and know your "enemy" kinda helps understand when one does beat you. You make it seem like a miracle occured cause a civic beat a maxima, when in fact a civic can be made much faster than a civic for quite a few thousand dollars. Whether it'll be as nice as a maxima is biased and isn't what the discussion is about. It's merely a posting of how a maxima owner got beat by a civic and what items a civic would need to beat a maxima. If you have problems with understanding this, i suggest you stop posting.

I'm not fond of NSXs. I wouldn't pay more than $25K for any Honda. And for the price of a used NSX, i could get a MKiv Supra TT and have it properly modified.

Coming along quite nicely. I got a water temp and oil pressure gauges the other day and an oil catch can (hefty one quart bottle at that). The catch can might be overkill... And when going 145mph becomes necessary, i'll letcha know.
Let me know when you can get to a 100mph in a 1/4mile or less...
or when you can get 1.0+ lateral Gs on a skidpad...
or click off 65+mph slaloms (I think stock 00-01 Maxima was doing 61mph, so, it should be too hard)...
or when your car can brake from 60mph in under 100',
or get 25mpg city while doing this,
or...or even track your car.
Better yet, let me know when you have some knowledge of any other car other than a Maxima.

I love this **** matches between us. It makes me laugh how narrow minded and lost you truely are.
Can your car do 145mph+ ?? Yes or no?

I can ride in comfort, class and style with my girl and her two hot friends and not be embarrassed!

Trust me if I wanted a fast hatch I would have a VR6 Turbo in a heartbeat!

Narrow minded and lost? Guy you gotta understand.... I really don't care! I know a lot about SHO's (owned a 93 5spd), VW (owned a Bug, Scirocco, VR6 Corrado and VR6 GTI). I don't care about Civics and the such! I really don't care especially reading all your BS and crap you spew on the Maxima.org about them. Take your car to the track and run your 13's (that you say you can do but haven't and brag about running a 15.9) then talk ****! Just talk about it somewhere else!

Guy your car is barely even a stock CRX anymore?? You don't even have a stock motor from what your are saying! Riced out CRX body with a different engine etc.. My car is a daily driver for city streets with a few bolt ons!

Btw if your such a great racer why are you not sponsored? Why are you not on circut getting paid? Instead of driving the POS you do?

Old 01-03-2002, 12:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Beaten by a Civic!

define "heavily".

Good death poster, but remember, for every civic that's faster than you, there's 10-15 civics that you're faster than.
Morelike for every civic that is faster then me there is 200,000 slower, I bet that's about teh odds.

The best race I ever had was againts a turbo charged 96ish 5spd Civic. We went at from 0-90 mph and I was dead even with him the whole way, at the end I ended up beating him by about 3-4 feet, damn that was a great race! BTW he got the jump on me because he decide to go on "2" rather then "3"{1-2-3 go!} . Ohh yeah, this was in my modded 95 max.
Old 01-03-2002, 12:30 AM

All the modded Hondas I've seen drive like d!cks, driving like they own the road. But when a muscle car or even I get next to them they start behaving good
Old 01-03-2002, 01:09 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Beaten by a Civic!

Sorry about you loosing the highway onramp race.

Congratulations on taking a Ricer Civic off the streets.
--- one down, 299,999 more to go...
Old 01-03-2002, 08:47 PM

Re: Re: Re: Beaten by a Civic!

hey, did you notice any gains with the chipped ecu? Also, any dyno runs to show any gain?

Finally, what all did the chip do, just do some better fuel maps?
don't have any dyno numbers....the jet v-force module basically alters the fuel and mapping to trick the ecu to send more fuel...it works at all rpm level, not just at wot. They dynoed a 98 Accord and it showed a 8hp gain across the rpm band...so, I'm guessing about the same....The milage is about the same...
Old 01-03-2002, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by Ludacris
All the modded Hondas I've seen drive like d!cks, driving like they own the road. But when a muscle car or even I get next to them they start behaving good
Eh... I hate most honda people for this reason alone.

and phatguy, this is for you:

That's on the back of my CRX As much as you wish I was, I'm not a honda fan. But, i respect properly modded and quick cars when I see one. And you're using the "ricer" term incorrectly. You're more of a riceboy than I...
Old 01-04-2002, 06:28 AM

Well, since I started this thread, I feel I have created a monster! I personally like Hondas and don't care about all the hate Honda crap I've been reading. The fact is both Hondas and Nissans are reliable cars when they come off the assembly line. Another fact is, in my stock Maxima I can cruise around town in a very nice riding and comfortable car and at the same time take it out racing and expect the car to perform respectably. One cannot expect this from a stock Civic. This is why I spent more money on the car itself as opposed to mods which make the car unreliable. I know my opinion may be different than many on the forum here, but at least my car will still be running fine after 100k miles.
Old 01-04-2002, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by haylo75
Well, since I started this thread, I feel I have created a monster!
Nah, it's just internet banter. In real life, it means nothing. I know Phatguy wouldn't say half the stuff he's posting to any honda guy. It's just merely smack talk... and sometimes, it's needed.

The fact is both Hondas and Nissans are reliable cars when they come off the assembly line. Another fact is, in my stock Maxima I can cruise around town in a very nice riding and comfortable car and at the same time take it out racing and expect the car to perform respectably. One cannot expect this from a stock Civic. This is why I spent more money on the car itself as opposed to mods which make the car unreliable.
well put. I tossed reliability out the window when i started modding my CRX. That's why I have a daily beater. modded cars aren't as reliable as stock cars...problem is, stock cars tend to lose their grin factor after awhile, of course, a modded car that is never modded again loses that same grin factor too.