5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

headers??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 09:50 AM

You guys aren't the only one's that are done. You actually supported what you're saying with "data," very impressive.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:59 AM

:metalmax:

Old 04-29-2012, 11:15 AM

This thread is silly and until it's dyno'd or ran at the 1/4...

Old 04-29-2012, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by LI_Max_WOT
I'm not trying to convince everybody that my "stock headers" are better, but just as a very good alternative to going full on headers.
But wait...

This combo will be better than any headers out there.

Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by 95VQ30
Dyno's are good, but for my setup there are things which will make a dyno certainly inaccurate, but that's my secret.
I guess there are just too many variables that could affect the outcome, and there would never be a clear result. In a quarter mile, I will speculate that my set up vs. conventional long tube headers would be nearly identical traps, with a faster 60' time on my setup.

Last edited by BobPezz; 04-29-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by WhoDatBuuL
thas funny everyone i know that has cattman didnt have a issue on the install , i dont wanta get obx just because of the few moddin u gota do make it fit , and you know whas funny i wrote megan racing this LONGGG behind letter 2 times and never got a answer smh. so good for their customer service
Only the unskilled, underequipped, nontech orgers had problems installing Cattman headers, most of the time spent was removing those rear heatshield bolts....Call Brian and be done with it or see if JBA will rescue you since they make headers for the VQ40 and VK56....Every shot you don't take is a shot you missed!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 PM

0-60 now under 5.2 seconds... (on a sub par execution) I have a new mod to be released in a week... Half of the mod dropped my 0-60 from 5.4xx to 5.1xx...

This thing makes power!! You can undeniably hear a difference between videos.

First half: 5.4xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lZeK...feature=relmfu

With second half: 5.1xx (not even fully calibrated on a stock tune?!?! 95 miles after reset)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XyOm...ature=youtu.be

Intrigued? Or still convinced that I'm lost without a cause?!?!

TunerMaxima3000: Quote:
Soon, I'll be tuning on the fly. I want to break below 5 second 0-60, hopefully down to mid 4s on street tires. And give some exotics runs they won't forget

I'd break a 0-60 in under 5 seconds no problem without a camera in my hand and a better 1-2 shift! Hah, I'll tell ya, I'll break it a week after saying it. STOCK TUNE! It's hard to drive tho, being so confused about even the smallest little things and "digging myself holes".

NAYSAYERS PROCEED.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:42 AM

0-60 now under 5.2 seconds... (on a sub par execution) I have a new mod to be released in a week... Half of the mod dropped my 0-60 from 5.4xx to 5.1xx...

With second half: 5.1xx (not even fully calibrated on a stock tune?!?! 95 miles after reset)

I'd break a 0-60 in under 5 seconds no problem without a camera in my hand and a better 1-2 shift! Hah, I'll tell ya, I'll break it a week after saying it. STOCK TUNE! It's hard to drive tho, being so confused about even the smallest little things and "digging myself holes".

NAYSAYERS PROCEED.
"Intrigued?" NO!!! I've got this. I.E. PROVEN & DOCUMENTED power.

VS. LAME claims & videos E.G. HEARSAY = "Lost without a cause?" YES!!! Because.....

Old 05-02-2012, 11:58 AM

NAYSAYERS PROCEED.
I'm intrigued, but I still find it difficult to believe that they provide better gains than headers. How about this, send me a free set and I'll track them against my altima headers & 3" ypipe. Or I might dyno them with a bit of persuasion.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by BobPezz
"Intrigued?" NO!!! I've got this. I.E. PROVEN & DOCUMENTED power.

VS. LAME claims & videos E.G. HEARSAY = "Lost without a cause?" YES!!! Because.....

Old 05-02-2012, 02:08 PM

Let's assume for a second:

1. All of your equimpent to time this 'run' is actually calibrated, done by a triggered start, and triggered to stop precisely when you hit 60 MPH according to RADAR

2. You're doing this with a radar gun, not a dash speedo, which is on a good day, horribly inaccurate, even if we disregard the list of variables from tire size to tire wear

3. You're not just throwing numbers out, you actually did the above correctly, and have these numbers for sure, so much so, that you stating fractions of a second makes sense

Assuming all of this is true, that would put this car running about 13.3-13.8 seconds in a 1/4 mile, give or take a few points. None of this is impossible. By any stretch.

What you have to understand is, the way you're checking this is horribly inaccurate, you have no verified means for coming up with these numbers. You may as well have counted in your head once you pressed the pedal, and stopped when you saw your speedo hit 60 MPH. Do you understand this? I can go right now, drive my slow-**** DE-K and take a video of it, and claim the same thing. But it would be false, just as your claims could be, and the fact that you're trying to profit off these only intensifies the potential for these false claims.

This is the second by my count, of your increadeous claims.
1. These are somehow better than headers with mandrel bends, etc
2. This mod with supporting mods can bring your car into the 5second 0-60 range

Ridiculous, unsubstantiated nonsense.

Again, not saying your mod doesn't make power, or isn't good, but if this is what you consider proof that it's better than anything, even stock, then you're high off your a$$ son, and I wouldn't put on anything you made, because clearly your head is somewhere else.

sorry dude, but come on, what are you trying to do here?

Last edited by TunerMaxima3000; 05-02-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Banned

What is this wunderful product?Is it made by elf's using witchcraft?Does it come with a free bag of Bullsh!t? inquiring minds would like to know?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by schmellyfart
I'm intrigued, but I still find it difficult to believe that they provide better gains than headers. How about this, send me a free set and I'll track them against my altima headers & 3" ypipe. Or I might dyno them with a bit of persuasion.
And you can send me a second set to verify claims
Old 05-02-2012, 02:33 PM

Another headers thread?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by aackshun
And you can send me a second set to verify claims
Backoff Big A i'm next in line for these magical Elfen products that are produced in the dark woods of sherwood forrest using the same magical witchcraft the elfs use to make ChipsAhoy cookies!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:37 PM

With 0-60 times too?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:47 PM

I want cookies...
Old 05-02-2012, 02:52 PM

NAYSAYERS PROCEED.
You've come too the one place where arguably the most serious collection of Maxima enthusiasts are. Not only that where the majority of people with exhaust work on a 5th gen are.

The only way to make a claim is too back it up with actual numbers, actual data. People here aren't stupid.

Tough sell buddy. People here have been going far more in depth than you for a much longer period of time. Do some research before you start making claims, as far as I can tell you haven't got a leg to stand on.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by BobPezz
lol thats the same thing I was going to post. googled. "how to make you own headers" or something the like and found that
Old 05-02-2012, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Crusher103
Another headers thread?
Au Contrair... This is a 'Gutted Cats' & OEM Manifolds(W/a Top Secret Porting Process...Shhhh).
Are BETTER than Headers thread!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by GeRmAn_13
Im going to buy headers for my 2001 maxima and i was wondering if headers for a 95-99 would fit?
'

yes they do fit all motors are the same until 3.5
Old 05-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
lol thats the same thing I was going to post. googled. "how to make you own headers" or something the like and found that
The guy said he knew all about exhaust physics & went on a big 'stinking' rant on how his theories proved his point.
There's some good reading here! http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...ml#post8456424
Old 05-02-2012, 03:26 PM

There is a guy on here from the Sentra forums I believe saying he is going to start making long tubes for the 30 and 35 engines. He says about $1k but if they work it will be about 35hpish. lol at least he posted pictures of his products and you can see they are legit
Old 05-02-2012, 03:27 PM

Old 05-02-2012, 03:57 PM

Heres the real deal if people are interested and happen to waste their time on this thread

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...e-headers.html
Old 05-02-2012, 11:19 PM

Good. Very good. Now that I have your attention... The modification I will be putting for sale is not anything to do with exhaust, but I guess nobody here read the whole thread or misunderstood and went straight to flaming. The modification will alter the intake side of the engine. I only mention it here in this thread because of the publicity, and there's no such thing as "bad publicity." A for sale thread will be put up in about a week.

A teaser:

Here is a standard MAF adapter plate (about 2.75"ID) sitting inside my adapter plate (3.25"ID):

Name:  004-3.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  183.2 KB

The modification will most likely be dyno'd next Monday or Tuesday, in comparison with a standard SRI system. And placed for sale shortly thereafter. I'm anticipation around 10$/hp gain on this mod (dyno'd at around 10-15 hp on a stock tune). You can't beat that. I can accept up to 9 pre-orders. PM me to reserve your spot. Limited supply only.

I was never trying to "sell" my "stock header" idea to anybody.

My monster SRI setup:

Name:  019-4.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  217.0 KB
Old 05-03-2012, 06:38 AM

No dum dum, we went at you for the clear and stated reason that you said your stock manifold modification was BETTER than headers.

That's it.

So youve just made a bigger piece of intake ducting between the MAFS and the Air filter, is this correct?

If so, GL with that. It's dyno proven that a SRI isn't the best setup. And seeing as you're still running a stock MAFS, there isn't much point to this at all. Now, if you changed the MAFS for a 3.25" ID one (which is too big for a basically stock engine without boost, BTW), then it might make some sense.

What you should have done is make the Adapter the proper size to match the MAFS, whcih most of them dont. THAT would be very smart, because people would buy it, no question. I would.

I hated that the MAFS adapter was just a bit smaller in ID than the stock intake, it's ridiculous. The worst part is the one I got was for a 350Z, and they have an even bigger intake (3" ID, IIRC), so this MAF adapter is seriously too small for them.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:03 AM

Last tease:

Name:  011-2.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  204.7 KB

Reserve your spot today...
Old 05-03-2012, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by 95VQ30

funniest **** i've seen all day
Old 05-03-2012, 05:11 PM

Last tease:

Reserve your spot today...

Originally Posted by essential1
that fool in the headers thread really tryin to get rich off of a maf adapter...
Originally Posted by J_MAxxX
Like Tunermaxima3000 said "So Youve just made a bigger piece of intake ducting between the MAFS and the Air filter"
LI_Max_WOT just keeps proving..."It's better to be silent and thought the fool. Than speak up and remove all doubt!"

Old 05-03-2012, 06:49 PM

Here's a teaser... the mod I'm working on will create massive gains on a stock tune (even more with a/f controllers), in the 5-15hp/tq range depending on your modifications, and it will only cost $120 + core deposit. Improved throttle response, a bump in the entire powerband no matter what you're modifications are. This will not be dyno'd, it will be guaranteed or your money back. If you don't think it's worth the money just send it back and I'll refund your money. You won't be sending it back. PM if interested. First few sets available in a few days YOU WILL UNDENIABLY FEEL IT! I'm guessing I gained about 15hp and 15tq, with my setup, and that is OVER a modification I'm sure you all have already.
im kinda late on this... but i just have a question... whatever mod you make our making, how can you say the engine performance mod will not be tested yet you can tell what the gains are??? what device can you use to tell that???... by all means and with all due respect, dont you think its something you would want to test before you gurantee???.... when you went shopping for a TV, you dont walk into a store with all electronics off and just go off a sales man word of mouth do you???... in this case you cant guarantee any gains other than just blatantly say "its guranteed gains" that has no backbone to it... if you believe in your product so much man, get some solid facts to sell it...

Last edited by Grand_hustle17; 05-03-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Heres the real deal if people are interested and happen to waste their time on this thread

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...e-headers.html
switches thread
Old 05-03-2012, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
if you believe in your produce so much man, get some solid facts to sell it...
YEAH!!!

Name:  photobucket-13606-1335449542613.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  52.0 KB

Old 05-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Banned

:metalmax:
Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jose aka Gorldo
'

the head is the same from 95-08... headers fit from 95-03, only reason its different in 04-08 is because the Y pipie... thats the same design in 95-03
Old 05-03-2012, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
YEAH!!!

Im typing on a netbook in the dark man while watching the NBA playoffs lol gimmi a break man ... mrs dead asleeo beside me and yapping like non other lol
Old 05-05-2012, 01:30 AM

TunerMaxima3000: What you should have done is make the Adapter the proper size to match the MAFS, whcih most of them dont. THAT would be very smart, because people would buy it, no question. I would.
That's what I did + half an inch larger. Cross-sectional area increased substantially, and a venturi cone in front of the MAF sensor, to speed up incoming air, as well as reduce turbulence in the entire intake system. But then again, I'm just theorizing and apparently I'm crazy.

Grand_hustle17 Quote:

Here's a teaser... the mod I'm working on will create massive gains on a stock tune (even more with a/f controllers), in the 5-15hp/tq range depending on your modifications, and it will only cost $120 + core deposit. Improved throttle response, a bump in the entire powerband no matter what you're modifications are. This will not be dyno'd, it will be guaranteed or your money back. If you don't think it's worth the money just send it back and I'll refund your money. You won't be sending it back. PM if interested. First few sets available in a few days YOU WILL UNDENIABLY FEEL IT! I'm guessing I gained about 15hp and 15tq, with my setup, and that is OVER a modification I'm sure you all have already.

im kinda late on this... but i just have a question... whatever mod you make our making, how can you say the engine performance mod will not be tested yet you can tell what the gains are??? what device can you use to tell that???... by all means and with all due respect, dont you think its something you would want to test before you gurantee???.... when you went shopping for a TV, you dont walk into a store with all electronics off and just go off a sales man word of mouth do you???... in this case you cant guarantee any gains other than just blatantly say "its guranteed gains" that has no backbone to it... if you believe in your product so much man, get some solid facts to sell it...
... as stated before, comparison dyno monday or tuesday.. Gains will be substantiated and pricing scheduled accordingly. Don't expect this to be sold at a steal of a price anymore. That is all.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:29 AM

That's what I did + half an inch larger. Cross-sectional area increased substantially, and a venturi cone in front of the MAF sensor, to speed up incoming air, as well as reduce turbulence in the entire intake system. But then again, I'm just theorizing and apparently I'm crazy.

... as stated before, comparison dyno monday or tuesday.. Gains will be substantiated and pricing scheduled accordingly. Don't expect this to be sold at a steal of a price anymore. That is all.
another question... im still a bit confused and not reading through the crap.... are you making headers (thread title) or some kinda larger MAF adapter??? (pics on this page)
Old 05-05-2012, 07:16 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
another question... im still a bit confused and not reading through the crap.... are you making headers (thread title) or some kinda larger MAF adapter??? (pics on this page)
When we proved him wrong about headers, he canned that idea and started talking about his larger maf adapter. Which can be made in about 5 minutes with parts from AutoZone I might add.

Last edited by essential1; 05-05-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Quick Reply: headers??