5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012 | 03:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
drill or hand tools?
drill or handtool? i used all hand tools when i changed them the first time cause im dangerous with 1/2" impact gun.it was actually easier to get the center loose that way too
Banned

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
You slacked today, didn't see wtf was for lunch.
all i had was 3 cans of spinich

Originally Posted by Rochester
Or IBM's OS/2 Warp.

(Oops, I dated myself again.)
'Roc' I used OS/2 Warp with a lot of success, way better than Win95. Took MS up to XPSP3 for an OS almost as stable. Too bad IBM had bad marketing and no apps for it.
Old 06-11-2012 | 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by BobPezz
... had bad marketing and no support.......
just like Betamax, from what I hear.
Old 06-11-2012 | 03:24 PM

As for wanting to see him dyno or track... it's not like he'd ever be truthful about it anyway, so what's the point?
Rochester speaks the truth!
Old 06-11-2012 | 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
WHat good would that do? That's like going to the dyno and not getting and AFR readout, hell, going to the dyno and not getting #'s period.
You know exactly what I'm taking about if you want to see my car in action.You know my stock cheap asz parts maxima spanking 350z/ g35's , new v6 camaro's,5.0 mustangs ...ect .
Old 06-11-2012 | 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
just like Betamax, from what I hear.
That's a fair analogy. From what little I remember, Warp was actually somewhat ground-breaking, and far more stable than anything Microsoft.

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
w00t w00t

Subframe collars at my house now
Now before you race home with one hand on the wheel and the other in your pants, understand that when you see these Subframe Collars, you're going to think to yourself, "Damn, I spent actual money on THIS?"

And that's OK. Get through it and get them on your car, and then all will be right with the world.

Last edited by Rochester; 06-11-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2012 | 03:33 PM

Now before you race home with one hand on the wheel and the other in your pants, understand that when you see these Subframe Collars, you're going to think to yourself, "Damn, I spent actual money on THIS?"

And that's OK. Get through it and get them on your car, and then all will be right with the world.

hehe no worries. I usually drive home that way anyhow, so I'll just continue to do it (wouldn't want to upset the harmony of the universe, y'know)

I assume they're going to basically be washers.
Old 06-11-2012 | 03:35 PM
Banned

As for wanting to see him dyno or track... it's not like he'd ever be truthful about it anyway, so what's the point?
Yup because I will forge the time slips and pay the dyno guy to bump up the who #'s lol at least that's what will be said when I get it done
Old 06-11-2012 | 03:36 PM
Banned

That's a fair analogy. From what little I remember, Warp was actually somewhat ground-breaking, and far more stable than anything Microsoft.

T_Behr rides his bike like this back behind the housing development with his magnified spectacles
Old 06-11-2012 | 03:38 PM
Banned

* dyno #'s
Old 06-11-2012 | 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by cjandura
T_Behr rides his bike like this back behind the housing development with his magnified spectacles

Speaking of bicycles, I need to get one of my Cannondale's back on the road. It needs a new crankset (bent) chain and cassette.
Old 06-11-2012 | 03:44 PM

does he understand that the only way he gonna gets more flow is from a turbo or screw drive
No! From past experience the guy won't listen to constructive criticism. 'Shocker' & 'Tuner' were on his case. I showed him well documented information proving his theories were BS. Dude just got butthurt spouting more BS & hearsay with nothing to back up the claims. I'm tempted to go in & bust his cojones. But timing is everything, going to wait until he digs another hole.
Old 06-11-2012 | 04:01 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

Originally Posted by 95VQ30
Well damn..

And by the way, what those Arabs do is NOT drifting. It's simply driving wrecklessly on public roads often times with FWD cars when traffic is at it's heaviest. Drifting is done on a track/controled environment with cars built for that specific purpose.
Old 06-11-2012 | 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Clashez
Yup because I will forge the time slips and pay the dyno guy to bump up the who #'s lol at least that's what will be said when I get it done
then do it
Old 06-11-2012 | 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by essential1
Well damn..

And by the way, what those Arabs do is NOT drifting. It's simply driving wrecklessly on public roads often times with FWD cars when traffic is at it's heaviest. Drifting is done on a track/controled environment with cars built for that specific purpose.
Yup that was just "Saudi swerving''. Just regular street cars, no roll cages, no nothing. Most of the time they don't even wear seat belts. Just a bunch of stupid people doing stupid things because they're bored as hell living out in the middle of the desert with nothing to do.
Old 06-11-2012 | 04:51 PM

* dyno #'s
I should have some by Saturday...
Old 06-11-2012 | 04:56 PM

test pipes installed.. video is uploading right now
Old 06-11-2012 | 04:57 PM

You know exactly what I'm taking about if you want to see my car in action.You know my stock cheap asz parts maxima spanking 350z/ g35's , new v6 camaro's,5.0 mustangs ...ect .
you're not talking about the 2012's are you? unless you're spraying, they're out of your league IMO

(out of my league too)
Old 06-11-2012 | 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by tookrzy4u192
test pipes installed.. video is uploading right now
Wanna see
Old 06-11-2012 | 05:00 PM

you're not talking about the 2012's are you? unless you're spraying, they're out of your league IMO

(out of my league too)
His trolling skills are lacking today.
Old 06-11-2012 | 05:05 PM

Wanna see
Here it is.. It was taken from my iPhone so not the best quality but you get the idea.. It's a little raspy but I think I'll get used to it.

Old 06-11-2012 | 05:06 PM

Here it is.. It was taken from my iPhone so not the best quality but you get the idea.. It's a little raspy but I think I'll get used to it.

Sounds good.
Old 06-11-2012 | 05:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
His trolling skills are lacking today.
Stop thinking about spanking!
Old 06-11-2012 | 05:09 PM

[video]
That sounds like fun.

Weird how the Top Gear crew hated on the 350Z, but I suppose if you see the world through Aston Martin lenses, most cars come up short.

I like your car, CF hood notwithstanding.
Old 06-11-2012 | 05:13 PM

I love it. If I had a z, that's how I would want it to sound.
Old 06-11-2012 | 05:19 PM

Sounds good.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love the sound
Old 06-11-2012 | 05:20 PM

Did you just agree with me? You have 20 seconds to change your mind.

LOL
Old 06-11-2012 | 05:27 PM
Banned

More Signs of the rapture Hustle & Rochester agreeing.whats next them sitting down to a nice wine and cheese brunch in the hamptons?
Old 06-11-2012 | 05:29 PM

Did you just agree with me? You have 20 seconds to change your mind.

LOL
what i meant was............................................... lol.... i quoted sential n t behr not you
More Signs of the rapture Hustle & Rochester agreeing.whats next them sitting down to a nice wine and cheese brunch in the hamptons?
Old 06-11-2012 | 05:41 PM

Rochester tells a story…

This morning I sat parked at a familiar stop light behind a Toyota Corolla, on the right side of three left turning lanes. When the light turned green, I watched as the car in the middle took off at full speed, racing down the road. It was a recent model BMW 335d.

Another half mile later, and I watched him pull into our office park, winding the full mile to the end, which is exactly where I was going. As I pulled into my favorite spot (all lonely and tucked away from everyone else), he pulled in a few spots away from me, kitty-corner across two spaces. I got out of my car and walked by as he was unloading… briefcase, laptop, suit, etc.

I said, “Is that a diesel?”

He looked at me surprised and said, “Yes! Yes it is.”

“Nice car,” I said. “You don’t see too many diesel bimmers around here.”

“I know, and it’s nuts because it’s a great car.”

Then, smiling right at him, I said, “And stud-parking your bimmer across two parking spaces, too. I haven’t done that since I was 17. Good for you!”

Still all grins from the compliments and the car talk, he said, “Thanks!” And then kind of froze there, all confused. I proceeded inside, chuckling quietly to myself.

I would like to thank Maxima.Org for teaching me the skills to insult a pompous stud-parking ***** right to his face, while doing so as a compliment and making him thank me for it. I couldn’t have done it without the Org.
Old 06-11-2012 | 05:48 PM

Rochester tells a story…

This morning I sat parked at a familiar stop light behind a Toyota Corolla, on the right side of three left turning lanes. When the light turned green, I watched as the car in the middle took off at full speed, racing down the road. It was a recent model BMW 335d.

Another half mile later, and I watched him pull into our office park, winding the full mile to the end, which is exactly where I was going. As I pulled into my favorite spot (all lonely and tucked away from everyone else), he pulled in a few spots away from me, kitty-corner across two spaces. I got out of my car and walked by as he was unloading… briefcase, laptop, suit, etc.

Then, smiling right at him, I said, “And stud-parking your bimmer across two parking spaces, too. I haven’t done that since I was 17. Good for you!”

Still all grins from the compliments and the car talk, he said, “Thanks!” And then kind of froze there, all confused. I proceeded inside, chuckling quietly to myself.

I would like to thank Maxima.Org for teaching me the skills to insult a pompous stud-parking ***** right to his face, while doing so as a compliment and making him thank me for it. I couldn’t have done it without the Org.
Old 06-11-2012 | 05:48 PM

Rochester tells a story…

eh, clever, but aresholness not really found.... lol
Old 06-11-2012 | 05:51 PM

Old 06-11-2012 | 05:57 PM

GEWT lawd!!! the driver mod be with him... with that launch im guessing slicks lol

GEWT lawd!!! the driver mod be with him... with that launch im guessing slicks lol
Yup.
Old 06-11-2012 | 06:02 PM

Yup.
i need to learn how to do this!!!...
Old 06-11-2012 | 07:53 PM

Sounds good.
Thanks!

That sounds like fun.

Weird how the Top Gear crew hated on the 350Z, but I suppose if you see the world through Aston Martin lenses, most cars come up short.

I like your car, CF hood notwithstanding.
Thanks ya! You should consider getting high flow cats once you start modding your car.

Thanks, I was hoping it wouldn't be too loud with my catback but this is perfect IMO. Drone isn't too bad when cruising either.

thanks
Old 06-11-2012 | 07:58 PM

Rochester tells a story…

Last edited by aackshun; 06-11-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Quick Reply: 5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)