5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012 | 04:04 PM

i know that juiceman is nowhere close to being a real rapper but this joint in the ride is a hype!!! one of my favs that he done did.... serves its purpose
Old 06-14-2012 | 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
Lots of sandy vagina's in here today...
Originally Posted by BobPezz
Got the high res peephole camera up & running in the ladies room eh?
Was you monitoring T_Behr's peephole camera?
Originally Posted by cjandura
No cause he keeps it on the old folks home now
Oh I didn't know where, since I wasn't looking. I seen too much of that old wrinkly stuff already at work. Makes the turtle want to pull his head in!
Old 06-14-2012 | 04:14 PM

bobprez in with the win. A car CAN be reliable with a SC running low boost. My opinion is biased of course but correct me if Im wrong, if you have a solid engine and your running 8psi then you wont run into any problems. Its when you put a TC on there and want to run 15psi that you run into problems lol. No way in hell a DD motor can handle that psi on a daily basis
Old 06-14-2012 | 04:15 PM

Oh I didn't know where, since I wasn't looking. I seen too much of that old wrinkly stuff already at work. Makes the turtle want to pull his head in!
You guys and your jokes...
Old 06-14-2012 | 04:17 PM

leaving it in they want me to have infusions 2x a week till the count gets above 10
Makes sense. That way they can just plug you in. Has your 'Doc' looked into putting you on a script for blood builders? We had a lady w/Mediterranean Anemia who was getting transfusions until they put her on them.
Old 06-14-2012 | 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
That's what I'm thinking I don't believe I can do this for less, and furthermore I haven't got the time to do it anyways

before i did the 6MT swap, i tried to think past just starting and a fellow female orger was the reason i kinda started, she said just start, once you start you will be so far in that before you know it that project is over... the hardest thing to do is to commit but once you buy the motor, before you know it you have a boosted G, another question?, why not just boost the motor you have now??? @ $2600 you can have a pretty nice start on a boosted setup on your regular motor, ive spoken to a couple of guys who boost those motors and heard otherwise... im not sure what your goal is bro but if its some kind of 500rwhp boosted car ill tell you to save yourself the hassle, if its a reliable 380-420whp boosted G then cool but if its some ground breaking "talked about" G then man more power to you but ill tell people to save the $$$ and invest that in a toyota motor
Old 06-14-2012 | 04:30 PM
Banned

Makes sense. That way they can just plug you in. Has your 'Doc' looked into putting you on a script for blood builders? We had a lady w/Mediterranean Anemia who was getting transfusions until they put her on them.
to ruff on my system i already have digestive issues and 99% of those meds cause constipation which is a painful ordeal
Old 06-14-2012 | 04:33 PM
Banned

Thats clashez report the post let Nmex handle rhe banning
It's the banning, let's just blame it all on me... lol
Theres horny girls all in the bar; you can blame that on me too
Old 06-14-2012 | 04:36 PM
Banned

hey you Azn wheres my #6 with extra shrimp?
Old 06-14-2012 | 04:39 PM

to ruff on my system i already have digestive issues and 99% of those meds cause constipation which is a painful ordeal
damn bro... you one em that be in the hospital everytime???
Old 06-14-2012 | 04:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
damn bro... you one em that be in the hospital everytime???
only when i caint fight it
i was never like this before then old age happened 30+ means down hill from that point on
Old 06-14-2012 | 04:59 PM

before i did the 6MT swap, i tried to think past just starting and a fellow female orger was the reason i kinda started, she said just start, once you start you will be so far in that before you know it that project is over... the hardest thing to do is to commit but once you buy the motor, before you know it you have a boosted G, another question?, why not just boost the motor you have now??? @ $2600 you can have a pretty nice start on a boosted setup on your regular motor, ive spoken to a couple of guys who boost those motors and heard otherwise... im not sure what your goal is bro but if its some kind of 500rwhp boosted car ill tell you to save yourself the hassle, if its a reliable 380-420whp boosted G then cool but if its some ground breaking "talked about" G then man more power to you but ill tell people to save the $$$ and invest that in a toyota motor
Good points all around dude. My current engine has semi-low compression on the rear two holes. Not a biggie, far from a deal breaker.

But if I'm going to boost it, I'm putting reliability out the window. Also, going to kill the engine in quicker fashion.

I need a reliable 350+ whp, that's my goal, not a big one not a small one.
That's all I need. More than that will just get me in trouble. And after all I can always upgrade to a T-Trim blower wheel or something if I do want more powah.

I figure I can only really run 6 PSI if I want reliability on this engine. And ill still need fuel pump and injectors and want to upgrade oil pump.

If I build the one I have that puts the car out of commision, not really do-able unless I have a back up car.
Old 06-14-2012 | 05:00 PM
Banned

Good points all around dude. My current engine has semi-low compression on the rear two holes. Not a biggie, far from a deal breaker.

But if I'm going to boost it, I'm putting reliability out the window. Also, going to kill the engine in quicker fashion.

That's all I need. More than that will just get me in trouble. And after all I can always upgrade to a T-Trim blower wheel or something if I do want more powah.

I figure I can only really run 6 PSI if I want reliability on this engine. And ill still need fuel pump and injectors and want to upgrade oil pump.

If I build the one I have that puts the car out of commision, not really do-able unless I have a back up car.
just use current motor as test subject after you get the new motor so that all you would have to do is pull and swap once you got it right
Old 06-14-2012 | 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
bobprez in with the win. A car CAN be reliable with a SC running low boost. My opinion is biased of course but correct me if Im wrong, if you have a solid engine and your running 8psi then you wont run into any problems. Its when you put a TC on there and want to run 15psi that you run into problems lol. No way in hell a DD motor can handle that psi on a daily basis
Roots, Screw, or Vane type Superchargers are commonly referred to as air blowers or PD (positive displacement) blowers. These types of blowers are typically used in automotive applications where a large volume of air must be moved across a relatively small pressure differential. The main advantage over a more efficient Centrifugal blower is the more linear pressure/volume of air vs. engine RPM. The Centrifugal Supercharger/Turbocharger draws its power from the movement of the drive where it is attached. At this point, the blower powers an impeller or small rotating wheel. The impeller draws air into a small compressor housing and centrifugal force sends the air into the diffuser scroll. The result is air that is highly pressurized, but that travels at low speed. The disadvantages are time needed for the impeller to spin up to the speed needed to produce pressure (lag) and that the pressure/volume output of centrifugal blowers is non linear with respect to engine RPM. Centrifugal blower pressure/volume typically rises disproportionately as impeller speed increases, risking over-pressurization at high engine RPM and/or poor low-mid range performance.
Old 06-14-2012 | 05:13 PM

i was never like this before then old age happened 30+ means down hill from that point on
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
Old 06-14-2012 | 05:18 PM

Fawk! Wait'll you get to my age. Lends a whole new meaning to going downhill FAST. I got a new ache or pain every day from doing NOTHING.

DR. SEUSS'
GOLDEN YEARS VERSE

The Golden Years have come at last.

I cannot see.
I cannot pee.
I cannot chew.
I cannot screw.
My memory shrinks.
My hearing stinks.
No sense of smell.
I look like hell.
My body is drooping.
I have trouble pooping.
The Golden Years have come at last.
The Golden Years . . . can kiss my ***.
Old 06-14-2012 | 05:25 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

Originally Posted by aackshun
Which??

I need a 02-03 Max engine harness, can you get your hands on one for like $70 and then ship it? I only wanna spend $90
I guess all of them except the knock sensor one. I don't know how many there are. I know there is one for the rear coil packs, and 3 injectors. Not sure what else there is. Maybe shift mac can chime in.

I'll try to track down that harness for you. I missed your call cause I was tidying up the 5MT ecu in the car. I've been driving with it in the passenger foot well area.
Old 06-14-2012 | 05:26 PM

yea bro just use the $$$ on your motor man, im going to probebly S/C in a few also, after the next couple of small parts to compliment that project, i say just do your own motor up if 350rwhp is the goal
Old 06-14-2012 | 05:27 PM

Just drop in this Boss 302 with the Whipple twin screw supercharger and call it a day. I think the G chassis can handle 700 horsepower...

Old 06-14-2012 | 05:52 PM
dot dot dot ...

I'm 31 and I'm fine.

Just tossed up some of that seafood medley fkn shiit is awesome BTW.

Oh and phatboi potato bread is the shiznit wow just bought some of that too. Ahhh I'm full now.

Oh and hustle I wnt to think the injector thing is like MAF voltage. Umma go look right now ... Old posts ftw
Old 06-14-2012 | 05:53 PM

also remember its $2600 + the turbo build... i personally think for your goal you can get all those things you mentioned and a decent tuning device for $2600 if the car being out of commission is what you are worried about then just buy another motor (i take it you know how to swap motors too right???
Old 06-14-2012 | 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
I'm 31 and I'm fine.

Oh and phatboi potato bread is the shiznit wow just bought some of that too. Ahhh I'm full now.

Oh and hustle I wnt to think the injector thing is like MAF voltage. Umma go look right now ... Old posts ftw
whoa whoa whoa lol.... if it wasnt for me and CJ phatboi wouldve still been on white wonder bread lol... the potato bread goes to me and CJ lol
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:00 PM
dot dot dot ...

Found it hustle. It is like the safc

Originally Posted by nismology
The self-learn fuel trims take effect in closed-loop only. Both the a/f ratio and ignition timing both use a feedback system during closed loop so any change you make on the s-afc below 40% throttle will be useless. In open loop X millisecond injector pulse width and Y RPM will get you Z degrees advance @ BTDC based on a stored map. Less MAF voltage via pulling fuel with the S-AFC means smaller injector pulse width which means more timing advance. So to compensate for the smaller injector pulse width, you need to either get injectors that flow more or bump up the fuel pressure.
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:05 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

Found it hustle. It is like the safc
You can do it via the iat... That's how one guy is doing it on a maxima.

Also, is there a setting on the AFC that can alter voltage other than the maf inputs? If so, you can hook that up to the iat and indirectly control timing that way.
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:06 PM
dot dot dot ...

whoa whoa whoa lol.... if it wasnt for me and CJ phatboi wouldve still been on white wonder bread lol... the potato bread goes to me and CJ lol
Ha! You converted both of us. Don't do bread during the week but I HAD to buy some it was staring me down . Threw down a slice after work then threw down another after dinner llol
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:08 PM
Banned

I'm 31 and I'm fine.

Did youmake the whole meal like i did or did you use bootleg pasta.you know for your health food guys you can make fresh whole wheat gluten free pasta i wouldnt do it but it can be done
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:09 PM
Banned

also remember its $2600 + the turbo build... i personally think for your goal you can get all those things you mentioned and a decent tuning device for $2600 if the car being out of commission is what you are worried about then just buy another motor (i take it you know how to swap motors too right???
Tuner has haltec already for tuning
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:10 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by essential1

Also, is there a setting on the AFC that can alter voltage other than the maf inputs? If so, you can hook that up to the iat and indirectly control timing that way.
But we want none of that. That's why i had to "downgrade" to my 3" MAF because timing was low.

I'd rather have direct
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:11 PM
Banned

Ha! You converted both of us. Don't do bread during the week but I HAD to buy some it was staring me down . Threw down a slice after work then threw down another after dinner llol
Now you just got to toast it slap sum butter and apple butter on it then youll be good
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:12 PM
dot dot dot ...

Did youmake the whole meal like i did or did you use bootleg pasta.you know for your health food guys you can make fresh whole wheat gluten free pasta i wouldnt do it but it can be done
Only used veggies. Just wanted to try the seafood stuff. No pasta
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:15 PM

Tuner has haltec already for tuning
ooooooooo i didnt know that lol
i swear that should be the only bread on the shelves lol, some crack in there somewhere i swear lol
Originally Posted by essential1

i dont think so...
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:15 PM
Banned

You can get potatobread in muffins,hotdog rolls,hamburger buns,steak rolls and english muffins also look for pepridge farm corn griddle cakes throw one of them in the toaster and slap some jelly on it and youll be happier then T_B at a prostate exam
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:19 PM
Banned

ooooooooo i didnt know that lol

i swear that should be the only bread on the shelves lol, some crack in there somewhere i swear lol

i dont think so...
Actually the iat adjust the injector pulse to compensate for outside air temp lean on cold and rich in heat i have a conversion for the 09 that converts the dual iat to a density system i dont know if that would work on the max system
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:22 PM

You can get potatobread in muffins,hotdog rolls,hamburger buns,steak rolls and english muffins also look for pepridge farm corn griddle cakes throw one of them in the toaster and slap some jelly on it and youll be happier then T_B at a prostate exam
i get the hotdog buns and burger buns lol
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:22 PM
Banned

May be the reverse im confused rich in cold lean in heat i forget i do know cold air is more dense
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:37 PM
dot dot dot ...

i get the hotdog buns and burger buns lol
Was just thinking of that and I need to find some ASAP
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe

One thing i can say having a sc'd DE-K is if the motor has been maintained properly throughout its life it won't hurt it. My car being a perfect example. The previous owner of my Max put the blower on at 120k and it has 175k now and doesn't leak or burn any oil. It's not my daily now but up until a few weeks ago i drove it 80 miles a day to and from work and it never skipped a beat. On a Mustang Dyno it made 328whp and 301 tq and had a huge boost leak and the sc belt was slipping from 5700 rpm's on up. It should have made peak at 6400. I wasn't happy about the boost leak and the belt slip but that being said even the guy running the dyno was really impressed with the numbers considering. And i drive this car extremly hard the majority of the time.

Last edited by 036mtmax; 06-14-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:39 PM

I'm 31 and I'm fine.
You're still a young man, and you exercise a lot. You should be fine.

CJ, however... that man is falling apart faster than a used Yugo. Kind of scary.
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
CJ, however... that man is falling apart faster than a used Yugo. Kind of scary.
I am a little worried about Cj. His past health issues added to a few mishaps with getting harpooned through the knee by a shifter linkage and then flashburns shortly thereafter... The poor man needs a change of luck in his favor.
Old 06-14-2012 | 06:49 PM

Actually the iat adjust the injector pulse to compensate for outside air temp lean on cold and rich in heat i have a conversion for the 09 that converts the dual iat to a density system i dont know if that would work on the max system
yea ive heard of where guys cover the IAT with a bag of ice at the track and the car supposedly ran better, not something i care to try though lol..

Quick Reply: 5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)