5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012 | 04:08 PM

It's def a terrible situation to be in now or ever but like Chester said man let's try n progress and try to be an outlet for CJ instead of going into the situation, let's all just lend a shoulder.... My cousin was raped by her step dad... He was trinidadian n was deported within days...
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Car stuff...

Watching an old Top Gear last night. They raced a Toyota Prius 10 laps around the track as fast as it would go, casually and effortlessly followed by a BMW M3, which was obviously not going as fast as it could go. The BMW got better mileage than the Prius.

Very cool.
No doubt! A Prius that's not running on batteries will most likely get pretty bad mileage w/ the lawnmower engine struggling to power it's bulk. Whole downside to hybrids is the weight of the battery pack, gas & electric motors.
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:11 PM

^hahahaha thats great. I don't get BBC with Charter here.....grrrrr only the American Top Gear which is ok but not the same dynamic that makes the English Top Gear so great
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by BobPezz
No doubt! A Prius that's not running on batteries will most likely get pretty bad mileage w/ the lawnmower engine struggling to power it's bulk. Whole downside to hybrids is the weight of the battery pack, gas & electric motors.
I would think that with constant WOT n braking vs just cruising the cars mpg should be more shytti
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
It's def a terrible situation to be in now or ever but like Chester said man let's try n progress and try to be an outlet for CJ instead of going into the situation, let's all just lend a shoulder.... My cousin was raped by her step dad... He was trinidadian n was deported within days...

Nice to offer assistance 'Shocker' but let it go, now isn't the time. There's lots of people that know people, Capiche?
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
I am owed a favor in the the area CJ lives and if after the trial justice is not served via the system.....rest assured it will be handled in private if CJ so desires. Over the course of my previous life I made quite a few disreputable friends and they would be more than happy to make a house call. Who knows maybe CJ will accidentally PM me a random address or picture and maybe I will randomly know what to do with it. Crazier things have happened
give me a damn break... people that can do something don't talk about it they just get it done.. you already incriminated your self lol
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:20 PM

Car stuff...

Watching an old Top Gear last night. They raced a Toyota Prius 10 laps around the track as fast as it would go, casually and effortlessly followed by a BMW M3, which was obviously not going as fast as it could go. The BMW got better mileage than the Prius.

Very cool.
Reminds me of my good friend who sometimes drives his parents' Prius. Every time I've been with him in that car he drives it like he stole it. Absolutely floors it at every possible opportunity.

I don't think he understands that doing that will make the mileage just as bad as any other car, but then again he's always just borrowing it for a short time when he can't use his car for whatever reason so I don't think he cares.
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Waxima
Reminds me of my good friend who sometimes drives his parents' Prius. Every time I've been with him in that car he drives it like he stole it. Absolutely floors it at every possible opportunity.

I don't think he understands that doing that will make the mileage just as bad as any other car, but then again he's always just borrowing it for a short time when he can't use his car for whatever reason so I don't think he cares.
Lol prime example why u can't trust ppl with Ur belongings there...
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:22 PM

Either way.

I've been messed up all day since reading this news last night. I have a pretty little 12 year old here at home, and this whole thing brings me to tears every time I think about it.

Can't do anything for CJ except share a tiny little bit of his pain. Still feels like a lump in my chest, though. Can't imagine what he's feeling.
I'm sort of stunned myself. I have no children of my own, but have dealt with family tragedy too often. On back reading your posts re; the situation I can only applaud your eloquent empathy. You're a good soul Rochester.
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:24 PM

There are lots of cars I would drive that some would consider lame. I would rock a mini cooper(modded of course) any day but a Prius is not one of them. I hate how it looks.
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:25 PM

Nice to offer assistance 'Shocker' but let it go, now isn't the time. There's lots of people that know people, Capiche?
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
you fixed your sig
Indeed. You were right, reading my post, then having to superglue the "page down" key to get past my signature was unnecessary.
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:40 PM

Car stuff...

Very cool.
I saw that episode. Good stuff.
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by dared3vil0
Indeed. You were right, reading my post, then having to superglue the "page down" key to get past my signature was unnecessary.

Yeah but don't worry there's a few others that are just as brutal as yours was.

One of them recently remedied his also

Old 07-18-2012 | 04:44 PM

I believe automotive hybrids should be built like diesel-electric locomotives. Have a small diesel engine spin a generator to power electricity to drive motors to wheels. That would deliver great mileage, great reliability and low maintenance.
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by phatboislim
never know what gets people's minds off of things...women wouldnt see us as working on our cars as a stress reliever, but for many, at least me, it is..so.....
yes it is brother.and work lots of hard brain hurting work
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:47 PM
Banned

that is my #1 outlet which im restricted from
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:49 PM

I believe automotive hybrids should be built like diesel-electric locomotives. Have a small diesel engine spin a generator to power electricity to drive motors to wheels. That would deliver great mileage, great reliability and low maintenance.
this is a decent thought, would make everything hydrostatic, right?
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:51 PM
Banned

I am owed a favor in the the area CJ lives and if after the trial justice is not served via the system.....rest assured it will be handled in private if CJ so desires. Over the course of my previous life I made quite a few disreputable friends and they would be more than happy to make a house call. Who knows maybe CJ will accidentally PM me a random address or picture and maybe I will randomly know what to do with it. Crazier things have happened
thank you but their would be no need and i would never put non family member in danger.i have 8 uncles in the armed forces,3 cousins and my aunt Gloria which was the first Female Sheriff of Broward County so i have a large bring the pain factor if i dont get what i want
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:52 PM

It's probably bad that besides working out for an hour and a half, I haven't done a damn thing today besides sit on the computer.
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:53 PM

this is a decent thought, would make everything hydrostatic, right?
Hydrostatic? No, no hydraulics would be involved. The electric motors would be direct drive to the wheels.
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:55 PM

I have those sh!tboxes blow past me on the highway on a regular basis. I'll be cruising at 70mph and they'll blaze past me doing 90 or more.
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:57 PM

Car stuff...

Very cool.
Is this the British Top Gear??
Old 07-18-2012 | 04:59 PM

You guys are gonna love this:

Old 07-18-2012 | 05:01 PM

I really want a Silvia. I wonder If that will ever stop, the want for one?

Name:  130_0710_04_z_nissan_silviafront_view.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  155.4 KB

And I'm going to have a shower and do some more reading

Name:  bouquin_2.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  31.4 KB
Old 07-18-2012 | 05:03 PM

Hydrostatic? No, no hydraulics would be involved. The electric motors would be direct drive to the wheels.
Ahhhh sorry misinterpreted what you said.

I like this idea
Old 07-18-2012 | 05:05 PM
Banned

CJ, I just read about the situation. I'm shocked, my prayers & deepest sympathies are with you & your family. In spite of what you're feeling at this time, try to keep a cool head & curb your anger. Your family & especially your daughter need your love & compassion right now, focus on them. Seething with anger & hate for the perpetrator will only cloud that focus. I know it's easier said than done, but it's the best advice I can give.
Thanks Bob. My hate actually came to a bit of arrogance this afternoon.i actually put on my badge and service weapon and walked down to talk to the 2 troopers.convo was something was a little on these lines

so you been told not to let me leave the property correct? (them)Yes Sir please return to your home for your saftey! (Me) Orly?? my saftey you say well sir here is my badge and let me ask you something what level protective armor are you wearing?(them)you need to stop asking questions and return home(me0 well you say for my saftey but do you know its More of a danger if i am in my home because what if i were to snap out of anger and let out a few .50 rounds in your direction do you think you would be keeping me safe?(them) are you making a threat sir!(me) no im just saying will your level III protection with the Level V chest and back plate be able to withstand .50 BTSPC round at the 138 yards it is to my home?I'm just saying i need to go get a pack of smokes and some turkey hill ice tea i'll only be 15 minutes.(them) Ok sir we understand what your saying one of us will follow you to the Giant please dont attempt anything and do not bring your firearm.
Old 07-18-2012 | 05:07 PM
Banned

I really want a Silvia. I wonder If that will ever stop, the want for one?

And I'm going to have a shower and do some more reading

they are a beauty but the non JDM bumper has to go!
Old 07-18-2012 | 05:15 PM
Banned

It's probably bad that besides working out for an hour and a half, I haven't done a damn thing today besides sit on the computer.
Welcome to the new world your first real job will involve sitting at a desk staring at a screen or 3 doing things you thought you would never need to remember how to do
Old 07-18-2012 | 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by ranmas2004
Is this the British Top Gear??
Yup
Old 07-18-2012 | 05:22 PM

^hahahaha thats great. I don't get BBC with Charter here.....grrrrr only the American Top Gear which is ok but not the same dynamic that makes the English Top Gear so great
Netflix streaming. They have every episode since the very first one in 2003. The whole family has been watching them for a couple months now, one after another. At least one every few nights.

The girls and my wife love the silly, improbable races, and the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car bits. Whereas I pay attention because of the cars. So we all win. It's become quite a family event.

You're a good soul Rochester.
That's a damn lie.
Old 07-18-2012 | 05:22 PM
Banned

What happened to the ban the stupid ****** thread?i do mean after all he has done some rotten things from offering people money to steal things for him to breach every rule on this forum from multi names to racial remarks i mean ce the **** on the MODS threatened to perm ban me if i didnt post pocks of my 09 last year and let some scumbucket vendor try to get the best of me just because Vendors pay dues!
Old 07-18-2012 | 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by cjandura
Welcome to the new world your first real job will involve sitting at a desk staring at a screen or 3 doing things you thought you would never need to remember how to do
This jobs often times have a long list or prerequisites to do very few
Old 07-18-2012 | 05:24 PM

Thanks Bob. My hate actually came to a bit of arrogance this afternoon.i actually put on my badge and service weapon and walked down to talk to the 2 troopers.convo was something was a little on these lines

so you been told not to let me leave the property correct? (them)Yes Sir please return to your home for your saftey! (Me) Orly?? my saftey you say well sir here is my badge and let me ask you something what level protective armor are you wearing?(them)you need to stop asking questions and return home(me0 well you say for my saftey but do you know its More of a danger if i am in my home because what if i were to snap out of anger and let out a few .50 rounds in your direction do you think you would be keeping me safe?(them) are you making a threat sir!(me) no im just saying will your level III protection with the Level V chest and back plate be able to withstand .50 BTSPC round at the 138 yards it is to my home?I'm just saying i need to go get a pack of smokes and some turkey hill ice tea i'll only be 15 minutes.(them) Ok sir we understand what your saying one of us will follow you to the Giant please dont attempt anything and do not bring your firearm.
Still smoking are you, CJ?

I'm on an Ice Tea kick lately, too. Brisk Raspberry Ice Tea... at first I was but now I can't get enough. Think I'll have one right now, in fact.
Old 07-18-2012 | 05:26 PM

thank you but their would be no need and i would never put non family member in danger.i have 8 uncles in the armed forces,3 cousins and my aunt Gloria which was the first Female Sheriff of Broward County so i have a large bring the pain factor if i dont get what i want
I'd thought I would post tonite's dinner made by my g/f hoping it will help make you feel better.

Smothered pork chop with roasted potatoes that are also smothered.

Old 07-18-2012 | 05:27 PM

What happened to the ban the stupid ****** thread?i do mean after all he has done some rotten things from offering people money to steal things for him to breach every rule on this forum from multi names to racial remarks i mean ce the **** on the MODS threatened to perm ban me if i didnt post pocks of my 09 last year and let some scumbucket vendor try to get the best of me just because Vendors pay dues!
Apparently he got a couple of guys to show him mercy on there... If this was the forum back in the day he would've been gone... I got a week n a half ban just because I said headers made more power than a y pipe... And that with proof

Crazy, huh? Some people get all goofy around strippers, and just can't think straight. I guess that works too for Org mods and male dancers.

Not Manny, of course. No, not Manny.

they are a beauty but the non JDM bumper has to go!
There's not a lot that can be done to that car to make it truly ugly.

I mean, you'd really have to try.

or give it to someone like Clashez
Old 07-18-2012 | 05:28 PM
Banned

I did the ras too until it started to taste like cat urine to me.Smoking is a pack a week but i done 3 packs in the last 2 days not good at all i jave even been poking holes in them to lighten them up but just made me smoke more for the fix!

Quick Reply: 5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)