5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th Gen Prototype MS-CF5 or MS-FG5 Suction Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 AM

Jus let it be ffs... not everyoneS spare time revolves Around this forum. Don't **** on his research yet predicting this n that. he's not here to constantly feed you entertainment.like planecrash and.I don't think he cares much about how.much info hr posts at a time.

if it works cool, if it doesn't than it solidifies our knowledge on what's good. Until then we can wait for info if he's legit Instead of acting all "ahaaah this is gaaay don't even bother trying, I don't like the way you post.your info, Ooo I'm too anxious to see what this is or does so I'll get all pessimistic n faggy (louis ck anyone?) About it"...
Old 02-11-2013, 07:58 AM
dot dot dot ...

Glad we have people with interest in our gen car, good luck and keep us posted.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:37 PM

I will only post huge updates.
Thanks for clearing things up carsnwomen91.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:30 AM

No more news on this intake?
Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM

NO more huge updates I guess.
Oh wait, there never was a single huge update, even the OP isn't an update, lol.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:28 PM

Significant?
Nop
Only that I retired from 25yrs of building a tuning engines and koemotorsports just closed for good.
So......
Me and my friend took it to my home garage and we just laid the carbon fiber today.
Tomorrow will be finished and we will try to install it.

Sad news?
I don't think it will be up for sale tho.
I would rather sell the mold and test results for someone looking to make these for you guys.

fresh out of the mold.

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
NO more huge updates I guess.
Oh wait, there never was a single huge update, even the OP isn't an update, lol.
Have faith or gtfo.

Last edited by NmexMAX; 03-25-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:11 AM

Update
Install test.
Name:  8C6E544F-809D-4B07-918A-1DC66C6A0B52-481-0000005A35945973.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  171.3 KB

Next will be installing the seals and dyno.
Air temp has drop up to 75%
So far so good.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by actionbstard
Update
Install test.

Next will be installing the seals and dyno.
So far so good.
you never saw the 4'' intake thread did you?

Last edited by FastnFuriousMax; 04-15-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by FastnFuriousMax
you never saw the 4'' intake thread did you?
Sorry
We did calculate its volumetric efficiency and this motor in a na form does not need 4"
Unless you have a 700+ hp engine which I do and I use a 4" suction kit with a 3" intercooler piping.

So even at 700 I'm good at 3"

Maybe you should read more about volumetric efficiency and stop buying crap just because it looks cool
Old 04-15-2013, 08:58 AM

Sorry
We did calculate its volumetric efficiency and this motor in a na form does not need 4"
Unless you have a 700+ hp engine which I do and I use a 4" suction kit with a 3" intercooler piping.

So even at 700 I'm good at 3"

Maybe you should read more about volumetric efficiency and stop buying crap just because it looks cool
if you didnt read the thread, then you didnt read the thread, but you also shouldnt post negative responses to mods proven in the thread. 4" intake neither looks cool nor is any sort of widely available/advertised kit that you can buy. when you "calculated its volumetric efficiency" did you find that it was more efficient with a 3" intake before the TB than a 4"?

that said, its carbon fiber, if you want to run a 4" intake with this thing then just carefully drill a bigger hole in it

Last edited by Gemner; 04-15-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:10 AM

Now this I can get on board with. Thanks for finally posting something dude.

Any plans to run ducting to this in any form, something like the way the OEM scoop hooks in down by the battery?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Update

Compared to what? OEM? short ram? or?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:30 AM

No need for ducts so far.
Mounting brackets are harder the steel.
Only takes 2 10mm bolts and that's it.
Cooling properties will be explained at the end results.
Sorry if some think I'm mad or getting defensive.
I'm not here for drama nor non sense oversize pipes what ever.
This is for na aplications only.
Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by Gemner
if you didnt read the thread, then you didnt read the thread, but you also shouldnt post negative responses to mods proven in the thread. 4" intake neither looks cool nor is any sort of widely available/advertised kit that you can buy. when you "calculated its volumetric efficiency" did you find that it was more efficient with a 3" intake before the TB than a 4"?

that said, its carbon fiber, if you want to run a 4" intake with this thing then just carefully drill a bigger hole in it
Sorry if I came to hard but I really don't see why bring in half as set ups.
Those types of intakes needs heat shields and
Yes 3" is way more productive in this application.

Last edited by NmexMAX; 04-16-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:58 AM

no one is arguing with you we are simply inquiring.
There's guys here that have literally disproven so many "that's too big" comments time and time again with mods on the maxima. Ingenuity runs thick here, that's all. So to come out and say a blanket statement without knowing the work some members have put in and proved results will acheive slight animosity, understandably.

In short, don't think you know it all just because you've been doing this stuff for a long time or have done high-budget builds, and so on.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:46 AM

nop you got me wrong.
I'm not trying to prove points on diameters.
I don't simply care enough to explain such rumors of theories.
the engine design it self to me requires far more engineering then just an intake it self.
Massive flaws is it's plenum location.
even with affordable methods such as using a low heat treansfer material gasket..
still there is the fact that the darn plenum sits on top of the cams.
Which is fare to compare it as a fish on a fry pan.blah blah.
One step at a time bro.

I have friends in ontario and one of our ex racing team still has he's r33 which i basicaly built.lol.
Good poeple for fact. So don't get me wrong
Old 04-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Banned

nop you got me wrong.
the engine design it self to me requires far more engineering then just an intake it self.
Massive flaws is it's plenum location.
even with affordable methods such as using a low heat treansfer material gasket..
still there is the fact that the darn plenum sits on top of the cams.
Which is fare to compare it as a fish on a fry pan.blah blah.
One step at a time bro.

I have friends in ontario and one of our ex racing team still has he's r33 which i basicaly built.lol.
Good poeple for fact. So don't get me wrong
How about I PROVE that a 4'' intake makes more power NA than your intake?

Next you are going to tell me a 2.5'' mandrel bent exhaust is all the car needs NA.

Or perhaps 290 duration 13mm lift cams are too aggressive for NA?

What about the plenum volume? Does it need to be increased for more hp?

Wow dude you made a CF heatshield for the filter. You wonder why people give you **** it's because you haven't done anything special and your posts are insulting. I am glad you know so much more than us. Why don't you keep your knowledge to yourself and let us keep making mistakes that make more HP?

Last edited by FastnFuriousMax; 04-16-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 AM
dot dot dot ...

Let's tone it down a tad.

Also, be nice to get IAT's, and differences. Good for on paper status, but useless for VQ35's since they are very prone/snesitive to heat soak.

My IAT's are usually a few ºF above ambient unless sitting in traffic, then it's 10-12ºF but that's been proven time and time again.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Let's tone it down a tad.
Agreed. Dude finally posted something in this thread, and it's kind of cool. It's nothing ***** out crazy cool, but it IS cool. It's a great idea.

Most of us run an SRI that is just sitting in the same location sucking up all that hot air. This is a better solution.

However, I would like to get analytical about it a bit with the OP.

And OP, we like to get analytical here, so it might be prudent of you to play along. After all that's one of the most positive ways to learn new stuff or get new ideas (brainstorming with others who've tinkered with the same ideas)

It seems like you're acting as if this mod doesn't really matter much and you have bigger 'fish to fry'. If that is true then why did you bother at all? I think, and could be wrong, that you DO care about these little things. And this could be a signifigant contributor to lower IAT's in traffic and at low speeds/idle, which would contribute to real-world fuel mileage increases, even if it doesn't do much for acutal power production in the real world (not a dyno).

You seem to care very much about how much you've done in the past, stuff you've built, etc as a way of proving to us that you 'know your stuff'. We have no problem believing this, but this IS the internet, where anyone can be anyone, so don't expect to just say you are a rocket scientist and have us believe you.
No offense but not one thing you've posted proves to me that you are a guru at all, in any regard.

Not asking you to prove yourself, because truly I don't care about what you've done in the past. And I don't disbelieve you either.
Let's deal with the topic at hand, instead of you talking about stuff you did to blah blah blah, and how much power it made. Show us your skills, then.

Last edited by TunerMaxima3000; 04-16-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
It's nothing ***** out crazy cool, but it IS cool.
Pun not intended

If you want cold air put the filter in the fenderwell. Hasn't this been proven on a 5.5?

Guess I am just not impressed with a guy who starts with an attitude and with a heatshield which isn't even completed, no dynos, no IAT, etc. CF is cool and all but you could make a shield easier ways. Heat shields are NOTHING new. Sorry if I seem so unimpressed while not super popular on maxima.org intake heat shields are very common on domestics,

I would still like to hear more about how 4'' intakes are worthless.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:34 PM

How about I PROVE that a 4'' intake makes more power NA than your intake?

Next you are going to tell me a 2.5'' mandrel bent exhaust is all the car needs NA.

Or perhaps 290 duration 13mm lift cams are too aggressive for NA?

What about the plenum volume? Does it need to be increased for more hp?

Wow dude you made a CF heatshield for the filter. You wonder why people give you **** it's because you haven't done anything special and your posts are insulting. I am glad you know so much more than us. Why don't you keep your knowledge to yourself and let us keep making mistakes that make more HP?
Bro STFU with that, your attitude is about as useless as the body kit and ricer crap you did to your headlights.

The OP is doing an experiment on a part he is developing. He is not going to change all this other stuff while he is R&Ding something else. In order to find value or functionality in anything new you need to hold everything else constant. Why would he bother slapping a large pipe on a car and having to tune it and then have to deal with fluctuations in AFR in open loop, and if he uses an AFC he would also be dealing with timing changes and the gains of his suction box will not be predictable.

If this makes power with a stock intake, it will make it with a 3" MAF, 3.5" MAF, and 4" MAF based intake. Reducing intake temperatures increases power no matter the scale that we are on.

This isn't about proof of other parts that exist on here, let the man do his thing.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MoncefA33
Bro STFU with that, your attitude is about as useless as the body kit and ricer crap you did to your headlights.
Ceff dude seriously? Come on bro bringing me or my car into this argument is moot. On top of that a bodykit or brighter headlights obviously are not performance related. So why don't you STFU about my car? Feel free to make a thread about my car if you are so angry/obsessed. Please try and stay on topic and don't bring me, my car, or my mods into this thread, they are unrelated, I never attacked you and it is 100% off topic. K, Thx bro!

Back OT @Moncef Is this your 1st time seeing a heatshield or something? I don't understand why you are so concerned about my post...obviously making a heat shield will reduce IATs some. This is nothing new...he just made his out of CF and spent ALOT more time than he needed to on it imo...

At the end of the day shield or not: If you want cold air it's in the fender well.

If this makes power with a stock intake
How would this even work with a stock intake?

Have you even read the posts this guy made:

Sadly there is not even one good intake system for the 5th gen.

Those Aluminum ones being a joke.
Really? ITBs are not good? 4'' intake doesn't make proven power? I guess the guys putting down 275+whp NA have crappy intakes too?

First of I don't trust dyno result nor should you.

I don't think you should trust forum dyno results.

I am all about honor.
Yet you have a dyno # in your sig hmmm...so odd...but yeah honor and stuff but dynos are worthless...yeah right. This is like troll bait ****.

Unlike you, I am all about proven results. Dynos and Logs are how people on the internet compare modifications and show each other the results. It's how you track progress improving engine output. If someone used racegas(which isn't needed NA on our cars) it would show it in the logs on a turbocharged car. This is standard stuff.

I will offer the full details along with dyno results
Wait wait wat? I thought you don't trust dynos...So which is it?

Your name, the stuff you post, flip flopping about dynos, it screams troll troll troll but yet you actually made a mold and posted pictures...

You know there ARE proven gains...well documented...but yeah ok. You say it isn't true so it isn't. I now understand how the rest of this thread will be going.

Last edited by FastnFuriousMax; 04-16-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:22 PM

The OP is doing an experiment on a part he is developing. He is not going to change all this other stuff while he is R&Ding something else. In order to find value or functionality in anything new you need to hold everything else constant. Why would he bother slapping a large pipe on a car and having to tune it and then have to deal with fluctuations in AFR in open loop, and if he uses an AFC he would also be dealing with timing changes and the gains of his suction box will not be predictable.

If this makes power with a stock intake, it will make it with a 3" MAF, 3.5" MAF, and 4" MAF based intake. Reducing intake temperatures increases power no matter the scale that we are on.

This isn't about proof of other parts that exist on here, let the man do his thing.
This and couldn't agree any better with moncef ... give the OP a chance to prove himself.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stonelove670
This and couldn't agree any better with moncef ... give the OP a chance to prove himself.
Oh I am. But he doesn't believe in dynos and AIT numbers can be skewed his words not mine. Please see the above 3 posts I quoted. So I am not sure how it will be proved...

I just would like him to back up the crap he keeps spewing off about other things. Like all of our intake designs are fail. I never attacked his design, it's a decent heat shield. My real question is WHY bother when proven cold air is inches away...

If he just lengthened that pipe into the fender well he would get all the cold air he wants...you should be able to fit a 4'' intake with a stack in the fenderwell. Also you want more length if you believe all that tuned length intake stuff...

*Sigh* Flame away noobs. I obviously know nothing about what I am talking about and the OP should continue to spew his crap without backing it up with anything.

Last edited by FastnFuriousMax; 04-16-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:02 PM

stop fcking crying.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Banned

stop fcking crying.
That is exactly the response I expected from you. Useless.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:42 PM
dot dot dot ...

Hmm we done yet?
Old 04-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Banned

Dis thread done went brokeback

%out
Old 04-16-2013, 05:09 PM

@MoncefA33 is right! I must have disagree w/ FastnFuriousMax. That it.

Last edited by MIKERNM1990; 04-16-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by cjandura
See my explanition is much better!
It most likely was good sir.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:37 PM

Did i step into another thread arguing about intakes??? jesus christ all intakes are useless

/thread
Old 04-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crusher103
Derp...

/thread
Old 04-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Maxima Grounding Kit Spec

Really this is still an issue? The OP said it would never be put up for sale so in all honestly it is less useless than useless for most of us; it is literally non-existant.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:21 PM

FnF shut the **** up man. Dude posted a real update. If you stop posting this could become a good thread
Old 04-16-2013, 07:06 PM

Oh I am. But he doesn't believe in dynos and AIT numbers can be skewed his words not mine. Please see the above 3 posts I quoted. So I am not sure how it will be proved...

I just would like him to back up the crap he keeps spewing off about other things. Like all of our intake designs are fail. I never attacked his design, it's a decent heat shield. My real question is WHY bother when proven cold air is inches away...

If he just lengthened that pipe into the fender well he would get all the cold air he wants...you should be able to fit a 4'' intake with a stack in the fenderwell. Also you want more length if you believe all that tuned length intake stuff...
Sure on a hot summer day as close to the asphalt as you can.....
*Sigh* Flame away noobs. I obviously know nothing about what I am talking about and the OP should continue to spew his crap without backing it up with anything.
This is no crap no fantasy.
This is happening as you type.
My efi calibrations is done at the track.
In a real life environment
Yes we start at the dyno but now my efi system does its own adjustments and calibrations by it self.
So I don't need no dyno after the base tune.

This car is bone stock so I don't see how relevant mods besides this is needed.
He wants to cool it down I cool it down
Plain and simple.
Yes a filter close to the asphalt is not good.hot summer days.
If you ever have a chance to go to the track and measure the temps you will have a answer to what you just posted.

Last edited by actionbstard; 04-16-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Maxima Grounding Kit Spec

Yes a filter close to the asphalt is not good.hot summer days.
Touche, I agree with you wholly on that point the asphalt on regular roads during Florida summers is nothing to sneeze at temp wise either. With that much being said and this is being said as a novice in the arena of volumetric air pressure: How about doing a scoop type feed from the upper portions of the wheel well into the opening on your heat shield to get even more air from the wheel well without getting too close to the ground.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:00 AM

It looks like it would take very little to integrate the stock scoop into this box. Pop a rubber seal on the box you made and you've got a full-on high-quality ice-box that you can market. Even if you don't, that would be sick.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 AM
dot dot dot ...

Can we get some IAT's, before and after? Maybe even flow data?

Until then, pretty sure we're just pissing on ourselves trying to **** further than each other.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 AM

Noob? I've done so much more with a VQ30/35 than you could ever fcking dream of.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by moncefa33
noob? I've done so much more with a vq30/35 than you could ever fcking dream of.
+1
Old 04-17-2013, 07:44 AM
dot dot dot ...

Anyone sees any valid reason to re-open, PM me.