5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th Gen: What did you do to your 5th Gen today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 10:37 AM
Bad *** Newb

Why do they have larger resonators, now? Whiny *****es complaining?

The sound was already too smooth. I actually don't like it. It's deeper, which is good, but it sounds nothing like 2.5. You can't hear the pulses and there's zero rasp.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by D.Stillwell
Lmao you just heard about this? California is nuts about those things, you cant buy any "harmful" chemical there. Haha

Wd-40 is illegal for commercial use there, but apparently still legal for household use? Its weird...but apparently if you get caught with wd-40 in Cali its like drug dealer selling dope you get fined and jailed possibly...but weed is legal. Go figure hahaha
More BS laws = more cash. They're broke.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by george__

My work voted to ban the use of WD40 due to all the accidents we had. Scary stuff
What kind if accidents perhaps you can elaborate and name a few...
That stuff is awesome...
Old 11-29-2014, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by nestorlugo
What kind if accidents perhaps you can elaborate and name a few...
That stuff is awesome...
I'm not management who knows
Old 11-29-2014, 11:20 AM

I'm not management who knows
Were you allowed to cast a vote or was it some grease ball type of vote?
Old 11-29-2014, 11:22 AM

Were you allowed to cast a vote or was it some grease ball type of vote?
the latter.

No union type work for me
Old 11-29-2014, 02:28 PM

Connected the obd2 scanner to read live data and try to figure out what's going on, and still nothing that I can understand https://maxima.org/forums/5th-genera...so-poor-2.html
Old 11-29-2014, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by argenis69
Connected the obd2 scanner to read live data and try to figure out what's going on, and still nothing that I can understand https://maxima.org/forums/5th-genera...so-poor-2.html
Warm up the car to operating temperature then hold the rpm at 2k monitoring live data for like 30 sec and take a video of the live action...
Old 11-29-2014, 03:11 PM

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but it really is kinda crazy that those systems go for that amount of money. Don't get me wrong they are very nice and the welds are first rate and clean. I know everyone is going to jump up on me and tell me mandrel bent pipes cost some crazy amount of money and it has to be exactly this way because of flow. All I say to that is no it doesn't.

I'm not trying to call any one company out or any single person out with the above statement either To tell you the truth I don't even know who's system that is. I do however know how much it cost me to make my own mandrel bent 3" cat back. I will admit the welds on that system are nicer than mine.

Like I said I'm not trying to be a d🔣🔡k or anything it just seems like a lot of money.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mattx
I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but it really is kinda crazy that those systems go for that amount of money. Don't get me wrong they are very nice and the welds are first rate and clean. I know everyone is going to jump up on me and tell me mandrel bent pipes cost some crazy amount of money and it has to be exactly this way because of flow. All I say to that is no it doesn't.

I'm not trying to call any one company out or any single person out with the above statement either To tell you the truth I don't even know who's system that is. I do however know how much it cost me to make my own mandrel bent 3" cat back. I will admit the welds on that system are nicer than mine.

Like I said I'm not trying to be a d?dd23?dd21k or anything it just seems like a lot of money.
prices?
Old 11-29-2014, 03:21 PM

I'm driving at the moment. Which one is it Instagram or photo bucket where I can upload photos to the board?
Old 11-29-2014, 03:24 PM

I like that you think what I said is funny. You must be one of those $880 guys
Old 11-29-2014, 03:38 PM

I'm driving at the moment. Which one is it Instagram or photo bucket where I can upload photos to the board?
It's photobucket... And naw i can't afford $880 ...i like to think $880 should get me the whole system...
Old 11-29-2014, 04:09 PM
Bad *** Newb

I like that you think what I said is funny. You must be one of those $880 guys
This is no different than anything else you buy. You can either buy knock offs that are lesser quality and can have compromises. Or you can buy the real deal that is guaranteed to be perfect and last longer than you will use it.

No one cares. All we read is that there's some cheap *** crybaby that wants it, but can't afford it. You act like Cattman was raking in serious profit and overcharging. He quit b/c it wasn't profitable. Cry somewhere else.

Last edited by Child_uv_KoRn; 11-29-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:13 PM

Cattman rocked
Old 11-29-2014, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Child_uv_KoRn
This is no different than anything else you buy. You can either buy knock offs that are lesser quality and can have compromises. Or you can buy the real deal that is guaranteed to be perfect and last longer than you will use it. No one cares. All we read is that there's some cheap *** crybaby that wants it, but can't afford it. You act like Cattman was raking in serious profit and overcharging. He quit b/c it wasn't profitable. Cry somewhere else.
You my friend are a jacka**. Because someone has an opinion that's not yours that means their crybaby? By the way all my parts were top-quality Mandrell beat piping the same spiel that cattman goes into and all the other heroes you warship. And by the way I can afford Products I have a pair cat man headers on my car. All I'm saying is that for a cat back it's 3 inch you can make it yourself and save a whole Lotta money. Now just because you don't possess any skills to be able to do that yourself that makes me a crybaby?
Old 11-29-2014, 04:28 PM

It's photobucket... And naw i can't afford $880 ...i like to think $880 should get me the whole system...
it's great that because you don't want to spend 880 on something you could make yourself that makes you not have money or you're broke. You guys are too much the funny part is his deep down inside you know that 880 was wasted. Otherwise you wouldn't sit here and talk down to somebody for simply stating an opinion. If you had money you wouldn't be driving a fifth-generation Maxima. So don't come off like 880 doesn't mean anything to you.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:49 PM

it's great that because you don't want to spend 880 on something you could make yourself that makes you not have money or you're broke. You guys are too much the funny part is his deep down inside you know that 880 was wasted. Otherwise you wouldn't sit here and talk down to somebody for simply stating an opinion. If you had money you wouldn't be driving a fifth-generation Maxima. So don't come off like 880 doesn't mean anything to you.
OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!

Just go there...
Old 11-29-2014, 04:55 PM

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!!!!!! Just go there...
Yes I did George. Yes I did. Some people on this board are just rude. How dare I have an opinion different from theirs.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:56 PM

I don't get your post i can't make it myself nor did i pay for one... i got 3 lil ones so $800+ could be spent on other than my daily commuter

Last edited by nestorlugo; 11-29-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:17 PM

Funny thing is I admire the craftsmanship in lord Cattmans products. As I said I own a set of his headers. The only thing I was saying is 880 is a lot of $ for a cat back. I know what the components cost me and it was much less hell it was a lot less and I even bought a Carltanator for a pretty penny. Once I bought that piece I thought about it and said why can't i just make my own. So I did and after doing so I was like damn I could've made my own resonator too. If you do a little research you can see how much the pieces are. There's no difference in the 3" mandrel bent pipes I get in NJ than the ones Cattman gets. If you want to believe there is go for it. I will take some pics tomorrow and post them. The ones I have now aren't very good so in daylight tomorrow I will shoot some and post.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:19 PM

I don't get your post i can't make it myself nor did i pay for one... i got 3 lil ones so $800+ could be spent on other than my daily commuter
My apologize Nestorlugo I was driving when I read your post and I just misunderstood you. Sorry for the unnecessary shrapnel.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:24 PM

My apologize Nestorlugo I was driving when I read your post and I just misunderstood you. Sorry for the unnecessary shrapnel.
Distracted driver
Old 11-29-2014, 05:28 PM

^This got out of hand quick. Its settled then; lets wait and see your pics...
Id agree with most things you said as well. No ones gona see your exhaust as far as welds may/may not be concerned. If you claim the mandrel bent pipes you used are as good as cattmans then be it( i believe they very well could be)
Its not as if hes a steel "producer" him self.....
Beyond that; if it fits nearly as good as cattmans and doesnt leak or rust easy on you id say you have a winner being that its 3 inch.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:00 PM

The only person to comment on how he is driving and posting in the forums at the same time, was george__ ????? Everyone jumped on the kid in the previous page who was driving at 80 in a downpour. I really didnt want to open my mouth but, nobody should be playing with their phones/other devices while driving.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Bad *** Newb

Yes, I will just go buy a $20k mandrel bending machine for a few exhausts LOL

This guy is a grade A *****.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:28 PM

Yes, I will just go buy a $20k mandrel bending machine for a few exhausts LOL This guy is a grade A *****.
Once again you're showing what a moron you are. There are thousands of sites I can go on right now and have pre bent mandrel bent pipes delivered to my door. Matter of fact you want aluminized or stainless your choice I used alum because I painted my pipes and it's a 12 yo car how many years do I need it to last?? You think you know but you don't go away. Ohh and guess what that super expensive/elusive mandrel bent piping you can get what you need for this job under $100.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:32 PM

Yes, I will just go buy a $20k mandrel bending machine for a few exhausts LOL This guy is a grade A *****.
Those who resort to name calling are usually not very intelligent. You my friend are looking dumber every time you type.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by a33_ridah
^This got out of hand quick. Its settled then; lets wait and see your pics... Id agree with most things you said as well. No ones gona see your exhaust as far as welds may/may not be concerned. If you claim the mandrel bent pipes you used are as good as cattmans then be it( i believe they very well could be) Its not as if hes a steel "producer" him self..... Beyond that; if it fits nearly as good as cattmans and doesnt leak or rust easy on you id say you have a winner being that its 3 inch.
Let's say Cattmans pipes are made from some super material as compared to what I got. On top of that lets say my welds though solid don't look as nice as his. Is that really worth a at the very least $500 difference and had I made my own resonator I dare say$600 difference?? Surely I think not. It's 3" doesn't leak and fits what more does it need to be?? It's only exhaust nobody sees it and if they're both 3" mandrel bent is flow any better/worse.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:13 PM

[QUOTE="Child_uv_KoRn;9004268"] Or you can buy the real deal that is guaranteed to be perfect and last longer than you will use it.

How's that guarantee working out?? If you have a problem with your "guaranteed" system that I can't afford what are you going to do?? The guy you seem to worship blew town and took your guarantee with him. Lots of people and before I say this I don't know anyone from BRM gave them a hard time when they tried to introduce a new system to compete with cattman. I only know what I read doing research when I was planing out my project. Anyway a lot of people gave those guys (and some still do) a hard time but why?? All they tried to do was introduce competition which anybody even a heavy equipment operator from nj knows is good for the consumer. People like you are part of the reason why we have no aftermarket support. Just because someone tries something or says something that you don't agree with they're a crybaby or a ***** or they're broke. Meanwhile what have you done what have you made? Nothing you're a keyboard tough guy who's not tough at all.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:15 AM

People like you are part of the reason why we have no aftermarket support.
It's not a popular platform for modding

Just because someone tries something or says something that you don't agree with they're a crybaby or a ***** or they're broke. Meanwhile what have you done what have you made? Nothing you're a keyboard tough guy who's not tough at all.
Get better :hugs:

Last edited by george__; 11-30-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:27 AM

opcorn:
Old 11-30-2014, 07:36 AM

Before I go out and take pics and change a flat tire I just want to apologize to the readers of the thread and the org for comments that were written on the board last night. Things got heated and they got a little out of control and I apologize. All I wanted to do last night was show people who don't or can't spend $880 on a catback that if they use their minds they can make something just as functional for a lot less. I wasn't trying to call out any one manufacturer or person or put their product down so if it appeared that way I sincerely apologize. Mattx.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:38 AM

It's not a popular platform for modding Get better :hugs:
You're the best George. The only reason I don't get made is because everyone knows your a clown.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:39 AM

You're the best George. The only reason I don't get made is because everyone knows your a clown.
Spelling error
Old 11-30-2014, 07:39 AM

Mad^^^^ stupid iphone
Old 11-30-2014, 07:52 AM

save me some brody. its getting interesting
Originally Posted by D.Stillwell
opcorn:
Old 11-30-2014, 08:04 AM

Installed Koni Sports shocks and Moog LCA....The Koni Sport Shocks in the front location were set to 360* degrees of Firmness, Rears set to 180* degrees of firmness .... The ride is magnificent.... The only thing I can say is the Koni's require quite a bit of work to install compared to the Illuminas!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by CMax03
Installed Koni Sports shocks and Moog LCA....The Koni Sport Shocks in the front location were set to 360* degrees of Firmness, Rears set to 180* degrees of firmness .... The ride is magnificent.... The only thing I can say is the Koni's require quite a bit of work to install compared to the Illuminas!
Niceeeee
Old 11-30-2014, 08:18 AM

^^ Good **** cmax...thats a bit of work for sure since they're inserts but I bet they are nice as hell when done proper.

Originally Posted by a33_ridah
save me some brody. its getting interesting
Lol I know right

Quick Reply: 5th Gen: What did you do to your 5th Gen today?