5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Bouncy Ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 10:43 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bouncy Ride

Whats up guys,

I had put on my K-Sports about a month ago and I would have expected the ride a lot better than it is after having my car dropped on Tein s techs with KYB's all around. But that is not the case. The K-Sports were fairly new and I doubt it would be the springs. So I'm asking for help here from those who have the best suspension knowledge. Anyone here local in Nyc that may want to help me out (it would be nice to meet other local maxima enthusiasts around the Bronx and I'll even pay for lunch too lol) or who can refer me to someone/shop?

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by bxdanny91
Whats up guys,

I had put on my K-Sports about a month ago and I would have expected the ride a lot better than it is after having my car dropped on Tein s techs with KYB's all around. But that is not the case. The K-Sports were fairly new and I doubt it would be the springs. So I'm asking for help here from those who have the best suspension knowledge. Anyone here local in Nyc that may want to help me out (it would be nice to meet other local maxima enthusiasts around the Bronx and I'll even pay for lunch too lol) or who can refer me to someone/shop?

Thanks.
If you wanted to take it to a shop, I highly recommend All Out Motorworks. I live in the cty and take my car out there for all repairs. The owner, Harjit, has a large Maxima community since he was initially a Max owner and I think he still has one as a project car.

He is out in Hempstead (garden city).

Here is the garage's FP page https://www.facebook.com/AllOutMotorworks
Old 02-24-2015, 10:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by TallTom
If you wanted to take it to a shop, I highly recommend All Out Motorworks. I live in the cty and take my car out there for all repairs. The owner, Harjit, has a large Maxima community since he was initially a Max owner and I think he still has one as a project car.

He is out in Hempstead (garden city).

Here is the garage's FP page https://www.facebook.com/AllOutMotorworks
This is good news man. I've heard about All Out Motorworks before. I think my boy Sunny was working there for some time. I'm going to take a trip out there soon so he can check out my suspension problem. Much appreciated for the help. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:24 PM

This is good news man. I've heard about All Out Motorworks before. I think my boy Sunny was working there for some time. I'm going to take a trip out there soon so he can check out my suspension problem. Much appreciated for the help. Thanks.
No problem. If there is one garage that can help, it would be them. Harjit knows me as Tom, the Philly guy with the silver Max (I'm still rocking PA plates).

You are bound to see at least 1-2 Max's at his shop on any given day.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:07 PM

Did you replace your struts when you installed these K-Sport springs? I sure that your strut are worn and can't handle the spring....Especially if more than 1.75" drop...Well depending on the actual strut mileage, I would have replaced springs and struts!
Old 02-24-2015, 07:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by TallTom
No problem. If there is one garage that can help, it would be them. Harjit knows me as Tom, the Philly guy with the silver Max (I'm still rocking PA plates).

You are bound to see at least 1-2 Max's at his shop on any given day.
Cool. I'll let him know that you referred me to his shop. 👍
Old 02-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by CMax03
Did you replace your struts when you installed these K-Sport springs? I sure that your strut are worn and can't handle the spring....Especially if more than 1.75" drop...Well depending on the actual strut mileage, I would have replaced springs and struts!
Should've made it much clearer, I meant to say I installed K-Sport Coilovers as opposed to just springs.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:55 PM

Should've made it much clearer, I meant to say I installed K-Sport Coilovers as opposed to just springs.
Oh!!! You can swap the springs from one to another til you find a spring load you like....For instance Eibach 2.5"/2.225" springs are available in various spring rates...such as: 275#, 300#, 350#, 400#, 450# and 500#.
So you need to find out what you have and whether you're adjusted correctly first of all....It's a science to tuning a suspension that's DD friendly and racetrack ready and virtually impossible to get the best of both worlds!!! Racetracks normally don't have sewer covers, let alone highly recessed sewer covers and potholes! This is the part that sucks regarding coilover is the end user lack of real world tuning as well as properly setting it up period....Keep at it and maybe buy an extra rear and front coilover just incase you blow them! You won't be getting one from a local auto part store!
Old 02-25-2015, 05:05 AM
Suspension Yoda

So I'm asking for help here from those who have the best suspension knowledge. Anyone here local in Nyc that may want to help me out (it would be nice to meet other local maxima enthusiasts around the Bronx and I'll even pay for lunch too lol) or who can refer me to someone/shop?
https://maxima.org/forums/5th-genera...on-thread.html

I'm also local to you (NJ) and do suspension installs for local org members. I provide free consults to ensure you're buying the right parts for your requirements. My labor prices are probably cheaper than a shop's.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by djfrestyl
https://maxima.org/forums/5th-genera...on-thread.html

I'm also local to you (NJ) and do suspension installs for local org members. I provide free consults to ensure you're buying the right parts for your requirements. My labor prices are probably cheaper than a shop's.
Sounds good man. I'll pm you so that we may set up a time to meet. Definitely need some consultation before I go ahead and buy parts in hopes of improving my suspension problem. Thanks