5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.
View Poll Results: Are you interested in a reflash for your 5.5 gen?
Yes, quit baiting me and do it!
90.74%
No
9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Interested in 5.5 gen ECU reflash? I have good news coming soon...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 11:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just responded. Why is it the rest of the world can't get into these ECU's like you. I guess we are older now.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:18 PM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by Swaglife81
I just responded. Why is it the rest of the world can't get into these ECU's like you. I guess we are older now.
There's no money to be made on such a tiny market. Damn maxi life haha
Old 11-27-2016, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Child_uv_KoRn
There's no money to be made on such a tiny market. Damn maxi life haha
The market on the early g ecus is substantially smaller. One year only, and only the sedans.

It's even worse.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:13 PM

I need this but downtime is an issue.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Any update on the gains for 4" intake with larger injectors. Currently running Utec and would rather have this instead.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by maxima92se
Any update on the gains for 4" intake with larger injectors. Currently running Utec and would rather have this instead.
Its been tested over and over by different members, look at some of the links I posted above.

At this point I'm not sure that I will be doing a back to back dyno with it.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:21 PM

Ok, figured I'd give my input of Matts tuning on the stock ecu......

Its awesome. Just plain awesome.

My car is a full bolt 02 3.5 6-speed.

Along with getting the tune...I upgraded to the VHR injectors and Dougs 4" intake with velocity stack.

All I can say is this think rips. I mean it ran great before..but now....power delivery is smoother, stronger, and just makes the car a better daily.

I will have to get vid eventually.

Oh and about that rev limit raise...yea..shes nasty...not just nasty...she thug nasty Haha

For anyone on the fence about this...dont wait..just doooooo it. Saves the hastle of wiring in a piggy back, and then taking the time to tune, and blah blah blah...so for someone with just a bolt on car..this is well worth the money.

Only other thing left for me is now a 3" catback, 75mm tb and a 7th gen swap. hehe

Vids to come to the thread soon.......
Old 01-23-2017, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Maximaguy

Its awesome. Just plain awesome.

My car is a full bolt 02 3.5 6-speed.

Along with getting the tune...I upgraded to the VHR injectors and Dougs 4" intake with velocity stack.

All I can say is this think rips. I mean it ran great before..but now....power delivery is smoother, stronger, and just makes the car a better daily.

I will have to get vid eventually.

Oh and about that rev limit raise...yea..shes nasty...not just nasty...she thug nasty Haha

For anyone on the fence about this...dont wait..just doooooo it. Saves the hastle of wiring in a piggy back, and then taking the time to tune, and blah blah blah...so for someone with just a bolt on car..this is well worth the money.

Only other thing left for me is now a 3" catback, 75mm tb and a 7th gen swap. hehe

Vids to come to the thread soon.......
Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear it is running well!

Last edited by murphys_law; 01-23-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:12 AM

Quick uphill pull in the max. Before the 3" exhaust...will try and get another once thats on. Just a 2nd into 3rd....love that rev limit.

https://youtu.be/HwzlE2lsMo0

Last edited by Maximaguy; 01-25-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:11 AM

Appreciate the feedback, good to hear.

Quick uphill pull in the max. Before the 3" exhaust...
Nice vid! So this is with the upgraded injectors and 4" intake, correct? And stock exhaust? what headers/ypipe combo is in the vid?

I've been waiting for all my goodies to come back from Doug so I can get the 4" intake ecu flash.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by TSelanne
Appreciate the feedback, good to hear.

Nice vid! So this is with the upgraded injectors and 4" intake, correct? And stock exhaust? what headers/ypipe combo is in the vid?

I've been waiting for all my goodies to come back from Doug so I can get the 4" intake ecu flash.
Ok..full list of mods...

Full NWP Thermal Spacer kit,
NWP Vias Delete
OBX Headers with somekind 2.5" Ebay Catback
Dougs 4" Intake with 7" Stack
JWT Flywheel with 350Z Clutch
VHR Injectors
And Matts Tuning

3" catback is going on tomorrow.

Still want to get a 75mm throttle body, and maybe a 7th gen swap later down the road.

Curious to see the improvements with the 3" because I know they are there...when I get some extra $$$ throttle body will be the last bolt on before I ponder the 5.7 swap. Unless the motor grenades across the road before then haha

Last edited by Maximaguy; 01-25-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:12 PM

^^nice, cool thanks for the info. My setup will be pretty much identical to yours when I finally get it all installed.

Did you go with Doug's ssim too? I assume no because you didn't list it, but curious if that makes a difference at all in the performance after the tuning/ecu upgrade.

I think it's pretty unlikely that you're gonna grenade the engine on a n/a setup, but idk maybe u crazy driver lol....just don't forget to change the oil haha
Old 01-25-2017, 03:17 PM

^^nice, cool thanks for the info. My setup will be pretty much identical to yours when I finally get it all installed.

Did you go with Doug's ssim too? I assume no because you didn't list it, but curious if that makes a difference at all in the performance after the tuning/ecu upgrade.

I think it's pretty unlikely that you're gonna grenade the engine on a n/a setup, but idk maybe u crazy driver lol....just don't forget to change the oil haha
No I didnt, I forgot to ad that I did delete the VIAS. lol i dont know..I hope it stays together..but the new rev limit and me loving to run it up there..ya just never know haha. Yea..I keep an eye on the oil almost every week. I just need an excuse to swap in a 7th gen haha.

The thought of the 7th gen hr tuned and rev limited to 8k just sends chills down my spine. Just need to throw in some arp rod bolts first and.....vroommm
Old 01-25-2017, 03:28 PM

^^wait a little bit until Darren gets his new & upgraded hr cams figured out and tested!

also curious.....and sorry it's kind of off-topic but since this ecu upgrade increases the rev limit......is there a way to get a gauge cover/face that shows the redline at the higher level? are there other car brands that might have a higher rev limit and could be swapped in? Just thinking it would be cool to have the rpm gauge face show the new red line limit.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:12 AM

^^wait a little bit until Darren gets his new & upgraded hr cams figured out and tested!

also curious.....and sorry it's kind of off-topic but since this ecu upgrade increases the rev limit......is there a way to get a gauge cover/face that shows the redline at the higher level? are there other car brands that might have a higher rev limit and could be swapped in? Just thinking it would be cool to have the rpm gauge face show the new red line limit.
I dont know of anyone making a higher rev limit for our faces. Hey..if anything will it will make you look super cool in front of your freinds when they see you go way into the redline!!!! Lol
Old 01-26-2017, 05:16 PM

aaawwww 5.5 gen that means 2001 3L not included. I'd pay money to have mine re flashed.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:16 AM

Is this the OP?
Old 01-29-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by george__
Not the op, that's me.

I've been working on definitions for Nissan ecus since I started flashing these a while back.

If you listen to the video and look at the links it explains most everything, along with posts I have made on facebook and elsewhere.

BTW I don't think that video works here for whatever reason.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:34 PM

So, I could run a 4 inch intake with VHR injectors and the flash tune alone?
What are the expected gains for a FBO auto?
Old 10-24-2017, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Itz Shak
So, I could run a 4 inch intake with VHR injectors and the flash tune alone?
What are the expected gains for a FBO auto?
That is correct. Dozens are running my "4" intake, vhr injector" flash at this point.

With the good parts on a de you're looking between 10-20 whp generally. The big difference is of course all the power you gain under the curve(30tq/hp+ in many areas due to the horrible stock tuning.)
Old 05-22-2018, 11:55 AM

!

Someone actually went and figured out flashing our ECUs? That's awesome!

murphys_law, if you are still doing this, I'm very interested!

On a side note, I'm disappointed I didn't see this earlier. The 5th gen forums are full of soo many useless maintenance threads, I haven't been on here in a while.