5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Frankencar Intake is a beautiful thing...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 03:39 PM

Frankencar Intake is a beautiful thing...

What up....just got back from the ALL-NISSAN meet at Veteran's Park in cypress....some phat a$$ nissans on the road...thanks to Tracy [Wizzamax], Dennis [Chinkzilla], and a lil help from Bernie [sorry dawg, forgot your member name] got my Frankencar Intake in, w/out them, id never have it in...its awesome...most noteable improvement is throttle response, its a lot quicker...also the sound is off the hook, ive always loved the way the VQ sounds at and above 3500rpm and the intake amplifies that beautifully, and the power is definately there, also, i didnt feel too much of a loss, if any, in the lower rpms...i was rolling home and had my system bumping and i heard the intake working over the system, very impressive cuz usually i cant...pics will be up as soon as Dennis put them up...we took pictures of the install so that should be coo....and for those wondering about popcharger vs frankencar intake, i let Dennis drive my car after the install and he said it was louder than his stillen popcharger, but powerwise, couldnt really tell...he only drove around the neighborhood, 1/2 mile at the most, so not much chance to test it out....anyway it was an awesome meet, my first, but definately not my last....
atw
Old 02-23-2002, 05:15 PM

Re: Frankencar Intake is a beautiful thing...

Originally posted by MaxedOut2g
What up....just got back from the ALL-NISSAN meet at Veteran's Park in cypress....some phat a$$ nissans on the road...thanks to Tracy [Wizzamax], Dennis [Chinkzilla], and a lil help from Bernie [sorry dawg, forgot your member name] got my Frankencar Intake in, w/out them, id never have it in...its awesome...most noteable improvement is throttle response, its a lot quicker...also the sound is off the hook, ive always loved the way the VQ sounds at and above 3500rpm and the intake amplifies that beautifully, and the power is definately there, also, i didnt feel too much of a loss, if any, in the lower rpms...i was rolling home and had my system bumping and i heard the intake working over the system, very impressive cuz usually i cant...pics will be up as soon as Dennis put them up...we took pictures of the install so that should be coo....and for those wondering about popcharger vs frankencar intake, i let Dennis drive my car after the install and he said it was louder than his stillen popcharger, but powerwise, couldnt really tell...he only drove around the neighborhood, 1/2 mile at the most, so not much chance to test it out....anyway it was an awesome meet, my first, but definately not my last....
atw
Im glad to hear that your intake install was a success. I was the one that told you to be careful with the MAF sensor and I had the Sterling Mist Max parked across the street from you. Good Luck!!!!!
Old 02-23-2002, 06:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Glad you enjoyed it Bro...I'll help out when I can...and ya know I always got my tools ready to go...that was my first FrankenCar intake so we both learned something valuable
Old 02-23-2002, 06:28 PM

hey did you notice your gas mileage go down?
Old 02-23-2002, 09:56 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

glad to hear about ANOTHER satisfied customer. i'm just glad to be a part of this at this point. i can't wait to come out with more stuff for you guys.

-steve
Old 02-23-2002, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by samiam5345
hey did you notice your gas mileage go down?
my gas mileage went down after installing my Berk intake.....think it has anything to do with the fact i floor it all the time now, just to hear that wonderful growl???
Old 02-24-2002, 12:00 AM

Nice to see another 5th gen with mods, Tracy is the man, I love how he just takes over and says daddy's here now let me handle my business, he always has his tools, maybe we should learn from that. Daresh(probaly not spelled right, sorry) it was nice meeting you, I'm sure Dennis will have you attend more, it was a fun day, maybe next time you guys can go to dinner with us thats where the real fun happens. Bernie
Old 02-24-2002, 01:33 AM

yea i just wanna say thanks again to all you guys who helped me out...my gas mileage..well i didnt fill my tank full this time, and i got about 160 miles at the 1/2 way point...my usual w/ a full tank is about 170-175 and w/ granny driving 190-200...so i guess im just about there w/ gas, and i been pushing it pretty hard too so thats cool....i cant wait to check out how much mileage i can get w/ regular driving...ill love this intake even more if it can get me around 21 mpg.....i just love the pull at like 70mph...from 70-85mph, i never seen my speedo climb so fast, i was like WHOA! thats cool...and even when i let off tha gas, i can feel a lil added push and even seems to maintain speed better....either that or its all in my head...probably the latter
- Adarsh [aka atw]
Old 02-24-2002, 02:37 AM

Hey man no probs, glad you like it. Only thing was we couldn't figure out where the hell the ATS was for a while (the little butt-plug sensor thingy.) Would have been easier with pics hehe.

Anyway steve great product, but if you REALLY wanna make some cash be the first to put out a Y-pipe for the 2k2's !!
Old 02-24-2002, 05:47 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Chinkzilla
Hey man no probs, glad you like it. Only thing was we couldn't figure out where the hell the ATS was for a while (the little butt-plug sensor thingy.) Would have been easier with pics hehe.

Anyway steve great product, but if you REALLY wanna make some cash be the first to put out a Y-pipe for the 2k2's !!
that's gonna be a challenge, i'm still saving for the mandrel bender they are like 4647684654984656565 dollars.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:23 AM

it's good to hear everyone's comments on the Fankencar intake b/c mine is sitting right next to me waiting to be put on--I wanted to get to the track one more time but I plan on installing it during Spring Break
Old 02-24-2002, 07:52 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i just installed mine this past weds. do it you wont be disappointed. a noticeable increase in response especially above 70.