5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I bought the leather seats from Leatherseats.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 10:43 AM

I bought the leather seats from Leatherseats.com

Anybody else?
Old 02-28-2002, 10:46 AM

Re: I bought the leather seats from Leatherseats.com

No But I got to visit Leatherseats.com in OKC.
THey are great!
I miss the OK guys It's been a while since i saw them at a meet or something.

Those seats are awsome too!
Old 02-28-2002, 11:00 AM

Purchased seats from LS.com a year ago

Yongjun,

I've had my Max and the leatherseats interior for a week shy of a year
no complaints, been keeping it clean with Lexol and Zaino Bros leather in a bottle, still like factory, the best upgade I've done over stock...........well the most visible

DaVe

BTW they are the tan seats shown for the 2000 Maxima on
Leatherseats.com
Old 02-28-2002, 11:01 AM
Administrator

I did
Old 02-28-2002, 11:09 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Hey guys...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE post ALL the pictures and links to pictures in this thread of the leather seats after the install. It's very hard to tell what the colors are going to turn out like.

I plan on replacing my FROST cloth someday with these, but I NEED HELP deciding on what TWO-Tone colors will look good on an Icelandic Pearl Max.

I'm leaning towards White w/Grey or Black inserts or Black w/White or Grey inserts, but I'm worried about keeping the white looking white. I've seen what a white leather can look like on my uncles BMW after a couple years with kids in the back. I definitely know what the tan/puddy and black leather looks like, but it's just not really for me.

Again, please post those pics, so we can have a reference to use when it's time for us to decide what colors to go with.
Old 02-28-2002, 12:00 PM

Leatherseats.com install

ICEY2K1,

I'd post pix but it would be redundant, as the Seats pictured on leatherseats.com, leather interior, Single Tone are my ACTUAL install
not just like them, but my actual car. They are an ADOBE color greyish tan, actually looks lighter in the car than in the box.

dave
Old 02-28-2002, 12:52 PM

Re: Leatherseats.com install

Originally posted by Coldboot-SE
ICEY2K1,

I'd post pix but it would be redundant, as the Seats pictured on leatherseats.com, leather interior, Single Tone are my ACTUAL install
not just like them, but my actual car. They are an ADOBE color greyish tan, actually looks lighter in the car than in the box.

dave
Thanks. They do look more tan then grey in the picture.

Question: Did the wrinkles form from the install or are they something that progressed over time? I see some have more or less wrinkles and I'm wondering if it depends on how tight you install them. I like the two tone without wrinkles best, so far.

I think the black interior will work with ANY color, but my FROST is a little harder to match.
Old 02-28-2002, 01:03 PM

Re: Leatherseats.com install

How hard was the install?

ICEY2K1,

dave
Old 02-28-2002, 02:02 PM

Leather Seat install

Hey all,

I receive the pkg without instructions, but I've done my fair share of reverse engineering in my life. As I work 10- 12hrs a day the install took me a couple days...........not to say you couldn't do it in a day but, those hog ring pliers wore my @$$ out.

I started with the back seat as it is used less than the front and seemed like a good place to cut my teeth on installing. by yht time I had that done I had a handle on, taking the old covers off and installing the leather ones.

My advice is to take your time and to do this in a clean area, as you have to find pieces/parts while your working, and you may not have more than one chance to get it right,....SO DRY FIT...especially the door panels.

As far as the wrinkles, there is a certain "pucker" to the fit and with constant use and relaxing leather my seats look more factory today than right after my install.

I'll answer any questions you have, PM me or tag me at

ratranch@hotmail.com

dc
Old 02-28-2002, 02:15 PM

How much were they?
Old 02-28-2002, 02:53 PM

Originally posted by raynist
How much were they?
This was the most recent GB, but there was at least one other I know of:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=94513
Old 02-28-2002, 04:22 PM

Re: Re: I bought the leather seats from Leatherseats.com

Originally posted by yongjun
No But I got to visit Leatherseats.com in OKC.
THey are great!
I miss the OK guys It's been a while since i saw them at a meet or something.

Those seats are awsome too!
leatherseats.com operates from OKC? sweet, i guess i can save on shipping charges
Old 02-28-2002, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: I bought the leather seats from Leatherseats.com

Originally posted by slick

leatherseats.com operates from OKC? sweet, i guess i can save on shipping charges
you buy in your own state you have to pay taxes so you are screwed both ways
Old 02-28-2002, 07:44 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I bought the leather seats from Leatherseats.com

Originally posted by SprintMax
you buy in your own state you have to pay taxes so you are screwed both ways
(stupid small brain forgot about tax! how much is shipping anyways? tax here is like 7.5% or so.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:56 PM
pjalst

Re: Purchased seats from LS.com a year ago

Yongjun,

I've had my Max and the leatherseats interior for a week shy of a year
no complaints, been keeping it clean with Lexol and Zaino Bros leather in a bottle, still like factory, the best upgade I've done over stock...........well the most visible

DaVe

BTW they are the tan seats shown for the 2000 Maxima on
Leatherseats.com

I just ordered some seats. How did you install them? Did you use the instructions from the company? Someone said I should glue them to the stock seats, he said I will get a better fit that way. I thought he was crazy. What do you suggest?

Old 03-02-2002, 03:54 AM

Leatherseat.com interior

pjalst,

First of all, you wouldn't have much luck gluing the seats to your old seat material as the leather seats and your OEM covers are held in place by hog rings, stainless steel rails and velco-like strips
By the time you remove your old seat material, you'll see what I mean.

The only contact cement you use is in the door panels as the material is vacuum- formed in them, and you glue the new insert over it.
Thank God you don't have to glue the covers on, *what a mess it would be*

The install when new might have a bit of a puckered appearence but within a couple of weeks as the leather relaxes and gets use, the covers take on the form of the seats as did the original material.

All and all it's a pretty complete kit, I'm sure the folks at leatherseats.com can answer any of your questions, or you can PM me.
I did the install in 3 days as I work 10-12 hrs a day and had the help of my 3 boys ( 6, 8, 10 ) If I can do it without instructions, I'm sure you can do it with them.

dc
Old 03-02-2002, 06:57 AM
pjalst

thanks fr the info, I work 12 hr shifts too so I will do my install over a few days.

Old 03-03-2002, 03:42 PM

i used to work at a van conversion shop(Majestic van) we would put our leathers over the existing material. they were tight to get on. if you glue with spray adhesive on the the parts that get sit/leaned on, they will fit better. and will eliminate the wrinkles. it does take time and if you can get an air hose with the pnumatic hog ring gun you will save a lot of time, not to mention the sore hands you will have.

good luck!
Old 03-03-2002, 06:33 PM

Where do you get a air hose and a pnumatic hog ring gun kjpierce?

Originally posted by kjpierce
i used to work at a van conversion shop(Majestic van) we would put our leathers over the existing material. they were tight to get on. if you glue with spray adhesive on the the parts that get sit/leaned on, they will fit better. and will eliminate the wrinkles. it does take time and if you can get an air hose with the pnumatic hog ring gun you will save a lot of time, not to mention the sore hands you will have.

good luck!