6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Basic Mods to see 300hp from the Max

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
Ive been around these forums and numerous other Vq35 forums to know our cars do not gain that type of power off each mod.
I more or less tend to agree with this with one caveat....sometimes (not saying always) modification have a synergistic effect.

For example, a Ford 302W (which I am very familiar with) could be carbed, cammed, and tweaked to high heaven, but until you did something with the heads you just weren't going to get much power.

Once that was done, everything else tended to work better. My point being, that just an intake, or just a Y-pipe, etc. may not get you much, but assuming the bottleneck isn't the heads or the intake or exhaust manifolds, and the computer is smart enough to recalibrate itself a little, then all of these mods added together may very well get you that 35 more HP.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:59 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by chernmax
Ignorance wasn't the insult, cyberthug A$$hole was, your ability to engage your mouth before your brain is amazing, damn, commercial is over, back to my movie...
Interesting. Seeing as how I'm not doing any 'talking' I fail to see how my mouth has anything to do with this.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Wat

Originally Posted by mdemonte
If your in Orlando u can call Tom (407-869-7223) at Next Level Performance in Altamonte Springs. This is one of many in O-town

I have a shop for anyone who wants to dyno...they call their machine "the heartbreaker"
Old 07-17-2005, 05:13 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by E55AMG2
I have a shop for anyone who wants to dyno...they call their machine "the heartbreaker"

I call all the ones around here 'Humblemakers' or 'Humblers'
Old 07-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Wat

Originally Posted by ramberg
Its a bit*h that I have to waste my own money to get a dyno on a dyno jet to prove something. But I will next month in Florida. If you like I will get it where you reside. I have no problem with that. Let me know you have my number. Iater Warren

I offered you free dyno time (on my dollar), you declined. I will be in the orlando area from 7/20-7/30...let me know when you want to do some pulls and we will put this thread to bed.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Wat

To EVERYONE else in this thread. Mr SR20DEN has the most powerful NA maxima in the known world. Hes sent runfiles to anyone who has requested them, posted dynos, posted mod lists, etc....If you dont believe then go poke around the all motor and dyno forums. He even has video posted of his car running a 12.8. Seriously, you might want to take a second to listen to what he has to say.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Oh hi....

you might want to take a second to listen to what he has to say.
Or maybe he should turn it up.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:29 PM
GrandPa

I offered you free dyno time (on my dollar), you declined. I will be in the orlando area from 7/20-7/30...let me know when you want to do some pulls and we will put this thread to bed.
Thats right I did decline and thank you for the offer, but I pay my own way and will have the dyno in Aug. when I am down in Plantation, Florida. I am also getting the dyno here on the mustang dyno since I installed the CE Y-Pipe. I want to see what the difference is with that machine first. Later Warren
Old 07-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Wat

Thats right I did decline and thank you for the offer, but I pay my own way and will have the dyno in Aug. when I am down in Plantation, Florida. I am also getting the dyno here on the mustang dyno since I installed the CE Y-Pipe. I want to see what the difference is with that machine first. Later Warren

Cool, cant wait to see the results
Old 07-17-2005, 05:36 PM
VQ Wizard

To EVERYONE else in this thread. Mr SR20DEN has the most powerful NA maxima in the known world. Hes sent runfiles to anyone who has requested them, posted dynos, posted mod lists, etc....If you dont believe then go poke around the all motor and dyno forums. He even has video posted of his car running a 12.8. Seriously, you might want to take a second to listen to what he has to say.

Whoa, thanks for the compliments but I really don't come here to belittle people or expect them to 'give' me respect. I just like to be heard occasionally.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:49 PM
GrandPa

As far as I know redlinemax.com has the fastest Maxima. Not taking anything away from you SR29DEN. As what I read in some treads about you. You also have a fast as* ride. Who knows maybe my Max will run that fast. Later Warren
Old 07-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Wat

As far as I know redlinemax.com has the fastest Maxima. Not taking anything away from you SR29DEN. As what I read in some treads about you. You also have a fast as* ride. Who knows maybe my Max will run that fast. Later Warren

Mardigrasmax is turbo...I was talking All Motor (NA)
Old 07-17-2005, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
Whoa, thanks for the compliments but I really don't come here to belittle people or expect them to 'give' me respect. I just like to be heard occasionally.
I will always listen to what you have to say. Just wish you would stick around here more. We could use your advice because I know I dont like spending money on mods that arent going to gain me power.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

MardiGrasMax has the fastest known maxima.

SR20DEN has the fastest N/A (Naturally aspirated; no Turbo, no Supercharger, no Nitrous) known.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:41 PM

And for the 2374623746235478235th N.O.S. is the name a COMPANY it isn't a product. The name of the product is Nitrous Oxide or 'Nytrous Plus (in automotive use).

NX (Nitrous Express) Doesn't make anything called NOS.
Venom Doesn't make anything called NOS.
Zex Doesn't make anything called NOS.
Nitrous Works Doesn't make anything called NOS.
etc. etc. But they are all companies that make automotive nitrous kits.

If you want to use a three letter acronym to represent Nitrous Oxide you should use the chemical name of 'N2O' (Not NO2 which is Nitrogen Dioxide).

WOW!!
You have way to much time on your hands. FOR THE RECORD, NOS is obviously nitrous oxide its a common term. The **** people on this forum really suck a fat one. A lot of people on this forum think that they have to inform people about everything. I give you props for being an a$$hole about it but it could have easily been stated much different and less know it all. Im sure you have great knowledge about the VQ but settle down a little, lighten up little. And buy a cam to get the HP up. You didn't mention anything about that, you only made a big fuss about what was incorrect in my post.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by JClaw

SR20DEN has the fastest N/A (Naturally aspirated; no Turbo, no Supercharger, no Nitrous) known.
You forgot, No A/C belt...
Old 07-17-2005, 10:24 PM

He could have the fastest car in the universe, when you talk down to people and act like an ego filled a$$hole, no one gives a $hit, if E55AMG2 & GLUDE want to swing on his nuts, go ahead, this homie don't play that...
Old 07-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Newbie just Registered

Can NOS help Xerox get to the 300hp? Has anyone here ever said "I'll have a cola", or "the clear soda water with lemon-lime flavoring"?

I saw someone mentioned CAMS, I didn't want to sort through the garbage to get the quote. That's a solid solution on top of all other bolt-ons, including headers, to make or brake the 300hp mark.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:32 PM

I just like to be heard occasionally.
Oh, but you said you where not talking...

Keep contradicting yourself, it's helping you go nowhere fast...
Old 07-17-2005, 10:41 PM

I feel for ya, probably just best to help those who are willing.. and let those who 'know' best stumble on there own
Old 07-17-2005, 10:42 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by smokinmax
And buy a cam to get the HP up. .
You'll actually need 4 of them.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:55 PM

This thread has been entertaining, keep going guys
Old 07-17-2005, 11:10 PM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=Glude]I will always listen to what you have to say. Just wish you would stick around here more. We could use your advice because I know I dont like spending money on mods that arent going to gain me power

I thought that your set-up is like mine. and if it is you must feel the that extra power when you step on the gas pedal.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:17 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by RHMax
Can NOS help Xerox get to the 300hp? Has anyone here ever said "I'll have a cola", or "the clear soda water with lemon-lime flavoring"?

I saw someone mentioned CAMS, I didn't want to sort through the garbage to get the quote. That's a solid solution on top of all other bolt-ons, including headers, to make or brake the 300hp mark.
Stillen sells the cams. About 1300 dollars plus what ever installation costs. I don't think alot of the members would want to start messing around in the engine if they are under warranty. Later Warren
Old 07-17-2005, 11:28 PM
GrandPa

Thanks for letting me know what NA meant. I learned something today. Later Warren
Old 07-18-2005, 01:41 AM

I don't think alot of the members would want to start messing around in the engine if they are under warranty. Later Warren
I want to . . maybe.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:50 AM
VQ Wizard

United States = The land of the offended.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:08 AM

You forgot, No A/C belt...
A/C is for pussies
Old 07-18-2005, 06:23 AM
Going Ginsu

Yes, it's an internet first.

-- E55AMG2 is able to fit his nose AND lips up SR20DEN's crack.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:28 AM

A/C is for pussies
Where you live that statement definitely holds true...

Drive down here with 100% humidity and 90+ heat in the summer and you'll be crying like a pu$$y begging for some...
Old 07-18-2005, 06:32 AM
Going Ginsu

Where you live that statement definitely holds true...

Drive down here with 100% humidity and 90+ heat in the summer and you'll be crying like a pu$$y begging for some...
Heck, I was doing 90 on 495 and it wasn't cutting it.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:45 AM
VQ Wizard

Pussies are those who allow themselves to be offended by what some guy on the internet says to them.

I really haven't done very much here to be an a$$hole but some of you will insistently perceive me to be that way because you're not used to being corrected. If that is your porogative, so be it. Do yourselves a favor by putting me on your ignore list.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:54 AM
Wat

Originally Posted by savagecat
Yes, it's an internet first.

-- E55AMG2 is able to fit his nose AND lips up SR20DEN's crack.

Both you and chernmax sound like you need some time off. Seriously, if you think im up his crack or swingin from his nuts you are sorely mistaken. I defend a true claim and Im an a$$ kisser and a nut hanger, interesting.....
Old 07-18-2005, 06:55 AM
Going Ginsu

Pussies are those who allow themselves to be offended by what some guy on the internet says to them.
I'm entertained and amused by your antics.

I really haven't done very much here to be an a$$hole but some of you will insistently perceive me to be that way because you're not used to being corrected. If that is your porogative, so be it. Do yourselves a favor by putting me on your ignore list.
Nah, I love watching you make are **** out of yourself. :
Old 07-18-2005, 07:05 AM

Both you and chernmax sound like you need some time off. Seriously, if you think im up his crack or swingin from his nuts you are sorely mistaken. I defend a true claim and Im an a$$ kisser and a nut hanger, interesting.....
Sorry but in military terms it's called collateral damage, If SR20DEN wants to push, he better be prepared to be pushed back, his smarta$$ remarks ticked people off, you came to his aid and just got caught up in the mix, no harm or foul on you meant...
Old 07-18-2005, 07:19 AM
VQ Wizard

If SR20DEN wants to push, he better be prepared to be pushed back, his smarta$$ remarks ticked people off, you came to his aid and just got caught up in the mix, no harm or foul on you meant...

Business as usual.

My prior statements apply to you as well. I'll glady extend the same courtesy to anyone who puts me on their ignore list and informs me of such.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:23 AM

Chernmax - as to your earlier statements of me stepping into the light on a used M3 vs a modded MAX. Brother, I respect you and Ramberg but you need to step back to reality. Show me a MAX that can hit 4.7 from 0-60 and post numerous legit 1/4 times in the low 13's and I'll show you a MAX that spent MORE on the car and mods than I would on a used M3 that can do that $hit STOCK...

Sorry but it's the truth... But keep on do what your doin'. I got virtually the same mods as you and ramberg, got legit dyno's from a Dynojet that didn't post nearly what this "mustang" dyno did for you guys. Spent $30K on my ride initially and have dumped at least another $5-7 K in mods into bringin it up to about $38 - 40K invested with labor. Now I have a buddy willing to sell me his 02' M3 at $37K and it can and does hit those numbers listed above - STOCK...

Am I going to buy it? Maybe, maybe not - my pride from having spent so much has got me sticking with the max - I love her, she's a cruiser - but she DEFINITELY ain't no M3 - that's reality brother...

That's my .02 and I'm done with this thread.

Peace
Old 07-18-2005, 07:39 AM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=JiuJitsuThug]Chernmax -
Sorry but it's the truth... But keep on do what your doin'. I got virtually the same mods as you and ramberg, got legit dyno's from a Dynojet that didn't post nearly what this "mustang" dyno did for you guys. Spent $30K on my ride initially and have dumped at least another $5-7 K in mods into bringin it up to about $38 - 40K invested with labor. Now I have a buddy willing to sell me his 02' M3 at $37K and it can and does hit those numbers listed above - STOCK...

Can you please post your numbers so that I can see what the difference is. Thanks Warren
Old 07-18-2005, 07:53 AM
GrandPa

A/C is for pussies
WOW, I quess I am one of the pussies that has AC. But I am driving around nice and cool while you are sweating like a pig. I know it hot up there in Canada this time of year. Later Warren
Old 07-18-2005, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by JiuJitsuThug
Chernmax - as to your earlier statements of me stepping into the light on a used M3 vs a modded MAX. Brother, I respect you and Ramberg but you need to step back to reality. Show me a MAX that can hit 4.7 from 0-60 and post numerous legit 1/4 times in the low 13's and I'll show you a MAX that spent MORE on the car and mods than I would on a used M3 that can do that $hit STOCK...
Bull****. I hit 13.32 (and a previous run that would have been a 13.20 according to the 1/8 time) and I have 3000$ in mods + 3200$ for the car. Show me a decent M3 worth less than 6.2k.

WOW, I quess I am one of the pussies that has AC. But I am driving around nice and cool while you are sweating like a pig. I know it hot up there in Canada this time of year. Later Warren
Sunroof + windows down. I never used my A/C even when it was working 100% last year. I don't like driving with the windows up and when they're down it's a waste of A/C anyway.

Quick Reply: Basic Mods to see 300hp from the Max