6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Basic Mods to see 300hp from the Max

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 08:00 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
United States = The land of the offended.
This tread is getting way off track. I sure don't need a lesson on the Declaration of Independence . Lets get back to what this tread is about or have a moderater close it.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by JiuJitsuThug
Chernmax - as to your earlier statements of me stepping into the light on a used M3 vs a modded MAX. Brother, I respect you and Ramberg but you need to step back to reality. Show me a MAX that can hit 4.7 from 0-60 and post numerous legit 1/4 times in the low 13's and I'll show you a MAX that spent MORE on the car and mods than I would on a used M3 that can do that $hit STOCK...

Sorry but it's the truth... But keep on do what your doin'. I got virtually the same mods as you and ramberg, got legit dyno's from a Dynojet that didn't post nearly what this "mustang" dyno did for you guys. Spent $30K on my ride initially and have dumped at least another $5-7 K in mods into bringin it up to about $38 - 40K invested with labor. Now I have a buddy willing to sell me his 02' M3 at $37K and it can and does hit those numbers listed above - STOCK...

Am I going to buy it? Maybe, maybe not - my pride from having spent so much has got me sticking with the max - I love her, she's a cruiser - but she DEFINITELY ain't no M3 - that's reality brother...

That's my .02 and I'm done with this thread.

Peace
Actually my quote was based more on the price difference, new verse used, classes of cars and what could potentually be done with the extra greenbacks. I absolutely agree an M3 is a hot runner and always will be, the new 05 M3 is a killer. One point though, unless there is a mid band power run off on an M3, you would think a car that can get from 0-60 in 4.7 sec should be somewhere in the low 12's.

Also, think of the extra cost savings if someone bought a used 05 max and the bigger cost gap of a used 05 Max verse a used 02 M3, your talking about a superb VQ35 and lets say an estimated 16 grand for performance mods. The potential exists, right now however, 6th gens will have to wait their turn like every other generation max for the performance enhancements to catch up. Peace bro, thanks for the followup...
Old 07-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Wat

Originally Posted by JClaw
Bull****. I hit 13.32 (and a previous run that would have been a 13.20 according to the 1/8 time) and I have 3000$ in mods + 3200$ for the car. Show me a decent M3 worth less than 6.2k.

VQ35 + no weight = teh fast

/thread
Old 07-18-2005, 08:08 AM
GrandPa

Sunroof + windows down. I never used my A/C even when it was working 100% last year. I don't like driving with the windows up and when they're down it's a waste of A/C anyway.
Its still hot with that hot air blowing in your face. I know you don't drive in the winter with your windows down. lol Later Warren
Old 07-18-2005, 08:11 AM

Sunroof + windows down. I never used my A/C even when it was working 100% last year. I don't like driving with the windows up and when they're down it's a waste of A/C anyway.[/QUOTE]

You know, you jump in the mix starting out with a dumba$$ comment and you have no idea why the original "No A/C Belt" comment was made.

Answer one simple question, is your A/C belt attached?

If yes, shut it.

The comment is based on SR20DEN dyno run where he took off his A/C belt and achieved a higher pull as a result.

Damn young kids, alligator mouth with a pea brain...
Old 07-18-2005, 08:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by chernmax
''Sunroof + windows down. I never used my A/C even when it was working 100% last year. I don't like driving with the windows up and when they're down it's a waste of A/C anyway.''

You know, you jump in the mix starting out with a dumba$$ comment and you have no idea why the original "No A/C Belt" comment was made.
Yes. To reduce parasitic drivetrain loss.

Answer one simple question, is your A/C belt attached?

If yes, shut it.
No. My AC was removed when I did the VQ35 swap.

The comment is based on SR20DEN dyno run where he took off his A/C belt and achieved a higher pull as a result.
This is old news and was implied as well.

Damn young kids, alligator mouth with a pea brain...
I hope you get banned.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:21 AM

Err...ummm...excuse me guys but aren't we way OT here?

I mean, talking A/C, M3, etc.?

Back to the original question, don't you think that the mods I mentioned way back when this thread was still on topic would get you close to that 300 HP mark (flywheel...not at the front wheel)?

This is 35 HP we are talking here. That's a 13% improvement over stock. I would think that shouldn't be that difficult to do assuming a person is willing to run "illegal" in the emissions department and possibly (if not probably) void his warranty.

BTW, as far as what car is faster for the money, you can always get a beat up old Mustang or Firebird etc. and drop in an old larger displacement engine and be much quicker than a 6th gen, but there is more to driving (and life) than a 1/4 mile, and there will always be quicker, better handling, sharper looking cars out there. It's just the way it is. I can live with that.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:35 AM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=darrinps]Err...ummm...excuse me guys but aren't we way OT here?

You are correct. This started after I posted my Dyno Slip. The tech who did the dyno said about 310 at the crank and a couple of members started to knock it down. If you feel that you have the information that you need, please close the tread because it going downhill. Later Warren
Old 07-18-2005, 08:37 AM

I hope you get banned.
AFTER YOU...

ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN CAN READ THE PRECEDING THREADS AND DETERMINE THAT YOU JUMPED IN WITH A DUMBA$$ COMMENT QUOTING ME SO I HOPE YOU GET A NICE VACATION...

GO CRY SOMEPLACE ELSE..
Old 07-18-2005, 08:48 AM
GrandPa

A/C is for pussies
You called maybe 85% of the members who have A/C pussies. Maybe you should get banned. If you are going to give it, be able to take it. Later Warren
Old 07-18-2005, 09:06 AM

Ramberg, Chernmax, y'all have the highest respect from the 6th generation family. Just walk away from this thread, y'all are two big for this kind of internet bickering.
You both have two of the fastest 6th gen maximas around. Nuff said.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:11 AM

OK, time to this one.

I have the slowest Maxima and proud of it.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:31 AM

Cool deal Chernamx and Ramberg - you guys are two of my favorite posters and modders. Much respect and I hope we can break that 300hp mark soon

Ramberg - my dyno was 219hp and 229tq.

Jclaw - my response was posed for the 6th gens and their cost of being able to make them hit those kind of numbers That's awesome that you posted those times. Good job.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:33 AM

Jclaw - my response was posed for the 6th gens and their cost of being able to make them hit those kind of numbers That's awesome that you posted those times. Good job.
If you're talking 6th gen specific then it's more a matter of time than anything else. It took about 5 years for 4th gens to get decent aftermarket.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:43 AM

Jclaw - I know, that's what sucks for us 6th genners that are performance / speed junkies I get pissed cause every tech company jumped all over doing mods on G35 and Z mods and it seems as though everyone has given up on the Max. My main motivation when I bought this was because I was sold on the reputation of the Max being the "4 door sports car". Now it seems that they have ditched that image and are going for the more upscale image.

It's all good though, I just bought one of these for my speed fix and it only has a piddly 123 hp

Old 07-18-2005, 09:53 AM

Jclaw - I know, that's what sucks for us 6th genners that are performance / speed junkies I get pissed cause every tech company jumped all over doing mods on G35 and Z mods and it seems as though everyone has given up on the Max. My main motivation when I bought this was because I was sold on the reputation of the Max being the "4 door sports car". Now it seems that they have ditched that image and are going for the more upscale image.

It's all good though, I just bought one of these for my speed fix and it only has a piddly 123 hp

That bike is hot, maybe with you pulling my max we can break some better speed numbers, other than that, we'll just have to keep waiting...

No complaints, I still love the 6th gen max...

Peace Bro...
Old 07-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by ramberg
Stillen sells the cams. About 1300 dollars plus what ever installation costs. I don't think alot of the members would want to start messing around in the engine if they are under warranty. Later Warren
I understand that, but I don't see a way to get 300hp w/o walking away from the warranty. Unless your next dyno show similar numbers as your first, then we'll know.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Wat

Originally Posted by RHMax
I understand that, but I don't see a way to get 300hp w/o walking away from the warranty. Unless your next dyno show similar numbers as your first, then we'll know.

Actually, any mod can void the warranty...whether it be a K&N panel filter or a set of cams
Old 07-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Wat

5spd auto or 6spd?
Old 07-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Blown

You called maybe 85% of the members who have A/C pussies. Maybe you should get banned. If you are going to give it, be able to take it. Later Warren
I think you guys will get to 300chp soon...but the reason I am posting is because I am wondering if your first name is "Later"? Or are you saying "Later", and then signing your name?
Old 07-18-2005, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by cardana24
I think you guys will get to 300chp soon...but the reason I am posting is because I am wondering if your first name is "Later"? Or are you saying "Later", and then signing your name?
It's slang for "see you late" "take to you later" "have to go" etc...
Old 07-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Newbie just Registered

A/C is for pussies
Meow........
Old 07-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Wat

If he lived in south florida, he wouldnt say so.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:33 AM

It's slang for "see you late" "take to you later" "have to go" etc...
Damn, messed that one all up It's slang for "See you later" "Talk to you later" or a way of saying "I have to go" etc... There may be others, however those are the top 3...
Old 07-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Newbie just Registered

...The comment is based on SR20DEN dyno run where he took off his A/C belt and achieved a higher pull as a result. ...
We used to run 1/4 mile with all accessory belts removed and got about .25+ sec(low 15's versus high 14's on well modded SR20, B16, 4A-GE), don't need A/C or power steering on the track. Then we put them back on because we were hot and lazy, so the cars were slower again. Didn't spend money on pulleys.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Blown

Damn, messed that one all up It's slang for "See you later" "Talk to you later" or a way of saying "I have to go" etc... There may be others, however those are the top 3...
I understand what "Later" means, I was just wondering sice I see it in a lot of his posts, if it were his actual name since he types it so much. Later Cardana
Old 07-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by E55AMG2
Actually, any mod can void the warranty...whether it be a K&N panel filter or a set of cams
Can void and will void are two different things. Once you tear up the engine, the can void is gone. Anything that before can be re-stocked before warranty work.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:02 AM

Was that before or after the modifications, and (as asked but not yet replied to) do you have a manual or an automatic?
Old 07-18-2005, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by RHMax
We used to run 1/4 mile with all accessory belts removed and got about .25+ sec(low 15's versus high 14's on well modded SR20, B16, 4A-GE), don't need A/C or power steering on the track. Then we put them back on because we were hot and lazy, so the cars were slower again. Didn't spend money on pulleys.
Thanks for the info, but by removing the belts plus a lightweight pully, I'll bet the times can be lowered even more...

For me, I wouldn't do it, whatever my car is capable on the street of performing is what I'll except for my track times. I'll never be the fastest, however never the slowest either, and thats just fine by me...
Old 07-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Newbie just Registered

...For me, I wouldn't do it, whatever my car is capable on the street of performing is what I'll except for my track times. I'll never be the fastest, however never the slowest either, and thats just fine by me...
I gree with you and tried to make the same point. You could have better time than someone on the track and have them beat you on the way home.

Pulleys weren't available as an off-the-shelf option then, only custom made.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:02 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by cardana24
Warren is my first name and later means talk to you later or see you later. That just my sign out. Later Warren
Old 07-18-2005, 12:11 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by PaL379
OK, time to this one.

I have the slowest Maxima and proud of it.
No you don't my friend. Later Warren
Old 07-18-2005, 12:13 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by Longhorn1
Ramberg, Chernmax, y'all have the highest respect from the 6th generation family. Just walk away from this thread, y'all are two big for this kind of internet bickering.
You both have two of the fastest 6th gen maximas around. Nuff said.
Thanks for those comments. After I answer some of these replys, I will walk away. Later Warren
Old 07-18-2005, 12:15 PM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=JiuJitsuThug]Cool deal Chernamx and Ramberg - you guys are two of my favorite posters and modders. Much respect and I hope we can break that 300hp mark soon

Thanks alot and I know my best friend chernmax would say the same thing. Later Waren
Old 07-18-2005, 12:16 PM

darrinips & E55 - 5spd auto and tested AFTER the following mods (Greddy's & Intake). I have not retested since adding the Unorthodox pulley. Don't even want to bother with it since I also added 19's. It would be too depressing

As stated, I'm done with the performance mods from here on out. I don't see much point in it anymore since I got the R6 that will smoke any MAX ever made LOL - so for me the max is now just a good looking cruiser.

Dyno was done on a DynoJet in April 04'.

Best of luck to you guys in attaining those numbers though
Old 07-18-2005, 12:18 PM

Thanks for those comments. After I answer some of these replys, I will walk away. Later Warren
Actually, the thread seems to be getting back on track and it seems like cooler heads are prevailing "MINE INCLUDED", I would hope more Org members will see it and bring something constructive to the table...

I also want to learn...
Old 07-18-2005, 12:21 PM
GrandPa

I am walking away from this tread and will start a new tread when I redo my dyno on a DynoJet next month. Later Warren

A night picture taken this past Friday at my nycmaxima club meeting.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:23 PM

That looks TIGHT Ramberg! Keep doing your thang!
JJT
Old 07-18-2005, 12:31 PM

I am walking away from this tread and will start a new tread when I redo my dyno on a DynoJet next month. Later Warren

Warren, I love that pic, PM me when you get the new thread up, hopefully I will also have some numbers for comparison and we can get the true discussion rolling again…
Old 07-18-2005, 12:35 PM

Warren, is that Honda juice dripping from your hood, what did I tell you about swollowing those Civics whole...

Nah can't be, I just noticed, that's not a car bra, it's a muzzle...

Quick Reply: Basic Mods to see 300hp from the Max