6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Interior LED Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 08:10 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by gec
So when you coming down
after you show me how the gauges look in blue..... SHOW ME THE BLUE!!!!

I will let you know, hopefully i can meet up with you at the end of the month...
Old 09-06-2005, 08:45 PM
gec

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
after you show me how the gauges look in blue..... SHOW ME THE BLUE!!!!

We've got plans to do the dashes on friday.... since there are 60 something LED's in that alone --- I don't think we'll get to the gauges.... I've decided I'm not going to even bother with the reverse glow...I'm just gonna swap them out to blue....

Hey its gonna look hot --- especially with your two tone silver / blue...

Old 09-11-2005, 06:54 PM
gec

In Progress - Tackling the Gauge Nightmare --- This is what it looks like oem fellas

Old 09-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hope you have little fingers , very little tiny ones ..

Good on ya mate at least you are doing something about the issue , can't say I'm in love with Nissan ORANGE.. it's their world wide Dash LED colour ...
Old 09-11-2005, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by gec
In Progress - Tackling the Gauge Nightmare --- This is what it looks like oem fellas

holy crap.... you got some nutts dude, can't wait for the outcome..
Old 09-11-2005, 08:42 PM

If there is anyone in the Rocky Mtn area that can tackle the mess of LED's let me know... I'd gladly pay someone to swap the lights (And I thought bigs hands were "in")
Old 09-11-2005, 09:40 PM
.org extraordinaire

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...?product=OTHER

Can anyone inform me of which LEDs from this page would replace the rear tail lights (all bulbs) reverse, stop, driving etc.

And which LEDs would replace the third brake light bulbs?

Thanks Again Fellas,

Kam

PS- I looked and dont see any "stackies" about LEDs....... for those that like to yell about sticky threads "erhghm erhm"........
Old 09-12-2005, 04:55 AM
GrandPa

When you have everything finished and can give me a total price and I feel its worth it. I will drive down for the day.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:12 AM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Originally Posted by gec

damn!

what color lights are you planning to put in place of the orange ones?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by ramberg
When you have everything finished and can give me a total price and I feel its worth it. I will drive down for the day.
You mean drive up...

I'm interested too, but not if it's something like $600 or some crazy number like that. I might not be feeling the orange, but I can think of better uses for the money.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:00 AM
gec

holy crap.... you got some nutts dude, can't wait for the outcome..
Lookin forward to doing your car next and give me a call on that PM

Originally Posted by Floormarshall
If there is anyone in the Rocky Mtn area that can tackle the mess of LED's let me know... I'd gladly pay someone to swap the lights (And I thought bigs hands were "in")
Hey Floor - We are going to offer it out to everyone. Take a look at the final product, which hopefully will be done within the week, and shoot me an e-mail

Sure wiil ram

Originally Posted by Wills98MaxSE
what color lights are you planning to put in place of the orange ones?
We're going with Blue

Originally Posted by viguera
I'm interested too, but not if it's something like $600 or some crazy number like that. I might not be feeling the orange, but I can think of better uses for the money.
hmmmmm...$600 is crazy huuuhhh??? I don't really know where its going to be priced yet, but approx 150 LED's are needed for this upgrade --- and the good ones range from $2-$5 --- then the time to change them all --- so basic math tells me thats cheap --- As I go through this process I have to say that this upgrade is both unique and priceless for the look that it gives the interior ----However, we have already discussed it and plan on pricing it aggressively --- the thought is we would rather upgrade 10 cars and make a little on each one then 1 OR 2 and make the same profit. I'm all about seeing the maxima mod world grow and the network of guys like us expanding. Understand this process is taking a little longer because we have been testing the boards for each piece to determine the best configurations for our cars.

On another note ---- what was not is Chris's sticky on the screen upgrade which needs to be noted is the screens board needs to be modified in order to accept those LED's that he has listed ---- a moderator may want to make a note of that. I'm sure Chris didn't know that because he had an an engineer do it for him.

Lastly ---- PICS TONIGHT OF THE BLUE DASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-12-2005, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by gec
hmmmmm...$600 is crazy huuuhhh??? I don't really know where its going to be priced yet, but approx 150 LED's are needed for this upgrade --- and the good ones range from $2-$5 --- then the time to change them all --- so basic math tells me thats cheap --- As I go through this process I have to say that this upgrade is both unique and priceless for the look that it gives the interior ----However, we have already discussed it and plan on pricing it aggressively --- the thought is we would rather upgrade 10 cars and make a little on each one then 1 OR 2 and make the same profit. I'm all about seeing the maxima mod world grow and the network of guys like us expanding. Understand this process is taking a little longer because we have been testing the boards for each piece to determine the best configurations for our cars.
Yes. $600 to change the LED color is crazy.

I understand it's "unique" (actually, if 10 people do it, is it still unique? ), but seriously... that's like those suckers on the MB forums that I visit that pay $300 for puddle lights. Sure it distinguishes the car, and it will look sick at shows, but I doubt you can call it "priceless", and with the large number of LEDs that you're gonna buy, you can probably get a discount by buying in bulk (assuming that people are actually serious about it).

I like it, I think it's cool, but hell yeah I think $600 is crazy.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:47 AM
gec

Yes. $600 to change the LED color is crazy.

I understand it's "unique" (actually, if 10 people do it, is it still unique? ), but seriously... that's like those suckers on the MB forums that I visit that pay $300 for puddle lights. Sure it distinguishes the car, and it will look sick at shows, but I doubt you can call it "priceless", and with the large number of LEDs that you're gonna buy, you can probably get a discount by buying in bulk (assuming that people are actually serious about it).

I like it, I think it's cool, but hell yeah I think $600 is crazy.

Wow...dude welcome back from left field....100,000 6th gen maxima's on the road and 10 isn't unique????? Then you talk about the MB guys who put puddle lights in --- you call it sick looking and admit that it distinguishes their cars, but they're suckers for paying $300 for it....we're gonna have to call you john kerry for flip flopping too much. Seems to me you have a problem much deeper than your letting on..... but thats ok...I spent 7 years of my life defending freedom and your entitled to your opinion... My PM box begs to differ with you greatly, so I guess that means your UNIQUE ...... So 10 grand for you and under $600 for everyone else...bye bye...

Old 09-12-2005, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by gec
Wow...dude welcome back from left field....100,000 6th gen maxima's on the road and 10 isn't unique????? Then you talk about the MB guys who put puddle lights in --- you call it sick looking and admit that it distinguishes their cars, but they're suckers for paying $300 for it....we're gonna have to call you john kerry for flip flopping too much. Seems to me you have a problem much deeper than your letting on..... but thats ok...I spent 7 years of my life defending freedom and your entitled to your opinion... My PM box begs to differ with you greatly, so I guess that means your UNIQUE ...... So 10 grand for you and under $600 for everyone else...bye bye...
Hmmm... I guess I need to break it down for you and your PM box.

Yes it's nice. No, it's not worth $600 -- to me anyway.

The business with the puddle lights... that's like the MB door sills. They were selling the sills for $600, and some people went out and spent that money on them. Good for them, crazy IMO. I waited after the fever went away and got my sills a couple of months ago for $200 and installed them myself. Are they nice? Yeah. Are they $500 nice? Hell no, even if they look like it. Call me crazy, but maybe I just like my $500 mods to actually do something...

The puddle lights are the same way... they're nice, but for what they do they're not worth $300, Brabus or not. To me, that's the same thing as the LED swap... it looks nice, it might distinguish your car -- probably from the guy next door -- but what's the purpose of them? But hey, if you feel like this is worth $600, more power to you. IMO they're not, and I think that price is crazy. But you're entitled to your opinion, just like me.

And don't let you PM box fool you... I'm sure SSR's PM box was overflowing when they started talking about their supercharger. In the end, anybody can send a PM and say "I want one", when you start asking people for money to get it done, you'll see people start flaking.

But I'm not gonna put you down because you're trying to do something for the community, and I hope you actually get the volume to make some cash on this. I know I wouldn't feel very "unique" if I went to a show and 10 other cars had the same stuff as mine, but I guess if it makes you feel special then more power to you.

Good luck, and try to relax a little.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:20 PM
gec

thanx for contributing your wonderful insight.....hope to someday see your car posted so you can show us all a mod that you did and feel it was worth what you paid......figures you try to do something good for the fellas in the community and this is what you get....

Old 09-12-2005, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by gec
thanx for contributing your wonderful insight.....hope to someday see your car posted so you can show us all a mod that you did and feel it was worth what you paid......figures you try to do something good for the fellas in the community and this is what you get....
Like I said, best of luck to you. And I don't understand why you have to turn this into a pissing match... best you can accomplish is get the thread locked or the posts moved.

And FYI, I have posted my car before... and yes, I think the mods I've done are worthwhile, yet simple. Wheels, tints and gauges. Oh, and there's that computer in the trunk connected to the touchscreen where the info screen is, and a couple of other things.

That's all. :P

Seriously dude, I'm not trying to **** on your corn flakes... it's my opinion, you don't have to get pissed if you don't like it. I'm sure you'll find some people in here willing to pay $600 or more to get their LEDs done. Like I said, good luck.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:59 PM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=viguera]

Do you still have that item for me? I have been in Florida for awhile and just returned from Mass. last week.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:13 PM
gec

Like I said, best of luck to you. And I don't understand why you have to turn this into a pissing match... best you can accomplish is get the thread locked or the posts moved.

And FYI, I have posted my car before... and yes, I think the mods I've done are worthwhile, yet simple. Wheels, tints and gauges. Oh, and there's that computer in the trunk connected to the touchscreen where the info screen is, and a couple of other things.

That's all. :P

Seriously dude, I'm not trying to **** on your corn flakes... it's my opinion, you don't have to get pissed if you don't like it. I'm sure you'll find some people in here willing to pay $600 or more to get their LEDs done. Like I said, good luck.

not pissed in the least...your opinion......

Old 09-12-2005, 02:18 PM

Do you still have that item for me? I have been in Florida for awhile and just returned from Mass. last week.
Holy off-topic jump batman!

They're in the fridge. I'm not "in the know" so I can't tell you if they're good or not. Do you think they'll be crappy or something? If you're willing to take the chance, I'm in the city all day this week (damn UN summit too... f'ers!)

Old 09-12-2005, 03:37 PM
GrandPa

Holy off-topic jump batman!

They're in the fridge. I'm not "in the know" so I can't tell you if they're good or not. Do you think they'll be crappy or something? If you're willing to take the chance, I'm in the city all day this week (damn UN summit too... f'ers!)

Sorry off topic. Car is in shop will be fixed by end of week. Most likely next week.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:26 PM

Hmmm... There seems to be too much estrogen in here- It appears we are all informed consumers cognicent of supply and demand. If it's worth it to us we'll buy it. If it's not worth it to you (whoever is reading this) I'm sure you'll spend your $$ elsewhere. Personally, I don't care if every Maxima in the world has it- I don't like the orange and I would love to see blue
Old 09-12-2005, 04:58 PM

I have puddle Lites ..

I have puddle lights and they are blue and they were fitted at the factory...

I like them .

Gec is trying to offer something and I think that we should all appreciate that , If it's too expensive then don't buy it ,is it not that simple .. I am sure that lots of people will buy it and I don't think that he should be shot down for doing something which is an issue for many people.

However Gec , the only comment that I have is that you should consider purchase of some screens and instrument cluster out of some wrecks and then do the LED and have them on an exchange basis.. eg. someone sends there one to you and you send one back a ready made one..

Well that my 2c...

BY the way Australia lost yesterday the ASHES cricket series to England this is like a national tradegy .. we have had the Ashes for the last 29 years .. like when we took your America's cup yacht race of you guys...

MY PUDDLE LIGHT
Old 09-12-2005, 05:49 PM
*moderator*

Guess my new cornering lights are a bit like these "puddle lights"
I would mount them under the car not from the mirror (better coverage?)
And it cost me only $5.00
Old 09-13-2005, 06:38 AM

I'm definitely feelin' the blue colored screen. That's very, very tight! If the speedometer matches too that will be pimpin'! Nice job on the swap out. PEACE..........
Old 09-13-2005, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by gec
Lastly ---- PICS TONIGHT OF THE BLUE DASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what happened to the pics Gec?..
Old 09-13-2005, 01:51 PM

viguera, calm down man all this work is warranted, if it fails just send it back man, for 5-600 is a good deal..
Old 09-13-2005, 02:25 PM

viguera, calm down man all this work is warranted, if it fails just send it back man, for 5-600 is a good deal..
For how long?
Old 09-13-2005, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sexyass Maxima
For how long?
I'm not sure, the details are still being worked out.. but belive that they are working on the best led to install and give the best life possible..

I was on the phone with Gec and this is the latest news. right now they are testing the gauges, they are leaving a test set on all the time to see how long it last..

trust that they are working on the best possible led with the best possible deal..
Old 09-13-2005, 02:41 PM
gec

Originally Posted by blackpaladin67
Gec , the only comment that I have is that you should consider purchase of some screens and instrument cluster out of some wrecks and then do the LED and have them on an exchange basis.. eg. someone sends there one to you and you send one back a ready made one..

Hey Black,

We actually did do just that last week --- one of the reasons this process has taken so long is because we have been studying each piece and comparing how each LED glows. Many different LED's fit the boards, however the the cheaper ones burn differently and give off displaced light. Some that are in between give a nice glow, but the boards contacts have to be modified in order to accpet the LED... So this left us comparing some of the more expensive ones that fit the contacts without modifying the oem board...specifically testing their burning life... This is very important as you want the LED to last the life of the car and beyond...Now that we've spent about 2 weeks and mucho denero on LED's and time...we got it down to a science.... We're gonna do a simple swap...you send us the pieces from your car and we'll send you the pieces already done the same day.... ... oh and thank you very much Black

Originally Posted by maxdizzle1
I'm definitely feelin' the blue colored screen. That's very, very tight! If the speedometer matches too that will be pimpin'! Nice job on the swap out. PEACE..........
Hey Max,

Thank you Bro!!! We changed everything to include all 4 door power units - shifter - ignition - console light as well as the screen - gauges - upper and lower dashes....pimpin ain't even the word for the cabin in blue...

what happened to the pics Gec?..
Sorry I got tied up last night ---- I PROMISE I'll post the dash pics tonight when I get home....wait till you see it...damn its a beautiful thing.....probably late around 11ish

don't even sweat it bro....the finished product will let people make their own decision...but thank you

they are leaving a test set on all the time to see how long it last..

trust that they are working on the best possible led with the best possible deal..

This is true --- thank you again---- we have set up a test relay that is given constant power 24 hours a day to 3 different style LED's that we have narrowed it down to as being the best for our cars....the result will show us the best one and thats the one we are going to offer to everyone....

Old 09-13-2005, 03:33 PM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=gec]

I am not going to take my dash apart. If I drive to your shop and get there first thing, how long will it take to complete the job? I already have blue neons under my dash. Thanks Warren
Old 09-13-2005, 06:10 PM
gec

The Dash Pix are INNN

Check out the Shifter

Old 09-13-2005, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by gec
The Dash Pix are INNN
That's hot... no doubt about it.

I went over all the stuff that you posted and I'll be the first to admit, for $600 doing everything does seem like a bargain. I thought you were talking about the screen and the gauges, but if you're doing all the switches and even the damn shifter, that's actually a hell of a job for that price, no bones about it.

I have no doubt that you're gonna have to set up a day now for people to get to your place and do this in bulk...

You might wanna consider what this dude does on the MB forums that I go to... he started doing COMAND installs for people and he'd schedule trips to go out and do them over a couple of days. Right now he's so busy he's selling and installing all kinds of other stuff... his latest trip in October spans 3 continents.

Good luck with it bro.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:29 PM
gec

That's hot... no doubt about it.

I went over all the stuff that you posted and I'll be the first to admit, for $600 doing everything does seem like a bargain. I thought you were talking about the screen and the gauges, but if you're doing all the switches and even the damn shifter, that's actually a hell of a job for that price, no bones about it.

I have no doubt that you're gonna have to set up a day now for people to get to your place and do this in bulk...

You might wanna consider what this dude does on the MB forums that I go to... he started doing COMAND installs for people and he'd schedule trips to go out and do them over a couple of days. Right now he's so busy he's selling and installing all kinds of other stuff... his latest trip in October spans 3 continents.

Good luck with it bro.
Hey ---- Thank you ---- glad we could set aside those differences.... Could you hit me back with a link to the MB forum so I could check that out ---

Old 09-13-2005, 06:31 PM

Fantastic job...

Well done mate that is super , I am going to have to put my car on a boat and come over and get it done...LOL

Looks Really good..
Old 09-13-2005, 06:32 PM

oh yea!!!! nice Gec....
Old 09-13-2005, 06:33 PM
GrandPa

Ok that looks great. I am waiting for a answer to my question above. I will also need a total price. Thanks Warren
Old 09-13-2005, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by gec
Hey ---- Thank you ---- glad we could set aside those differences.... Could you hit me back with a link to the MB forum so I could check that out ---
It's mbworld.org... dude's name is Steve (MBenzNL). Do a search for his name and you'll see people swear by his work...

This is the thread on his October trip: http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showth...hlight=mbenznl

And here's a noteable quote...

The next MBenzNL (US) installation trip is scheduled for October/November. This trip will go to Seoul, Sydney, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Toronto, either New York or Boston and maybe to Washington – other destinations might be possible but somehow I think this will take enough time already.
What he does is buy the stuff in Europe and install it when he comes to the States (usually turns into a mini-meet at somebody's house with a decent garage ).

I'm sure if you set up an install meet somewhere near RI (that's where you are, right?) for North East people, you'll have more than a few 6th gens showing up...
Old 09-13-2005, 06:43 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

excellent job on the dash, gec
Old 09-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

good job gec! looks great!! how about some pic of the gauges?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:01 PM

Question on the information screen, it looks as though the contrast between the letters/numbers and the background isn't too good. Is that just the picture resolution or are the lights too bright behind the screen? I'm not hatin', just askin'. I like the blue look, like the TL and Accord, but my first major mod will be rims and springs.

Quick Reply: Interior LED Upgrade